1. Welcome to Smogon! Check out the Smogon Starters Hangout for everything you need to know about starting out in the community. Don't forget to introduce yourself in the Introduction and Hangout Thread, too!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

STABmons Doubles [Water Spout and Eruption now banned]

Discussion in 'Other Metagames' started by TheBurgerKing99, Aug 25, 2013.

1. Eevee General

Eevee General 97% OM Certified Fresh
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Smogon Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributor

2. Mr Omgness

Mr Omgness

I disagree slightly.

Explosion in Doubles hates Protect/Wide Guard more than it hates Ghosts imo, on top of that Scrappy is not heavily distributed and can soon become very predictable; the bane of Explosion in both singles and doubles is it's predictability, which STABmons now mitigates a bit by giving all normal-types Explosion on top of all the mons that already had it. I also think the Scrappy mons are outclassed by other mons.
  3. noobcubed

noobcubed

What could be more useful is Imprison Metagross, which can shut down Protect and allow Metagross to blow up safely. And all those Wide Guard using Rock-types don't take Meteor Mash well either.
  4. Nollan

Nollan EV Master Nollan
    is a Tiering Contributor

I dunno, with all the spread moves going around, the metagame is really fast paced. I doubt Metagross, even with its bulk, would have the time for Imprison (tried Imprison Cresselia earlier on, got trashed).
  5. Monte Cristo

Monte Cristo Shots fired

Spare me the greif, o god of dubs. .-.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)