1. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.
  2. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!

Speed is fun - 'till it kills!

Discussion in 'Warstory Archive' started by Opposite Day, Mar 30, 2011.

1. Nonary Game

Nonary Game

Excellent formatting, good humor, and an interesting battle, even though the error that PK pointed out could have cost you the game. Overall was a very pleasant read, and that Haxorus rage pic made me laugh entirely too hard.

One other major error I noticed was how you initially handled Quagsire. I'm not entirely sure what you were aiming to achieve by swapping in something that Quagsire walls out, but it seems to have worked out in the end.

9/10, if only because of those two major errors.
  2. Ashenlock

Ashenlock

Very, very fun. This is maybe the first warstory I've thought "I am genuinely interested in hearing how he describes the next move." I've given stories 10/10 commentary for less than this. Are you sure English isn't your native language?

The formatting was also excellent, very clear and understandable without unnecessary pomp. I look forward to future works from you. Seriously, I think this made my day.
  3. Ada

Ada
    is a Tiering Contributor

This is... surprisingly good. Also, just to echo the sentiments of other users, I really liked the formatting. My favourite match-up was definitely Blaziken vs. Scizor (Who would've guessed, Tailwind!). The ending was nicely done too, good job :)
  4. Lone_Prodigy

Lone_Prodigy

Leaving your Scizor in on Blaziken was a gutsy move.

One comment about formatting: I'd like to see the number of remaining Pokemon after each KO.
  5. Pombo

Pombo

So far, the best 5th gen warstory, IMO. (sorry Vex =/)
    It's nice to see that the level of the warstories is getting higher and higher (:

keep it up, bro
  6. Potential

Potential

Yup, that was very excellent. More than anything else, it was really quite fun to read! That's not to say the battle was not great, though; it was a pretty cool match, and neither of you really seemed to have the win for the majority of the game, which makes for an interesting battle. It's also great to see unorthodox sets that actually work.

I look forward to reading more of your warstories, if it's as enjoyable for you to write them as it was to read this one.
  7. Opposite Day

Opposite Day

GRAH SO MANY COMMENTS

Really glad you enjoyed the read - I know I'm not the best battler out there by far, but even blind hens can find something slightly amusing on occasions :] And I cannot guarantee that I will post another warstory on here due to my fear of being torn apart from better battlers, but if I find something I deem good enough I'll try! Thanks again!

Thank you :] I know that some of it might not make sense (like not killing off Tar at the beginning, derp), but I tried to reflect my thought process as accurately as possible, and admittedly I do not always choose the best option. Regardless, I'm glad you liked it.

Thanks!

Glad to hear that you think so! :]

Thanks a lot! :]

Thanks! Hopefully you'll not regret reading other warstories in the future as well :]

I think you need to broaden your horizons a bit XD Regardless, thank you!

Thank you! And yes, I know, derp! I severely underestimated Mienshao's bulk (I've always thought of it as having the defenses of Sharpedo, really), but I really panicked and did what I thought was the best option at the time :x

Nothing like smashing through half a weather team with a Tailwind boosted Haxorus ;] Thanks!

Glad to hear it! Perhaps even the show will go on, one day.. ;]

Considering how the main thing keeping me from posting my warstories on smogon is mainly how I've feared you ripping me to shreds due to my misplays, I can safely say that that myth is busted on my behalf, so who knows, you might see more of me! Thanks for reading and commenting! :]

The english bit stays if it saves me from flaming :P Regardless, thank you for your kind words. :]

Never judge a book by its cover, eh? ;] Thanks for commenting and reading! :]

Thank you! :] O for orginality, right?

Thank you, it means a lot to me :] And hopefully we'll all get see the perfect battle posted on here as well (though probably not by me lol) ;]

Nothing like not playing Platinum, eh? ;] Thank you!

And here I worried about the warstory being too short for general standards :x Thanks for reading, hope you enjoyed it! :]

Yeah, I realized in hindsight that I underestimated Mienshao's bulk at the beginning >:<. Sadly I don't run calcs on every single move (which I probably should in situations like that, I agree. Derrrpp) Regardless, thanks a lot for enjoying it. I'm glad to hear that you managed to get past my mistakes, and I'm really thankful for you not slaughtering me :x Thanks for reading! :]

Trust me, as do I, though only some of them (the ones with tailwind are pretty cool ;]) Thank you!

Thanks a lot! :] The unique-ness should probably be credited to whoever did the Ho-oh Uber analysis (the name escapes me atm), where I saw that Tailwind got a boost this gen, so I figured that it was *just* useable enough to try out.

Comebacks are the most fun victories, aye? :] Thanks for reading and not slaughtering me as you probably could've done. It means a lot to me that you people are willing to read whatever I manage to write up, it really does.

Somehow I doubt that I'm able to top Vex XD Thanks for the kind compliment regardless! :]

Now, that is entirely too much :x Regardless, thanks a lot for reading! :]

Perhaps I should start posting in the "creative and GOOD movesets"? haha :p Regardless, thanks a lot. Nothing like beating Rotom-W with HP Fire because you Tailwind and U-Turn out of it EVERY time, for instance ;] Thanks for reading! :]

Hindsight is a bitch, I know XD Glad to see that someone else than me actually got a laugh out of the ragepic as well :] In regards to Quaggy, I went to Scizor mainly to avoid the potential Toxic, as I figured that with Scizor + SS + no recovery it would get worn down entirely too fast, hence why I tried to minimize the chances of it actually getting statused, as I was quite confident in it being able to maul the hell out of even a +1 Quagsire.
    Regardless, thanks for reading! :]

:] Makes me happy to know that you wanted to read my scribblings :] You guys are making MY day now with all your kind responses. seriously.

Similiar to the 'Cool Rain' warstory, eh? ;] Thanks a lot for reading!

I got a little hasty in posting it and forgot about it, but I will update it when I've got the time with a poke-counter, no worries. Thanks for reading! :]

Evolution is a sweet thing :] Thanks a lot! (though I disagree on being better than Vex lol)

@ All of you, I'm really grateful for your kind words (even though some did go slightly overboard with your praise lol) Thanks for reading and commenting, it means a lot to me, really.
  8. Blatreutka

Blatreutka

First of all, great job on the warstory. I found the battle really interesting. Yes, it wasn't perfect, but the fact that you didn't have a boring team kept my attention and you made some really great predictions and bold moves, which more than made up for any mistakes.

Also, that Haxorus / Quagsire bit was hilarious.
  9. Bombkirby

Bombkirby

I luved the Outrage part. XD
  10. Shnoogle

Shnoogle

Amazingly awesome =)

9/10
  11. bombiron

bombiron

12. Zebstrika

Zebstrika

Wow, that "My Scizor has a move I'm not going to tell you about but it actually matters" not only didn't look extremely annoying, but it actually did make me a bit frustrated because I wanted to know your secret move...But I do admit it made it more awesome when you actually pulled it off.
  13. TSPhoenix

TSPhoenix

Fantastic warstory, a good battle that where you never were sure who was going to win, lots of great plays and creative strategies.

Also if I'm not mistaken not a single crit. I don't know why we don't just get rid of the damn things already.

I liken doing calcs to using a dictionary in Scrabble, it takes ages, shows no skill on your part and is generally annoying to the opponent. I don't care if you do it occasionally, but how much damage a Bullet Punch is something you should get a feel for with experience, not run to a calculator for.
  14. Stathakis

Stathakis I hax people in real life
    is a Team Rater Alumnus

fuckin good warstory, my props to ya
  15. Pika25

Pika25

9.0 out of ten is very near perfect. I mean, who else would run Tailwind (on three Pokemon out of six, no less!) in a singles!? This war story is a very good candidate for the standard for future BW war stories, albeit by no means perfectly.
  16. Its_A_Random

Its_A_Random Returns true
    is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributor

I came into this thread wondering about all the Luvdiscs this warstory was getting. Now I see why. Basically, I'm echoing what everyone else has said. Excellent battle, excellent everything else. Despite a couple of minor errors, this is up there as one of the best warstories on Smogon, imo. Congratulations, you deserved it. 10/10 +1 Luvdisc.
  17. TM13IceBeam

TM13IceBeam

So I herd u liek Tailwind

A gimmick team that is actually great. The Haxorus pic was epic, and the Mienshao one--

*nosebleed*
    10/10

luvdisc'd
  18. min min

min min

fuckin' brilliant. 10/10
  19. Opposite Day

Opposite Day

Replying to this again (and I'm apologizing for bumping it) because now it is ACTUALLY UPDATED with what I'd like to call a POK√Č-COUNTER! ;] Hopefully it doesn't look too shabby.

Thank you! Really glad you liked it, especially the HaxSire part XD

You better! Thanks! :]

Thank you! :]

(b'-')b

Next time on unorthodox ways of killing off Blaziken, FEINT SCIZOR! jkjk
    Thanks for reading! :]

I'm glad you enjoyed it! :]

Props to you too for reading! :]

I know, soso gimmicky XD Not complaining about the results though, and I love catching my opponents off guard. Thanks for reading! :]

Really glad you think so! :] Hopefully I'll improve as a battler/find another decent battle eventually so that I can proceed to entertain you guys some more.

FURFAG

OUT OF MY WARSTORY

(seriously though, do you have any idea how hard it is to find a decent Mienshao pic that isn't about human penises and how it endorses them? jeeez)

And thanks for reading XD

Jolly good, ol' chap. Glad you liked it :]

and in case you missed the statement above;
    THIS WARSTORY IS NOW UPDATED WITH A KO-COUNTER OR WHATEVER IT IS CALLED.

enjoy!
  20. Splendiferous

Splendiferous

I enjoyed it. Great way of dealing with Blaziken, so why was it banished to ubers again?
  21. xMistyx

xMistyx

Thank You for taking the time to write this.
  22. Citizen

Citizen

Is it wrong that this thread gave me a boner
  23. AngryHan

AngryHan

Very nice read :)
  24. Rackham

Rackham

Sigged
  25. TM13IceBeam

TM13IceBeam

I feel like sigging that XD

although you could have used the generic Mienshao art from Bulbapedia. :/

(waits for the next warstory where the MVP is a Gardevoir)

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)