Spudsie's humble art thread

Hi all,

A bit about me. I've been drawing pokemon since I can remember but very on and off. I quite recently got back into it and it's good fun. All this is hand-drawn, partly because I like the fundamental simplicity of it, and also because I don't have a tablet or any decent drawing program :P. It's mostly black and white as I haven't really got anything decent to colour with fairly quickly.

Just a few small rules:

1. Keep the language clean please :)

2. If you want to use (I would be so lucky) my artwork, please ask me first, and remember to credit me if you do :P

3. I am doing requests. If you do competitive battling, my one request back is that you try out a tier you haven't done before *cough* *cough* little cup *cough*, or if you've played them all try out one you don't play often.

So without further ado:

Earlier Pencil work

Later pencil work

Pen work+Vanilite line makeover

Apologies for slightly huge pictures, hope you enjoyed :)

Cool spuds! I really see you getting better with everyday practise. I love the perspective of your drawings. They are so...original. Good job, keep it up.
Luv'd

shnen

שוני
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
yo, these are awesome, could I please request an awesome makuhita :D
I will play a couple of LC games in exchange!!

Hi everyone, cheers for the comments. Haven't drawn loads as I've been helping out (or trying to) with some LC contributions and such.

Anyway, here's shnen's makuhita and a sprite in disguise I did a while ago (I'm sure you can guess what it's dressing up as ;) ).

Sorry for the sizes, resizing doesn't seem to be working on photobucket :L

Wow, I love it! Your understanding of Pokes body structure is astonishing. Wish I could draw so confidently. The shading is so eye-calming too. Good job ^^

A small update, probably the last one for a while as I'm finding myself on Smogon too much and need a break, heh. Anyway, watch this space and expect action in about a month!

Huge crazy mega bump time!

Hi all. Sorry for the delay (not that you've been missing me :P) but my exams are all done so I should be able to start putting up more stuff over the summer. A few pencil and pastel pieces. Figured out how to get my pictures to a decent size now.

Apologies for the smudges on the houndour. My chinchilla managed to climb its way on to my desk :L

C&C very much appreciated!

First of all, I like the individuality you put into each pokemon. You give them personality, which I found enjoyable to look at.

Second of all, I would say try and make the line art on your works easier to see. I noticed that you use a mix of pencil crayons and marker. I would suggest strictly using dark coloured markers for the lineart (which means the lines of the pic if you didn't know), and pencil crayons for the colouring.

Also, try to make sure that you go one direction with the colouring with your pencil crayons. For example, for swalot, shade it with your pencil only facing one way and don't change that position. When you get to corners, make the shading smaller so that you can fit the pencil crayon into the tight spaces.

First of all, I like the individuality you put into each pokemon. You give them personality, which I found enjoyable to look at.

Second of all, I would say try and make the line art on your works easier to see. I noticed that you use a mix of pencil crayons and marker. I would suggest strictly using dark coloured markers for the lineart (which means the lines of the pic if you didn't know), and pencil crayons for the colouring.

Also, try to make sure that you go one direction with the colouring with your pencil crayons. For example, for swalot, shade it with your pencil only facing one way and don't change that position. When you get to corners, make the shading smaller so that you can fit the pencil crayon into the tight spaces.
Thankyou for the compliment (and actually a decently long comment!)

Yes, my shading is a bit sloppy, I'll definetely be working on that. I tried using pen outline for the line art, but I felt it was a little over-powering in how it contrasted with the colour from the pencils, but I'll definetely try it out.

nyttyn

From Now On, We'll...
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Hrrm, requesting N x Gardevoir avatar. Because why not?

Also, that latest picture of the purple scorpion has come a long way since your first pieces I Must say. You might want to work on detailing and shading a bit, as it looks somewhat unnatural for that skor..crap I have no idea how to spell it, purple scorpion to be casting no shadow. However as others have said, your art has a definite charm to it, with each pokemon having a spin on their personality sketched into them.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)