STAB Explosion (Lickilicky Discussion)

Yeah, Lickilicky never really got popular though.
I thought for sure a Wish and Knock Off set would get the limelight in the budding months since his defenses are pretty ridiculous. Maybe people just hate the way he looks. =P

It doesn't need belly drum.. a STABed explosion does and usully will 1HKO all non-ghost pokemon. although if the ghost pokemon was foresighted/odorsluthed/the new d/p move that does this that i can't remember.

What might work a bit better than Belly Drum would be Screech on a Wish/filler/Explosion set.

Any non-ghost will die from Screech followed by STAB Explosion.
Anyone switching will give Lickilicky a free Wish to continue his thing or passing to a team-mate.
If you predict a counter, you can always explosion the switch. I'm pretty sure anything that might OHKO you with a fighting attack needs STAB and that will remove their possible 4x immunity to Explosion.

Of course with Spikes it would just be dastardly, make the opponent decide how much they want to keep their #1 physical wall.

Notable Physical Movepool:
Mud Slap (Emerald Tutor)
Mud Slap is a special move.

One thing you didn't suggest is SashPlosion.

Lickilicky @ Focus Sash
Adamant | Own Tempo
252 Atk, 252 Spd, 6 HP
~Explosion

STAB 750-Power Explosions from a 295 attack stat is a lil bit troubling, eh? Add 199 speed, and the fact that it can 'Plode twice, then you have one helluva gimmick here.

My threads are THAT immortal. :O
Might have something to do with the fact that you have a link to it in your sig and people can't read post dates.

And to above poster: not only is your Lickilicky carrying TWO items at once (Sash AND Choice Band), but it also manages to defy the game's mechanics by letting it survive its own Explosion via Focus Sash while this isn't even possible.

Even if you could use Explosion twice, you would need to have the field cleared of all spikes, harming weather negated, and have Trick Room up to do it. That doesn't seem all that likely to me. I guess Thunderwave and such would be easier than Trick Room, actually.

sandman

Bum bum bum bum
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
The paralyzing set looks really cool, its amazing how much paralysis lowers the opponents speed.

I remember I once used a wish / knock off / swords dance / explosion @ Life Orb set on a gimmicky shoddy team just for the hell of it. Obviously it didn't accomplish too much, but it was still pretty fun, and always managed to take something down :)

Lickilicky has such a cool movepool, and pretty good stats all around, so making a set is pretty much throwing four moves together based on what your team needs. He has the option to use some of the best support moves in the game with Wish, Heal Bell, Knock Off, etc, complemented by cool defenses, not to mention he always has the threat of an explosion that kills anything not Ghost, making people wary of what the switch in, thus allowing you to knock off more items or whatever it is you're doing. The fact that he can randomly Thundebolt or Ice beam or whatever if your team needs it is also pretty cool, and he makes a pretty nice pinch counter to whatever you're afraid of, since he isn't likely to be OHKOed by anything unboosted / STAB fighting.

I seriously lol at this comparison "It's the equivalent to being a satellite that was shot out from the earth at 15,000 MPH"

Set: Countah
Nature: Adamant
@ Leftovers (I think)
-Counter
-Explosion
-Return
-Wish (if you can do that)/Swords Dance/Substitute

EVs: 252 hp/* atk/* def

He's designed to bring down two hard hitters for sure (and he really will). If you can learn Wish with Counter (which I'm pretty sure you can't) then that's good for support purposes. Otherwise, Substitute can be good if your opponent switches so it's a little easier to take Close Combats from things like Heracross or Infernape, which may OHKO if they roll really high damage (Weavile brick break? Puh-lease.) Swords Dance is also good on the switch (belly drum no so much because you'll have some living problems with that) so you can destroy even Steel types with Explosion.

Aldaron

geriatric
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
I've been using a Lickilicky with 252 attack evs and 252 hp evs and relaxed nature with leftovers, and moves Explosion, Power Whip, Gyro Ball and Fire Blast to humorously good results.

I am however waiting for Iron Ball to become implemented so that I can put Iron Ball on it and replace Gyro Ball with Fling for that 130 BP SE move on ghosts and psychics. Then it will rally be feared, as a good player can just wreak absolute havoc with that set...it covers everything.

Note that on the 'No Speed' set it is best to run a 0 Speed IV.

Also, there was a discussion on a Choice Specs Lickylicky a while ago and we came up with something like this:

I consider it a decent enough set to consider because it is a Special Attacker that has the ability to 2HKO Blissey, has a wide special movepool, and can hit much of the OU enviornment super effective.

Trick Room Life Orb Lickylicky:

Lickylicky (M) Life Orb
IV: 31/31/31/31/31/0
EV: 34 HP / 224 ATT / 252 SP ATT

Ability: Own Tempo
Quiet Nature (+SP ATT, -SPE)
- Hammer Arm / Explosion
- Explosion / Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam
- Fire Blast

EVs ensure that ALL Blisseys are 2HKOed be Hammer Arm.

Fire Blast over Flamethrower or else you will fall short of OHKOing or 2HKOing many Pokémon.

Credits to Shinryuu for the Damage Calculations:

This is the Lickylicky above using Life Orb:

Fire Blast
Metagross(252 Hp, neutral nature) 81.59% - 96.15%

Skarmory(252 Hp, neutral nature) 108.98% - 128.14%

Forretress(252 Hp, neutral nature) 231.64% - 272.60%

Tangrowth(252 Hp, neutral nature) 116.34% - 136.63%

Weezing(252 Hp, neutral nature) 54.49% - 64.07%

Gengar(4 hp, neutral nature) 65.65% - 77.48%

Mismagius(252 Hp, 196 Sp.def, + nature) 30.86% - 36.11%

Dusknoir(252 Hp, 180 Sp.def, neutral nature) 31.29% - 37.07%

Cressilia(252 Hp, 252 Sp.def, + nature) 18.47% - 21.85%

Bronzong(252 Hp, 98 Sp.def, + nature) 59.76% - 70.12%

Metagross is no longer an OHKO (without SR), Cressy and the ghosts are even more impossible to hit, but everything else is still an OHKO or 2HKO.

Thunderbolt

Gyarados(212 Hp, neutral nature) 112.76% - 132.81%

Skarmory(252 Hp, neutral nature) 86.53% - 101.80% Use Fire Blast

Milotic(252 Hp, neutral nature) 45.69% - 53.55%

Slowbro(212 Hp, neutral nature) 67.71% - 79.69%

Slowking(212 HP, 252 Sp.def, + nature) 47.66% - 55.99%

Changes here are that you must now use Fire Blast to guarantee OHKO Skarmory since T-Bolt could fall short. Slowking and Milotic also turn into possible 3HKOs. But overall, still not too bad.

Ice Beam

Salamence(120 Hp, neutral nature) 144.04% - 169.53%

Garchomp(32 Sp.def, neutral nature) 133.61% - 157.14%

Dragonite(252 Hp, neutral nature) 112.18% - 132.12%

Hippowdon(252 Hp, neutral nature) 67.38% - 79.29%

Zapdos(252 Hp, 252 Sp.def, + nature) 43.75% - 51.56%

Cradily(252 Hp, 92 Sp.def, neutral nature) 50.00% - 58.78%

Hippo turns into a 2HKO, Zappy and Cradily into probable 3HKOs. Dragons still die though, which is good.

Hammer Arm
Blissey(148 Hp, 252 Def, + nature) 55.09% - 64.68%
(252 Hp, 252 Def, + nature) 53.08% - 62.32%

Regice(252 Hp, 252 Def, neutral nature) 45.88% - 54.12%
(252 Hp, 252 Def, + nature) 42.03% - 49.45%

Tyranitar(252 Hp, neutral nature) 96.29% - 113.12% (will not OHKO, even with 252 EVs)

Snorlax(220 Hp, 252 Sp.def, neutral nature) 54.65% - 64.34%

Your Cradily calc looks way off. In SS Ice Beam would only do 30-35% instead of 50%. Cradily can then Recover off damage while you lose 16% per turn due to LO and SS. Hammer Arm would be better.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)