Spectrum Tourney Revival (Signups/Rules)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last year, I made the fairly popular spectrum tourney. With so few tournaments going on right now, I felt like making a tournament, and spectrum seemed like the perfect idea. It is an advance-mode tourney held on netbattle, but it isn't anything near an established metagame, so hopefully this will still attract some interest.

Here are the rules.

Basics
---
1. Players must use freeze clause, sleep clause, unrated, battle timeout, and PP ups enabled. No other clauses may be on.

2. Players may use any moves except for OHKOs and evasion

3. Players may use any items except for "hax items." Focus band is included as a hax item.

4. Save your tournament log until I post the next round's pairings. If some douche says he won even if he lost, the log will be your evidence

5. If your opponent is using an illegal item, move, or team, get a screenshot of the problem and send it to me. Screenshots are a lot easier to see and a lot harder to fake than battle logs.

6. You may change your team in between rounds, as long is it still conforms to the rules. This is a very unique format compared to standard, so I take it most people would still be experimenting with teams after round 1.

Unique rules
---
1. Players' teams consist of 1 uber, 1 OU, 1 BL, 1 UU, 1 NU, and 1 unevolved pokemon. These are defined by the pokerealm tier list, which I am modifying slightly. [I would use Smogon, but it's down.] Look at the next post for the tier list.

2. Players can substitute another NU for their BL, another OU for their uber, and so on. Weaker tiers can replace stronger tiers, but stronger tiers cannot replace weaker tiers. Teams must have exactly 1 (one) unevolved pokemon. No more, no less.

The last tournament was plagued by problems of people just not showing up to get their matches. This was to be expected in a 32-person double-elimination tournament, but it still pissed me off. Thus, I am instituting some rules to deal with that crap.

Pairing/meta-tournament stuff
---
1. Pairings will be double elimination. That means that if you lose once during the tournament, you get bumped to a loser's bracket, which eventually merges with a winner's bracket at the very end. If you lose twice, you are out.

2. I am very strict about timing. Each round will be for seven days, with a 4-day extension. The extension is there so that if someone will be away from a computer for a few days, they can finish up their match. Furthermore, if a sub is needed after 7 days are past, the battle can be done in those 4 days. If I didn't get a PM from them that they would be away, even if their match isn't done, I will arbitrate who gets a loss. That is explained below.

3. To minimize time issues in the early rounds, I will try to get Europeans playing Europeans and Americans playing Americans. That way, there isn't a 6-hour difference to contend with.

4. I will post two dates and times each pairing (one for Americans, one for Europeans.) The dates will be 3-4 days after I post the pairings. If you show up on netbattle the time I specify, that is when you should be playing against your opponent. If your opponent can't make it, try to set up another time. However, if the match doesn't get done within that week, I will give the win to whoever showed up at the assigned time.

5. If your opponent is trying to do anything unfair regarding scheduling, contact me.

6.What I am saying is that you can set up matches by PM but, if you don't manage to get a PM match done, get onto netbattle at the time I requested and you won't have to worry about a PM setup. If the time doesn't work out for you, feel free to PM your guy and set up another time.

EDIT: When you guys sign up, could you please post whether you'd rather be playing at European time or American time? I just sent out a mass PM to everyone who signed up already--I didn't realize that I forgot to ask for location until signup #20 or so.

Signups

Signups are becoming less frequent, so I am capping this at 48, with 5 subs. Was 40, but I don't want to kick anyone out, and g80 won't let me go do it at 40 or 44.

1. jrrrrrrr
2. UrNightmare
3. Ace777
4. Pilocus
5. rambo_verm
6. Mekkah*
7. Ae Sakura
8. Judgement
9. -FL-
10. Slam me Ham me
11. Obi
12. Sithis
13.Justice
14. Zerowing
15.Wasp
16. Seventy Seven
17. Veteran in Love
18. Karrot
19. Goborage
20. HOTPOTATOES
21. Mizuno
22. Pikapete
23. Best
24. Jabbathegriffin
25. Testing...
26. btway
27. rekt
28. HiT
29. Anyone
30. Slayre
31. Happy K
32. Pillowrath
33. massi4h
34. Cerberus
35. Goofball
36. Silent
37. Unownasofyet
38. (TO)Taylor
39. LocoUser
40. KnockOut
41. CaptKirby
42. Seafan
43. flashfox
44. Flub

^^^If a substitute doesn't make it, I'll replace that substitute.

Here is the basic pokerealm tier list. I will list modifications after the list.

NU Pokemon (NeverUsed)
Aipom, Ariados, Beautifly, Beedrill, Bellossom, Butterfree, Cacturne, Castform, Chimecho, Corsola, Crawdaunt, Delcatty, Delibird, Dewgong, Ditto, Dustox, Farfetch'd, Furret, Flareon, Glalie, Hitmonchan, Huntail, Illumise, Kecleon, Kingler, Ledian, Lickitung, Luvdisc, Magcargo, Mantine, Masquerain, Mawile, Mightyena, Minun, Murkrow, Noctowl, Nosepass, Octillery, Parasect, Pelipper, Pidgeot, Piloswine, Plusle, Raticate, Relicanth, Roselia, Seaking, Seviper, Shuckle, Sneasel, Spinda, Sudowoodo, Sunflora, Swalot, Tangela, Togetic, Torkoal, Trapinch, Tropius, Unown, Venomoth, Volbeat, Wailord, Whiscash, Wigglytuff, Yanma

UU Pokemon (UnderUsed)
Absol, Aggron, Altaria, Ampharos, Arbok, Azumarill, Banette, Blastoise, Camerupt, Clefable, Cradily, Cubone, Dunsparce, Electabuzz, Electrode, Exploud, Fearow, Feraligatr, Girafarig, Gligar, Golduck, Golem, Gorebyss, Granbull, Grumpig, Hitmonlee, Hitmontop, Hypno, Kabutops, Kangaskhan, Lanturn, Lapras, Jynx, Linoone, Lunatone, Magmar, Manectric, Meganium, Misdreavus, Mr. Mime, Muk, Nidoking, Nidoqueen, Ninetales, Omastar, Persian, Pikachu, Pinsir, Politoed, Poliwrath, Primeape, Quagsire, Qwilfish, Raichu, Rapidash, Sableye, Sandslash, Scyther, Sharpedo, Shedinja, Shelgon, Shiftry, Slowking, Solrock, Stantler, Tentacruel, Victreebel, Vileplume, Walrein, Xatu

BL Pokemon (BorderLine)
Arcanine, Armaldo, Crobat, Hariyama, Houndoom, Jumpluff, Machamp, Magneton, Porygon2, Scizor, Slowbro, Steelix, Swellow, Typhlosion, Ursaring, Zangoose

OU Pokemon (OverUsed)
Aerodactyl, Alakazam, Articuno, Blaziken, Blissey, Breloom, Celebi, Chansey, Charizard, Claydol, Cloyster, Dodrio, Donphan, Dragonite, Dugtrio, Dusclops, Entei, Espeon, Exeggutor, Flygon, Forretress, Gardevoir, Gengar, Gyarados, Heracross, Jirachi, Jolteon, Kingdra, Ludicolo, Marowak, Medicham, Metagross, Milotic, Miltank, Moltres, Ninjask, Raikou, Regice, Regirock, Registeel, Rhydon, Salamence, Sceptile, Skarmory, Slaking, Smeargle, Snorlax, Starmie, Suicune, Swampert, Tauros, Tyranitar, Umbreon, Vaporeon, Venusaur, Weezing, Zapdos

Uber Pokemon (Ubers)
Deoxys,Deoxys-L, Deoxys-F, Deoxys-E, Groudon, Ho-oh, Kyorgre, Latias, Latios, Lugia, Mew, Mewtwo, Rayquaza, Wobbuffet, Wynaut

Pokemon Modifications
I am listing pokemon by their category in this tier list if they have been moved to a different tier. If an unevolved pokemon is listed on this tier list, it isn't counted as unevolved; it is counted at its tier. If it is not listed, then it is counted as unevolved. Feel free to debate on the movement of pokemon on the tiers or debate if you want to move more pokemon from one tier to another.
----

Ubers: Kyogre and Groudon are banned. Last year, the format was degenerate. Over half the players whose teams I saw had either a sunnybeam or a thunderdance team. That's still an option, but now there is no continuous weather. All other ubers are permitted.

Overused:
Miltank is moved to BL.
Dodrio is moved to BL.
Cloyster is moved to UU.
Articuno, Entei, and Registeel are moved to BL.
Umbreon is moved to BL.

Borderline:
Arcanine is moved to OU.
Hariyama is moved to UU.

Underused:
Cubone is moved to unevolved.
Arbok is moved to NU.
Rapidash is moved to NU.

Neverused:
Shuckle is moved to UU.
Sneasel is moved to UU.
Flareon is moved to UU.

Unevolved:
Haunter is moved to UU.
Kadabra is moved to UU.

Can you post a full list of "hax items"? Sorry if I missed it somewhere...

*edit* Also, I guess this means you can run a team all having leftovers?

I just realized this wasn't a D/P tourney, though, so I'm not in...

@ Mekkah: Until competitor gets released, advance is the only format in which we can do tournaments like this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)