Tournament SPLC finals [Won by TMNT]

Rowan

The professor?
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
lost, gg Vermillion Project and grats to tirtougas. macle you clearly managed to boss the auction and get the strongest team, yet again, so grats for that.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-gen4lc-45804

shoutouts to aipoms

absdaddy. sometimes your attitude fucking sucks dicks, but sometimes you can be a really nice dude, and can be a helpful user. you're a great teambuilder, and you can be a really good battler when you want to be. however, sometimes you battle when you're not in the right mindset I guess and you end up making bad risky plays early on, and then just throw the game from there, like vs. sweep when you sent drilbur in on that scald, it was like I could see you giving up on the game straight away after that. But when you are in the zone you play super well, leave the risky plays till mid-late game and end up getting yourself in great winning positions cos of it. I think there is still a bit to improve on as a player, but you have the potential to be amazing at this game. Glad to have you on my team cos you're great to talk to when you're not acting like you're better than everyone else ;)

Amaura fuck you for quitting man, i wasted like 13k on you

Celsius. didn't really know you before the tour, but you impressed me with some good plays in tryouts so I took a risk. You're a really good player, even though you may not be the best teambuilder. It was nice getting to know you dude, shame you didn't stick around till the end

Chieliee waste of money again lol. I miss you though bro, you should come back to smogon, you coulda been one of the best LC players this generation till you got drawn in my hearthstone. Stick around on irc

D4RR3N was unsure when I bought you, but you ended up being really enthusiastic at the start, and very willing to learn ORAS LC which was really cool. It would be really cool to see you playing more LC and entering minitours and such, but it's up to you I guess. Again, was nice getting to know you this tour

Infamy, hey you're a really cool dude to talk to, I'm glad I picked you up midseason because you were following this tournament even though you didn't get drafted which just shows that you really wanna be involved in this community. Also, props for the upset of the tour vs. heysup, even tho you were a bit of a bad winner about it lol.

OP man, you were literally such a great buy, I have no regrets spending 31.5k on you. You've really proven yourself to be a great player, and many people consider you one of the best at the moment which is super cool. You're also like the friendliest user in LC, a great person to have in the community for so many reasons. thanks for carrying the team to the finals lol

Pancham. dude you didn't even play one game and just went inactive, and then reappear this week. Though I think you helped me test like twice so thanks for that lol

zeriloa. inactive af.

ZoroarkForever. didn't know much about you before this tournament, but tcr convinced me to get you and you were such a good buy, also helping carry the team to the finals. I have massive respect for you as a player, you can do well in pretty much any tier you're put in, as proven in this tour with bw2+tangma, but I know you're also super good at ORAS and other non-LC tiers. keep playing like you do and you could be a big name on smogon. great to get to know you this tour

a few things we learned this SPLC:

1. as it turns out, a team with fitzy, artemisa, FLCL, and calloflochie on it is going to beat teams with PS ladder players more often than not

2. zubat is broken pls ban

3. if you cannot play with a five minute timer, you should probably take up a different hobby, such as knitting

4. any team that picks lasagne is guaranteed to win a championship

Was a lot of fun beasting for this team, let's get the gang back together next year for a threepeat.

macle

sup geodudes
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus

gj aipoms on getting this far. you did well even with half your team dead.

shout outs

Imanalt - hah gay
fitzy72 - you aint bad at oras nigga
Lasagne - moral support
Artemisa - you would be undefeated if it wasnt for hax
Sweep - best lc player currently y/n
Calloflochie - 22k to win the championship? worth
Pako - ur ok
chimpact - u suck
Vermillion Project - you were a good pick up
BLOOD TOTEM - fucking weeb
FLCL - pretty good for using the same team

Rowan i would like to thank you for being cool about my random ass decision to leave for like a month which coincidentally was right before I was finally set up to battle for once in my life XD But seriously I do apologize. I feel so bad for being an overall bad teammember, just got caught up with life, and yada yada blah blah. Congrats on Aipoms, I was always with you and hoping you guys were slaying the bitches and getting money even when I was inactive. Glad yall went far and (almost) slayed the last group of fuckballs. Also confrats to Infamy for proving that he is actually a good player but can sometimes be a dick about winning a battle or two. GG SPLC see yah next year maybe.

not my week but i'll do my thoughts about this tour

shoutouts to Ray Jay for building a team with players who weren't bought for whatever reason and helping us become one of the most threatening teams in the tourney

Cheek Pouch for constantly supporting the team in whatever way possible, despite not being able to play much
Starmaster for being a lord and then dying at the last minute
Brazilian Army for being a lord and being the only one of us who didn't choke in semis
Kumiho For being a lord
Shrug for constantly supporting the team and giving teambuilding advice to me
majaspic22 We didn't talk much but from what I saw of you playing you were great
The Quasar for being a lord in BW OU and helping me test a lot
DatCoconut for being a lord and testing w/ everyone
Nineage for being a lord and not only doing well in tangma but for helping with testing as well

Even though we didn't win I think this year will be remembered as the year the scrub team was good. I don't think there will ever be another scrub team like this one.

Also shrug is a trash talking lord

Last edited:
not my week but i'll do my thoughts about this tour

shoutouts to Ray Jay for building a team with players who weren't bought for whatever reason and helping us become one of the most threatening teams in the tourney

Cheek Pouch for constantly supporting the team in whatever way possible, despite not being able to play much
Starmaster for being a lord and then dying at the last minute
Brazilian Army for being a lord and being the only one of us who didn't choke in semis
Kumiho For being a lord
Shrug for constantly supporting the team and giving teambuilding advice to me
majaspic22 We didn't talk much but from what I saw of you playing you were great
The Quasar for being a lord in BW OU and helping me test a lot
DatCoconut for being a lord and testing w/ everyone
Nineage for being a lord and not only doing well in tangma but for helping with testing as well

Even though we didn't win I think this year will be remembered as the year the scrub team was good. I don't think there will ever be another scrub team like this one.
forget the trashtalk medal for Shrug lol

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)