STABmons+

EV

Banned deucer.
STABmons

Welcome to STABmons+! What does that "+" stand for, you ask? Well, it takes regular STABmons and pushes it to ridiculous levels of insanity. It frees up some "locked" features as well, things that you'll see below in the rules. Some may say it's the Ubers version of STABmons, but it's even more than that. Keep reading to see why!

+Rules
  • Standard STABmons rules with the following exceptions:
    1. Mega Pokemon can now lend their typing to their base forme! For example, Gyarados sails in with every Dark move along with Water and Flying!
    2. Forme changes are completely transferable! That means Spore Rotom-W has finally arrived!
    3. Ubers are now unleashed! Mega Rayquaza isn't Uber!
    4. Generation jumping is allowed! Send out the Belly Drum Togekiss!
    5. Unreleased Pokemon and moves are released! Thousand Arrows the world to dust!
For specific details, click the hide tag down below!

+Clauses
  • Sleep, OHKO, Species, Evasion, Moody, Swagger, Endless Battle, and Baton Pass clauses are in effect.
  • Sketch is still banned except on Smeargle. All previously banned Pokemon and moves in STABmons are unbanned.
  • Arceus must hold the respective Plate to unlock all moves of that type. So to run Dark Void, you need a Dread Plate.
Mega Type Reverse Lending

Forme Type Transfer

Generation Jumping

That's all folks! Good luck, have fun!

If we missed anything, let us know in the thread!

Last edited:
This looks amazing! 1 thing though, what about arceus? Does it get only get moves from the form it is in right then?

Ok let's see what's new
we have thousand arrows on every ground type nice addition
Hoopa unbound+sucker punch/agility=truck.
Primal groudon+Vcreate+thousand arrows=bigger truck

This looks amazing! 1 thing though, what about arceus? Does it get only get moves from the form it is in right then?
Yes, so if it's in Dark form, it only learns Dark-type moves and can not pass to anything else. Otherwise, Arceus would learn everything on any forme!

dhelmise

everything is embarrassing
is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Programmeris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
Social Media Head
mfw no approval

but seriously, I am so hyped for this. I'm already making a team :x

So you're telling me pdon can use vcreate, sacred fire, and 1k arrows

Balanced

EDIT: thank the lord that is TEG

Every geomancy user can now step aside (except sylveon) now that the original user is back.

Darkrai sucks even more, hurrah!

All those banned megas in STABmons don't seem to be making much of a comeback here. Loounny maybe?

I'd like to see how different arceus is from diggersby. Much more bulk and speed but forgoes ground and is a bit less powerful, iirc they both get the same coverage.

Last edited:
+unfixable ♥: I think Primal Groudon
+unfixable ♥: needs to go
+unfixable ♥: lol
+unfixable ♥: v-create / t-arrows on the best ubers pokemon
+unfixable ♥: is not okay
%Eevee General: primal doesn't transfer ?_?
%Eevee General: groudon is only ground
+unfixable ♥: it doesn't??
+unfixable ♥: ;_;
+unfixable ♥: rip sweet prince

Rejoice!

how about v-create blaziken
that might just be a little broken
+2 252+ Atk Mega Blaziken V-create vs. 248 HP / 216+ Def Rotom-W: 266-313 (87.7 - 103.3%) -- 25% chance to OHKO
ok not realy but still it essentialy becomes a closecombat move on him

Kangaskhan-Mega (F) @ Kangaskhanite
Ability: Parental Bond
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- ExtremeSpeed
- Power-Up Punch
- Crunch
- Super Fang/Protect

Evs could be changed, but this is an amazing pokemon. It can get to +2 and destroy everything very easily. It can run protect to avoid being worn down by fake out users, or run super fang to beat every wall in the game in 2 turns (except giratina)

EV

Banned deucer.
how about v-create blaziken
that might just be a little broken
+2 252+ Atk Mega Blaziken V-create vs. 248 HP / 216+ Def Rotom-W: 266-313 (87.7 - 103.3%) -- 25% chance to OHKO
The best part is no Speed drops thanks to Speed Boost!
Kangaskhan-Mega (F) @ Kangaskhanite
Ability: Parental Bond
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- ExtremeSpeed
- Power-Up Punch
- Crunch
- Super Fang/Protect

Evs could be changed, but this is an amazing pokemon. It can get to +2 and destroy everything very easily. It can run protect to avoid being worn down by fake out users, or run super fang to beat every wall in the game in 2 turns (except giratina)
And to think it used to be usable in Normal STABmons!

Super fang will keep reducing in power. If you can 2hko giratina-a w/o any boosts then... RIP meta, but I doubt that.

you half to be at plus 4 to do that
as for lugia
+6 252 Atk Kangaskhan Crunch vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Multiscale Lugia: 169-199 (40.6 - 47.8%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
it can just roost off the damage indefinitly--baring an untimly deffense drop

mega mewtwo with HJK could be fun though i'm not sure weather it is better than low kick in genral

Last edited:
Bulky w. super fang (it even gets recovery now!) seems to be ideal. No mon has the niche of 2hko'ing almost every mon without much offensive investment, while plenty of mons can have the setup power of mkanga. Trying to mix the two has it strapped for moveslots.

Bulky w. super fang (it even gets recovery now!) seems to be ideal. No mon has the niche of 2hko'ing almost every mon without much offensive investment, while plenty of mons can have the setup power of mkanga. Trying to mix the two has it strapped for moveslots.
Not sure what you mean by "No mon has the niche of 2hko'ing almost every mon without much offensive investment." Super fang will reduce the hp of the other pokemon by 75%, and then you can kill it afterwards. The only thing you cant do this too is giratina, skarmory, and regirock I guess?

Woops, I meant no other mon, meaning mkanga is the only mon w. that niche. How much att does she need to deal 25% arc steel with espeed anyway...

Also, please, for the love of all that is competitive, don't use chatter

flying arc will chatter rip meta <3
it gonna take alot to make to stop so much op things that arent even found yet
the choices are huge ;-;

Dialga @ Life Orb / Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 SpD
Modest Nature
- Doom Desire
- Spacial Rend
- King's Shield / Fire blast
- Stealth Rock

Here's a fun little set to get you guys started! Dialga looks to be a great Pokemon in this metagame thanks to its insanely powerful Doom Desire, which is sure to shuffle the metagame up. It's like a more improved Heatran, ya know? Spacial Rend is chosen over Draco Meteor because then Doom Desire will be weaker, as it takes the user's Special Attack on turn of hit. King's Shield will be so good with stuff like Arceus, Mega Kangaskhan, and Mega Altaria running rampant. Sure, Boomburst may be a concern, but I believe Dialga can bulk through. Stealth's Rock is able to support its team and is a useful move in general. So yeah. Go Dialga! :D

Also, there is a STABmons+ tour in the OM room right now! Come join! http://play.pokemonshowdown.com/othermetas

Ok so max attack mkanga barely does 25% with crunch (using a type that resists normal) to max HP arceus. Not as good/broken as I thought considering it'll just WoW if it's defensive. Still very good though.

Maybe I'm going crazy, but shell smash mkanga doesn't seem too bad.

It's going to be very hard to check setup in this meta, I feel. I blame power creep.

Also, close combat > HJK.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)