Stage 3-2 Vote

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jumpman16

np: Michael Jackson - "Mon in the Mirror" (DW mix)
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
103 votes of 132 so far as of this post, won't have to wait much longer...

Garchomp -OU
Latias - OU
Manaphy - OU

For Garchomp, I based my rating on my personal experience with it. It seems to me to be no different from Salamence and Dragonite in terms of stopping it. You just need a scarfed check like Scarf Latias or Scarf Starmie to either Draco Meteor or Ice Beam them into oblivion. As far as I'm concerned, the same people that are completely destroyed by DD Mence are the same people who are beaten by Garchomp. The only thing that made voting OU hard was its ablity, which sometimes allows a Garchomp sweep due to hax. However, we have not banned other pokes for this reason, so I don't see a reason to start now.

Regarding Latias, with it's subpar Special Attack, it's not so damaging to teams that it deserves to be raised back to Uber status. With Soul Dew, it becomes something truly devastating, but in OU there is no need to worry about it. All of the sets are easily countered, and it remains the single greatest Infernape check known to man :)

For the third, Manaphy, the voting was once again easy. Although it has considerable bulk, it's mid-level speed allows it to be quickly countered, even in rain. I had absolutely no problems facing it in Suspect, and I didn't see it sweep much vs other teams.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)