Speed Creeps

The Speed Creeps

So it was a quiet day on IRC. Out of nowhere I asked, "Who wants to make an RU Team with me?" From the shadows of his realm of sanity rose Feranfell, who accepted my offer. As we journeyed to our PiratePad, we found that we were not alone upon our arrival. Our dear friends Dusk209, TheSilverShadow, and wiitle were there. When we told them that we were creating a brand new team, they eagerly jumped up and asked if they could assist us. Begrudgingly, I allowed them to aid. Through tireless minutes of thinking, consideration, arguing, and drinking variously flavored tequila drinks, we finally arrived at what we consider a dangerous offensive threat. Stall be afraid, we're about to speed creep you.

In-Depth Look

Gengantula @ Life Orb | Compoundeyes
Timid | 252 SpAtk / 252 Spe / 4 HP
Thunder / Bug Buzz / Giga Drain / Hidden Power [Fire]

People don't realize what this bad bitch can do. Arguably my favorite Pokemon next to Gengar (which is ironic because I have arachnophobia), Galvantula packs two things that every Electric-type wishes it could have. The first thing? Compoundeyes Thunder! That's a 91% chance to wreak electrical hell on the opponent, and it comes with a great chance for para too. The second thing is Galvy's great typing, which gives it good STABs that give him very good coverage over most of the tier when combined with Giga Drain. All of this combined makes it dangerous, and not even Ground-types are safe for this spider's rampage. Plus, Galvy is one of two special attackers on this whole team, so it's pretty useful to have. Plus, my god it's just so adorable.

Duskie @ Leftovers | Levitate
Calm | 252 HP / 4 SpAtk / 252 SpDef
Stealth Rock / Yawn / U-turn / Psychic

This is the result of us lacking Stealth Rock, status, and a Pokemon with enough speed to still fit on the team and keep momentum. Uxie does all the things we need it to, and it doesn't even need speed EVs to be fast enough to do all this. It has such great bulk that it can stomach attacks whilst it throws around some rocks or puts shit to sleep. When it needs to get out, it's got U-turn, and we can bring in some hellish fighters to back up all those things it just did. Psychic gives it a fighting chance should it be stuck as the last Pokemon.

fucking hell mate gg @ Normal Gem | Unburden
Adamant| 252 Atk / 252 Spe / 4 HP
Hi Jump Kick / Fake Out / Earthquake / Stone Edge

Honestly, this is a rather underrated set. The sheer power that Hitmonlee has is unbelievable; it doesn't even need to set up! Fake Out + Normal Gem hits harder than people expect, and if you don't resist it then you're going to get hurt. After the gem is gone, Hitmonlee gets the Unburden boost, which makes it so fast that you won't know how to get rid of it unless you have priority. It's almost always a guarenteed setup unless there's a ghost in the team because of the flinching affect. Hi Jump Kick annihilates, pure and simple. Nothing really wants to take a HJK unless they resist it or are immune to it. It's just too powerful, especially since it was just made for Hitmonlee. Earthquake and Stone Edge give us the flawless EdgeQuake combo, which helps us take down the likes of Nidoqueen, Qwilfish, Moltres, Typhlosion, and many others. Perhaps the only thing threatening to Hitmonlee is Gallade, but we have Sceptile for that one.

FeranGatr @ Life Orb | Torrent
Adamant | 252 Atk / 252 Spe / 4 HP
Dragon Dance / Waterfall / Crunch / Ice Punch

GOD DAMMIT GAMEFREAK GIVE US SHEER FORCE ;-; Anyway, Feragatr is evil once you get down to it. Sure, Swords Dance is just fucking evil when it comes to attack, but then Gatr is too slow to pull off attacks. Dragon Dance remedies this perfectly at the small sacrifice of less power (honestly it's enough to suffice). Now what are you going to do when Gatr charges at you faster than you were expecting and slams you into a wall? NOTHING, because you're going to die... Well, okay, that's a bit of an exaggeration, but you're still going to get hurt. Waterfall is the general STAB move and hits like a bamf. Crunch stops Ghost-types but honestly the only threatening one is Cofagrigus and he's getting bumped up to UU soon so we don't really use it that much. Ice Punch for Grass-types but again, most of the time we're just spamming Waterfall 99% of the time. The rest of the moves are honestly just filler.

Plexal @ Choice Specs | Blaze
Timid | 252 SpAtk / 252 Spe / 4 SpDef
Eruption / Focus Blast / Hidden Power [Grass] / Fire Blast

When we had finished the team originally, we only had one special attacker. That was bad, because that means physical walls were just hell to us. We also lacked a Fire-type, which made things just complicated because Sceptile was our only answer to Grass-types. That was a shaky check, though, because most Grass-types come with a Bug-type move. Our two choices were Magmortar or Typhlosion. Mag was slow as fuck, so Typhlosion it was. Specs Eruption is all it really needs to hurt things. Sadly, that gets checked by the annoying Stealth Rock. So we have Fire Blast as a handy backup which we actually use more than Eruption (we don't really lead with Typhlosion). Focus Blast is for Steel- and Rock-types, and HP Grass for Water-types. But honestly, HP Grass sucks to be locked in on. Really, Ty is the most replaceable member, but he's really the only fast, special-oriented Fire-type we can find.

wiitle leaves @ Flying Gem | Unburden
Adamant | 252 Atk / 252 Spe / 4 HP
Leaf Blade / Earthquake / Acrobatics / Rock Slide

Oh lawdy have sweet mercy. This guy. He's like the Grass-type Hitmonlee. He's so good at what he does that we didn't even need Swords Dance to help us out. Unburden + Flying Gem + Acrobatics is what makes this set so amazing. Just use Acrobatics on almost anything (once it KO'd a Nidoqueen; true story), get the speed boost, and start killing shit. Leaf Blade is the STAB move of choice, hits hard, etc. Earthquake is why Sceptile is so different from other Grass-types; no Steel-type is safe from this monster. and poison types will thing twice before they try to switch in. Rock Slide is good against Flying-types, and is the only way Sceptile can come out alive against Moltres. Honestly, Gem-users like this guy are very underrated in RU.

Threats

This team is composed mainly of sweepers, so they have exceptional coverage and therefor have very few checks. The biggest threat is Cofagrigus at the moment, but when the tier shifts happen, there's a big chance he's going up to UU so that's pretty much neutered (other Ghost-types in RU suck anyway so they aren't a problem). Another thing that's difficult to play around is Sucker Punch Absol. If Hitmonlee is down, that thing can wreak some serious havoc, which is the only bad thing about having exceptional attacking coverage. Other priority works too since this team is mostly offensive and they don't have great defenses. but Sucker Punch is probably the worse.

And that's the team! Any suggestions are appreciated, and Luvdisc's are appreciated more :hint: :hint:

Gengantula (Galvantula) (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Compoundeyes
EVs: 252 SpA / 252 Spe / 4 HP
Timid Nature
- Thunder
- Bug Buzz
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Duskie (Uxie) @ Leftovers
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SDef
Careful Nature
- Heal Bell
- Yawn
- U-Turn
- Stealth Rock

fucking hell mate gg (Hitmonlee) @ Normal Gem
Trait: Unburden
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe / 4 HP
Adamant Nature
- Hi Jump Kick
- Fake Out
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge

FeranGatr (Feraligatr) @ Life Orb
Trait: Torrent
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 HP
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Crunch
- Waterfall
- Ice Punch

Plexal (Typhlosion) @ Choice Specs
Trait: Blaze
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 SDef
Timid Nature
- Eruption
- Focus Blast
- Fire Blast
- Hidden Power [Grass]

wiitle leaves (Sceptile) @ Flying Gem
Trait: Unburden
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 HP
Adamant Nature
- Leaf Blade
- Earthquake
- Acrobatics
- Rock Slide

I think that your decision/idea to choose Psychic over Yawn is a valid one. Your team lacks a good means to hit fighting types, the likes of which are on almost every RU team, outside of Acrobatics and after your flying gem is used up or Sceptile is down you'd be in trouble. Other than that, I don't see any way to improve your team, unless you were to consider Moltres or Charizard (specs variant) over Typhlosion.

Ok, this is a decent team.

You have 5 pokemon I will refer to as "attackers" on this team (everything but uxie). 4/5 of them have main STAB moves resisted by druddigon. Physically defensive druddigon, or even CB druddigon will give this team problems. Although much less common, DD fraxure will give this team problems. Slowking will also be a bit problematic as you can only hit him really hard with sceptile, +2 feraligatr, orgalvantula. If they go down (which won't be that hard due to stealth rock weakness for galvantula) or if they are walled by another teammate (steelix for example) your whole team will crumble. Qwilfish is another thing that will probably be really annoying to you because you do not have psychic on uxie, he can haze feraligatr endlessly, and wall hitmonlee and sceptile, sort of. DD feraligatr is another underrated but dangerous threat that could rip your team to shreds. Hitmonlee is your only thing to take it on as well as yawn from uxie, which are easily dealt with by other team members. My solution to this is to use a Choice band escavalier over your current hitmonlee as it can deal with offensive tirck room cofagrigus, Dragon types, provide a check to DD feraligatr (although it is uncommon and feraligatr can check it sort of). Using psychic on uxie over heal bell will also be smart because you can hit qwilfish and opposing fighting types harder.

Sets:
Careful | 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpDef

Escavalier @ Leftovers | Swarm
Adamant | 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Spe
Megahorn / Iron Head / Pursuit / Return/Toxic/Knock Off

EDIT: I did not realize your feraligatr carried crunch, although I still recommend escavalier.

Hi Gengan + friends! Cool team you guys have created.

I really like Asterat's suggestion of Escavalier. While he is slow, he can deal with many common threats to your team that he already mentioned. Your team is clearly extremely offensive. So much so that i have one simple suggestion for you that will make your team even more threatening. Dual Screens Uxie. Dual Screens will enhance the Hyper Offensive nature of your team allowing most of your mons who are rather frail to tank more hits and have an easier time setting up. Uxie can still set up Stealth Rocks as well as U-Turn for momentum. It would be a great addition to your team's hyper offensive nature. Give it a try and im sure you'll like the change.

Set
Uxie @ Light Clay
Evs: 252 Hp / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
-Reflect
-Light Screen
-U-Turn
-Stealth Rock

Again, very cool offensive team you have here and good luck with it! Pm me if you have any questions! :D

Ok, this is a decent team.

You have 5 pokemon I will refer to as "attackers" on this team (everything but uxie). 4/5 of them have main STAB moves resisted by druddigon. Physically defensive druddigon, or even CB druddigon will give this team problems. Although much less common, DD fraxure will give this team problems. Slowking will also be a bit problematic as you can only hit him really hard with sceptile, +2 feraligatr, orgalvantula. If they go down (which won't be that hard due to stealth rock weakness for galvantula) or if they are walled by another teammate (steelix for example) your whole team will crumble. Qwilfish is another thing that will probably be really annoying to you because you do not have psychic on uxie, he can haze feraligatr endlessly, and wall hitmonlee and sceptile, sort of. DD feraligatr is another underrated but dangerous threat that could rip your team to shreds. Hitmonlee is your only thing to take it on as well as yawn from uxie, which are easily dealt with by other team members. My solution to this is to use a Choice band escavalier over your current hitmonlee as it can deal with offensive tirck room cofagrigus, Dragon types, provide a check to DD feraligatr (although it is uncommon and feraligatr can check it sort of). Using psychic on uxie over heal bell will also be smart because you can hit qwilfish and opposing fighting types harder.

Sets:
Careful | 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpDef

Escavalier @ Leftovers | Swarm
Adamant | 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Spe
Megahorn / Iron Head / Pursuit / Return/Toxic/Knock Off
I have already added Psychic onto Uxie, but I had it over Yawn instead of Heal Bell. I'll change that though. As for Escavalier... I don't know, I really don't like it. Hitmonlee does much better imo and I rarely have problems with Druddigon. Slowking is easily killed by Feraligatr's Crunch, and Qwilfish is taken care of by EQ from either Hitmonlee or Sceptile.

I really like Asterat's suggestion of Escavalier. While he is slow, he can deal with many common threats to your team that he already mentioned. Your team is clearly extremely offensive. So much so that i have one simple suggestion for you that will make your team even more threatening. Dual Screens Uxie. Dual Screens will enhance the Hyper Offensive nature of your team allowing most of your mons who are rather frail to tank more hits and have an easier time setting up. Uxie can still set up Stealth Rocks as well as U-Turn for momentum. It would be a great addition to your team's hyper offensive nature. Give it a try and im sure you'll like the change.

Set
Uxie @ Light Clay
Jolly Nature
-Reflect
-Light Screen
-U-Turn
-Stealth Rock

Again, very cool offensive team you have here and good luck with it! Pm me if you have any questions! :D
Thank you! Although Dual Screens would help, Uxie on this team isn't suited for it. It needs to be able to fight for itself since it will be useless.

Asterat, iirc, Galvy shouldn't have problems with rocks, he's lead iirc, so he wont have problems and he hits very hard :x nd thnx Gengy for making this, u are a good gengy :> *gives cookie*
You didn't read correctly then; Galvy isn't a lead unless there's a Ghost-type on the opposing team. So while asterat is correct in saying Galvantula has problem with rocks, it's not really a problem because a team without a spinner is obviously going to play carefully around entry hazards.

mkizzy

formerly kenny

Set
Uxie @ Light Clay
Jolly Nature
-Reflect
-Light Screen
-U-Turn
-Stealth Rock

Though Gengan may not like it, I kinda do. I'm going to use this on the team and see how it performs. Thank you and everyone else for the suggestions you've all made :P

Hi Gengan, this is a very nice team, I believe I have seen this on the ladder a few times although im not sure if it was you or not. Psychic on Uxie is definitely the right way to go, other than I don't see any changes that need to be made since this team handles most of the threats even more so now that Cofagrigus has left.

Overall a pretty solid team, Luvdisc'd.

WhiteDMist

Path>Goal
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
I have to say that you shouldn't dismiss Incon's suggestion so quickly without actually testing it out. Uxie isn't exactly an offensive threat anyways, so Dual Screens gives the rest of your team a big buffer in order to set up and smash your opponents with offensive pressure. Since you have 5 offensive Pokes anyways, it's not like you are depending on Uxie to provide offensive power (and U-turn already helps with momentum). I'm just saying give it a shot, you can always change back if it falls flat.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)