1. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.
  2. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!

Standard FWG Core

Discussion in 'BW OU Teams' started by Somebodys, Jul 18, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Somebodys

Somebodys

Heatran - Leftovers - Bold - Flash Fire

Stealth Rock
    Roar
    Earth Power
    Flamethrower

252 HP / 240 Def / 12 Speed

Have SR on him so Ferrothorn doesn't have to do all the work by himself. Otherwise perfectly normal standard Heatran.

Gliscor - Posion Orb - Impish - Poison Heal

Swords Dance
    Earthquake
    Aerial Ace
    Substitute

252 HP / 180 Defense / 76 Speed

AA instead of Acrobatics so don't have to spend a slot on Fling. Tried Ice Fang for awhile. Gliscor isn't specially bulky enough to survive hits from things Ice Fang is super effective against. And non stab w/o Swords Dance doesn't do enough to matter.

Ferrothorn - Leftovers - Relaxed - Iron Barbs

Power Whip
    Leech Seed
    Protect
    Spikes

252 HP / 220 Defense / 36 Special Defense

Using Power Whip over Gyro Ball otherwise would be lacking a Grass attack on team. Leech Seed + Protect + Leftovers stalls out a lot of things Ferrothorn wouldn't otherwise be able to handle.

Jellicent - Leftovers - Bold - Cursed Body

Hydro Pump
    Will-O-Wisp
    Taunt
    Recover

240 HP / 208 Defense / 20 Speed

Hydro Pump over Scald/Surf for extra punch, and already carrying Will-O-Wisp.

Gyarados - Leftovers - Jolly - Intimidate

Taunt
    Dragon Dance
    Bounce
    Waterfall

4 HP / 252 Attack / 252 Speed

Leftovers combos with Bounce for pseudo recovery. No Lum Berry because if you DD on a switch you can easily land a Taunt to prevent status changes short of hacks. Just be careful when trying to setup on something carrying a resisted status cause move ala Scald.

I've been using these five Pokemon on a team together for a long time now. And they function amazingly well together. The sets are all pretty standard, and mostly self explanatory. Some of the speed EVs are there to prevent speed ties. I've been wracking my brain for a few weeks now trying to find a sixth member to this team. Guts Fighting types, and being caught by suprise from Dragons carrying non-standard coverage are the only real downfalls to this team. Currently I have been using:

Weavile - Choice Band - Hardy

Ice Shard
    Low Kick
    Pursuit
    Punishment

40 HP / 252 Attack / 216 Speed

He does an admirable job at coming in and revenge killing problems this team has. But overall I'm not really happy with him. His inability to switch in on even resisted moves is a big downer. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
  2. NatGeo

NatGeo sun's coming up
    is a Contributor Alumnus

please expand the descriptions to each Pokemon before mods lock this.
  3. Rackham

Rackham

You obviously haven't read this: RMT Rules. In particular:
    Also, take a look in the archive to see what is wanted from an RMT.
  4. GreasyPanda

GreasyPanda

Yes, you really need to expand your descreptions for people to efficiently help you but I will give it a shot. First off I think you should run a air balloon on heatran to try and fix the little bit of an excadrill weakness. You also should probably run fire blast on heat ran over flamethrower as it does much more damage and still has 85 accuracy. This team still needs work but this is as much as I could help you with your limited descriptions.
  5. Taylor

Taylor stardust infinite
    is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

yeah, rmt rules. once its improved please feel free to contact me.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)