Ladder STABmons (the old one)

Status
Not open for further replies.
/me catches Bidoof with free Safari Ball. Yeah, I got this from sample teams not the RMT though. I have a few critiques though (but why would you post a team for others who could play you, if you didnt make it beatable?). I would change Rocks for Roost on Lando, or change something else as this is a defensive set. I am not a huge fan of Chansey, but it serves its purpose. Maybe change something on Sableye to Topsy-Turvy to beat the set up mons like GeoKiss and SD Diggersby that are common in STABmons. Great team though

/me catches Bidoof with free Safari Ball. Yeah, I got this from sample teams not the RMT though. I have a few critiques though (but why would you post a team for others who could play you, if you didnt make it beatable?). I would change Rocks for Roost on Lando, or change something else as this is a defensive set. I am not a huge fan of Chansey, but it serves its purpose. Maybe change something on Sableye to Topsy-Turvy to beat the set up mons like GeoKiss and SD Diggersby that are common in STABmons. Great team though
Yeah, the sets are interchangeable according to your play style. I usually have both Rocks and Roost on Lando. You can also use a Skarmory in place of Lando to serve more or less the same purpose. Consult the RMT here. Critiques are always welcome.

And there's no point in hiding a team just so you can keep winning with it. I always just aim to understand an OM and try to build a great team for it. As soon as I do, I make an RMT.

Last edited:
So I've been following this thread for a while, and I came across the part where Eevee said that this guy

is going to be instabanned. And I thought, "That's a crying shame." Because this guy has a pretty good niche. Of course, there's the cancerous set...
Altaria @ Altarianite
Ability: Cloud Nine --> Pixilate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Shell Smash
- Boomburst
- Fire Blast
- Spacial Rend

but there's also a really interesting pair of non-cancerous sets that could carve out a good niche in this meta, them being...
Altaria @ Altarianite
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Fake Out
- Extreme Speed
- Earthquake
- filler

and...
Altaria @ Altarianite
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Shell Smash / Belly Drum
- ExtremeSpeed
- Earthquake
- Filler

These two non-cancerous sets could actually be Extreme Speed users that don't fear Sableye, due to having the strongest Fairy-type priority in the game (Pixilate Extreme Speed from 70+ Base Attack). I really want to use these sets, but I'm afraid that the cancerous set will get M-Altaria banned!
That's why I'm proposing an alternative solution.

UNBAN SYLVEON, BUT COMPLEX BAN PIXILATE + BOOMBURST.

Some people may be thinking, "But there's Techno Blast!" Well, there's a couple of problems with that line of thinking.
1: Techno Blast is less powerful. It may not make a difference in your minds, but see for yourself the calcs.
252+ SpA Pixilate Sylveon Boomburst vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Mew: 289-342 (84.7 - 100.2%) -- 6.3% chance to OHKO
252+ SpA Pixilate Sylveon Techno Blast vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Mew: 249-294 (73 - 86.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
More relevant calcs...
+2 252+ SpA Pixilate Sylveon Boomburst vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Bronzong: 188-222 (55.6 - 65.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
+2 252+ SpA Pixilate Sylveon Techno Blast vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Bronzong: 161-190 (47.6 - 56.2%) -- 28.9% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

2: Techno Blast doesn't go through Substitutes, which is a godsend for any sweeper that wants to avoid Sableye with a Sub.
3: Sylveon does and Mega Altaria will have a much-overlooked defensive side, but that defensive side is very good. Removing M-Altaria from the meta means removing the only hard stop to Mega Charizard X and Mega Charizard Y.
252+ Atk Tough Claws Mega Charizard X V-create vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Dragon/Fairy Altaria with +20 base Defense: 144-170 (40.6 - 48%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
252 SpA Mega Charizard Y Blue Flare vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Dragon/Fairy Altaria with +20 base Special Defense in Sun: 153-180 (43.2 - 50.8%) -- 3.1% chance to 2HKO

So, consider this solution, please. #FREEMEGAALTARIA

pretty sure the instaban comment was a joke. i imagine m-altaria will get its fair shake, even if for a short time. while of course we don't know its stats yet, I think theres a solid chance that its SpA won't be as high as Sylveon's, and it doesn't have Sylveon's wealth of item options (White Herb, Earth Plate, Specs, LO, Leftovers) due to being a mega.

The Eevee General and I were discussing the uses of Cobalion. It has decent bulk, a neat typing, high Speed, and is a wonderful offensive Diggersby check. We brought up how Terrakion appears to outclass it mainly, it to being a Diggersby check; however, Diggersby 2HKOes Terrakion with Choice Band Extreme Speed with a bit of prior damage. Cobalion, however, is never 2HKOed by Diggersby's Extreme Speed and it can even use King's Shield to lower Diggersby's Attack in some instances. Some useful moves Cobalion now has access to include King's Shield, Drain Punch, and Gear Grind. What are your thoughts on Cobalion? Does it have uses? Is it utterly outclassed?

Last edited:
Talonflame @ Apicot Berry
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Acrobatics
- Belly Drum
- Sacred Fire
- Natural Gift

Here is a set that I have been using to lure in 2 of talonflame's best counters those being ttar and Heatran. If you do not know the apicot berry makes the move natural gift a 100 bp ground-type move. This makes talonflame have essentially no counters but then again it is a one time use move.

xJownage

Even pendulums swing both ways
Talonflame @ Apicot Berry
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Acrobatics
- Belly Drum
- Sacred Fire
- Natural Gift

Here is a set that I have been using to lure in 2 of talonflame's best counters those being ttar and Heatran. If you do not know the apicot berry makes the move natural gift a 100 bp ground-type move. This makes talonflame have essentially no counters but then again it is a one time use move.
Quagsire says hi

actually if you pair this with a goth...

I've made a MAggron set with the only inclusions being Shift Gear, and Diamond Storm (love dat chance of raisin stats), to compliment T-Wave and Iron Head.
1. T-Wave
2. Shift Gear
3. Flinchax with Iron Head
4. Use Diamond Storm for coverage.
tell me what pokemon would benefit this the most counter-wise, and what it's counters are!

xJownage

Even pendulums swing both ways
I dont think it is game breaking, but...fucks up stall i guess??? I really want to test that. I think that using a shift gear set with diamond storm, heavy slam / gear grind / w/e steel stab, and EQ/bullet punch would be good as i dont feel comfortable trying to paraflinch without serene grace.

The lack of sableye makes me want to use all kinds of espeed-proof sweepers with grass moves to fuck up all the stall teams going around. Honestly idk why offense never adapted to stall, it has so many toys stall should be very difficult. Gothitelle is never used, and wallbreakers like banded kyu-b (who has no switch-ins if it runs earth power) destroy most of the common builds (and get a kill anytime they come in).

Shift Gear Metagross sounds nice, good bulk and normal resist , good coverage( Psycho Cut, TPunch EQ), etc.

Some Calcs:
+1 252+ Atk Metagross Thunder Punch vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Skarmory: 158-186 (47.3 - 55.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
252+ Atk Metagross Earthquake vs. 248 HP / 0 Def Heatran: 472-556 (122.5 - 144.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+1 252+ Atk Metagross Psycho Cut vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Keldeo: 422-500 (130.6 - 154.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+1 252+ Atk Metagross Ice Punch vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Landorus-T: 428-504 (112 - 131.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO
4 Atk Landorus-T Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Metagross: 236-282 (64.8 - 77.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)