1. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Spikes, Rocks and Sweepers

Discussion in 'BW Other Teams' started by senilesandwitch, Jan 22, 2012.

1. senilesandwitch

senilesandwitch

This is my first RU RMT. I threw up a team but I test the team on the Smogon PO server and came up with this team. I decided to do this tier just to use Crawdaunt (which I never used yet and rejected).
    Teambuilding:
    [​IMG]
    I decided hmm… what do I want to centre my team around??? Crawdaunt!! The often obscure Pokemon. Thanks to Adaptability and Dragon Dance, it’s actually doable.
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    A defensive synergy was important, so I used Ferroseed because it has amazing typing, ridiculous defense thanks to Eviolite and has Spikes, T-Wave and other fun stuff.[/FONT]
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    Claydol was actually thought after I put Ferroseed on my team. Overall good synergy with Ferroseed and can use SR so Ferroseed can forgo it, spins effectively and covers the seed’s Fight weakness.[/FONT]
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    With SR cleared, Moltres was a safe bet, the LO set rips stuff apart, takes the bug and grass weaknesses and tear holes through teams. A more reliable source of pain compared to Crawdaunt.
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    Spinblockers will troll to keep their hazards around, so Spiritomb goes 2 in 1 as a Spinblocker and trapper. Frailer Ghost will be crushed by either Shadow Sneak or Pursuit while bulky utilities are screwed by Trick.[/FONT]

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    Rounding out the set is Gallade who has fighting STAB to clear pesky rock and steels as well as normal trolls like Munchlax and Clefable. Switch on a weak or resisted attack and set up and then crush the foe.
    I discovered a big Honchkrow weakness so I threw out Crawdaunt for something that could stop Honchcrow which is CB Aggron. This guy takes and resists the attacks of the Moxie set (which is usually the most dangerous set) and crushes him with CB Head Smash.[/FONT]
    Finally, when I got around to testing, I realized I needed I way to stop Sharpedo because it plowed through my whole team. I then replaced Gallade with SubPunch Poliwrath, seeing as a good check to Sharpedo, maybe set up subs and even maybe Bulk Up and then fire off Focus Punch.
    I then revised my set to replace CB Spiritomb with a CM set which can trample over teams with a few CMs. It gave Spiritomb recovery in the form of Rest and I gained a much needed Sleep Absorber
    1. Claydol @ Leftovers
    Ability: Levitate[/FONT]
    Nature: Bold[/FONT]
    EVs: 252 HP/ 252 Def/ 4 SpD
    [​IMG]
    Rapid Spin
    Toxic
    Earth Power
    Stealth Rock
    I’ll usually lead with it because it can set SR and then spin away opposing hazards. After SR I’ll spin, spam Earth Power or use Toxic depending on the situation. Since it has no recovery outside of Lefties, Ferroseed’s Leech Seed comes in handy.
    2. Moltres @ Life Orb
    Ability: Pressure
    Nature: Timid
    EVs: 4 Def/ 252 SpA/ 252 Spd
    [​IMG]
    Fire Blast
    Air Slash
    Roost
    Hidden Power [Grass]
    Not much in the RU can take more than two unresisted Fire Blasts. Once SR is gone, Moltres can freely switch into weak moves and softens the rest of the team, Fire Blast and Air Slash is STAB while HP Grass takes out Rock, Ground and Water types that resist its moves. Roost keeps Moltres healthy to attack again spamming Fire Blasts. It resists bug, grass and fighting which hits supper effective for Claydol and Ferroseed respectively
    3. Ferroseed @ Eviolite
    Ability: Iron Barbs
    Nature: Impish
    [​IMG]
    Gyro Ball
    Leech Seed
    Thunder Wave
    Spikes
    A good defensive wall that uses Leech Seed as recovery, cripples sweepers on the switch and can set Spikes for residual damage. Gyro Ball pretty much prevents Ferroseed from being completely ruined by Taunt though at 50 Attack Base, it won’t do much.
    4. Aggron @ Choice Band
    Ability: Rock Head
    Nature: Adamant
    EVs: 252 Atk/ 4 Def/ 252 Spd
    [​IMG]
    Head Smash
    Heavy Slam
    Earthquake
    Ice Punch
    Rock Head Head Smash, please! It hurts so much that only bulky resists like Sandslash and Claydol can switch in to it. Heavy Slam is an alternate STAB that still gets high base stat thanks to Aggron’s weight. EQ works well with Head Smash as coverage while Ice Punch hits Grounds (especially Gligar) on the switch. Easy to use and my only answer to Honchcrow.
    5. Spiritomb @ Leftovers
    Ability: Pressure
    Nature: Bold

[​IMG]
    Rest
    Sleep Talk
    Calm Mind
    Dark Pulse
    This set is meant to switch in and set up CMs until my opponent can’t counter. I changed to this set so I’d have a Sleep Absorber around to take Sleep Powders and such. Rest is recovery from both damage and status. Sleep Talk is pretty for taking sleep moves and lets Spiritomb do something while sleeping. CM and Dark Pulse are self explainitory. It also tricks bulky ghosts into Will-o-wisping while I set CM
    6. Poliwrath @ Leftovers
    Ability: Water Absorb
    Nature: Adamant
    EVs: 132 HP/ 252 Atk/ 124 Spd
    [​IMG]
    Bulk Up
    Focus Punch
    Waterfall
    Substitute
    Switch on Water or resist attacks and set up sub. After that depending on the situation, either of the other three moves. Mostly, I’ll just spam Focus Punch. Waterfall hits those who resist or is immune to Focus Punch and finally Bulk Up works if I face some one who can’t break through Poliwrath’s subs and Bulk Up makes it harder to break its subs.

Weaknesses
    [​IMG]
    Hitmonchan seems to be able to hit me with type coverage moves and kill most of my team. If I lost Spiritomb or it gets CH on Spiritomb I’m done especially if it’s a Scarf Set.[/FONT]
    [​IMG][​IMG]Moltres and other Fire Special attackers like Charizard can come in only fearing T-wave, Waterfall under Substitute or if Spiritomb gained multiple CMs. Stealth Rock does keep them from switching a lot.
    [​IMG]
    Kadabra’s an ass and a half if Spiritomb’s done.

I haven’t spent too much time testing this team so I’d appreciate some feedback.[/FONT]
  2. ChaoticaMortis

ChaoticaMortis

For the love of God, fix the formatting issues with this before it gets locked.

EDIT: Posting some of the rules for you, because obviously you haven't read them.

3. Have some actual words in your post beyond your six Pokemon and their moves. Not following this makes your post quite boring to read and rate. All Pokemon should have a good reason for being in your team anyway, so why not post that reason? If you are having trouble with this one, start by giving an explanation for each team member. Why are they there? What role do they serve? How do you get them in? Then, give an explanation of how you would open with the team and how you would go about using it. All of these things help people rate your team and allow us to offer more helpful advice.

This does not mean add one sentence saying "Standard x" or "all-around awesome" after each Pokemon. If you put thought into making the team, you can put thought into posting it.

6. Formatting. Make your post readable. If the format is messy and illegible you will not be likely to receive help and may have your thread locked. Adding pictures to your post can make it more visually appealing too, but pay attention to rule 11. Here is a guideline on how to post each Pokemon.

Pokemon @ Item
    Ability:
    EVs:
    Nature:
    - move
    - move
    - move
    - move

*Detailed description of the Pokemon's purpose to the team*

This is not set in stone, but the above example or a slight variation thereof makes for a much "cleaner" post.

Alternately, you can use Shoddy's/PO's "Export to Text" feature under Tools/File, which gives you a simple, clean format similar to the one above with all the information already filled in for you. Again, though, make sure to add descriptions of each Pokemon.

13. You are only permitted to have one active RMT thread open at any given time. Don't post a new team every 2 weeks, wait some time before posting another RMT.

16. Play with your team before putting it up for rate. We as a community cannot emphasize this enough. No one wants to rate the team that you freshly created while eating breakfast or the gimmick you randomly put together. We as a community want teams that have been battle tested so that the obvious flaws have been hammered out.
  3. The Goddamn Batman

The Goddamn Batman

Lol my thoughts exactly.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)