Spectrum Tournament Round 1 Brackets

Status
Not open for further replies.
***IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT #2***
I got my power up, but my internet is still down. I heard that it is coming back Friday night/Saturday morning. I apologize to all the people who post now and say they never found their opponent. There is a reason I said in this topic to at least post and say you are looking for the other guy, or else you would be disqualified. Sorry guys, but I can't change now that I said it. Rest of you, get your battles done by Saturday I guess, since I won't get to my bracket layout until then.

Substitutes who are battling are in italics. If they win they are italics+bold.

Here are the brackets. Please post when you win/lose. Save your battle log in case there is some sort of debate over who won (read: if your opponent is a (BAN ME PLEASE) and misreports you, you have proof.) You have a week to report results or to post that you are looking for your partner and he isn't showing up. I sent everyone a PM alerting them to this topic, so don't say you didn't see it. Please PM your partner and set up a time to battle.

1.Siphai
vs.
24.Wuguza
I just didn't see that you posted...Sorry about that Wuguza.

2.Groudon80
vs.
Balou
Balou is now ungrounded, and he will be battling Groudon.

3.Floppy Disk
vs.
23.Chicken
It's all good.

4.Cougar 17
vs.
7.Picollo
Winner by hax.

6.Jackal
vs.
14.Raikou21
No problem here.

8.Veteran in Love
vs.
30.Mizuno
This battle is now scheduled for Tuesday afternoon.

9.Roy
vs.
31.Massi4h
They battled...finally...

10.GaviaO
vs.
25.Rlaur2
Rlaur posted ftw.

11.ToP
vs. Winner is Mekkah
20.A2tarheel
Disqualified. Mekkah battles whoever these guys were meant to battle.

12.Death bee
vs.
32.Omer_Ahmed_15
Omer_Ahmed_15, you are battling Death Bee.

13.Thecrazylazyguy
vs.
21.180.roger
No problem here

15.The Communist Plant
vs.
16.Flub
Battle went perfectly. Sorry, 0mastar. I said to check in for a reason...

17.Syberia
vs.
29.Vulcan Fury
No problems here

18.Boo Radley
vs.
28.Gotei(13) hyrinmaru
Everything worked fine

19.Aeroblacktyl
vs.
26.Spaceflare
First ones done

22.Freaktron
vs.
27.Hipno
Anyone is gone, so Freaktron vs. Hipno

Substitutes
---

1.Freaktron
2.Mekkah On vacation or something until Friday, so I subbed in against the communist plant. Mekkah subs in for tarheel/top on round 2.
3.Cougar17
4.Omer_Ahmed_15

gene

(* ̄(エ) ̄*)
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Two-Time Past WCoP Champion
sent pm, i heard he is grounded or something in a different topic but we'll see if we can arrange something.

I PMed Siphai and im just waiting for him to give me a response back. Siphai i will play at 3:30 PM til 10:00 PM and thats the time im usually on and im usually at the smogon room. Make a time of what time sounds good for both of us to play.

zfs

Everything old is new again
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Flub isn't on the banned listed for making tournies, if Flub actually sent a PM then I have no problem with this.

PMed Jackal on NB right when the pairings came out with no response, and I had to go 30 minutes later. He was away and probably didn't have a team ready either.

Umm.... I wasn't really talking about that but I guess if you never approved it, my match won't be happening at all.

I am really sorry for this, Justin. I thought that you were giving implicit approval; I didn't realize that I needed a PM specifically stating that I had permission. My idea of the review process was more that we send you tournament possibilities, and then they are okay unless you reject them for being stupid, unoriginal, or poorly thought out ideas. Do you think it would be possible to continue running this tournament, or do you want to shut it down? Please forgive me for this.

EDIT: I just noticed I got zfs's approval apparently, so this means I can keep running the tourney?

Pm'ed VIL, hopefully we'll get this done soon

Now I have a question. In the rules you said we can replace higher tier PKMN with lower tier PKMN right? (like Typhlosion in the OU slot). My question is, is pre-evolved a lower tier than NU? Just wondering since some pre-evos are somewhat better than some NU.

Mizuno said:
Pm'ed VIL, hopefully we'll get this done soon

Now I have a question. In the rules you said we can replace higher tier PKMN with lower tier PKMN right? (like Typhlosion in the OU slot). My question is, is pre-evolved a lower tier than NU? Just wondering since some pre-evos are somewhat better than some NU.
I am sorry for the confusion, because I didn't think about that particular point. Pre-evo is treated as totally independent. It can't replace anything, and nothing can replace it.

And guys, please keep battling until Justin posts to shut down this tournament or say that it is allowed. I think it is all ok since zfs gave approval, and until I hear something else we should continue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)