STAB Mania - Semi-Finals

Status
Not open for further replies.

FireMage

Disgraced
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
STAB MANIA

Banner thanks to andrew3391
In a standard OU environment, many Pokémon rely on other coverage moves to offer up maximum coverage, what if coverage moves were removed? What if Pokémon had to only rely on Moves in which they only obtained STAB on? Well, I guess we'll have to find out in this tour.

Rules
  • Standard OU
  • All moves used must be found in their movepools - This is NOT to be confused with STABmons
  • All Moves must get STAB - This includes Support moves such as Wish and Reflect (Only Normal types may use Wish, Only Psychic types may use Reflect etc...)
  • To avoid complications, the following moves are banned: Soak, Camouflage, Reflect Type, and all other moves that change the type of either the user or the opponent.
  • Nature Power is considered both a Normal-type move and a Ground-type move.
  • Standard rules and clauses.
  • Single elimination, and the final round will be a best of three.
  • Hidden Power <STAB> may be used on all mons
  • Smeargle Clause - Smeargle may only use Normal Type Moves
  • Meoletta Clause - See this post
Tour Tips
  • Dual typed mons have a larger movepool to work with
  • Boosting Moves can only be used by the Pokémon that get STAB on it
  • Hazards can only come from Rock / Poison / Ground types. Use this information to your advantage during Team Preview
  • Only Normal type pokémon can use Rapid Spin too

Matchups

FLCL vs SOMALIA
shartruce2 vs McMeghan

Last edited:

FireMage

Disgraced
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I'm not going to be back until sometime on Monday - so If Shartruce and McMeghan play, I'd really appreciate it if the winner could schedule a time with FLCL in preparation for the thread to go up (Or if you play and post the winner in here before I get back) that would be great!

McMeghan

Dreamcatcher
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis the 5th Smogon Classic Winneris the Smogon Tour Season 14 Championis a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
Big Chungus Winner
I won against shartuce in a very close game.

GG dude, you've had the Blackest team I've faced so far in this tournament.

shartruce

Chartreuse Charmanders/ US WEST 2015!
is a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnus
lost in a close GG against McMeghan, yeah that was the blackest team I ever made XD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)