Splash City: Gen 5 OU RMT (1800+)

Overview

Hey y'all, this is kwan, and I wanted to know what you guys thought of my team and how it could be improved. As of this writing my record with this team has been 35-6, but it's tough to say how good of a measure that is since I don't really know how good my opponents are, and I've definitely gotten away with some lucky wins or bad decisions by opponents.

The team is a offensively-oriented rain team, with Starmie and Scizor being the primary forms of offense. Politoed is obviously there to set up rain. These 3 make up my core, and the other 3 have been shuffled around in the past, and for now I've settled with this.

The Team

Greg Popovich

Politoed @ Choice Specs
Ability: Drizzle
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Modest Nature
- Surf
- Ice Beam
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Psychic

Pretty standard Specs Politoed. Specs Surf + rain deals surprisingly massive damage. Usually I'll lead with this guy just to set up rain, even if the enemy has other weathers e.g. Tyranitar, Ninetales, etc. Surf is really the only move I use. Ice beam is more of a desperation move against dragons when I'm out of options. HP Grass is meant for Jellicent and Gastrodon. Side comment: I frekin love leading with Poli when they have a Gastrodon, then use HP Grass off the bat since I find opponents like switching to Gastrodon, resulting in a OHKO and a huge pain out of my way. Psychic is also for Toxicroak expecting a Surf but instead also getting a 4x super-effective OHKO.

Kobe Bryant

Starmie @ Leftovers
Ability: Analytic
Timid Nature
- Surf
- Ice Beam
- Thunder
- Psyshock

NO RAPID SPIN?? Yes, I know, blasphemous, but I've had a tough time giving up moveslots, so for now I'm running 4 offensive moves. Surf (or Hydro Pump, but I like reliability) is mandatory in rain, Ice Beam OHKOs Breloom and Salamence, Thunder 2HKOs Jellicent if I get an Analytic boost, and Psyshock really eases prediction. Example: Psyshock OHKOs Breloom also, but can still hurt Chansey, Gastrodon, Jellicent, or any Water Absorber on the switch. It'll also kill Dragonite's Multiscale and put him in OHKO range with Ice Beam. This is also all without Life Orb. I used to run Life Orb, but I decided I preferred Starmie's longevity more. Even without Life Orb, Starmie is pretty good at cleaning up weakened teams without priority. Usually, if the game is late enough, Starmie can clean up the entire team, unless someone like Jolteon or Sucker Punchers are still out there. I used to have Rapid Spin, but I've found taking a turn to spin away hazards often results in Starmie's death via Pursuit or something, whereas a Surf on the switch could result in a 2HKO and keep momentum without having to switch.

Kyrie Irving

Breloom @ Life Orb
Ability: Technician
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Bullet Seed
- Low Sweep
- Mach Punch
- Spore

Standard hyper-offensive Breloom. EV Spread is pretty self-explanatory. Great revenge-killer, but also decent lead with Low Sweep to ease prediction and score a Speed reduction unless they switch in a Ghost type. This guy usually doesn't come in until late, but he's great for destroying Ferrothorn and any other Dark-types. Unfortunately, coverage is not so great, but Spore is always helpful. He also happens to be my only member with a Fighting-type move, though I feel Fighting has become less useful except against TTar. Definitely the most ephemeral Pokemon on my whole team; I don't think I've ever used him for more than 6 turns total.

LeBron James

Scizor @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 40 Atk / 216 SDef
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Bug Bite
- Swords Dance
- Roost

Arguably the most dominant Pokemon in BW2 OU. Most people run a super-offensive Scizor with U-Turn to keep momentum and the escape from Magnezone. Here I chose to run a standard bulky set (see Smogon's "Bulky Swords Dance" set). Most often I find switching into a Salamence locked into Outrage, taking about 25% HP, then comfortably setting up SD + Roost. Even if Salamence decides to hit me with Fire Blast, Scizor can survive in the rain, and then 2HKO back with Bullet Punch. In essence, I find Scizor to be an equally useful defensive presence, and even though the coverage is not very good (e.g. huge Jellicent problems), Scizor forces so many switches that setting up SD becomes pretty easy, plus I can rack in some hazard damage.

Shaq

Dragonite @ Leftovers
Ability: Multiscale
EVs: 80 HP / 252 SAtk / 176 Spd
Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- Earthquake
- Roost
- Thunder

Finally, a non-standard set (I think). Timid nature + 0 Atk EVs means Dragonite will be a pretty mediocre physical attacker. However, considering my current team, I already have 3 physical attackers, so a specially based one would be useful in maintaining balance. The nature and Speed EVs are optimized to outrun 70 Base Speed with speed-boosting nature e.g. Jolly Breloom w/ Spore. The rest is dumped into SpA to hit hard from the Special side and HP to tank. As I currently have no way of getting rid of Stealth Rock, usually I'll switch in Dragonite if I see a potential Stealth Rock about to be set up. If rain is in effect, then Dragonite can hit pretty hard with STAB Hurricane and Thunder. Earthquake will also hit Ninetales for a 2HKO and Tyranitar for a 3HKO. Admittedly not very good; maybe I should take some HP EVs into Attack? One more perk of being a special attacker; almost everyone expects a physical Dragonite, so Forretress is a common switch-in, only to be OHKO'ed by Hurricane. This Dragonite also doesn't really mind burn too much either. Roost rounds out the tank fulfillment of this set and can restore Multiscale, though there is some synergy conflict with burn, Roost, and Multiscale :/

Tim Duncan

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 48 Def / 208 SDef
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spd
- Stealth Rock
- Spikes
- Gyro Ball
- Power Whip

No surprises here. Huge tank, and has come up quite clutch for me. Standard entry hazards + 2 decent STAB offenses. SR really helps against Ninetales. Also useful for paralysis absorber, and about as good as Scizor in tanking Outrage-locked Salamence. No instant recover, but Iron Barbs has felled its fair share of dragons. EV and Nature taken directly from the Smogon set.

Some general comments

As you may have noticed, I have a massive amount of Fire weaknesses. Breloom, Scizor, and Ferrothorn add up to 5 type weaknesses. If I lose rain, I could be royally screwed. Setting up Stealth Rock against sun teams and keeping Politoed alive at least until the other weather inducer is gone is pretty important here. Dragonite can deal with Ninetales pretty easily, even in the sun, but Tyranitar and Hippowdon are a little tougher for me to deal with, since they usually switch out if I send in Breloom or Starmie, respectively. I have yet to test this team against Hail teams, since Hail teams are pretty rare and often underrated, so I'm not sure how I'd do against Abomasnow and the like.

I only have two ice moves to deal with Dragon types, and no priority; I'm considering a Mamoswine to set up Stealth Rock and get Ice priority plus STAB Earthquake to get a good shot against TTar, Ninetales, and to a lesser extent, Hippowdon. Ferrothorn can then run Thunder Wave or some other support move. I'd probably drop Dragonite in favor of Mamoswine if I decide to do so. Electric immunity would also be great to help Politoed and Starmie, but I would also lose Earthquake immunity. Donphan would function similarly with the Electric immunity, STAB Earthquake, and Ice priority. Donphan also gets better physical bulk, Sturdy, and Rapid Spin, but no Ice STAB, worse special bulk, and much slower.

Jirachi has also been giving me huge headaches as of late; my only super-effective move against it is Dragonite's Earthquake, which, with my spread, is pretty weak. Bronzong has the same typing plus Earthquake immunity, but it it can't do too much to me either. Gliscor has also been pretty troublesome, since it's rather difficult to revenge kill if it's behind a Substitute. Politoed is too slow and Starmie is too frail to take an Earthquake. I actually used to run Choice Scarf on Politoed and got plenty of surprise KOs, but dropped it in favor of Specs's massive power output.

Against non-weather teams, I usually lead Politoed to set up the rain, and then most likely switch to Dragonite or Ferrothorn, depending on the circumstances.

Conclusion

The main characters here are Starmie, Scizor, and Politoed. If any Pokemon are to be replaced, I would prefer them to be Dragonite, Ferrothorn, or Breloom. I think many will jump to say that having no spinner is my biggest issue. Maybe it is, but as of right now I only have 1 SR weakness and 2 resistances, plus 1 Spikes immunity. Let me know if I should drop a move on Starmie, or replace DNite with Donphan or something.

Last but not least, thanks for taking the time to read this, and let me know what you think!

Also let me know how fittingly I nicknamed my Pokemon after NBA players haha

Importable Pastebin:
http://pastebin.com/CE4maPJv

Last edited:

Tokyo Tom

Somewhere between psychotic and iconic
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Not done yet! I'll finish the rate later

Yo pretty dope team. I used to be a big rain guy so I'll leave a few comments here :]

Aight so pretty much, as with most rain teams, you have a problem with sun teams, which are everywhere these days. Right off the bat, I'm looking at DNite and it's pretty much complete deadweight outside of rain, which you're gonna have to prepare for. Since you're running a special variant, I'd go with Offensive Latias instead:

Latias (F) @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 144 SAtk / 252 Spd / 112 HP
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Roost
- Surf
Aight, this guy has tons of bulk, great resistances, and can deal with Hippo and Ninetails. It can also check Thunderus-T and Keldeo, especially the dangerous EBelt variant, by threatening an OHKO with DMeteor and Psyshock respectively, and still retains the OHKO on 'Loom that DNite had. Psyshock also lets you forgo Psyshock on Starmie, since they play similar roles, so you can go Recover or Rapid Spin on that. Draco Meteor is Draco Meteor, and pushes huge amounts of damage on opposing 'Mons. Surf rounds out the coverage, allowing him to beat Heatran (another 'Mon he checks well) and do good damage to Steels under rain.

The EVs give him an optimal HP number for Life Orb and speed is maxed (Latias is a lot faster than it looks). The 252/252 spread from Smogon isn't actually that great, I mean you get a bit more attacking power, but the main reason to use Latias over Latios is the bulk.

TL;DR - Latias pretty much plays the role of a bulky pivot with lots of offensive presence for your team, checking tons of key 'Mons, and more importantly, the majority of Sun teams.

I like your Scizor set, but honestly if it's running SD I think this'll better suit your team:

Scizor @ Iron Plate
EVs: 48 Spd / 224 HP / 204 SDef / 32 Atk
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Swords Dance
- Roost
- U-turn
32 Attack EVs with Iron Plate are really all you need to push the OHKO on stuff like 252 HP Ttar at +2. U-Turn may look dumb with an SD set, but really this guy is about maintaining flow and momentum in the first half of the game, then when its checks are removed (something done very well by your Latias + Starmie team), then it can do a little priority sweeping. Honestly you're not gonna be using Bug Bite much besides when you're cleaning teams, so U-Turn allows you to scout a lot better mid-game and get you out of Scizor vs. Magnezone/Heatran situations. The EVs let you outspeed minimum speed base 70's (like Defensive or SpexToed), Vaporeon (these guys are important, 'cuz it means you can U-Turn out before they hit you with Scald), and SpexMagnezone (letting you U-Turn into Latias or 'Loom and push tons of damage on it with Surf or Mach Punch).

Finally, Scizor can beat the ToxicStalling Gliscor (the most popular one) 1v1, which is nice.

Honestly, I like Starmie, and by you calling it Kobe it's probably one of the most important 'Mons on your team haha, but you might also want to consider Scarf Rotom-W over it.

Rotom-Wash @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SAtk / 228 Spd / 28 HP
Modest Nature
IVs: 2 Atk / 30 Def
- Hydro Pump
- Thunder / Trick
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Volt Switch
It's got arguably better resistances than Starmie and forms a nice Volt-Turn core with Sciz, and if you decide to use Latias then it's got good synergy with that as well. Trick isn't really necessary here, 'cuz you want to be taking advantage of Rain to spam those STAB Thunders. Thunder also helps against Bulky Sub DD Gyara, which your team could use a little help beating atm (or maybe not, that's just the vibe I get), since Gyara can just Sub on your Volt Switches. HP Ice lets it revenge DD DNite, get the OHKO on SR Naive 'Chomp, n' other stuff, really the only use for it. The only Physical Dragon Washtom struggles against is ScarfMence; 72 HP EVs let you live a +0 Outrage after SR to OHKO back with HP Ice, but Scizor handles it better anyway. You've also got Gas n' co. covered with HP Grass on 'Toed, so no need to run it here :]

252/252 Timid isn't necessary, as most of the extra 'Mons you'd hypothetically outspeed don't have or run speed boosting moves anyway (ex. Luke, Mamo), and Scarf 'Tran is a joke. This spread lets you outpace Bulky Gyarados at +1, and gives you lots of attack power.

One last thing Rotom-W does, is in conjunction with Latias, helps you better handle opposing Rain teams.

After this, just a thought, but you could probably drop Ferro for something like Lando-T. Now, I don't want to completely change your team, 'cuz I realize I'm starting to. But Lando synergizes well with the rest of the team, sets up SR, and can check Physical attackers moderately well with Intimidate (the main 'Mon I can think of that you'd be losing out on, Gyarados, can be checked with Rotom). Lando also maintains good flow with the rest of the team with U-Turn, or can do a dancing set with QuakeEdge to clean. Another thing Lando-T does is it can lure in a lot of 'Loom and Scizor's checks, then U-Turn into Rotom or Latias, forcing them out, and making them take SR damage all along. This'll eventually wear 'em down to the point where you can clean with the two.

Also, just a few small things - I'd run Focus Blast over Psychic for 'Toed, since Toxicroak is rare and checked by either or both Scizor and Latias, depending on the coverage it's running. And you should be running 252 HP instead of 252 Speed, 'Toed needs the bulk. It also lets you get the weather advantage over min speed Ninetails.

'Loom shouldn't really be running Jolly 252, since 263 or 264 is a popular speed tier to hit just to outspeed 'Loom. I'd go Adamant with 112 HP / 176 Atk / 220 Spe, which lets it outpace Adamant Scizor with a little creep, and grants it a little more bulk to take misc. stuff like Politoed's Ice Beam and a couple EQs from Lando-T.

I'd personally be running SD and Fighting Gem over Low Sweep and LO, but that's more of a personal opinion.

Last edited:
Current Team
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Team With Changes
|
|
|
|
|
|
|​
Hi there Kwan I really am loving the look of the team as a classic example of hyper offensive rain. One of the most threatening to play against now I'm going to suggest a few changes to the team.

Firstly I would change Politoed from a Specs => a Scarf set my reasoning behind this is that you currently have no way of getting past a any sort of dragonite after it sets up a dragon dance especially if carrying fire punch. A choice scarf set allows you to outspeed standard adamant dragonite and kill it with ice beam assuming you have your rocks up. Finally I would consider adding Encore to your politoed set to help deal with calm mind latias which can be a huge threat especially if it is a physically defensive variant.

Secondly I would recommend a small change of Ice beam => Rapid spin so that you can remove hazards that threaten your team. Also consider Life Orb => Leftovers analytic starmie is so feared in rain mostly because of its ability to hit with a double life orb power.

Thirdly consider changing breloom to a lead focus sash variant as it can be incredibly good for breaking down your opponents team early game.

Fourthly consider adding a Tornadus > Dragonite this allows you to have a priority tailwind which can be crucial at times and can be nice for breloom and scizor.

Finally my last suggestion is Garchomp > Ferrothorn this allows you to have an offensive presence that will allow you to deal with sun and sand teams better as well as providing stealth rocks.

TL:DR
Specs => Scarf, Hidden Power [Grass] => Encore
Leftovers => Life Orb, Ice Beam => Rapid Spin
Life Orb => Focus Sash
=>

=>

Importable
Politoed @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Surf
- Ice Beam
- Encore
- Psychic

Starmie @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Surf
- Rapid Spin
- Thunder
- Psyshock

Breloom @ Focus Sash
Jolly Nature
- Bullet Seed
- Low Sweep
- Mach Punch
- Spore

Scizor @ Leftovers
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Bug Bite
- Swords Dance
- Roost

Tornadus (M) @ Sharp Beak
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 Atk
Hasty Nature
- Hurricane
- Focus Blast
- U-turn
- Tailwind

Garchomp @ Yache Berry
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 HP
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake
- Swords Dance

Hey guys, I really appreciate the input.

Tokyo Tom:
Latias over DNite seems to be a better fit defensively, plus the Speed boost seems useful.
Gonna keep Starmie for now haha (KOBEEE). Not really into running a VoltTurn team right now. But shit I forgot to change Politoed's EVS from my old set! Used to run ScarfToed, but now with SpecsToed, definitely need dat HP.
What would Focus Blast on Toed help against? I also once had Focus Blast on him but never really used it.
I find Low Sweep useful for easing prediction; it's a pretty safe option in case they switch to someone like Starmie, since then I have a good chance of getting a Speed advantage and a likely OHKO.
What are some of Scizor's checks that Starmie and Latias take care of so well? Jellicent, Skarmory, Forretress...?

Usatoday:
Dude I used to run that exact same Politoed set: ScarfToed + Encore = rage. For now I've opted for the power though.
Starmie is an eternal struggle for me. Life Orb vs Leftovers? Rapid Spin vs massive and versatile power? Right now I'm kinda in the middle, but I'll try a Leftovers + Rapid Spin for now
Damn dude the set you gave me is a real HYPER offensive team, mike d'antoni style. I'm still need some bulky Pokemon to tank hits like Choice Scarf Moxie Salamence, which I find pretty common
As you said, I don't really have an answer for DDancers (or QDancers for that matter, if they get set up) other than priority, though Ferrothorn's Gyro Ball hits pretty hard if they start racking up Speed boosts. DNite will still need a turn to set up Ddance, and after Stealth Rock and one attack, it'll probably be in 2HKO range for Bullet Punch, and bulky Scizor can probably survive a non-STAB Fire Punch in the rain even at +1 (I think).
Tornadus sounds like an interesting alternative for DNite. I'm still looking for a more bulky Pokemon, but I will keep that in mind if I feel I need a good Flying STAB.

Also looks like you guys don't like my DNite :(

Tokyo Tom

Fair enough, Analytic Starmie's a great 'Mon :]

Eh, the Focus Blast is mainly for 2HKOing Ferro on the switch (assuming it hits :/), which lots of rain teams (including mine) struggle to deal with without going into a Ferro-Ferro stalemate. You're packing 'Loom, which mitigates this somewhat, but max Jolly with LO will take a lot from Gyro Ball on the switch. FBlast also has the benefit of smacking Obamasnow for tons of damage. Might sound like a joke, but I've found hail teams are only played by pretty decent players, and atm your only solid switch-ins are Scizor and Ferro, although choiced Obama packs HP Fire and most good hail teams pack multiple checks to Scizor and Ferro anyway. Focus Blast lets you hit the bulky Kyurem family, which may not cause too much of a problem, but Kyu-B especially can come in on 'Toed reasonably well, and with support from 'Zone, can seriously threaten your team. The last thing Focus Miss does is OHKO CB Ttar on the switch, which can be important at times 'cuz it can OHKO you after a little residuals with Stone Edge, or Pursuit you on the way out (assuming it's taken SR damage, then Sandstorm as Ttar comes in, then it gets Pursuited, then next time it comes in it'll die from SR damage, thus not being able to set up rain again). It's a pretty specific situation, but Ttar sand is so common these days, and Spex Surf doesn't OHKO most variants even after SR. You could always hit 178 speed to try and beat CB 'Tar (it's only 8 EVs I guess), but lots of CB 'Tar try to speed creep on min speed Heatran, so I'm not sure if you want to invest up to 193 or something.

Honestly it's not a big deal - you can stick with Psychic if you want, but really it only hits one target (Cruel is handled pretty easily by Starmie or Latias)

Eh, I see the use in Low Sweep and I like the move, but honestly you've got two great checks in Ferro and Scizor in the stuff it's meant to hit (Lati@s, Starmie can't touch Ferrothorn, etc.). Doesn't really matter in the long run, but you should probably just hit at most 242 Speed or something (outspeeds Starmie after Low Sweep), 262's pretty unnecessary since everything runs 263 or 264 to beat Jolly 'Loom, and Mach Punch has like a 5% chance to OHKO Mamo anyway. Not sure how well Life Orb works for you (I know it's the standard set n' stuff), but you might want to try out Fighting Gem (gives 'Loom the power to push through weakened Lati@s, Heatran or Thunderus-T to better clean teams since as you mention it's more of a late-game sweeper) or Fist Plate (better retains 'Looms suprisingly okay bulk).

Yeah, although I like DNite, imo the Special Rain set isn't doing too too much for you, despite being a pretty decent Skarm lure :/ I just think Latias has better synergy with the team, and UsaToday's Tornadus has better utility if you want to go more offensive

Tokyo Tom

Oh sorry, and yeah, Latias n' Starmie can beat Tent, Jelli, Hippowdon, Heatran, Lando-T, the AcroBat, and sun teams in general. If I'm missing anything, they probably beat it. Forre is kind of a non-issue 'cuz while it can set up hazards, Scizor gets free SDs on it unless Forre runs Red Card or something.

Speaking of hazards, I really think you should consider Rapid Spin > Psyshock on Starmie, but keep Analytic and LO for the power, you're running HO so you should only have to ever spin once or twice. Surf still OHKOes Gengar in the Rain, and does only around 6% less to Chansey IIRC. Also, Thunder OHKOes standard Jellicent after SR, so no problem there. The main things you'll be missing out on are Gastrodon ('Loom sets up all over it, as does Ferro), Blissey (Scizor, 'Loom, and Ferro all beat it), and Kyu-B (beaten by Scizor and Ferro, if it's the CB set you can revenge it with 'Loom, Scizor, or Latias). So yeah, although your team is Hyper Offensive, you've got stuff like Ferro, 'Toed, Scizor, and (presumably) Latias that might be coming in a lot, so they'd appreciate hazards removed to better maintain their bulk.

aight so I made the following switches and played a few games. here are some of my observations thus far.

Politoed: Focus Blast > Psychic
This has worked pretty well in getting rid of Ferrothorn. I know Latias has Psyshock to deal with Toxicroak, but a +1 Sucker Punch will tear Latias apart, so I need to predict really well or get lucky :| Also fixing the damn EVs helped a good amount. 30% miss chance cost me a game though :| overall not bad.

Starmie: Rapid Spin > Psyshock
As stated initially, I haven't had the chance to use Rapid Spin much, and I usually find getting in the offense more useful. Maybe partly cuz I'm not really used to spinning so I'm kinda bad with the timing...

Breloom @ Fighting Gem, Swords Dance > Low Sweep
Mixed results. Can't say for sure whether I've done better or worse. Basically, both are useful when the enemy switches; I either get score a Speed drop or a 2x Attack boost.

Scizor @ Iron Plate, U-Turn > Bug Bite
Seems a little more useful. A little harder to sweep, and taking down Reuniclus is a little tougher (+0 U-Turn does about 47% or something), but yeah I didn't really use Bug Bite that often.

Latias > Dragonite
Lots of mixed results. I made a lot of mistakes in trying to preserve Latias' SpA by using Psyshock instead of Draco Meteor or whatever and missed out on a lot of KOs, so that's probably just part of the learning process. I've come across a major problem in switching Latias for DNite: my entire team got swept by a +1 Volcarona...in the rain. I even had SR on the field :| I used to deal with Volcarona easy with DNite, but now if I mispredict or get outplayed on a single turn, I'm screwed. Granted, this only happened once, but it certainly feels like a pretty big weakness. Also I rarely find a chance to use Roost, since TTar, Latios, or other potential OHKOers are freakin everywhere.

Current Team
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Team With Changes
|
|
|
|
|
|
|​
Hi there Kwan I really am loving the look of the team as a classic example of hyper offensive rain. One of the most threatening to play against now I'm going to suggest a few changes to the team.

Firstly I would change Politoed from a Specs => a Scarf set my reasoning behind this is that you currently have no way of getting past a any sort of dragonite after it sets up a dragon dance especially if carrying fire punch. A choice scarf set allows you to outspeed standard adamant dragonite and kill it with ice beam assuming you have your rocks up. Finally I would consider adding Encore to your politoed set to help deal with calm mind latias which can be a huge threat especially if it is a physically defensive variant.

Secondly I would recommend a small change of Ice beam => Rapid spin so that you can remove hazards that threaten your team. Also consider Life Orb => Leftovers analytic starmie is so feared in rain mostly because of its ability to hit with a double life orb power.

Thirdly consider changing breloom to a lead focus sash variant as it can be incredibly good for breaking down your opponents team early game.

Fourthly consider adding a Tornadus > Dragonite this allows you to have a priority tailwind which can be crucial at times and can be nice for breloom and scizor.

Finally my last suggestion is Garchomp > Ferrothorn this allows you to have an offensive presence that will allow you to deal with sun and sand teams better as well as providing stealth rocks.

TL:DR
Specs => Scarf, Hidden Power [Grass] => Encore
Leftovers => Life Orb, Ice Beam => Rapid Spin
Life Orb => Focus Sash
=>

=>

Importable
Politoed @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Surf
- Ice Beam
- Encore
- Psychic

Starmie @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Surf
- Rapid Spin
- Thunder
- Psyshock

Breloom @ Focus Sash
Jolly Nature
- Bullet Seed
- Low Sweep
- Mach Punch
- Spore

Scizor @ Leftovers
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Bug Bite
- Swords Dance
- Roost

Tornadus (M) @ Sharp Beak
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 Atk
Hasty Nature
- Hurricane
- Focus Blast
- U-turn
- Tailwind

Garchomp @ Yache Berry
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 HP
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake
- Swords Dance
I just wanted to say, this is a great rate, like amazingly epic. I agree with what you said and the team is much better like this. Good job!

Tokyo Tom

aight so I made the following switches and played a few games. here are some of my observations thus far.

Politoed: Focus Blast > Psychic
This has worked pretty well in getting rid of Ferrothorn. I know Latias has Psyshock to deal with Toxicroak, but a +1 Sucker Punch will tear Latias apart, so I need to predict really well or get lucky :| Also fixing the damn EVs helped a good amount. 30% miss chance cost me a game though :| overall not bad.

Starmie: Rapid Spin > Psyshock
As stated initially, I haven't had the chance to use Rapid Spin much, and I usually find getting in the offense more useful. Maybe partly cuz I'm not really used to spinning so I'm kinda bad with the timing...

Breloom @ Fighting Gem, Swords Dance > Low Sweep
Mixed results. Can't say for sure whether I've done better or worse. Basically, both are useful when the enemy switches; I either get score a Speed drop or a 2x Attack boost.

Scizor @ Iron Plate, U-Turn > Bug Bite
Seems a little more useful. A little harder to sweep, and taking down Reuniclus is a little tougher (+0 U-Turn does about 47% or something), but yeah I didn't really use Bug Bite that often.

Latias > Dragonite
Lots of mixed results. I made a lot of mistakes in trying to preserve Latias' SpA by using Psyshock instead of Draco Meteor or whatever and missed out on a lot of KOs, so that's probably just part of the learning process. I've come across a major problem in switching Latias for DNite: my entire team got swept by a +1 Volcarona...in the rain. I even had SR on the field :| I used to deal with Volcarona easy with DNite, but now if I mispredict or get outplayed on a single turn, I'm screwed. Granted, this only happened once, but it certainly feels like a pretty big weakness. Also I rarely find a chance to use Roost, since TTar, Latios, or other potential OHKOers are freakin everywhere.
Aight, thanks for the feedback man. I'm sorry this is so late, and I'm sorry it's not working it out with Latias n' such :/ let me try to explain some of it though. A lot of Latias's application early in the game is to scare stuff out; if you see a Tyranitar, a lot of the time you should double switch into Breloom, and then from there you'll either have a free Spore or a free KO on something. Trust me, it sounds a lot more difficult than it is, you'll get the hang of it.

At the same time, I realize you do like Dragonite, and I'd just say to slot on Aqua Tail/Waterfall somewhere on your original set, if you choose to go back to it, to better deal with Volcarona n' stuff. Here's a set, I did some quick calcs:

Shaq (Dragonite) @ Life Orb
Ability: Multiscale
EVs: 116 SAtk / 196 Spd / 172 Atk / 24 HP
Lonely Nature
- Aqua Tail
- Hurricane
- Roost
- Extremespeed / Thunder / Earthquake

He gets a LO number with the HP (minimizes LO recoil), and Aqua Tail OHKOes 252/0 Heatran under rain. It also maintains enough power to 2HKO stuff like Ttar and SpDef Hippo in Sand with it (Defensive Hippo is 2HKOed by a combo of Aqua Tail and Hurricane after SR, or cleanly 2HKOed by Hurricane). Hurricane, even with the lowered SpA, still manages an OHKO on standard bulky Toxicroak (though you'll have to watch out for the offensive variant's Ice Punch, Psychic's still an option on Politoed I guess). Extremespeed allows DNite to revenge kill reasonably well, and also takes advantage of the attack EVs - this adds a third priority move to your team, which helps since you don't have a Choice Scarfer. Finally, the speed allows you to outrun 252 Jolly Tyranitar and anything that EVs to outspeed it.

Actually, with this DNite build I actually might recommend ScarfToed w/ Psychic, as it handles Toxicroak very well (+2 Sucker Punch never OHKOes this spread)

Politoed @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 8 HP / 244 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 Def
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Psychic
- Surf

One more thing this 'Toed does is it outspeeds and OHKOs +1 Adamant DNite, which your team might struggle against depending on the situation. Either way, it's pretty handy to have. The surprise factor is also nice.

I've been doing some damage calcs, and if power against Reuniclus is more to your liking, this Scizor can OHKO it with a +2 U-Turn:

Scizor @ Expert Belt
Ability: Swarm
EVs: 52 Spd / 248 HP / 192 SDef / 16 Atk
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Swords Dance
- Roost
- U-turn

The speed is there to creep on Defensive Politoed to not risk a burn, and Spex Magnezone so you can U-Turn out before it destroys you. The attack isn't really needed, but it gets the jump point. Scizor still maintains notable OHKOs at +2, like Gengar and 252/0 Ttar with Bullet Punch, and it also breaks the bulkiest of Gliscor's subs with a +2 Bullet Punch.

W/ Starmie, the point is really just to get the spin off if necessary, and it's the kind of 'Mon you'll probably have to sack to do so. Don't worry about it, just attack again and again, but don't hesitate to sacrifice Starmie to get the spin if you're feeling ahead. It doesn't have Recover or any important bulk, so it's not gonna last long anyway.

Welp, this is more of a jumble of ideas I guess, but I'll test these changes when I have the time. (Unless you already went with USAToday's rate, which I in no way disagree with, looks solid)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)