Speed is fun - 'till it kills!

Just a heads up, it's not in my nature to give a perfect score. Moving on.

This was easily one of the nicest warstorys ive read. Well formatted, easy to follow, sprites and percentages made it that much better and it was a good battle with great commentary and the various pictures like the Haxorus Fuuuu comment added a nice touch of humour. 9/10.

I feel like sigging that XD

although you could have used the generic Mienshao art from Bulbapedia. :/

(waits for the next warstory where the MVP is a Gardevoir)
Disappointing

...unlike this warstory. Fucking good, will Luvdisc this masterpiece. Simple formatting, a good battle... There were mistakes but still this is some good stuff. And your English is definitely a whole lot better than some native speakers I see on the Internet. :)

I like to think I'm unique in that I don't really care about misplays in a battle as long as there is a great commentary. I think this commentary not only explained your decisions and what you were planning to do so that we can follow your train of thought in the heat of the moment, but was also amusing and very well written. The format was very simple, but easy to follow and pleasing to the eye. Overall 10/10, one of my favorite warstories this gen.

Excellent warstory, really helped me actually. I had trouble creating a team I could like using after Smogon banned Blaziken, my previous team just didn't do it for me, and I tried several others and it still felt wrong. Reading your warstory showed me how awesome Tailwind can potentially be and enlightened me to the damage output of CB Haxorus Outrages. I've won many a game now on PO with a Tailwind boosted Haxorus.

excellent warstory. you kept me entertained throughout, the format was very nice aesthetically and the battle was very good. 9/10.

Fireburn

BARN ALL
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Excellent fight, with very good commentary. Some questionable plays but the epic comeback at the end was worth it.

9.5/10 :)

This was satisfying, seeing lesser-used Pokémon taking down some of the top threats.

Just a note, though: it's Tornadus, not Tornadrus.

This was satisfying, seeing lesser-used Pokémon taking down some of the top threats.

Just a note, though: it's Tornadus, not Tornadrus.
Whooops! At the time of this battle I had yet to update my PO Client, so I just swapped out every japanese name with the proper english ones manually - and forgot about that one not being spelled that way. Regardless, that is now fixed.

I enjoyed it. Great way of dealing with Blaziken, so why was it banished to ubers again?
I believe that if everyone started running Tailwind on their team to counter Blaziken it would be a bit centralizing, don't you think? :P Regardless, glad you liked it. :]

Thank You for taking the time to write this.
Thank you for taking your time to read and comment on it.

Is it wrong that this thread gave me a boner
That depends entirely on what part of the thread gave you a boner - we do not want another "Ice Beam" to be fired off in this thread.

Very nice read :)
Thanks! :]

I feel like sigging that XD

although you could have used the generic Mienshao art from Bulbapedia. :/

(waits for the next warstory where the MVP is a Gardevoir)
I could, but that would make for more board readers, don't you think?
And just you wait, TrickTraceVoir will probably become the MVP eventually for someone..

Just a heads up, it's not in my nature to give a perfect score. Moving on.

This was easily one of the nicest warstorys ive read. Well formatted, easy to follow, sprites and percentages made it that much better and it was a good battle with great commentary and the various pictures like the Haxorus Fuuuu comment added a nice touch of humour. 9/10.
Glad you liked it! Thanks! :]

Disappointing

...unlike this warstory. Fucking good, will Luvdisc this masterpiece. Simple formatting, a good battle... There were mistakes but still this is some good stuff. And your English is definitely a whole lot better than some native speakers I see on the Internet. :)
I'd luvdisc all of your comments if such a feature existed. Glad you enjoyed it - and thanks, I guess XD

I don't like you.

jk, 10/10. great warstory.
Understandable, I can be a bitch at times, especially to my neighbouring countries. In regards of the warstory.. thanks! XD

I like to think I'm unique in that I don't really care about misplays in a battle as long as there is a great commentary. I think this commentary not only explained your decisions and what you were planning to do so that we can follow your train of thought in the heat of the moment, but was also amusing and very well written. The format was very simple, but easy to follow and pleasing to the eye. Overall 10/10, one of my favorite warstories this gen.
:] Thank you! Commenting soso fun

Excellent warstory, really helped me actually. I had trouble creating a team I could like using after Smogon banned Blaziken, my previous team just didn't do it for me, and I tried several others and it still felt wrong. Reading your warstory showed me how awesome Tailwind can potentially be and enlightened me to the damage output of CB Haxorus Outrages. I've won many a game now on PO with a Tailwind boosted Haxorus.
Hahaha. That is awesome XD (now just watch Tailwind become a standard on Scizor!)

lol. i like the name dj landlos. Made my day.
You should check out the smogcast then, always makes my day ;]

excellent warstory. you kept me entertained throughout, the format was very nice aesthetically and the battle was very good. 9/10.
Thanks! Glad you let me entertain you! :]

Excellent fight, with very good commentary. Some questionable plays but the epic comeback at the end was worth it.

9.5/10 :)
Glad you think so! Thanks for reading! :]

Again, this is now updated for (hopefully) the last time. Thanks for reading, all of you - I cannot guarantee that I will ever post a warstory with such a gimmicky team again, but if I get a good enough battle I'll see what I can do in order to make it worth your time. Have a good day!

Fantastic warstory, good commentary, nice battle. More please!

Btw, am I the only one who thinks the movement Tornadus makes with its 'tail' is... Weird?

Lately, every time I read a warstory, when I'm done I'm all like "wow, can I have the last 10 minutes of my life back."

HOWEVER, this was not the case here! ;D

I thoroughly enjoyed reading this, I thought it was really well done.

FORMAT:
This was absolutely wonderful, I wish everyone formatted theirs like this. Sprites, percentages, smaller font where appropriate, etc. The whole package. 10/10
BATTLE: Definitely an entertaining battle for the first part, but some weird mistakes kind of threw me. I don't know why Mienshao would ever switch out of Tyranitar, but I think that was mentioned in another comment. A couple other small misplays, but whatever, I don't feel it took too much away from the story. 8/10
COMMENTS: For someone claiming English isn't their first language, you write very well. I had no problems understanding any of it, and your comments were all very detailed, well thought out, and even humorous at times. If you were to write another warstory, I would certainly read it. 10/10
OVERALL: 28/30 = 9.3/10

Again, amazing read, thanks for renewing my faith in warstories. =)

Great warstory, definitely one of the best I've read this generation. I also liked your team and would appreciate some deeper info about it if you feel like it. Anyway congratulations, expecting more of the same in the future.

one of the best warstories ever
(sorry vex) naw jk, vex is the best:toast:
keep them coming
1000000000000000000000000000000000000000/10

Fun to read. Loads of personality. Some close calls and interesting tactics. I really enjoyed some of the extraneous, but hilarious, pictures. You will hear plenty of cries for "MOAR" I'm sure. /luv

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)