SPL 7: UU Discussion Thread

Hogg

grubbing in the ashes
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
The shake-ups continue: the Ruiners and Falcons are fielding PttP and Tesung respectively this week. Very interested to see how this turns out - Tesung in particular is an incredibly talented player but I've never seen him play UU before, and he'll be up against dodmen this week.

r0ady

People like to invent monsters and monstrosities
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
ORAS UU: PttP vs bugzinator - another case of idk who this player is so im just gonna predict against him
ORAS UU: dodmen vs Tesung - tesung is solid no matter the tier but i think dods got this
ORAS UU: teal6 vs Calloflochie - bro thats teal6...
ORAS UU: Hikari vs xMarth - gonna be a really good one but i feel like hikari has proven how good he is at preparing so gonna give it to him
ORAS UU: Omfuga vs kokoloko - admittedly had to eat my words about koko as hes been on fire this spl

since people who actually care about uu would come here i figured id drop the playlist to all the games ive recorded.
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLdVL24zlypHhsYV6Qyw72d9pdiNarBNAP

gotten most of them after week 1 and have disenchanted v lochie in my comp waiting to be uploaded

Going to empoleon on that arcanine looked odd to me

???

Also a few people have asked why I didn't RD on the Arcanine at the end. That wasn't a misplay, a crit CC + crit Espeed took Swampert out. If I didn't kill Arcanine but still lost my Swampert, I would lose the match, whereas if I killed Arcanine and lost Pert to Cobalion I could still win potentially with Sableye

ryo yamada2001

ryo yamada2001
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Hi guys! I am new here on the UU forums but I thought I'd start out with making a nice contribution :]]
I am personally really hyped about the SPL and I really like seeing the UU matches. I also really like seeing some stats but I feel like the usage stats aren't really showing accurate stuff. I am much more interested in the teams so I made a list of all teams used in the SPL in UU:

If there's an L in front of the team it implies that the team had lost.
If there's a W in front of the team it implies that the team had won.
http://puu.sh/mKtqC/83e41b387a.txt

However, if you are more interested in seeing it visually I have made a list of teams including sprites as well. I will keep this updated with all the UU SPL teams, used in the future as well! I hope you enjoy, if you have any suggestions I'd appreciate hearing it n__n
W |

L |

W |

L |

L |

W |

L |

W |

W |

L |
W |

L |

L |

W |

W |

L |

L |

W |

W |

L |
[.
W |

L |

W |

L |

w |

L |

W |

L |

W |

L |

I found a few things interesting about these stats that I would like to share.

Best:
| 5 | Krookodile | 7 | 23.33% | 71.43% |
| 5 | Whimsicott | 7 | 23.33% | 71.43% |
| 12 | Beedrill | 4 | 13.33% | 100.0% |
| 18 | Gyarados | 3 | 10.00% | 100.0% |
| 18 | Snorlax | 3 | 10.00% | 100.0% |

Beedrill: This is surprising because if you look at the match ups, Beedrill has had some bad ones. We have teams where there is a Forretress and an Aero, Cobalion and an Aero, and a Mega Camerupt and Brongzong. I mean it really is surprising that Beedrill can go undefeated in the types of match ups it has had.
Gyarados: It is pretty anti old meta and the new meta is still adapting to it. With all the Cobalion running around, it doesnt surprise me.
Snorlax: This is another surprsing one. Snorlax has had three match ups. Two of them were against sableyes and the other was against dou fighting with infernape and hera. If you look at the top usage, you'll see that snorlax generally doesnt match up well against any of them. I'll have to check out the games and see these sets. I know one was chesto berry. They must be acting as some lure because I don't the curse set preforming too well in SPL meta.

Worst:
| 7 | Aerodactyl | 6 | 20.00% | 16.67% |
| 18 | Infernape | 3 | 10.00% | 0.00% |
| 18 | Shaymin | 3 | 10.00% | 0.00% |

Aerodactyl: Doesnt really get to shine too well. Emp, Cobe, Swamp, and Krook are storming top usage. Maybe some sort of Aquatail EQ honeclaws variant would work well.
Infernape: Mostly screwed by bad match ups tbh.
Shaymin: Two bad match ups and one really good one. This makes really curious to watch how certain games went down.

Shoutouts to meloetta for the match ups.

Last edited:
I made a Reference Sheet in the future for dissecting SPL match ups. I'll leave it here if anyone else wants to use it.
Week 1:
Omfuga |
Win
Replay 24 turns​
Mazar |
Loss

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
teal6 |
Win
xMarth |
Loss

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
dice |
Loss
Replay 29 Turns​
Calloflochie |
Win

dodmen |
Loss
Replay 27 Turns​
Hikari |
Win

bugzinator |
Win
Replay 34 Turns​
kokoloko |
Loss

Week 2:
Omfuga |
Win
Replay 38 turns​
bugzinator |
Loss

Calloflochie |
Loss
Replay 36 turns​
dodmen |
Win

kokoloko |
Win
Replay 35 turns​
Hikari |
Loss

dice |
Loss
Replay 30 turns​
teal6 |
Win

xMarth |
Win
Replay 42 turns​
Mazar |
Loss

Week 3:
kokoloko |
Win
Replay 21 turns​
dodmen |
Loss

teal6 |
Win
Replay 18 turns​
Omfuga |
Loss

xMarth |
Win
Replay 32 turns​
Leftiez |
Loss

Calloflochie |
Win
Replay 71 turns​
Disenchanted |
Loss

bugzinator |
Win
Replay 33 turns​
Hikari |
Loss

Dad's Dad

Banned deucer.
ORAS UU: PttP vs bugzinator - Who?? vs Who?
ORAS UU: dodmen vs Tesung - Who's the other guy lol
ORAS UU: teal6 vs Calloflochie - Haxed xMarth, haxed Dice, defeated King Omfuga,,, theres no way this kangaroo is gonna win vs hax god teal6
ORAS UU: Hikari vs xMarth - that's xMarth bro..
ORAS UU: Omfuga vs kokoloko - Omfuga vs a washed up former tier leader,, i think we already know the result.

Finchinator

-OUTL
is a Tournament Directoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Championis the defending OU Circuit Championis a Two-Time Former Old Generation Tournament Circuit Champion
OU Leader
ORAS UU: PttP vs bugzinator - Who?? vs Who?
ORAS UU: dodmen vs Tesung - Who's the other guy lol
Yea man, why do they let all these nobodies play uu? Was looking forward to an epic King UU-Christo clash this SPL

And to provide some insight on the actual tier in SPL so far, I find an interesting mix of teamstyles so far with a lot of offense being used and then there being a fair amount of balance and 1-2 odd-balls with stall or random whacky stuff (mainly Disenchanted stall or Fuga and his blissey offense last week). I feel like this is a testament to the current metagame to some extent, but also players branching out their playstyles and attempting to prepare for their opponents, which is good to see. Looking forward to more games, especially Koko vs Omfuga!_!

Last edited:

kokoloko

what matters is our plan!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
yeah there as a misunderstanding about my sub sorry for the confusion.

gg fuga, this'll be your last loss this spl brother.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)