StallStorm Team [RMT]

Welcome to my RMT, Smogonites. Today I bring you my first RMT on Smogon, and I hope you wonderful Rate My Teamers will help me make it better. So first off, I’ll show you how I made the team. As you can see, this is a sandstorm team that takes advantage of stall. These past few months I have noticed that stall teams have become more and more common. Everyday on PO I run into at least 3 (yes, I have been counting).I thought, why not try one out? So I did, combined stall with sand, and here it is And w/o further ado, lets begin!
STALLSTORM
So, obviously, I will need a sandstorm stater. Normally, people would run with Hippo, just for its massive bulk that T-tar doesn’t have. Then I thought, hmmm, doesn’t rock types get a 50% SpecialD boost in sand? So I went with Tyranitar, and it was a choice that I will never regret.

Next I wanted a toxic spikes abuser, for uh, toxic. My options were Forry, Drapion, Nido, and Tentacruel. I thought Nidoqueen would be good, because of its bulk.

I wanted a sandstorm abuser that had power, and tons of bulk for stalling. I skimmed through Rock and Ground types, and bam. Regirock. I cant believe this guy is UU. With its amazing base 200 defense, and its not to shabby 100 base SpeD, along with the boost, it becomes the ultimate tank.

I found I had a huge weakness to ground and fighting, so I threw in a Gengar. Gengar is immune to fighting, ground, heck, even normal moves(hint hint rapid spin).

I wanted another sand abuser, and Scizor was the one who came to my mind. With its massive attack stat, it fits right in.

I wanted a Pokemon who could take a most of my weakness, and be a cleric. Blissey wouldn’t help at all, so I went with Dragonite. It could take ground, water, grass, some of my biggest weaknesses. Along with Heal Bell, this thing is a beast.

I noticed that my team would get wrecked whenever I ran into S.R. or Spikes, so I needed a Spinner. Donphan came to mind, as he wouldn’t get hurt by sand, but I didn’t have space for it. The angels came down and gave me my answer. Cruel. T-spikes AND R.S. Although it didn’t have the bulk of Nidoqueen, it got the job done 9/10 times. So here was the final team.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tyranitar a.k.a. “StallStorm”
@ Lum Berry. SandStream
Brave Nature
252 HP 252 Attack 4 SpD
-Pursuit
-Avalanche
-Stealth Rock
-Bulldoze/EQ (which is better?)
Tyranitar, the sand starter. Pursuit over crunch just to get a hit before they switch. In my opinion, Pursuit is a lot more useful than crunch just for the reason to OHKO a Lati@s before it switches. Avalanche, to get those pesky Gliscors that would make my T-spikes useless. S.R. just cuz its S.R., need I say more? Im debating between Bulldoze or EQ. EQ has more damage, while Bulldoze has base 80 but always lowers speed. Lum Berry is for leads like Darkrai, who like to status inflict everything. With Brave Nature slowing it down, it gives it an even better chance of getting sand up first turn.
With T-tars, amazing attack, it rapes stuff like no tomorrow.
Weaknesses:
Bug: Dragonite, Tentacruel, Gengar
Fighting: Tentacruel, Gengar
Ground: Dragonite, Gengar
Water: Tentacruel, Dragonite
Grass: Dragonite, Gengar
Steel: Tentacruel, Scizor

Tentacruel a.k.a. “Toxicruel”
@Black Sludge. Liquid Ooze
Timid Nature
252 HP 196 Speed 60 Defense
-Toxic Spikes
-Rapid Spin
-Surf
-Sludge Bomb
Tentacruel, the SpinSpiker. Sets up T-spikes very nicely, absorbs them up himself and then spins in victory. Surf for STAB, and yes you read it right, its not scald. Scald would ruin my Toxic Strategy, and that would suck (can Cruel even learn scald?) Sludge Bomb also for STAB, and has a 30% for poison, which is nice. Black Sludge is for recovery over lefties, cuz nowadays people love to trick. Yea, Trick on this, Retards. Liquid Ooze is nice to, just for annoying leech seeders. 252 in speed, and Timid nature, gives it max speed (excluding choice scarf) which I really need to get toxic spikes up.
Without this guy, there wouldn’t be this team.
Weaknesses:
Electric: Tyranitar, Regirock
Psychic: Tyranitar

Regirock a.k.a. “Bob”

@Chesto Berry. Clear Body
252 HP 252 SpeD 4 Speed
Adamant Nature
-Rest
-Curse
-Rock Slide
-Fire Punch

Regirock, the staller. Its like Stallrein, except a rock instead of a Walrus. RestoChesto Combo works great, expecially after getting a few Curses up. With base 200 Defense along with bulk up, and 252 in SpeD plus boost from sand, PLUS the sand boost, this thing is a TANK. Rock Slide over Stone Edge just for accuracy, which means a lot. Clear Body works great, especially if someone tries to intimidate me.
Weaknesses:
Fighting: Dragonite, Gengar, Tentacruel

Gengar a.k.a “Thriller”
@Petaya Berry. Levitate
252 HP 252 Speed 4 SpeA
Timid Nature
-Shadow Ball
-Psychic
-Substiute
-Thunderbolt
Gengar, the special sweeper. Sub until my Petaya Berry activates, then fire away. Shadow Ball for STAB. Psychic over Focus Blast, because my team has a big weakness to fighting, so now I can hit OHKO Machamps and such. Thunderbolt is for coverage, and to hit water types that threaten Regirock and Tyranitar. Levitate gives me immunity to Ground, Normal, Fighting and Spikes. It also resists a lot of stuff.
Weaknesses:
Dark: Tyranitar
Ghost: Tyranitar

Dragonite a.k.a “Mirage” (also looking for a better name)
@Leftovers. Multiscale
Looking for a good EV set
Timid Nature
-Roost
-Heal Bell
-Dragon Tail
-Huricane
Dragonite the cleric. With the recovery lefties and Roost, it brings Multiscale out to its full potential. And Dragon Tail, along with Toxic Spikes and Stealth Rocks, it will do massive damage. Hurricanes in weather…it’s just never good, especially with the sand, doubling its already amazing power. Although the ccuracy is a bit low for my taste, if it hits, all hell breaks loose.
Weaknesses:
Ice: Tyranitar, Regirock
Dragon: Scizor
Rock: Tyranitar, Regirock

Scizor a.k.a. “Nnoitra”
@Choice Band. Technician
248 HP 252 Attack 8SpD
Adamant Nature
-Bullet Punch
-Pursuit
-U-turn
-Brick Break
Scizor the physical sweeper. Bullet punch is for prority, and priority is great for revenge killing. With Technician, Pursuit has base power of 120, while Bullet Punch has base power of 90. U-turn off a massive 591 attack with STAB 105 damage, trust me, it does a lot of damage. Brick Break is great just for the technician boost along with the added ability to break both screens.
Weaknesses:
Fire: Everything except Gengar.

Well there is my team guys. Please be as horrendously critical as you can, as I think this team could use some tweaks here and there. Thanks in advance for your rates. BTW, i'll add pictures in the next few days. Thanks.

Is this supposed to be a 4th-Gen or 5th-Gen team? If this is for 5th-Gen (which it kind of looks like), you've posted this in the wrong section. Try the OU Teams section; that's meant for OU 5th Gen teams. If this is for 4th-Gen, then Bulldoze doesn't exist yet, and neither do Dragon Tail or Hurricane. (And neither did Scald.)

For Tyranitar? If you absolutely must keep this set, then Earthquake > Bulldoze, which has 60 Base Power, by the way. However, a lot of people tend to like Tyranitar for his special bulk under sandstorm and for his wide movepool. In fact, he can utilize Special attacks fairly well as a way to catch monsters like Scizor or Gliscor off-guard. Perhaps you can try something like this, then?

Tyranitar @ Leftovers / Chople Berry / Lum Berry
252 HP, 180 SpAtk, 76 SpDef, Sassy nature (+ SpDef, - Speed)
- Stealth Rock
- Ice Beam
- Flamethrower
- Crunch / Pursuit

Since you want to have Sandstorm going, chances are high that Multiscale won't be helping Dragonite out at all. Multiscale only halves damage on Dragonite if he is at full health. (Tentacruel might be able to at least spin Stealth Rocks away.) If you're willing to part with Heal Bell, Latias might be able to provide a nice bit of defense while keeping many of Dragonite's resistances. The set isn't too complicated, but it's effective.

Latias @ Leftovers
252 HP, 252 Defense, 4 Speed, Timid nature (+ Speed, - Attack)
- Dragon Pulse
- Calm Mind
- Recover
- Surf / Roar / Refresh / Substitute

Surf if you want a second attack, although Hidden Power Fire and Thunderbolt are decent choices, too. Roar if you like to shuffle opponents around. Refresh if you want to keep at least Latias clean of status effects. Substitute is just a nice way to see what your opponent's planning.

Those are just a few ideas. I'm sure some of the other people here can give you some more helpful advice.

Also, Darkrai is banned. In 4th-Gen AND 5th-Gen. Don't worry about him.

Mixed Opinions

Welcome to my RMT, Smogonites. Today I bring you my first RMT on Smogon, and I hope you wonderful Rate My Teamers will help me make it better. So first off, I’ll show you how I made the team. As you can see, this is a sandstorm team that takes advantage of stall. These past few months I have noticed that stall teams have become more and more common. Everyday on PO I run into at least 3 (yes, I have been counting).I thought, why not try one out? So I did, combined stall with sand, and here it is And w/o further ado, lets begin!
STALLSTORM
So, obviously, I will need a sandstorm stater. Normally, people would run with Hippo, just for its massive bulk that T-tar doesn’t have. Then I thought, hmmm, doesn’t rock types get a 50% SpecialD boost in sand? So I went with Tyranitar, and it was a choice that I will never regret.

Next I wanted a toxic spikes abuser, for uh, toxic. My options were Forry, Drapion, Nido, and Tentacruel. I thought Nidoqueen would be good, because of its bulk.

I wanted a sandstorm abuser that had power, and tons of bulk for stalling. I skimmed through Rock and Ground types, and bam. Regirock. I cant believe this guy is UU. With its amazing base 200 defense, and its not to shabby 100 base SpeD, along with the boost, it becomes the ultimate tank.

I found I had a huge weakness to ground and fighting, so I threw in a Gengar. Gengar is immune to fighting, ground, heck, even normal moves(hint hint rapid spin).

I wanted another sand abuser, and Scizor was the one who came to my mind. With its massive attack stat, it fits right in.

I wanted a Pokemon who could take a most of my weakness, and be a cleric. Blissey wouldn’t help at all, so I went with Dragonite. It could take ground, water, grass, some of my biggest weaknesses. Along with Heal Bell, this thing is a beast.

I noticed that my team would get wrecked whenever I ran into S.R. or Spikes, so I needed a Spinner. Donphan came to mind, as he wouldn’t get hurt by sand, but I didn’t have space for it. The angels came down and gave me my answer. Cruel. T-spikes AND R.S. Although it didn’t have the bulk of Nidoqueen, it got the job done 9/10 times. So here was the final team.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tyranitar a.k.a. “StallStorm”
@ Lum Berry. SandStream
Brave Nature
252 HP 252 Attack 4 SpD
-Pursuit
-Avalanche
-Stealth Rock
-Bulldoze/EQ (which is better?)
Tyranitar, the sand starter. Pursuit over crunch just to get a hit before they switch. In my opinion, Pursuit is a lot more useful than crunch just for the reason to OHKO a Lati@s before it switches. Avalanche, to get those pesky Gliscors that would make my T-spikes useless. S.R. just cuz its S.R., need I say more? Im debating between Bulldoze or EQ. EQ has more damage, while Bulldoze has base 80 but always lowers speed. Lum Berry is for leads like Darkrai, who like to status inflict everything. With Brave Nature slowing it down, it gives it an even better chance of getting sand up first turn.
With T-tars, amazing attack, it rapes stuff like no tomorrow.
Weaknesses:
Bug: Dragonite, Tentacruel, Gengar
Fighting: Tentacruel, Gengar

Tentacruel a.k.a. “Toxicruel”
@Black Sludge. Liquid Ooze
Timid Nature
252 HP 196 Speed 60 Defense
-Toxic Spikes
-Rapid Spin
-Surf
-Sludge Bomb
Tentacruel, the SpinSpiker. Sets up T-spikes very nicely, absorbs them up himself and then spins in victory. Surf for STAB, and yes you read it right, its not scald. Scald would ruin my Toxic Strategy, and that would suck (can Cruel even learn scald?) Sludge Bomb also for STAB, and has a 30% for poison, which is nice. Black Sludge is for recovery over lefties, cuz nowadays people love to trick. Yea, Trick on this, Retards. Liquid Ooze is nice to, just for annoying leech seeders. 252 in speed, and Timid nature, gives it max speed (excluding choice scarf) which I really need to get toxic spikes up.
Without this guy, there wouldn’t be this team.
Weaknesses:
Electric: Tyranitar, Regirock

Regirock a.k.a. “Bob”

@Chesto Berry. Clear Body
252 HP 252 SpeD 4 Speed
Adamant Nature
-Rest
-Curse
-Rock Slide
-Fire Punch

Regirock, the staller. Its like Stallrein, except a rock instead of a Walrus. RestoChesto Combo works great, expecially after getting a few Curses up. With base 200 Defense along with bulk up, and 252 in SpeD plus boost from sand, PLUS the sand boost, this thing is a TANK. Rock Slide over Stone Edge just for accuracy, which means a lot. Clear Body works great, especially if someone tries to intimidate me.
Weaknesses:
Fighting: Dragonite, Gengar, Tentacruel

Gengar a.k.a “Thriller”
@Petaya Berry. Levitate
252 HP 252 Speed 4 SpeA
Timid Nature
-Shadow Ball
-Psychic
-Substiute
-Thunderbolt
Gengar, the special sweeper. Sub until my Petaya Berry activates, then fire away. Shadow Ball for STAB. Psychic over Focus Blast, because my team has a big weakness to fighting, so now I can hit OHKO Machamps and such. Thunderbolt is for coverage, and to hit water types that threaten Regirock and Tyranitar. Levitate gives me immunity to Ground, Normal, Fighting and Spikes. It also resists a lot of stuff.
Weaknesses:
Dark: Tyranitar
Ghost: Tyranitar

Dragonite a.k.a “Mirage” (also looking for a better name)
@Leftovers. Multiscale
Looking for a good EV set
Timid Nature
-Roost
-Heal Bell
-Dragon Tail
-Huricane
Dragonite the cleric. With the recovery lefties and Roost, it brings Multiscale out to its full potential. And Dragon Tail, along with Toxic Spikes and Stealth Rocks, it will do massive damage. Hurricanes in weather…it’s just never good, especially with the sand, doubling its already amazing power. Although the ccuracy is a bit low for my taste, if it hits, all hell breaks loose.
Weaknesses:
Ice: Tyranitar, Regirock
Dragon: Scizor
Rock: Tyranitar, Regirock

Scizor a.k.a. “Nnoitra”
@Choice Band. Technician
248 HP 252 Attack 8SpD
Adamant Nature
-Bullet Punch
-Pursuit
-U-turn
-Brick Break
Scizor the physical sweeper. Bullet punch is for prority, and priority is great for revenge killing. With Technician, Pursuit has base power of 120, while Bullet Punch has base power of 90. U-turn off a massive 591 attack with STAB 105 damage, trust me, it does a lot of damage. Brick Break is great just for the technician boost along with the added ability to break both screens.
Weaknesses:
Fire: Everything except Gengar.

Well there is my team guys. Please be as horrendously critical as you can, as I think this team could use some tweaks here and there. Thanks in advance for your rates. BTW, i'll add pictures in the next few days. Thanks.
Not a huge fan. With Gravity in effect, four of your Pokemon (Tentacruel, Tyranitar, and Gengar) will be totally annhialated by Earth Power (Regirock's Special Defense is nothing to write home about). Also, your team seems to be a little underbalanced. Your team seems to be entirely composed of sweepers, sans Tyranitar and Tentacruel, who still aren't top-notch due to their common weaknesses. You may want to consider switching Tyranitar for Hippowdon, a slightly more reliable Sand Streamer. There is a reason Tyranitar is the only Pseudo-Legendary not in Uber! Tentacruel could be replaced by Forretress, because Forretress' walling abilities are superior, and not only does it have the ability for Rapid Spin and Toxic Spikes, but also Spikes and Stealth Rock. Forretress' base 90 Attack is usable for an attacking move if you are planning on dropping Spikes (I probably would; they deal low damage and take three turns to set up). I hope you consider my comments; it should make your team much better in the big-leagues.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)