1. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

STABmon Tournament # 2 Brackets!

Discussion in 'Other Metagames' started by Mr Omgness, Aug 1, 2013.

1. Shining_Latios

Shining_Latios

2. Meloetta<3

Meloetta<3

I'd like to battle you as well. I am not disqualified so far, at least, it stands nowhere.
  3. The Eevee General

The Eevee General Finish him!
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributor

Going forward, this is how we would like to address ban usage/double suspect usage.

1st time = rematch, warning
    2nd time = auto loss

@Meloetta<3, accidents happen. The suspects are listed under bans for each bracket but if you didn't see it then you didn't know. If you could please rematch @PokemonMasterDebater that single battle and post the outcome that would be great. PokemonMasterDebater, if you are okay with the slip up (since Medicham didn't necessarily benefit from Vulpix and vice versa*) you can keep it as it is.

*Some people have asked about the suspects, so I'll add a little rationale here. Essentially, while 2 suspects together sometimes doesn't give a huge advantage (like Medicham and Vulpix), it does give that player 2 very strong Pokémon/abilities/strategies on the same team which automatically tips the battle in their favor.
    For instance, if you ran Belly Drum and Shell Smash on one team, that is a huge offensive presence that this lower 'tier' (450 and below) can't really handle (except maybe Quagsire, but that would require most teams to run him and mean something is over-centralizing). So Belly Drum Granbull is allowed, but you can't also run Shell Smash Guts Raticate on the same team.
    That also means Bibarel cannot run either Belly Drum or Shell Smash since they are all suspected, but he can run Swords Dance.
    Essentially, some of the suspects combined don't add up to a huge threat (like the Medicham and Vulpix example) whereas some do (Simple Bibarel Shell Smash, Vulpix+Combusken). I just didn't want people to abuse them.

When we get to the higher 'tiers', the bans/suspects are a little easier to manage and not as restrictive.
  4. SpartanMalice

SpartanMalice

I'm still waiting for my round 2 match. Even though I really suck at 450- and will probably lose...
  5. The Eevee General

Lost 1-2 to Manitary. GG!
  6. Manitary

Manitary

A few hax here and there (crits, low damage roll and the likes) but they were gg, especially the third!
    I saved the replays but the first two got corrupted or w/e because there's an error occuring when people use !data commands :/ anyway I just discovered that using "next turn" button the combat text appears and the game proceed without animations, so they still works somehow.
  7. PokemonMasterDebater

PokemonMasterDebater

I think I would have lost whether or not Meloetta<3 had Vulpix or Medicham, so I am fine giving him those wins.
  8. SpartanMalice

SpartanMalice

Finally. I contacted Manitary and should be able to finish my battle soon as well.
  9. Level 51

Level 51 getting worse at mons day by day
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Forum Moderatoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Server Moderator

Hello. Activity win over @Pat Labor please, I VM'd him and highlighted him but no response...
  10. The Eevee General

11. BlankZero

BlankZero
    is a Tutor

I should probably make a team...

But I have a bye so :3
  12. Mr Omgness

Mr Omgness

My game vs Shartruce is scheduled for tuesday.

@SpartanMalice and others: The deadline in the first post does not apply to 2nd round games, so there's no rush. Of course you are free to schedule your games as soon as you know your opponent but there will be a new deadline for the 2nd round (together with 1st round loser bracket).

I also sent a PM to the llvallejoll and KeldeoDeArtagnan about the tournament, since they are the only game not making contact.
  13. Pikachuun

Pikachuun

14. Meloetta<3

Meloetta<3

Confirming, gg.
  15. juleocesar

juleocesar

Yeah, I've contacted my opponent. We are planning when to have our match, so don't worry with that ^^
  16. toxicroaker

toxicroaker

something abrupt has just happened and I may not be able to play for a week or two unless I can get to it sometime tonight... if I do not have my scores in by tonight count me out. I apologize for any inconveniences I may have caused and wish you all a good time at the tournament
  17. llvallejoll

llvallejoll

Contacted 2 days agos, no reply yet.
  18. llvallejoll

llvallejoll

--Sorry, double post :c-- Delete this.
  19. shartruce2

shartruce2 THINK POSITIVE
    is a Tiering Contributor

won 2-0 against Mr. Omgness, 2 pretty fun games :)
  20. Mr Omgness

Mr Omgness

Confirmed :)
  21. The Eevee General

Matches extended until 8/8 for the stragglers. I will have to update the tournament via post since Mr Omgness will be unavailable for the next few days.

For those that have tried to contact but received no reply, you will win due to inactivity. For those who are just missing each other on PS, a coin toss will decide the winner.

Good luck to anyone left!
  22. -Sparkbeat-

-Sparkbeat- formerly Lunatic Lies

Having trouble setting up a time with my opponent as I don't know his timezone and I can't get a specific time out of him :/
  23. Level 51

Level 51 getting worse at mons day by day
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Forum Moderatoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Server Moderator

lost to Pat Labor. I shouldve just johned him and gotten activity ;)
  24. Pat Labor

Pat Labor

I don't think, I'm a better john than you. :d
    GG
  25. The Eevee General

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)