XY OU Stalling all day(Peaked 32 on the ladder)

Hey everyone, welcome to my new newest RMT! I've been playing Stall since i joined competitive battling and after a lot of trials and errors was finally able to break 1700s. This team is by far my most succesful one until now, currently it peaked 1863 or 32 on the ladder, may not be much for some ppl but it is for me :)

Team Preview

In Depth

Amoonguss @ Black Sludge

Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 192 Def / 68 SpD
Bold Nature
- Foul Play
- Clear Smog
- Giga Drain
- Spore

Man, I love this guy so much, it just shits on (almost) any kind of Keldeo, Clefable, Azumarril, Rotom-W and M-Gyara. He can also check Thundy(bar HP flying), Terrakion and other stuff as well. He has decent defenses, great HP, good typing and regenerator to back it up. Foul Play is it's main way to kill things like SubDD Gyara and boosters, it also deals good damage to Latios on the switch, Clear Smog craps on any setup sweeper that can't OHKO amoong or use Sub(looking at you BD Azu). Giga Drain is it's main stab and the recovery is nice, Spore to shut down anything that can be problematic(usually on the switch). He doesn't care too much about his item, making him perfect to even switch on Rotom's Trick or Azu's Knock Off. His EVs are to make him be able to counter BD azu after rocks, the rest in on SDef to check Thundurus/Raikou

Mew @ Leftovers

Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 248 HP / 244 Def / 16 Spe
Impish Nature
- Taunt
- Will-O-Wisp
- Roost
- Knock Off

Mew is an awesome guy, checks most physicall attackers, counters M-Medi and a ton of other stuff i can't remember, even Bisharp that likes to switch in gets crippled by a burn, this guy just spreads burns everywhere and then take out the mon's item to cripple it even more! It also does very well against opposing Stall teams, Taunt+WoW destroys many stall mon's, like Chansey, Skarmory, Ferrothorn... It's EVs are to make him as physically bulky as possible while outspeeding Adamant Bisharp. It's worth mentioning that I've found a lot of teams weak to this Mew, after he switches in, it's hard to force him out. Maybe I should change it's EVs spread to specially defensive or a faster one?

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb

Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 244 HP / 176 SpD / 88 Spe
Careful Nature
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Roost
- Toxic

Gliscor is my usual lead, he's also my counter to M-Hera and Lando, 2 giant threats to stall. Earthquake is it's main STAB and helps killing Heatran(which is an usual lead too), Stealth Rocks are pretty obvious I guess... Roost is his reliable recovery and helps when stalling Lando and M-Hera, Toxic puts anything that's not steel/poison on a timer, and it's stalled out by Gliscor, many Deffogers get stalled out by him, such as Mandibuzz, Latias(Latios is too dangerous) and Zapdos. His EVs are to make him outspeed 44 Spe Stallbreaker Mew and some M-heras(216 speed ev ones, 60 spe evs on Gliscor is enough for him) and have enough SpD to counter Lando-I, Idk how much speed i should run on it, if you have any suggestion please reply. I'm considering Knock Off>EQ to help against stallbreaker gengar, but EQ is very useful so it doesn't become setup bait to bish, heatran...

Chansey (F) @ Eviolite

Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spe
Bold Nature
- Seismic Toss
- Toxic
- Aromatherapy
- Soft-Boiled

Chansey is the team's cleric and main special wall, she is also my Latios, non-Outrage Kyu-B, and special mons in general(even things like Nidoking and Exploud can rip this team without her) counter, she checks M-Garde which is a huge problem for my team. She also forms a great core with Skarmory(SkarmChan). Seismic Toss is used for killing weakened mons and prevent her from being Taunt bait, Toxic puts a ton of things on a timer and is her main way of killing, Aromatherapy heals the entire team's status, even though is kind of counterproductive with Gliscor it's still great, SoftBoiled is recovery. Before you go crazy on my EV spread, it's to handle physical hits better, specially Psyshock from M-Garde and Latios.

Skarmory @ Rocky Helmet

Ability: Sturdy
Bold Nature
- Counter
- Taunt
- Defog
- Roost

Skarmory is the team's deffoger and physical wall, he handles many physical threats with ease, such as Excadrill, Landorus-T, M-Pinsir... He's also part of the SkarmChan core. Counter is his main way of killing, a lot of setup sweepers like Dnite try to attack Skarm and end up getting KOd in the process, even Bisharp can't switch on defog and attack him, because Skarm survives and KOs back, Sturdy helps a lot with this too, surviving otherwise fatal blows and OHKOing back. Taunt's main use is to stop setup sweepers that try to setup on skarm, then KO or take a huge chunck of life from the sweeper, and it also helps after deffoging, some SR setters come to try to replace the hazards, Taunt ensures this won't happen. Defog is for hazard control and Roost is for recovery. Skarmory doesn't come many times during the match unless it has to defog(which is not always necessary because I can use the enemy's Defog) or something that threatens the rest of the team.
Rock Helmet helps wearing down physical attackers and specially voltturn cores, since u-turn doesn't do nothing to it

Alomomola @ Leftovers

Bold Nature
- Scald
- Protect
- Wish
- Toxic

I tried a lot of bulky waters, but mola is by far the best one overall, she handles both Talonflame and Zard X and is a great wall, she also forms a good regenerator core with Amoong and her wishes can help to heal a crippled mon. Scald is her main STAB, so it's not taunt bait and can spread burns that helps a lot, Toxic is her main way of killing mons(burns take way too much time) and cripple fire types such as Tflame and ZardX, Protect helps stalling dangerous threats, such as Garde, Hera... and Lefties helps her recovery and prevent a 2HKO by +1 Char X Dclaw​

Threats
I have found some mons that gives this team problems:
Conkeldurr: I can't status this guy so I can't kill it .-. but it is manageble most of the time
M-Garde(Taunt or CM): Taunts/setups on Chansey and OHKO/2HKO the entire team
SD M-Hera is hard to kill and often leads to 1-3 mons dead(depending on how well can i predict or be predicted)
CM Keldeo w/HP Flying: kills my only answer to it >.<
Magnezone is annoying af, especially when paired with M-Pinsir(afetr an SD it completely destroys the entire team bar Skarm, that's trapped and murdered by zone)
Char X is another thing that's pretty annoying, even though i don't see it a lot and mola helps with him, after SR it 2HKO mola, I'm considering protect on it to help with him
Stallbreaker Gengar is also annoying, gliscor or chansey can't do nothing to it and the rest of the team can't do too much too, but if mew can switch on a wow gengar becomes dead weight
Spikes are very annoying
There's obviously more threats and I'll add them as i find

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-150911433
This was the battle that lead to my peak :)
I was pretty surprised when I won(as you can tell by the end comments)

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-150491313
This happened on a tour which the guy heavily counterteamed me. I thought i had lost since i saw his team, i was wrong

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-151944961
Battle against Turducken :D

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-152442778
How do I have to beat CM Garde :/

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-153200122
Against a team with Lando, NP Thundy, Char X, Kyu-B and Clef(possibly CM), all of them can give me problems but I can play around them. Only Thundy and Char X come into play btw

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-150840676

Shoutout for Turducken64 for helping me with the team and made laddering much less boring
Also thanks to Adrian Marin, his RMT was a great inspiration for this team

If you have anything that would like me to add on the RMT tell me please ^^

EDIT: added Gyara and removed aegislash references
EDIT2: Improved some things and added mola
Amoonguss @ Black Sludge
Bold Nature
- Foul Play
- Clear Smog
- Giga Drain
- Spore

Mew @ Leftovers
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 248 HP / 244 Def / 16 Spe
Impish Nature
- Taunt
- Will-O-Wisp
- Roost
- Knock Off

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
EVs: 244 HP / 176 SpD / 88 Spe
Careful Nature
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Roost
- Toxic

Chansey (F) @ Eviolite
Bold Nature
- Seismic Toss
- Toxic
- Aromatherapy
- Soft-Boiled

Skarmory @ Rocky Helmet
Bold Nature
- Counter
- Taunt
- Defog
- Roost

Alomomola @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Protect
- Wish
- Toxic

Last edited:
First no shout out mannn.... I offered most of my suggestions already on ps already.

The team is really good. I really like the team synergy and have watched u annihilate people with it:].
If u really want u can run physical gliscor to handle zardx and Hera and band talonflame and get another Lando counter over quagsire. I personally dislike gliscor as a counter as I keep finding hp ice landos everywhere. The gyarados set we used on the other team we built together:) could work here. There is also a mantine set that plays pretty similar with rest talk. The Evs should be 248hp 252def 8spe with a bold nature as mantines spdef is already monstrous. (If u really want I forget the set but it can run a spread with 72ish spdef Evs for something). Mantine also walls crocune which is a big bonus for any stall team.

Sorry about lack of a formal rate I'm on my phone currently. Hope this helped-duck. :( (no shoutout) :(

Sorry was doing that late at night and end up forgetting it, I was running Gyara instead of Quag before and I think I'll use it now too, I personally dislike Mantine, it's not much bulkier than Gyara and has no Intimidate, thanks for the rate man, Amoonguss can handle crocune :)
Can'tt give a decent reply right now

You have a Quagsire with Haze , when you have an Amoonguss with Clear Smog. Put Stockpile / Earthquake on your Quagsire , They are really good for Him.

Lord Wallace

Hentai Connoiseur
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Hey Zek pretty cool stall team you have here.

I don't have too much experience with stall myself but I still would like to make a few suggestions.
First of all, I would highly recommend running Earthquake > Haze on Quagsire. BP is pretty much dead and EQ is good to actually damage Zard X and Heatran. You expressed a dislike for Quagsire in general and needed another strong check for Banded Talonflame.
Slowbro could make a decent addition to the team as it pairs very well with Amoonguss and has higher Defense than Quagsire to check Talonflame while boasting the ever useful Regenerator. It makes up for the lack of Unaware by being able to cripple set up sweepers with Thunder Wave.

Here is the set I recommend:

Slowbro@Leftovers
Regenerator
Bold
252 HP / 252 Def/ 4 SDef

Slack Off
Thunder Wave
Scald
Psyshock (hits Conkeldurr hard, but you can try another move here instead like Ice Beam).

Now that Unaware is gone from your team however, I feel it would be best to add another form of phazing somewhere.
Taunt on Skarmory is cool but it is often not fast enough to make use of it properly, so Whirlwind is probably a better option here.

And finally, your stall team is extremely passive in general and ironically you may be left open against opposing stall. You mentioned Mega Medicham in your RMT and that may actually be the missing piece here.
I recommend you add a Mega Medicham > probably Mew, as it doesn't seem to serve a specific, important role of it's own on your team, and Slowbro will already wall opposing Medicham so honestly that slot is very expendable. Mega Medicham really helps you combat opposing stall and is a great late game cleaner after the rest of your team has bogged down the opponent enough, making games much shorter.

Recommended set:

Medicham @ Medichamite
Pure Power
Jolly
252 Atk/ 4 Def/ 252 Spe

Hi Jump Kick
Fire Punch/Fake Out
Ice Punch
Zen Headbutt

Hey man thanks for the rate
M-Medi>Mew: Mew actually destroy opposing Stall teams with Taunt+Wisp(they can't recover any health and takes a good amount of passive damage so evetually they die), so I'll probably keep mew, he's also my best response to M-Mawile so taking him out would be a problem.
Slowbro>Quag: I'll test this and other bulky waters(like Gyara as mentioned on my other post), but 2 psychic types on the same team are a problem since Knock Off is spammed everywhere and Pursuit can be dangerous, weakness to U-Turn sucks too.
Whirlwind>Taunt: Taunt is helps by making the opponent attack you, so it's pretty much guaranted that I can use Counter(not if it switches), but Whirlwind can be great too, I'll test Gyara(that can phaze too) and if it doesn't work i'll use this

Hey if you really want you can run a max defense amoon if you really want to counter bd azu as your current set has quite a high chance to lose to it after rocks. It happened to me a few times the other so. It may be an idea worth in estimating if you feel it is an issue

After runnung some calcs, I found that 192+ def might be enough to avoid the KO from BD Azu after rocks, assuming you have Black Sludge and perfect health, after rocks + black sludge recovery(you will recover because he BD's on your switch) you get 404 HP, on the max run Play rough does 402 so you'll always survive to clear smog unless you get critted like what happened to me today
He can't deal with thundurus that easily anymore, though.

Last edited:

Srn

Water (Spirytus - 96%)
is an official Team Rateris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributor
OUPL Champion
This is a pretty solid team, the only real nitpick i have to make is move stealth rocks over to chansey over aromatherapy, and then put taunt or knock off in the new moveslot; i'd personally recommend taunt.

This is a pretty solid team, the only real nitpick i have to make is move stealth rocks over to chansey over aromatherapy, and then put taunt or knock off in the new moveslot; i'd personally recommend taunt.
Even though it has bad sinergy with Gliscor, Aromatherapy is rly helpful, it heals amoong from scald burns from Keldeo, Burns that accidentaly land on Gliscor, Sleep induced by Smeargle/another amoong... it's rly helpful.
I agree that Taunt/Knock Off would be helpful on Gliscor, but Chansey can't afford SR, if I change any move i'll either make her setup bait, taunt bait or not as helpful. Skarm would be too pressured with Defog+SR and Taunt is rly helpful to stop SR setters from setting it again. Also Mew already stallbreaks.

Right now, you're literally beat in preview by Mega Heracross esp SD sets. One of the simplest fixes would be skarm to brave bird, but even then you're still probably going to lose. Without major (team member) adjustments, I don't see this team beating SD Hera or Taunt Gard (others may get you, but taunt is most obvious) at preview. In all honesty, if you're wanting to fix this team, drop aromatherapy on chansey for heal bell, toxic for wish and drop alomomola altogether. Add in a faster psychic like Jirachi or Victini.

Jirachi @ Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 102 SpD / 154 Spe
Careful Nature
- Iron Head
- Wish
- Protect
- Zen Headbutt

That's enough speed to outspeed Hera-mega at jolly. The set will counter Gard as well, so that's nice.

Also, make that defense on gliscor into speed. Maybe kick it to 80 speed to outspeed 44 speed mew (which is ALL it takes to outspeed Adamant Bisharp, a far more dangerous threat anyways).

To be quite honest, even with these changes I'm not sure what kind of success you'll have, but this should fix the two holes from the aegi ban.

Oh, also: Because you would drop Alomomola, you could consider Rhyperior > Skarm. Just a side note.

Thank you very much for the reply. ^^
Should I add a fast tini over mew so it can check the 3 mega wallbreakers?
Also i don't exactly auto lose to those wallbreakers, I usually toxic it and do some smart switches untul it dies(1-4 dead mons depending on how I predict)
I would like to try rhyperior on this team, but if I change Skarm I need another deffoger or spinner, and none of them fit on the team very well
When I get home I'll test this
EDIT: I'll use the Spe EVs on Gliscor
16 Spe EVs on base 100s outspeeds adamant Bish
And Rachi isn't a vey good check to m-hera >.<
252+ Atk Mega Heracross Pin Missile (5 hits) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Jirachi: 210-255 (51.9 - 63.1%) -- approx. 99.6% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery]
252+ Atk Mega Heracross Close Combat vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Jirachi: 204-240 (50.4 - 59.4%) -- 80.1% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
0 Atk Jirachi Zen Headbutt vs. 40 HP / 0 Def Mega Heracross: 152-182 (48.8 - 58.5%) -- 97.3% chance to 2HKO

Last edited:
It rly depends on the mon, Scoli(and most physical attackers) I use taunt from Skarm and spam counter until it dies or switch out, Keldeo is Amoong, and some other special attackers Chansey(Seismic toss usually break the sub).
But yea, it's kind of a problem, specially when it's some shit like SD+Sub MHera(this is the devil)
EDIT: Congratz for the first post :)

Last edited:
LOL thank you this is a great team. Just a few flaws at times. Keldeo and T-Tar seem to be the biggest problems, and also Greninja to name a few.

LOL thank you this is a great team. Just a few flaws at times. Keldeo and T-Tar seem to be the biggest problems, and also Greninja to name a few.
The only keldeo that is a problem is CM+hp flying, which is very rare, Chansey walls greninja very well(most of its attacks are 5HKO) and Mola walls ttar, and so does Gliscor if it lacks a ice move, and so does Skarm if it lacks a fire move, mew can also burn it
EDIT: The mons that really screw up this team are on "Threats" on the OP

Last edited:
have a question how do you handle goth ?? especially the hp ice one 0_0 also have you tried mirror coat amola. its helpful against many mons that come out against it.

have a question how do you handle goth ?? especially the hp ice one 0_0 also have you tried mirror coat amola. its helpful against many mons that come out against it.
Goth is a bitch, but i've only faced 1 until today and it didn't have HP Ice so Gliscor handled it.
Also iirc Goth prefers to use Hp fire for Ferro
Mola already has too many moves competing for a move slot

Last edited:

alexwolf

lurks in the shadows
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Hi Zekrenzo, solid team. Your team is really weak to birdspam teams with Magnezone, as well as SD Excadrill + Magnezone teams, as once your Skarmory is trapped and OHKOed, your are helpless against them. For this reason, i suggest replacing Rocky Helmet with Shed Shell.

Moving on, i don't get the purpose of Foul Play on Amoonguss. You say it's for Gyarados, but Giga Drain and Clear Smog are better weapons against Mega Gyarados, while regular Gyarados beats you with Bounce anyway. I suggest replacing it with Hidden Power Ice, in order to have a solid answer to stallbreaker Gliscor, which seems problematic for your team, your best bet being to PP stall it with your own Gliscor.

Furthermore, i don't like Alomomola on this team because you don't really need its Wish support, as all your team member have reliable recovery, making the big fish thing redundant. I suggest you replace it with Quagsire, which means you retain a Talonflame and Mega Charizard X counter, even more solid actually as it ignores their stat boosts, meaning it can wall them to death by spamming Recover, unlike Alomomola which can crumple if those Pokemon manage to accumulate too many boosts before Toxic damage KOes them. In addition, Quagsire gives you a hard counter to SD Mega Scizor and Bisharp, both big threats to your team.

Finally, i would increase the Speed of both Mew and Gliscor to be fast enough to outrun Jolly Mega Heracross, another big threat to your team, give to Gliscor Acrobatics, Taunt, and Knock Off instead of Earthquake, Toxic, and Stealth Rock, and replace Aromatherapy on Chansey with Stealth Rock. Acrobatics allows Gliscor to 2HKO Mega Heracross, giving you a decent check to it, and Knock Off handles Gengar and is a very nice way to wear down opponents in general. Even without EQ Gliscor still beats SpD Heatran with Knock Off, so that's nice. Knock Off is also extremely helpful against stallbreaker Mew, which could be a nuisance to your existing set if it's faster, as Taunt shuts down Toxic. Taunt > Stealth Rock because Chansey is a better SR setter and your team doesn't really need the status healing imo, as you have two status absorbers in Chansey and Gliscor and a Pokemon immune to sleep and Toxic in Amoonguss, not to mention that removing Gliscor's poison status can put it into 2HKO range of certain attacks.

Here are the changes in a nutshell:
Shed Shell > Rocky Helmet on Skarmory
Hidden Power Ice > Foul Play on Amoonguss
Quagsire > Alomomola
252 HP / 104 Def / 152 Spe Impish > current EV spread on Mew
244 HP / 216 SpD / 96 Spe Jolly > current EV spread on Gliscor
Knock Off, Taunt, and Acrobatics > Earthquake, Toxic, and Stealth Rock on Gliscor
Stealth Rock > Aromatherapy on Chansey

And here is the Quagsire set:
Quagsire @ Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Scald
- Earthquake
- Recover
- Toxic

Hope i helped, good luck!

Hi Zekrenzo gratz for the peak n_n
Nice stall team here... anyway I think it could be improved.

first of all, you should consider slowbro as bulky water over alomomola, in fact thanks to its psychic type it can counter easily fight type as mmedicham and keldeo... in this way you can also free a slot removing mew that is "redundant" with slowbro.

Give acrobatics>sr on gliscor to check mhera, one of the best wallbreakers in the game, moreover try taunt>toxic in order to win stallwar.
amoonguss-gliscor-chansey-skarm-slowbro
in the last slot you can put a mega poke, in order to have a safe switch in vs knockoff user like bisharp and mixthundu.
I advice mcharx and finally replace, it is a great mon in stall and can take hits from thundurus and bisharp.
And imo switch amoonguss with mgfable that is your win condition vs other stall.
Amoongus is useless in the team and it is weak to all the three big mega evolution threat (mheracross-mmedicham-mgardevoir)... Magicguard clefable is your win condition against stall teams.
Imo quagsire same amoinguss in not a good 'mon to use in stall...
Heracross and mmedicham makes 2hko... You can talke mega dos and charX with slowbro.
Chansey (F) @ Eviolite
EVs: 184 HP / 252 Def / 72 SpD
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Aromatherapy
- Seismic Toss
- Soft-Boiled
- Stealth rock

Skarmory @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 248 HP / 160 Def / 100 Spe
Bold Nature
- Counter
- Defog
- Roost
- Taunt

Slowbro @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Ice Beam
- Scald
- Slack Off
- Thunder Wave

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
EVs: 244 HP / 72 Def / 192 Spe
Impish Nature
- Acrobatics
- Earthquake
- Roost
- Toxic

Charizard @ Charizardite X
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 248 HP / 16 Atk / 184 SpD / 60 Spe
Careful Nature
- Dragon Claw
- Fire Punch
- Roost
- Will-O-Wisp

Clefable @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
Bold Nature
- Cosmic Power
- Stored Power
- Soft-Boiled
- Moonblast / Flamethrower

It is a new good version, try to use it...
If you did not want to use clafable try to use your amoonguss or quagsire u.u
I hoped be helpful gl with the team.

Last edited:
Thank you both for the replies, I'll try them out soon.
alexwolf
Shed Shell > Rocky Helmet on Skarmory Agree
Hidden Power Ice > Foul Play on Amoonguss Agree
Quagsire > Alomomola One issue I have with have with Quagsire is that it fails to counter CB Tflame, I used to use one but it just didn't work very well
252 HP / 104 Def / 152 Spe Impish > current EV spread on Mew I was testing this already, I'll update the OP soon
244 HP / 216 SpD / 96 Spe Jolly > current EV spread on Gliscor ^
Knock Off, Taunt, and Acrobatics > Earthquake, Toxic, and Stealth Rock on Gliscor Heatran is a pain in the ass for me, but i think i can take out EQ, I never tested this, but how would a gliscor do against a lando if it lacks Toxic? assuming it has Knock Off of course
Stealth Rock > Aromatherapy on Chansey
Even though it has bad sinergy with Gliscor, Aromatherapy is rly helpful, it heals amoong from scald burns from Keldeo, Burns that accidentaly land on Gliscor, Sleep induced by Smeargle/another amoong... it's rly helpful.
I agree that Taunt/Knock Off would be helpful on Gliscor, but Chansey can't afford SR, if I change any move i'll either make her setup bait, taunt bait or not as helpful. Skarm would be too pressured with Defog+SR and Taunt is rly helpful to stop SR setters from setting it again. Also Mew already stallbreaks.
Enki
I don't like Slowbro for 1 reason, it doesn't do well against Zard X if it lacks T-Wave, and i don't like T-wave because I don't have any pokemon that can abuse it and if the mon is paralyzed it can't be toxied:
+1 252+ Atk Tough Claws Mega Charizard X Dragon Claw vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Slowbro: 193-228 (48.9 - 57.8%) -- 56.3% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
Also weakness to U-Turn sucks, even with regenerator.
Mew is rly awesome, it cripples teams very easily. I'll probably keep him
Amoonguss is the best counter to BD azu, which otherwise is a threat to this team. Quag can counter it can't counter CB Tflame

These were my first impressions, I'll test both the teams someday
EDIT: what's the Gliscor EV spread? the one you sent me has some extra EVs

Last edited:

alexwolf

lurks in the shadows
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
SpD Gliscor still counters both Landorus and SpD Heatran even without Earthquake and Toxic. Knock Off removes LO from Landorus and makes it really easy to wall with even Mew, and you can of course slwoly KO it with Acrobatics. Heatran without Lefties dies very fast, unless it has Wish support.

Didn't remember that Quagsire is 2HKOed by CB Brave Bird, this could be a problem, though it's good that only 2/6 of your team is forced out by CB Talonflame, so as long as you don't give it many switch-ins and don't predict wrongly against it too many times, you should be fine. You could try using Slowbro over Quagsire but this would leave you with a big Bisharp weakness, so you could then replace Mew with SpD Mega Charizard X or even 3 attacks + Roost, which means that you also have a check to stallbreaking Mew.

Thank you, I'm going to test this team:
Amoonguss @ Black Sludge
Bold Nature
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Clear Smog
- Giga Drain
- Spore

Charizard-Mega-X @ Charizardite X
Ability: Tough Claws
EVs: 248 HP / 104 SpD / 156 Spe
Careful Nature
- Earthquake
- Dragon Claw
- Will-O-Wisp
- Roost

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
EVs: 244 HP / 168 SpD / 96 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Taunt
- Roost
- Acrobatics

Chansey (F) @ Eviolite
Bold Nature
- Seismic Toss
- Toxic
- Stealth Rock
- Soft-Boiled

Skarmory @ Shed Shell
Bold Nature
- Counter
- Taunt
- Defog
- Roost

Quagsire @ Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
Relaxed Nature
- Scald
- Earthquake
- Recover
- Toxic

Hey Zekrenzo, cool team! Your team has a weakness to Sub Wisp Gengar, Swords Dance Bisharp, Pursuit Bisharp + Charizard Y, and Mega Heracross. Because of this, I would recommend a Bulky Charizard X over chansey, as it checks the same main threats chansey does, thundurus and charizard y while also countering bisharp. It also counters sub wisp gengar handily, and can check life orb variants. With some speed, it can also check mega hera :) As an added bonus, it even can counter landorus in a pinch if you don't mega evolve it!
252+ Atk Bisharp Knock Off vs. 248 HP / 0 Def Mega Charizard X: 105-124 (29.2 - 34.5%) -- 6.5% chance to 3HKO
252 SpA Mega Charizard Y Fire Blast vs. 248 HP / 148+ SpD Mega Charizard X in Sun: 69-82 (19.2 - 22.8%) -- possible 5HKO
252 SpA Mega Charizard Y Focus Blast vs. 248 HP / 148+ SpD Mega Charizard X: 135-159 (37.6 - 44.2%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
252 SpA Life Orb Thundurus Thunderbolt vs. 248 HP / 148+ SpD Mega Charizard X: 82-97 (22.8 - 27%) -- 51.2% chance to 4HKO
252 SpA Life Orb Thundurus Focus Blast vs. 248 HP / 148+ SpD Mega Charizard X: 147-173 (40.9 - 48.1%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
148 SpA Gengar Shadow Ball vs. 248 HP / 148+ SpD Mega Charizard X: 108-127 (30 - 35.3%) -- 24.7% chance to 3HKO
252 SpA Life Orb Gengar Shadow Ball vs. 248 HP / 148+ SpD Mega Charizard X: 152-179 (42.3 - 49.8%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
252 SpA Life Orb Sheer Force Landorus Psychic vs. 248 HP / 148+ SpD Charizard: 135-160 (37.6 - 44.5%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

Charizard-Mega-X @ Charizardite X
Ability: Tough Claws
EVs: 248 HP / 144 SpD / 116 Spe
Careful Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Flare Blitz
- Dragon Claw
- Roost

You can run earthquake over flare blitz for heatran if you want, but flare blitz gives you a better counter to clefable, as even with amoonguss it can still sometimes sweep if it gets a burn with flamethrower. It also gives straight up more power, as well as better checking heracross. Finally, there is another reason to run Charizard X and that is to provide some actual pressure on the opponent. Lets say you come in safely on a thundurus, charizard y, heracross, breloom, gengar with its sash broken, or any number of slower or walled threats against an offensive team. The opponent then has to sack something, or let something take a lot of damage, because there are no switchins to charizard x on an offensive team. Not being so passive is very important in this meta, with so many powerful stallbreakers like landorus, heracross, gardevoir and medicham, as it allows you to actually fight back instead of just trying to counter everything. Good luck with future laddering!

Edit: Didn't read the second page, you're already using a charizard x lol. Well whatever, I'll keep the post.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)