Ladder STABmons (the old one)

Status
Not open for further replies.

xJownage

Even pendulums swing both ways
i really want to do this but will NOT on mobile. :(

Wheres aerodactyl on this list? it may be the best lead on balanced-offense teams with stealth rock and stab rock head head smash as well as brave bird. or you can mega evo and be suicidal to have that tough claws head smash off of base 135 (lol).
idk if that would be support, since its main job is to set up, but its an offensive threat to me just for the sheer power of head smash even in the nonmega form.

he probably just missed some (a bunch) of threats on the skeleton lists. there are a huge amount of threats in stabmons

EDIT: For example, just noticed Flareon isn't on there, but I did it anyways.

xJownage

for the record i did not reserve aerodactyl since i am on mobile. i was just pointing out it deserves a spot on the threatlist

reserving azumarill

*insert azu pic here*

Azumarill
Type: Water / Fairy
Base Stats: 100 / 50 / 80 / 60 / 80 / 50
Ability: Thick Fat / Huge Power / Sap Sipper
Important move additions: Extreme Speed [from Azurill], Water Shuriken, Crabhammer

Azumarill is a top threat in STABmons with Huge Power boosting its abysmal 50 Attack to levels rivalling that of Ubers giants such as Groudon. It has great STAB moves in the form of Water Shuriken, Play Rough and Crabhammer, while also receiving access to the wide pool of Normal-type moves, courtesy of his baby form, the Normal-type Azurill. This opens up options such as Extreme Speed, which hits harder than Water Shuriken most of the time, while allowing Azumarill access to the +2 priority tier. Belly Drum Azumarill's access to Fairy STAB provides players with an alternative to options like Diggersby, despite a lack of STAB on Extreme Speed.

Last edited:

Diggersby
Type: Normal / Ground
Base Stats: 85 / 56 / 77 / 50 / 77 / 78
Ability: Pickup / Cheek Pouch / Huge Power
Important move additions: Shell Smash, Extreme Speed, Belly Drum

Diggersby is a huge threat in OU with amazing Ground / Normal coverage, and Huge Power giving it massive attack. STABmons gives it even more power. Shell Smash is an instant +2 in both Speed and Attack making him a fearsome sweeper. Also new, Extreme Speed. A priority move better than Quick Attack in power and speed. After a Shell Smash you can spam Returns and Earthquakes, as you'll only need to Extreme Speed in the case of threatening priority. Belly Drum is even a more fun move, maxing out power in one turn, and spamming Extreme Speeds. Something I tried was Cheek Pouch + Sitrus Berry, refilling all of your health after a Belly Drum.

Aerodactyl
Type: Rock / Flying
Base Stats: 80 / 105 / 65 / 60 / 75 / 130
Ability: Rock Head / Pressure / Unnerve
Important move additions: Brave Bird, Head Smash

Aerodactyl is a Pokemon with big room for improvement. Rock Head, Pressure, and Unnerve all next to useful abilities. STABmons breaks Aerodactyl. Two new STAB moves, Brave Bird and Head Smash. Paired with Rock Head, Aerodactyl becomes a dual STAB spamming monster not taking any recoil. For perfect coverage, you can run Earthquake to nail Steel types.
Would also mention Aero's ability to MEvolve and fire off Tough Claws boosted Head Smash / Brave Bird. A bit suicidal, yes, but sometimes you need that extra oomph. I really enjoyed running a set that spammed Rock Head moves until it seemed Aero was done for or I needed the extra power, then Mevolved to blow the game right open.

i think azumarril is better, aqua jet < water shurukin, and waterfall < crabhammer

latos gets psystrike and spacial rend

ive faced geomancy toggikiss and it is crazy powerfull

Eevee edit: Please don't triple post. Go back and edit your last message if you have something to add.

Last edited by a moderator:
Heh, went to edit those Zard entries, ultimately concluded that they needed entire rewrites and was going to reserve said rewrites. Post was deleted before I even could.

On the topic of resos, I assume two at a time. I was really just waiting for someone else to post some before I did some more.

EDIT: Oh, and on that note, reserving Offensive - Mega Charizard X and Offensive - Mega Charizard Y

talonflame is great, his set would be power herb, sky attack, acrobatics, blaze kick, swords dance/bulk up. Basicly increase your attack then sky attack+acrobatics, blaze kick for stab

Suggested changes in bold. Reserving Defensive - Meloetta and Offensive - Flareon

EDIT:

Meloetta
Type: Normal / Psychic
Base Stats: 100 / 77 / 77 / 128 / 128 / 90
Ability: Serene Grace
Important move additions: Boomburst, Recover, Glare, Lovely Kiss

Meloetta's newfound access to reliable recovery allows her to finally put her massive SpD to good use, capable of checking most of the metas special sweepers. Boomburst still hits ridiculously hard even uninvested, making her a great tank, while Glare and Lovely Kiss allow her to provide support, Glare often completely neutering the many speed boosters in the meta.
I undestand that girafarig is chopped liver but it does still exist. It too is a psychic type immune to ghost.

EV

Banned deucer.
I undestand that girafarig is chopped liver but it does still exist. It too is a psychic type immune to ghost.
To be fair, Farfetched exists but no one would consider it when they have Staraptor. And if you want something more STABmons specific, Emolga exists but no one is using that over Thundurus.

Volcarona
Type: Bug / Fire
Base Stats: 85 / 60 / 65 / 135 / 105 / 100
Ability: Swarm / Flame Body
Important Move Additions: Tail Glow / Eruption / Blue Flare

While Quiver Dance on Volcarona has always been threatening, Tail Glow allows it to easily serve as a wallbreaker that roasts most switch-ins. While 100 Base Speed is a letdown, Quiver Dance can be used to boost it to a higher speed tier. It also has the advantage of further increasing its Special Attack and improving its usuable special bulk. Acces to Blue Flare and Eruption give it better Fire STABs that allow it more power than a mere Fire Blast. Its unique typing gives it access to Tail Glow, complemented by a new STAB in Blue Flare. This combination should not be taken lightly, especially if Volcarona has aquired a speed boost. While it is incredibly powerful, it does need a turn to set up a Tail Glow, and yep another if it wants to use Quiver Dance. Therefore it team support is highly appreciated. Giving set-up oppurtunities through moves like Encore and Spore can help, but what it really needs are speed boosts given to it via Baton Pass. When looking for a powerful wallbreaker, look no further than this magnificent moth.

Last edited:

xJownage

okay i do not want to be this guy...but can we please increase the sentence grammar for these entries? there is a difference between it being well readable and it being a bunch of sentence fragments.
not picking on this post in particular, just using it as an example.

Aerodactyl

Aerodactyl is a Pokemon with big room for improvement. Rock Head, Pressure, and Unnerve are all next to useful abilities. STABmons breaks Aerodactyl. Aerodactyl gains two new very powerful STAB moves, Brave Bird and Head Smash. Pair that with Rock Head, and Aerodactyl becomes a dual STAB spamming monster that takes no recoil. For perfect coverage, you can also run Earthquake to nail Steel types. For even more power, you could also Mega Evolve to gain a new Tough Claws ability. Brave Bird's base power becomes 156 before STAB, while Head Smash becomes 195 thanks to the huge boost of power.
this is just the tip of the iceberg, and even with me trying to fix some of the issues it still looks sloppy.
bottom line: please stop using so many fragments in what are supposed to be at least semi-formal posts. Its really getting frustrating now.

OLD GREGG (im back baby)

old gregg for life
Reserving Gourgeist and Braviary.

Gourgeist should be on the defensive threat list and Braviary should be on the offensive threat list, IMO.

Braviary
Type: Normal / Flying
Base Stats: 100 / 123 / 75 / 57 / 75 / 80
Ability: Keen Eye / Sheer Force / Defiant
Important move additions: Belly Drum, Extreme Speed, Acrobatics, Fake Out

Braviary is often overlooked due to being outclassed. This bird has something that Staraptor, Talonflame, and the other more popular birds do not. With the Defiant ability it can take advantage of various stat lowering moves like Parting Shot which brings its attack to +3, Kings Shield which when lowering its attack two stages also raises its attack two stages, and it even gets +1 from Intimidate. It has access to Super Power to hit most steel and rock types super effectively. It has a big problem with Aegislash and really needs fire or ground support to function optimally. Extreme Speed helps out a lot as there are many Pokemon who out speed this bird. Acrobatics is a great way to hit hard without recoil, once the item of choice is used up. Braviary has well above average base attack, allowing it to hit hard even without boosts. Treat it with the right support, prediction, and timing and you have a serious threat.

Gourgeist(Super-Size)
Type: Ghost / Grass
Base Stats: 85 / 100 / 122 / 58 / 75 / 54
Ability: Pickup / Frisk / Insomia(Unreleased)
Important move additions: Spore, Spikey Shield, Synthesis, Aromatherapy

Diggerby has gotten a lot of new toys to play with in STABmons, but is it enough to make the knuckle-eared bunny unstoppable?
Gourgeist doesn't seem to think so...
When combing through Gourgeist's excellent Ghost / Grass movepool it is very hard to pick out just four additional moves that improve its viability. The four I chose seemed to be the most notable for a defensive set. However it has access to a few offensive options as well. Such as Power Whip for some hard hitting Grass STAB action or Shadow Force for the Ghost STAB to break through protect after the opponent's team is cleared of normal types. Having access to a 100% accurate sleep move and semi-reliable recovery through Synthesis makes Gourgeist a very good physical wall. Spikey Shield is a great move that can protect you for a turn, while giving damage to pokemon who make contact with it. Aromatherapy is a great move to support any team with. Has a bad case of 4MSS.

Last edited:
I'd reserve togekiss-offensive

Togekiss
(
too lazy to get a pic )
Type: Fairy / Flying
Abilities: Hustle / Serene Grace / Super Luck ( Released )
Stats: 85 HP / 50 Atk / 95 Def / 120 SAtk / 110 SDef / 80 Spe
Notable additions: Geomancy, Moonblast, Oblivion Wing
Togekiss is certainly a great pokemon, which has the right gears to sweep and to be a general annoyance.
Geomancy is a great asset for it, doubling its already good Special stats and its only decent speed. After then, Togekiss can hit hard and possibily flinch to death enemies with Air Slash, or smash pokemon with Moonblast or coverage. If you find it a better way to go, you can replace Air Slash for Oblivion Wing to provide a strong move which recovers damages that it could have taken.
And, dulcis in fundo, you can even ditch either Moonblast or Coverage for Baton pass, which can be used when Togekiss' work is finished to pass the boost to an even more threatening Sweeper!
But it is not like all finishes there: It can run a powerful Choice set, featuring bone-shattering Stabs like Moonblast and Air Slash / Oblivion Wing, or run a Nasty Plot set for even more power.
Overall, togekiss is a pokemon which should strike fear into you when you see it in the opposition.

Last edited:
Sorry if this comes off as a bit harsh, I'm honestly not trying to be, but I really want to see an improve in quality. Here are some things people are doing / not doing:
  • Don't bold abilities that are best, people should be able to figure it out. (If not, they'll read your post and see which is best anyways.)
  • Please put spaces in-between stats and the like. For example, I want to see 100 / 100 / 100, not 100/100/100. Same with typing Normal / Psychic, not Normal/Psychic. This goes for abilities as well, if you missed it: Rock Head / Pressure, not Rock Head/Pressure. This really bothers me and I don't like having to fix it.
  • Please refrain from using 'he' or 'she', for example, Meloetta is genderless, so it's classified as 'it'; I don't care how feminine it looks, it's not a girl. The same goes for anything else, for example: "With Oblivion Wing, Charizard can now recover health effectively, making him harder to take down" should be "With Oblivion Wing, Charizard now can recover health effectively, making it harder to take down". Got it?
  • Please please please, I'm begging, have experience with the Pokemon you reserve, don't be this guy: "I will take Charizard because I like it :D" No, that won't fly well with me. I'm going to start re-assigning Pokemon if I feel it lacks quality or the poster lacks experience, from now on.
Now, onto the Pokemon themselves:
  • Defensive – Meloetta (Adonzo):
    • Mention its typing is good for walling and that it can handle strong special attackers, etc. Also, remove all 'her' (see above).
  • Offensive – Flareon (Adonzo):
    • "handily OHKOing almost anything it touches" This is not a correct generalization, please change it to reflect how it hits a lot of things extremely hard and even dents resists. Don't forget to mention that Superpower allows it to break through Rock-types, unlike other Fire-types. Also, remove all 'him' (see above).
  • Offensive – Diggersby (ssneak)
    • Remove mentions of OU, this is STABmons, I don't really care how it works in OU. " Also new, Extreme Speed. A priority move better than Quick Attack in power and speed." Just combine this and mention it outspeeds other +1 priority. Remove all mention of Cheek Pouch. Honestly, this one needs to be rewritten, thus, it is being re-assigned.
  • Offensive – Aerodactyl (ssneak)
    • Re-assigning. Either re-write this entirely or I'm going to give it to somebody else, this needs to be fixed a lot.
  • Offensive – Azumarill (TM13IceBeam)
    • Pretty good, but, again, remove mentions of 'he' and all of about OU.
  • Offensive – Volcarona (insanelegend)
    • This is actually really good, however, "Its unique typing ( outside of Larvesta )" remove the Larvesta portion. The only thing in need of fixing is grammar, a lot of it is incorrect and some portions are awkward.
  • Offensive – Braviary (Old_Gregg)
    • This is a good summary of Braviary, but it is very awkward and lacks any flow. Please rewrite this to make this flow, for example: "Which when switching into a parting shot will give it a free 2.5x attack boost, when an Intimidate user is brought into Braviary it gets a free 1.5x attack boost, and also notable is that when the random King's Shield is used to protect something from Braviary's onslaught it doesn't even phase this bird." would sound much better like "Which, when switching into Parting Shot, gains Braviary +3 Attack. Intimidate and King's Shield also do not affect Braviary very much, as Defiant ignores these drops and instead makes them boosts."
  • Defensive – Gourgeist (Old_Gregg)
    • Remove mentions of Cotton Guard, it really sucks. Emphasise how great Spore is to cripple Pokemon and how it is a fantastic check to Diggersby, something not many Pokemon can boast. Rewrite this to reflect this and improve your grammar.
Please take all of this into consideration, as everything can be improved upon. I just want this project to be the best it can be (it also saves me time from having to edit it all later), thanks guys, keep up the good work :>!

P.S: JustAMan – Offensive Togekiss or Defensive Togekiss?

Also, I'll be reserving Offensive – Diggersby.

xJownage

Aerodactyl

Aerodactyl has always been a pokemon of potential. The weakness of its STABs on its mediocre attack was its main downfall. Well now that is all over. STABmons was a blessing for the prehistoric bird, granting it two extremely spammable stabs, head smash and brave bird, that allow it to make full use of its ability rock head. head smash and brave bird, backed by STAB, are now extremely powerful, and can dent some of the bulkiest walls in stabmons. Aerodactyl also has access to stealth rock, meaning it can give nice team support, and earthquake can round off the coverage nicely. Aerodactyl also has another way to hit even harder. Its mega evolution gains another 30 attack points, and it gains the ability tough claws, giving another 1.3x boost to its new powerful stabs. It loses rock head, however, so it is a bit suicidal, but who can turn down a base 297.5 power head smash off of base 135? This makes Aerodactyl one of the best suicide rock setters in the tier, and maybe the most feared dedicated lead in all of stabmons.

can somebody pm me the pic for aero please? i cant access it on my phone.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)