ORAS OU Stall? Chansey+M-Sableye

Is Chansey + M-Sableye a good synergy?

• Total voters
Hello everyone. This is my first stall team and I'm nervous about showing to everyone. Don't hate... please. So without further ado, let's give a quick look at the team!

I built this team around M-Sableye and Chansey because I thought it was a good synergy. M-Sableye is weak to Fairy, which are usually Special-Attackers. Chansey sponges special attacks but is weak to fighting and physical attacks, which M-Sableye covers.

Sableye-Mega @ Sablenite
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Recover
- Knock Off
- Flatter
- Shadow Ball

Ahh. M-Sableye aka King of Stall. Magic Bounce is bounces back everything and is a huge annoyance. The EVs are just for sponging Physical attacks. Knock Off is neccesary for stall, removing key items from Pokemon. Flatter is one of my favourite moves. It isn't banned, unlike Swagger, but almost does the same thing! Shadow Ball is to rack up some more damage on opponents.

Chansey (F) @ Eviolite
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Toxic
- Soft-Boiled
- Heal Bell
- Wish

Chansey. The beast of the wall. On a side note, I have used Chansey to take down a M-Salamance 1v1 in a battle once. This is how I like to run Chansey. The ultimate SpA wall. Toxic is for wearing down opponents, Soft-Boiled for boiling eggs healing, Heal Bell for being an amazing cleric, and a Wish for passing wishes.Wow that's a lot of roles.

Starmie @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 128 Def / 4 SpA / 128 SpD
Calm Nature
- Recover
- Rapid Spin
- Scald
- Reflect Type

Starmie is one of my favourite Spinners. Natural Cure is amazing in stall. The EVs were recommended on Smogon and they work pretty well. Scald is for the burn and Reflect Type is for messing momentum up on the opposing team.

Latias @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Levitate
Shiny: Yes
Bold Nature
- Defog
- Draco Meteor
- Recover
- Calm Mind

Who hates Latias? Latias is one of my favourite Pokemon. I put on a Rocky Helmet because I need to go mining soon to rack up some extra damage. Latias is also my spare hazard remover with Defog. Calm Mind is to boost my already amazing SpD and Draco Meteor is for killing any potential wallbreakers.

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Toxic
- Earthquake
- Knock Off
- Roost

By now you would've realized all my damage comes from Toxic. What is immune to Toxic? Poison and Steel. What is good against both Poison and Steel? Ground. Hello Gliscor. This set is designed to both wall and attack Poison and Steels. Like all my other sets, I have Toxic, Knock Off, and a healing move (Roost here).

Thundurus (M) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Knock Off
- Taunt
- Toxic

WHAT? No Thunder Wave? Yep. This set is for getting set up sweepers with priority taunt and priority toxic. Intresting... I made this a defensive Thundurus to have a nice balance (3 defensive 'mons and 3 SpDefesive 'mons). Focus Sash is for a nice backup in case I do something stupid.

And there you have it! That's my stall team. Steel types are still a threat. Does anyone have any suggestions? I hope it wasn't too newbie and boring and thank you for taking the time to read this lengthy RMT. letterman4 signing out!

This team contains some inspiring sets chansey+sableye are so hard to get down on there own so figure them together :O

I think this team can be a real annoyance to face in battle, however since steel types are pretty common in OU you might need an extra check for them.
I would suggest putting HP Fire on Latias (for Ferro ,Bisharp and Scizor ) since you don't really need defog because starmie is your designated spinner. Also, defog gets rid of your own entry hazards as well which is not preferable. I'm also unsure about the item on latias, I cannot take physical moves whatsoever so I would suggest putting lefties / life orb on there.

I really like the sable-eye set because it's something different, but I would like to suggest to change it up a bit. Calm mind + will-o instead of knock off + flatter (set below). It's more common and It can hit normal types with will-o (example mega-lopunny)

If your prefer defog on one of your pokes, it's better to give it to gliscor , 'cause it doesn't force bisharp switches(defiant).

Hope this will help you out!

Sets:
Latias @ Rocky Helmet Leftovers
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpD / 252 SpA
Modest
- Defog Hidden Power Fire
- Draco Meteor
- Recover
- Calm Mind

before calm mind :
252+ SpA Life Orb Latias Hidden Power Fire vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Bisharp: 224-265 (82.3 - 97.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
212+ Atk Choice Band Scizor U-turn vs. 72 HP / 0 Def Latias: 402-474 (126 - 148.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ SpA Life Orb Latias Hidden Power Fire vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Ferrothorn: 218-260 (61.9 - 73.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

After 1 calm mind:
+1 252+ SpA Life Orb Latias Hidden Power Fire vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Bisharp: 335-395 (123.1 - 145.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+1 252+ SpA Life Orb Latias Hidden Power Fire vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Ferrothorn: 322-385 (91.4 - 109.3%) -- 56.3% chance to OHKO

Sableye-Mega @ Sablenite
Sassy Nature
- Recover
- Calm Mind
- Will-O Wisp
- Shadow Ball​

This is a very decent team with a lot of potential. Nervertheless there are quite a few changes I would suggest:

First of all you are running a MSableye+Chansey core which is pretty standard for full stall teams. Because of that drop Latias and especially Thundurus, as they are way to offensive and do not really fit into stall teams in general.

Moreover change some of your sets:

Like Juridisch advies already said change your sableye to a CM variant. Altough Flatter sounds intresting CM is probably more reliable.

In addition to that run a spread of 4 HP / 252 Def / 252 SpD with a Bold Nature on Chansey. Chansey has either way really good special bulk. So it is adviceable to make Chansey as physical bulky as possible.
You could also replace Heal Bell with Toxic, as your team does not really benefit from it (Sableye has Magic bounce, Chansey and Starmie Natural Cure and Gliscor is already poisened). You would just free your Gliscor from poison and make it this way vulnerable to Knock Off.

After removing Latias from your team Stamie could be your new Keldeo check. Therefore use Psyshock over Reflect Type.
Furthermore you should run a spread of 248 HP / 16 SpD / 244 Spe with a Timid Nature. The speed investment is necessary to outspeed a huge amount of fast threats such as Gengar, Keldeo etc. while the remaining EVs are put into HP and SpD to maximize Starmie’s bulk.

Gliscor is a pretty good choice for stall teams, because it can function as a reliable stallbreaker. I would suggest this set:

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
EVs: 244 HP / 192 SpD / 72 Spe
Careful Nature
- Swords Dance
- Roost
- Knock Off
- Earthquake

The SpD EVs help you to beat Gengar (non Icy Wind variants!) and Landorus (non HP Ice variants) which are both big problems for stall teams in general.
This set is normally used to break opposing defensive Mons or entire stall teams. Most defensive Pokemon can not touch Gliscor because they are not able to 2HKO or status it, thanks to Poison Heal. Thus, it can often boost up to +6 and clean the rest of the team.

Looking at your current team (MegaSableye/ Chansey/ Starmie/ Gliscor) Charizard X, Talonflame and Bisharp seem to be big issues. You also have no Stealth Rock Setter. So automatically physical defensiv Hippowdon came into my mind to solve all these problems (except stallbreak Talonflame which is still a problem):

Hippowdon @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Force
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Slack Off
- Stealth Rock

For the last slot I would suggest a fairy check. In addition to that you need a switch in for dragon attacks. Bulky Steel types such as Jirachi, Bronzong or Heatran can do the job. Unaware Clefable is an option, too.

In the end just a minor detail: Set the Attack IVs on your special attackers to 0 to decrease foul play and confusion damage.

Hope I could help you.

Also this link might be helpful: http://www.smogon.com/smog/issue39/sableye-stalling-ou

Sorry I haven't replied. I was busy with school.
Here are the changes I will make:
My Sableye to Calm Mind Sableye
Latias to SRock Hippodown
Chansey EV change
Chansey's Heal Bell to Knock Off?
Starmie Reflect Type to Psyshock
Defog Gliscor to Swords Dance Gliscor
Thundurus to Bronzong? Heatproof and it's typing helps me deal with Talonflame.
And IVs of SpAttackers to 0

Thanks so much for all your help! I thought this would be looked upon as a very beginner team. :toast:

I'm typing from mobile so I won't write a lot but i think belly drum azumarill is a problem for your team. A BIG PROBLEM. Like it can set up on everything except Thundurus and OHKO everything.
Get something against that my advice is remove latias since it's not doing anything that chansey can't and you don't need defog and rapid spin ( thats kind of an overkill ) so either Latias or Starmie should be removed and replace it for a check for that thing. I think Unware Quagsire might do the job and it is a good toxic staller as well.

I will point out 1 thing for now. You have a glaring fairy weakness. I'm not sure how much you want to change your team, but I thought you should know.

Edit: one more thing: flatter is completely outclassed by will o wisp, and even after that, by confuse ray. There's no point in giving free boost to an opponent:)

Mega NO Body mentioned an important point I completly overlooked when I rated your team for the first time: Belly Drum Azumarril can sweep your entire team. So maybe you could replace Hippowdon with Unaware Quagsire. They basically have the same role but due to Unaware Quagsire can handle Set Up Sweeper better. Unfortunately Quagsire is not as bulky as Hippo and is even 2HKOed by some common physical attackers like Mega Pinsir, Mega Gallade, banded Azu, etc.
This is one of the biggest issues when playing stall: You can’t counter everything. Every stall team loses to one or two specific Pokemon. So you either have to play very careful around these aforementioned threats or you accept the fact that BD Azu beats you.
If you choose to run Quagsire over Hippo, you also need a new Stealth Rocker, as Qaugsire can’t learn them. Bronzong or Chansey can do this job.

I also recognized that your team struggles with CM Clefable as your only fairy check, Bronzong, can not even 3HKO Clef. Therefore I suggest running specially defensive Jirachi over Bronzong. In this case Jirachi could be your Rocker.

Another big treat I regognized is Manaphy. The Tail Glow + Rain Dance Set even beats Chansey 1on1. But to be honest I don’t know how to solve this problem. Manaphy has such a great Movepool (Scald, Energyball, Ice Beam, Psychic, HP Fire). It’s very difficult to counter all of it‘s Sets. The only Mon that potentially can deal with it is Unaware Clefable. However, even Clefable loses to Rain Dance Manaphy after a Scald burn and if you run Clef you have to drop one of your current team members what leads to new weaknesses. As you can see I am somewhat at a loss at this point.

I hope I could still help you.

styie

Formerly known as Freedom.
Hey cool team!

First off, I would like to say that as much as BD Azumarill is a problem to your team it's not that bad, if you had priority thunder wave on your thundurus as it just gives you more room to better deal with it; so try this set:

Thundurus (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 SpAtk / 252 Spe / 4 HP
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power Ice
- Taunt
- Thunder Wave

You need HP Ice to better deal with Gliscor/Lando-T/I as Landorus-I can hurt your team if not run right through it and sweep after your team has been weakened to the point where it can just RP or even CM and sweep. Also, I don't get why you would have toxic over thunder wave for setup sweepers! They can easily setup, then once you switch into thundy, and go for taunt they can freely attack and get a kill or predict you and setup. Especially zard-x.

You also have a Latias that can live any type of Aqua Jet from +6 BD Azu and you can ohko it with a Psyshock, so that isn't really too much of a threat. On to the Sets, you have Rapid Spin and a defogger. If you plan on keeping both mons, try replacing your Latias to this set:

Latias @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 SpAtk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hidden Power Fire
- Draco Meteor
- Recover
- Calm Mind

This set still sticks to your original CM set but it lures Aegis (for Suspect Ladder) and also alleviates your Steel type problem as a secondary. Also, I've seen this before but totally not all that common, I've seen a DD Latias with EQ for trans and an amazing Sweeper/Late-Game cleaner. Just a thought though it's not all that common, it's still effective.

Now on to your Chansey. This thing gets absolutely shut down by Ghost Types // Taunt Users // and Gothitelle. Gothitelle shits on Chansey regardless, but you need Seismic Toss on Chansey for means of attacking. try this set:

Chansey (F) @ Eviolite
Calm Nature
- Seismic Toss
- Soft-Boiled
- Stealth Rock
- Wish

I say this set best fits your team due to the following reason(s):

• Your team lacks Stealth Rocks and basically every competitive team needs SR.
  • Your team doesn't need a cleric because half your mons either A) Half of your mons lose their status after they switch out or permanently need it, such as Gliscor. or B) don't have much longevity such as thundurus or they're name is Mega-Sab and the Magic Bounce helps a lot so your team lives longer. or C) Your Gliscor gets knocked off and you use heal bell, now your Gliscor doesn't last as long due to poison heal being the major help that Gliscor needs to last longer in battle.

Now on to Gliscor himself: I feel that you have no means of really switching into Gengar and this Gliscor set would help somewhat alleviate that problem:

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
EVs: 244 HP / 192 SpD / 72 Spe
Careful Nature
- Taunt
- Roost
- Knock Off / Toxic
- Earthquake

what this set does is not only help against opposing stall teams, but it helps against CM Clefable, and A somewhat switchin to Gengar and a possible check to Tornadus-T depending on it's set and if it's physical or Special Attacker.

On to Your Mega-Sableye: I feel your current set isn't competitive or really fit on a stall team, try using CM Mega Sableye because most teams either A) Don't Prepare or B) Have limited switch-ins. Try this set:

Sableye-Mega @ Sablenite
Sassy Nature
- Recover
- Calm Mind
- Will-O-Wisp
- Shadow Ball

Now your Mega-Sableye and Chansey should be a bit harder to break down. That's all for my Rate, other than that, very cool team man.

Hope I helped :]

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)