Ladder STABmons (the old one)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I almost for a tiny second thought that since the DNA Splicer fuses and unfuses Kyurem with Reshiram/Zekrom, that meant they could trade Ice and Fire/Electric all up in that shiz. But that's not possible, right?

right?

Probably for the best. Kyu-B is already boss. It doesn't need Sacred Fire, too.
Eevee General, you're alive!!!

Reactions: EV
I almost for a tiny second thought that since the DNA Splicer fuses and unfuses Kyurem with Reshiram/Zekrom, that meant they could trade Ice and Fire/Electric all up in that shiz. But that's not possible, right?

right?

Probably for the best. Kyu-B is already boss. It doesn't need Sacred Fire, too.
as mentioned the kyurem formes don't change types, and besides you can't 'import' fusion bolt and flare onto white and black respectively. it should be treated like rotom, where you can't say have rotom-s get the ability to use water moves

If anything, give to Kyurem-Black all the Electric moves and to Kyurem-W all the Fire moves. Which at the end of the story is only Bolt Strike and Blue Flare, respectively. Volt Switch Kyurem-Black maybe.

Idk, if you are on the fence about changing things i would rather give to in-battle alternative forms their stabs, and it would make sense since the actual movepools are specifically desinged for these forms(think about Close Combat Meloetta, Psychic Darmanitan or Dragon Pulse Ampharos), but aside from the massive buff to Gyarados(Foul Play, Knock Off, Sucker Punch, Parting Shot, Dark Void, on top of Brave Bird, Defog and Roost) things wouldn't change too much. Meloetta may have Aura Sphere, but she already had Focus Blast anyway, Trick gives to Darmanitan 4MSS(should I forgot Earthquake or U-Turn for this?), Draco Meteor/Spacial Rend Ampharos is cute, but far from game-changing, Charizard has already any Dragon move it could wish for, Mewtwo is banned and no one cares about Castform suddenly gaining Crabhammer, Sacred Fire and Icicle Crash.

If anything, give to Kyurem-Black all the Electric moves and to Kyurem-W all the Fire moves. Which at the end of the story is only Bolt Strike and Blue Flare, respectively. Volt Switch Kyurem-Black maybe.

Idk, if you are on the fence about changing things i would rather give to in-battle alternative forms their stabs, and it would make sense since the actual movepools are specifically desinged for these forms(think about Close Combat Meloetta, Psychic Darmanitan or Dragon Pulse Ampharos), but aside from the massive buff to Gyarados(Foul Play, Knock Off, Sucker Punch, Parting Shot, Dark Void, on top of Brave Bird, Defog and Roost) things wouldn't change too much. Meloetta may have Aura Sphere, but she already had Focus Blast anyway, Trick gives to Darmanitan 4MSS(should I forgot Earthquake or U-Turn for this?), Draco Meteor/Spacial Rend Ampharos is cute, but far from game-changing, Charizard has already any Dragon move it could wish for, Mewtwo is banned and no one cares about Castform suddenly gaining Crabhammer, Sacred Fire and Icicle Crash.
I agree.

Unsure if this has been said, but Sylveon gets Shell Smash/Geomancy and Pixilate Boomburst... WOW.

EV

Banned deucer.
I'm going to try and finish the threatlist and I need some help. I want to break it into two: Offensive and Defensive/Support.

Please look at the current threatlist and make recommendations on what needs changing or removing (since it might be outdated.) Then, if there is a threat not on the list, you may reserve it and do a little write-up similar to my format.

Keep in mind a Pokemon can be in both sections. You can reserve Offensive, Defensive/Support, or both.

Monte Cristo

Banned deucer.
I'm going to try and finish the threatlist and I need some help. I want to break it into two: Offensive and Defensive/Support.

Please look at the current threatlist and make recommendations on what needs changing or removing (since it might be outdated.) Then, if there is a threat not on the list, you may reserve it and do a little write-up similar to my format.

Keep in mind a Pokemon can be in both sections. You can reserve Offensive, Defensive/Support, or both.
If you want I can add some history, metagame info and the current threatlist and add it to my in development OM article: http:oiawesome.github.io/setsandthreats I 'll be adding some more over next week hopefuly as long as flights are not canceled

I noticed Genesect listed in the prelim threatlist, though he would be banned if this starts with an OU banlist. If select ubers are unbanned, the only one I would really consider is Darkrai - even Genesect is ridiculous with access to both potent Shift Gear AND Quiver Dance sets.

Diggersby @ White Herb
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 252 Atk7252 Spd/4 HP
Adamant Nature
-Shell Smash
-ExtremeSpeed
-Thousand Arrows
-Baton Pass

Garchomp @ Liechi Berry/Leftovers/Garchompite/Yache Berry
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 252 Atk/252 Spd/4 HP
Jolly Nature
-Thousand Arrows
-Dragon Dance
-Outrage/Dual Chop
-Substitute

Excadrill Life Orb/Lum Berry
Ability: Mold Breaker
Adamant Nature
-Thousand Arrows
-Gear Grind
-Shift Gear
-Rock Slide/Rapid Spin/Stealth Rock

Landorus-T @ Earth plate/Sky Plate/Lum Berry
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 48 HP / 252 Atk / 208 Spd
Adamant Nature
-Thousand Arrows
-Brave Bird
-Swords Dance/Roost
-Rock Polish/Roost

Mamoswine@ Life Orb
Ability: Thick Fat
Jolly Nature
-Thousand Arrows
-Icicle Spear/Icicle Crash
-Ice Shard
-Superpower/Knock off

The STABs alones of these Pokémon gives flawless coverage aside of random crap such as Gourgeist-XL(Diggersby), Whimsicott(Garchomp), Ludicolo(Excadrill) and SURSKIT(Mamoswine). Landorus' coverage with STABs alone is literally flawless, not even Shedinja can wall it.

#thousandarrowsbestmove2014

For those out of the loop, Thousand Arrows is a leaked 90BP 100% acc physical Ground move with a suspected Freeze-Dry / Smack Down effect that allows it to hit Flying-types / Levitators and remove their Ground immunity. Also leaked was Thousand Waves, 90 BP 100% acc physical Ground which traps the opponent.

Ground-types didn't gain much previously, with Bonemerang and Spikes being their only notable additions. Thousand Arrows however is huge, as mentioned vastly improving the coverage of practically any Ground type. Thousand Waves is pretty cool too, but at the moment is unknown if it is an Infestation or Mean Look style trap. If its the damaging variant (hell, even if it isn't), it easily becomes the best trapping move in the game.

Last edited:
New mons Hoopa and Volcanion, with new moves Hyperspace Hole and STEAM ERUPTION

Threads found here
http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/hoopa.3504494/
http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/volcanion.3504481/

Hoopa is still pretty terrible in STABmons - its defensive typing is just absolutely horrendous with 4x weaknesses to Shadow Sneak, Sucker Punch, Pursuit, and Knock Off and bad physical defenses. Psystrike off 150 SpA makes it a powerful "mixed" attacker however.

Volcanion gains a considerable degree more versatility in its STABs. Crabhammer, Water Shuriken, Sacred Fire, V-create, Water Spout, Eruption, Blue Flare, Magma Storm, Searing Shot, Fiery Dance... He can be a crazy burn platform with STEAM ERUPTION, Searing Shot/Sacred Fire, and Will-O-Wisp, a capable mixed or even full physical attacker with V-create, Crabhammer, and Water Shuriken, run a Scarf with BOTH Water Spout AND Eruption, has a viable means of boosting with Fiery Dance... Volcanion is easily one of my favorite gen 6 mons.

For the new moves, Hyperspace Hole is a 80 BP Special Psychic move that hits through Protect... Not that great when Psychics have access to Psystrike and even then plain old Psychic is more powerful.

But STEAM ERUPTION... 110 BP Special Water move with 95% acc and a 30% burn chance. Take Hydro Pump, improve its accuracy, combine it with Scald and TADA! Every Special Water-type just jizzed their pants. You literally have NO reason to run any other Special water move unless you are fast enough to make Water Spout worthwhile.

EV

Banned deucer.
Keldeo is really happy about Steam Eruption although Water Spout is what made it famous last gen. I think Thousand Arrows is a game changer, especially for Landorus whose STABs are truly exceptional even without the new move. Of course that means it will run physical sets more and its forme may see more use outside defensive support.

Arcueid

nah i'd win nah i'd win nah i'd win
is a Battle Simulator Moderator
Not Sure whether this has been posted before

Beep major threats incoming

Alakazam-Mega @ Alakazite
Ability: Trace
EV Spread: Sp Atk: 252, Speed: 252, HP: 4
Nature: Modest/Timid
Moveset: - Psystrike/Psycho Boost
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast
- Substitute
Cant get calcs now and more sets right now...will update this post

oh so we're bumping this anyways psystrike is always best also mega alakazam is a pretty bad mega bar absol I find it too be the worst

I find Mega Alakazam to be a much better Substitute attacker and Pokémon in general than Alakazam. That 150 speed is the real dealbreaker here, and the ability to use a more powerful stab move make it better overall.
Regular Alakazam being better is one of those early XY mistakes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)