Speedrunning

No, they're still uncompromising. I just have a ridiculous amount of free time during the summer.

houndoomsday there are better ways to passive-aggressively insult me than liking every post that insults me, just sayin
what else did i like? i honestly wasnt trying to make a statement or anything, i just thought it was funny...

i apologize for any perceived slight, it wasnt intentional!

If anyone wants to do a low turncount run (preferably w/ drafted units) of Fire Emblem 6,7,8,9 or 13 hit me up. I have a week before class starts up and would like to get something quick in before that.

Ampharos

tag walls, punch fascists
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
Apologies for the massive necropost, but we're reviving this! Friday at 8:30 PM EST (ish), we'll be racing Metroid Prime for the Gamecube, and likely be skyping while doing so. Head on down to #speedrunraces if you're interested.

Possible future games include Super Mario Galaxy, Super Meat Boy, and the always-popular Super Mario Sunshine and Luigi's Mansion.

verbatim

[PLACEHOLDER]
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderatoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
I do IL (individual level) runs in Sonic Generations' modern stages (with skills). If anyone would like to put up times I love getting challenged.

Enclosed are my times, with the one's I'm most proud of in bold.
Green Hill: 1:49.07
Chemical Plant: 1:50.95
Sky Sanctuary: 1:36.80
Speed Highway: 1:47.42
City Escape: 2:17.10
Seaside Hill: 1:53.36
Crisis City: 1:50.64
Rooftop Run: 2:21.71
Planet Wisp: 4:01.91

Last edited:

Bass

Brother in arms
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnus
10:25:37

I was slower because I was too careful... I didn't die and ended up having 160 missiles, which was probably too many. Also, I now have a terrible tremor in my hands.

Last edited:
Reactions: moi

Beta.

Ruff Ruff amirite?
I run Pac Man World 2 (lol) SSBB all events easy and some spyro, yet my disc broke, so not that anymore.

My times are kinda respectable.... I guess, there are still some skips and tricks I need to work on. And for Pac Man World 2, I need to work on the lava levels. yet my times are:
Pac: 59:14:06
SSBB: 46:03:07
P god for not practicing it indefinitely. there are over 14 minutes of improvement for both, yet I just love how much I can get better in how I run. It brings me joy. Am I the only person in the world to run these games? Are there others? Yet I'd be down for running SMG1. The lumas man, so adorable for them to explode so I can travel to planets.

I got a Fire Emblem Awakening under 50 min run, not really great but its alright I guess. Then there are the typical sub 3 hour Pokemon 1st Gen stuff. Along with Bayonetta sub 2 hour as well. I do a lot of blind races more than actual trying though, I might actually try to improve times every now and then but nto now

EDIT: Bayonetta and Pokemon are the only games I actually tryhard in (Bayonetta is segmented, for example)

Last edited:
I had the world record for a level on Hitman: Silent Assassin years back (2006 maybe?). Until I posted the video, then an actual Hitman speedrunner took my strategy and beat it :/

Focus

Ubers Tester Extraordinaire
I run Pac Man World 2 (lol) SSBB all events easy and some spyro, yet my disc broke, so not that anymore.

My times are kinda respectable.... I guess, there are still some skips and tricks I need to work on. And for Pac Man World 2, I need to work on the lava levels. yet my times are:
Pac: 59:14:06
SSBB: 46:03:07
P god for not practicing it indefinitely. there are over 14 minutes of improvement for both, yet I just love how much I can get better in how I run. It brings me joy. Am I the only person in the world to run these games? Are there others? Yet I'd be down for running SMG1. The lumas man, so adorable for them to explode so I can travel to planets.
I haven't tried speedrunning Pac Man World 2 in one go, but I beat all the times in time trials at least. Magma Opus can smd. Who knows, maybe I'll give a speedrun of that game a shot. Now to get a capture card...

Beta.

Ruff Ruff amirite?
Magma Opus can smd.
Dude..... Have you heard of the magma Opus and Volcanic Panic skip? they are the bane of my existence, I'll find a link later. Yet if you are going to try and speedrun it, here are some tips.
  • Rev rolling at edges and angles will get you boosts, sometimes ones that were unintentional
  • World 4 is the hardest, World 5 is the longest (I counted it, auto-scroller, over 13:22 all together, excluding the boss, which is less mind numbing than the other 3, and actually difficult), and World 2 is easily the best
  • Lastly, some of the routes in the game are up to your choice. Ice River Run, Haunted Boardwalk to name two. It only requires you to beat the level on a fixed path, and it can be fun to challenge yourself to do better

If Walrein can't do SMG, would people be up for trying a smaller 70 Stars (SM 64)?

Last edited:

Mr. Uncompetitive

What makes us human?
is a Contributor Alumnus
Anyone here do Kirby Canvas Curse? I've been working on some (albeit fairly casual) runs of the game, but doing that game deathless is fucking insane. Still insanely fun, especially seeing improvement with every run.

PB (I did take breaks throughout but Sleep Mode/Pausing stops the in-game timer and it was done in one shot regardless) is a 1:19 with 5 deaths, with WR (as far as I know) being 1:09 with 1 death. Not too too bad I guess.

Focus

Ubers Tester Extraordinaire
Dude..... Have you heard of the magma Opus and Volcanic Panic skip? they are the bane of my existence, I'll find a link later. Yet if you are going to try and speedrun it, here are some tips.
  • Rev rolling at edges and angles will get you boosts, sometimes ones that were unintentional
  • World 4 is the hardest, World 5 is the longest (I counted it, auto-scroller, over 13:22 all together, excluding the boss, which is less mind numbing than the other 3, and actually difficult), and World 2 is easily the best
  • Lastly, some of the routes in the game are up to your choice. Ice River Run, Haunted Boardwalk to name two. It only requires you to beat the level on a fixed path, and it can be fun to challenge yourself to do better
I already knew about that Magma Opus skip, but not the Volcanic Panic one. I'll look into it.

Edit: Holy moley, that's a nice little skip!

Last edited:

Mia Wallace

Banned deucer.
Anyone here do Kirby Canvas Curse? I've been working on some (albeit fairly casual) runs of the game, but doing that game deathless is fucking insane. Still insanely fun, especially seeing improvement with every run.

PB (I did take breaks throughout but Sleep Mode/Pausing stops the in-game timer and it was done in one shot regardless) is a 1:19 with 5 deaths, with WR (as far as I know) being 1:09 with 1 death. Not too too bad I guess.
My first run of Dark Souls 2 was unintentionally Deathless. Wasn't really a speedy run, but was in fact deathless, didn't realize it till I got the rind for finishing a playthrough without dying, lol.

So two games that we should definitely try scheduling time in at some point over the next little bit: Banjo Kazooie and Super Mario Galaxy. Banjo is available for download on Xbox 360 in case you don't have access to the N64 version, and I think is the game to try and organise first? I'll be out of town this weekend but next weekend would be a good time to try and schedule it in.

Also, PB'd Super Meat Boy, got my time down to 23:00 (video here: http://www.twitch.tv/goooouuuuddddge/c/4631577 - lost 15 seconds because I exited the game by accident, oops). If only I could get sub 1:30:00 on Super Mario Sunshine..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)