1. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.
  2. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!

Standard Ladder Chronicles: Flying Down to the Wire in a Twist! (OU Warstory)

Discussion in 'Trou Du Cul' started by Ken Sical Ifreet, Jan 10, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ken Sical Ifreet

Ken Sical Ifreet

"Flying Down to the Wire in a Twist!" A OU Warstory by K.S.I and Ghett0.

Okay, this is my first warstory, as well as Ghett0's, so please keep your rage to yourself for later if you have any. First, I would like to start off with the teams.

K.S.I.'s Team :[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]:Ghett0's Team

Note, that both of us give our comments on this, but both of us have slight inconsistencies between us, so things may get confusing, and some parts are missing comments from Ghett0. So here we go. My comments are in default, Ghett0's are default Red. I have edited some things in his comments to try to make them flow with my own to some extent, and what he did not comment on, I will say with my own comments only. I will say additional things for myself later.

Rules: Ladder Match, Sleep Clause, Freeze Clause, OHKO Clause, Evasion Clause, Species Clause, Strict Damage Clause, Soul Dew Clause

[​IMG]VS [​IMG]

K.S.I. sent out Gliscor (lvl 100 Gliscor ?).
    Ghett0 sent out Blissey (lvl 100 Blissey ?).

Okay, first match-up, Gliscor is packing Taunt, Stealth Rock, Knock Off, and X-Scissor right here, at this point. What Blissey is packing at this, I don't have any idea. One thing I did think was that chances are the item Blissey has is going to be for healing, most likely Leftovers. Not taking any chances however, I use Taunt right into the dark.

I started with Blissey so she could Tank, and deal with Offensive Pokemon. He has Gliscor out, and am expecting an attack from him, so I use Counter.
    Gliscor used Taunt.
    Blissey fell for the taunt!
    Blissey used Counter.
    But it failed!
    [​IMG](100%)--------------------(100%)[​IMG](Taunt)

So he uses Counter, not something I have seen on the Blissey I have encountered on my short time on Shoddy (the past few days). I still don't know what item she is holding, and think that chances are that it is Leftovers, seeing as most, if not all Blissey I have seen up to now have carried them. So I go with Knock Off to eliminate the threat Leftover's presents to me.

Unfortunately, the next move lead me to lose my Leftovers, now I'll have to sacrifice more turns for Softboiled.

Gliscor used Knock Off.
    Blissey lost 4% of its health.
    Gliscor knocked off foe Blissey's Leftovers!
    Blissey used Seismic Toss.
    Gliscor lost 32% of its health.
    ---------------------------------------------
    Gliscor used Stealth Rock.
    Pointed stones float in the air around the foe's team!
    Blissey used Counter.
    But it failed!
    Blissey's taunt wore off!

[​IMG](68%)-------------------------(96%)[​IMG](SR)

Okay, so now I finally have SR set-up, probably not such a good plan setting it up three turns in, but I'll have to live with it. Gliscor's HP is nearly half now, and it appears to me this Blissey is for a bit of Offense, but by now, I am wondering if it has Softboiled, as all Blissey I've seen also carry it. Counter and Seismic Toss so far. I think he may keep Blissey in for now, so I'll switch-in Scar .

K.S.I. switched in Scar (lvl 100 Primeape ?).
    Scar lost 33% of its health.

[​IMG](67%)------------------------(96%)[​IMG](SR)

Well, I managed to knock down Gliscor's health, but now K.S.I. switched in his Primeape...

Well, Scar is in play, lets see if he can't take out Blissey before she takes him out. I am really hoping so. He is carrying Overheat, Thunderpunch, Brick Break and Payback for diversity. He is also holding a Muscle Band. Hopefully he can land a critical or do enough damage to faint Blissey.

Scar used Payback.
    Blissey lost 13% of its health.
    Blissey used Counter.
    Scar lost 64% of its health.
    ---
    Scar used Brick Break.
    It's super effective!
    Blissey lost 67% of its health.
    Scar lost 3% of its health.
    K.S.I.'s Scar fainted.

[​IMG](OUT)---------------------------------(29%)[​IMG](SR)
    Score: 0-1
    Well, lucky me, Blissey was able so soak up the damage and defeat Primeape. One down, five to go.

Eyech!! Not good, Primeape was one of the only two Pokemon I have that can possibly face up to Scizor if he doesn't spam BP. Things are already turning sour for me, and I don't know what other two moves the Blissey possesses. I hope Electrode is up to the task of taking this juggernaut down. Overheat would've have been a better choice knowing Blissey had Counter. Curse my stupidity here! 0-1 now.

K.S.I. switched in Electrode (lvl 100 Electrode).

So I am fighting Electrode now. Having taken some damage from Gliscor and Primeape, I will use Softboiled to survive his Electrode.

Electrode used Magnet Rise.
    Electrode became immune to ground attacks!
    Blissey used Softboiled.
    Blissey restored 50% of its health.

Well, I use Magnet Rise to scout out an attack, rather than attacking -which would have served the purpose in this case anyhow- has confirmed what I had been thinking: Blissey is carrying Softboiled. Things are looking more and more grim. I use Thunderbolt, forgetting that most Blissey pack high Special Defense. Another stupid move on my part.

By the way, Electrode's moveset is Magnet Rise, HP Ice, Thunderbolt, and Signal Beam.

Electrode used Thunderbolt.
    Blissey lost 14% of its health.
    Blissey used Softboiled.
    Blissey restored 48% of its health.

[​IMG](100%)---------------------------(100%)[​IMG](SR)

Well, obviously this didn't do me any good. My thoughts on Softboiled have been confirmed. Knowing that trying to slam Blissey with Special attacks till he drops would be futile, I switch to Aerodactyl in hopes taking her down with Physical attacks.

K.S.I. switched in Aerodactyl (lvl 100 Aerodactyl ?).
    Aerodactyl is exerting its pressure!
    Blissey used Counter.
    But it failed!

[​IMG](100%)---------------------------(100%)[​IMG](SR)
    Okay, he whiffs a Counter on me, good, I'm thinking maybe I can do some damage before things get really bad, so for Aero, I tear open the ground with Earthquake in an effort to dispatch Blissey, banking on that he won't use Counter!

Aerodactyl is carrying Roar, Thunder Fang, Fire Fang, and Earthquake. Blissey has Counter, Seismic Toss, and Softboiled. So far Blissey hasn't revealed the last move on it's list, but since I'm no veteren, I can't tell what it is.

K.S.I. switched in an Aerodactyl, huh?. Better weaken it with Seismic Toss.

Aerodactyl used Earthquake.
    Blissey lost 25% of its health.
    Aerodactyl lost 31% of its health.

[​IMG](69%)------------------------(75%)[​IMG](SR)

Okay, mediorce hit, but that will stack up sooner or later. Judging from how he has been playing from the beginning of the match, he is alternating between Counter and Seismic Toss. Instead of risking losing another Pokemon to Blissey, I decide to Roar it away, hoping the opponent I get it something Aero can take out. Prediction is out the window for this round.

Blissey used Counter.
    Blissey's attack missed!
    Aerodactyl used Roar.
    Ghett0 switched in Scizor (lvl 100 Scizor ?).
    Pointed stones dug into Scizor.
    Scizor lost 12% of its health.

[​IMG](69%)-----------------------------(88%)[​IMG](SR)

Well, crap, he has Scizor, things have gone from bad to worse. Primeape had Overheat for Scizor, which would've OHKOed him with how I have him optimized, and he would've survived a Bullet Pun switching in for an RK. This is not good at all. Knowing Aero is likely to be done fore, I go for Fire Fang in an attempt to do some damage, knowing he is going to use Bullet Punch...

Aerodactyl used Fire Fang.
    It's super effective!
    Scizor lost 72% of its health.
    Scizor used Superpower.
    Aerodactyl lost 69% of its health.
    K.S.I.'s Aerodactyl fainted.
    Scizor's attack was lowered.
    Scizor's defence was lowered.

[​IMG](OUT)----------------------------(16%)[​IMG](SR)

What, he didn't use BP? I got to do some damage? Maybe this means I can get in there and lock him into something with Alakazam, whom comes equipped with Trick Scarf. I won't tell you his attack moves yet, I'll keep it a surprise.

Well, he Roared my Scizor in, and got Supoer

K.S.I. switched in Alakazam (lvl 100 Alakazam ?).
    Ghett0 switched in Togekiss (lvl 100 Togekiss ?).
    Pointed stones dug into Togekiss.
    Togekiss lost 25% of its health.
    Alakazam used Safeguard.
    Your team became cloaked in a mystic veil!
    Togekiss's leftovers restored its health a little!
    Togekiss restored 6% of its health.

[​IMG](100%)---------------------------(81%)[​IMG](SR)

Nice, he switched too, bonus! However, I decided to switch to Gliscor again, because I don't know whether it is a good idea to Scarf his Togekiss. Gliscor, you're up!

K.S.I. switched in Gliscor (lvl 100 Gliscor ?).
    Togekiss used Sweet Kiss.
    Gliscor is already confused!
    Togekiss's leftovers restored its health a little!
    Togekiss restored 6% of its health.

[​IMG](68%)-----------------------(87%)[​IMG](SR)

Well, Gliscor is back in and I have used Sweet Kiss. The move ultimately has no effect however.

Thats odd, I don't remember Glicor ever being confused...must be a glitch. Anyhow, Sweet Kiss seems to have had no real effect (despite the random glitch). So then, wondering what my opponent is holding, I got for Knock Off, I wasn't really predicting anything, as the healing lead me to suspect Leftovers.
    Gliscor used Knock Off.
    Togekiss lost 4% of its health.
    Gliscor knocked off foe Togekiss's Leftovers!
    Togekiss used Seismic Toss.
    Togekiss's attack missed!

Now that they are gone, things may be much easier on me. So on we go. Deciding that risking Gliscor's other moves would be a bad idea. I decided to switch in Dugtrio, being that he can deal Super Effective against.

Dugtrio has Sucker Punch, Aerial Ace, Rock Slide, and Earthquake.
    K.S.I. switched in Dug (lvl 100 Dugtrio ?).
    Togekiss used Seismic Toss.
    Dug lost 47% of its health.

[​IMG](53%)---------------------------(83%)[​IMG](SR)

So he switches in Dugtrio to a Seismic Toss, that looked like it hurt.

Yech! That was alot of damage for a Seismic Toss! Should've expected this. Durgtrio will be able to take about two more, so in that time I decide to use Rock Slide, hoping he doesn't switch on me. I predict he will switch and brace for the surprise.

Dug used Rock Slide.
    It's super effective!
    Togekiss lost 29% of its health.
    Togekiss flinched!
    Your team is no longer protected by Safeguard!

[​IMG](53%)----------------------------(54%)[​IMG](SR)

Well, the surprise is on me again, he doesn't switch, allowing for yet another Rock Slide, the flinch was a lucky shot, no doubt about that, but not something I can count on. Dugtrio's going to go to near zero HP. Rather than switch again and risk another Pokemon, I decide to attack again with Rock Slide and hope for the best.

Dug used Rock Slide.
    It's super effective!
    A critical hit!
    Togekiss lost 51% of its health.
    Togekiss flinched!
    [​IMG](53%)------------------------(3%)[​IMG](SR)

Well, SE Rock Slide is giving Togekiss a beating, thankfully she was bulky enough to soak up the damage. Knowing that Rock Slide will KO Togekiss, I think I'll switch into something that may be able to deal with Dugtrio.

Well, thats another surprise, double flinch, and Dugtrio isn't even holding a Razor Fang. Lucky indeed. At this point, I know he is going to switch, so I use Aerial Ace in anticipation of a counter to Dugtrio, hoping to deal massive damage in the process.

Ghett0 switched in Electivire (lvl 100 Electivire ?).
    Pointed stones dug into Electivire.
    Electivire lost 12% of its health.
    Dug used Aerial Ace.
    It's not very effective...
    A critical hit!
    Electivire lost 19% of its health.

[​IMG](53%)------------------------(69%)[​IMG](SR)

Oh boy, he just made a big error. An Earthquake will dispatch him easily, I just hope this Electivire isn't Scarfed or something, or I may be doomed!

Dug used Earthquake.
    It's super effective!
    Electivire lost 68% of its health.
    Ghett0's Electivire fainted.

[​IMG](53%)---------------------(OUT)[​IMG](SR)

Well, first Pokemon out on his side, Score is 1-2, his lead.

I had to switch to my Electivire, only to get struck down by an Earthquake. Dang. Heres to throwing Blissey back into the frey.

Ghett0 switched in Blissey (lvl 100 Blissey ?).
    Pointed stones dug into Blissey.
    Blissey lost 12% of its health.
    Dug used Earthquake.
    Blissey lost 32% of its health.
    Blissey used Softboiled.

[​IMG](53%)---------------------(81%)[​IMG](SR)

Well, the cycle is repeating itself now, and without Aerodactyl around, this will be a pain in the neck. Not much I can do against this, even Earthquake will be able stop Blissey, but like a dolt, I keep Dugtrio in, being obstinate about it. Softboiled is really annoying.

Dug used Rock Slide.
    Blissey lost 16% of its health.
    Blissey used Softboiled.
    Blissey restored 36% of its health.
    ---
    Dug used Rock Slide.
    Blissey used Counter.
    Dug lost 53% of its health.
    K.S.I.'s Dug fainted.
    Dug's Mago Berry restored its health a little!

[​IMG](OUT)------------------------------(100%) [​IMG](SR)

Well, Blissey is in, at full health, and Dugtrio is down after tanking it's attacks. Excellent.

Ugh...I really hate Blissey, Softboiled is a pain, if there was some way I could manipulate it...Anyhow, I decide to throw in Alakazam and see if I have a good opportunity to Scarf Blissey.

Alakazam used Safeguard.
    Blissey used Counter.
    But it failed!

Seeing as I didn't think I had a good chance, I decided to switch to Electrode, yet another slop for me. Didn't I learn from the first encounter? Guess not.

Blissey used Counter.
    But it failed!
    ---
    Electrode used Signal Beam.
    Blissey lost 7% of its health.
    Blissey used Softboiled.
    Blissey restored 21% of its health.
    ---
    Blissey lost 7% of its health.
    Blissey used Counter.
    But it failed!

[​IMG](100%)----------------------------(93%)[​IMG](SR)

This, again, didn't do me any good. So I once again switch to Alakazam, seeing as he was using Counter as opposed to Seismic Toss in recent rounds, I start seeing this pattern and wonder if I can catch him on Counter or SoftBoiled. Time for a gamble! This is when I came upon what I thought was a stroke of genius, albeit a very small one.

Alakazam lost 40% of its health.
    Your team is no longer protected by Safeguard!

[​IMG](60%)------------------------(93%)[​IMG](SR)

Well now, Alakazam is back on the battlefield, time for a Trick! The (un)lucky recipient of Choice Scarf is~!!!

Alakazam used Trick.
    Blissey obtained Choice Scarf!
    Blissey used Counter.
    But it failed!

Yes!
    The gamble worked! Now it is time to start the second step of this plan. This plan is going to put Blissey into the deep freeze! Time to Recover then switch!

Alakazam used Recover.
    Alakazam restored 40% of its health.
    Blissey used Counter.
    But it failed!
    ---
    Ghett0 switched in Sceptile (lvl 100 Sceptile ?).
    Pointed stones dug into Sceptile.
    Sceptile lost 12% of its health.

[​IMG](68%)------------------(88%)[​IMG](SR)

Oh Pokeballs, he switched too. Now he has a Sceptile in, I must be losing my mind, but here goes. Say hello to my little SCISSOR!

Sceptile used Earthquake.
    It doesn't affect Gliscor...
    Gliscor used X-Scissor.
    It's super effective!
    Sceptile lost 66% of its health.

[​IMG](68%)----------------------(22%)[​IMG](SR)

He uses...Earthquake...Looks to me he forgot that Gliscor is part Flying. I can imagine Gliscor doing a little dance for a very successful X-Scissor attack. Now I just have to watch out for the impending attakc next turn and hope he survives. I forsee a Grass-type attack *feigning foresight*.

Sceptile used Giga Drain.
    Gliscor lost 66% of its health.
    Sceptile absorbed health!
    Sceptile restored 37% of its health.
    Gliscor used X-Scissor.
    It's super effective!
    Sceptile lost 58% of its health.
    Ghett0's Sceptile fainted.

[​IMG](8%)----------------------------(OUT)[​IMG](SR)

*Yelling through a microphone at high speed like an autioneer* -and Gliscor goes and mows Sceptile down~! The Score is even at 2-2 d.own to our last four Pokemon. Gliscor still has his Focus Sash ready, so he can survive another attack or two before he is taken down. So I decide to keep him in and allow Gliscor to scout for me.

Ghett0 switched in Porygonz (lvl 100 Porygonz).
    Pointed stones dug into Porygonz.
    Porygonz lost 12% of its health.
    Gliscor used X-Scissor.
    Porygonz lost 28% of its health.
    Porygonz used Thunderbolt.
    It doesn't affect Gliscor...

[​IMG](8%)------------------------(60%)[​IMG](SR)

Okay, a Porygon Z, and he attempted to use Thunderbolt, I am safe there for now. Lets see if I can get another X-Scissor off before he fires another attack. I expect he will use something that can affect Gliscor of course.

Gliscor used X-Scissor.
    Blissey lost 18% of its health.
    [​IMG](8%)-----------------------------(63%)[​IMG](SR)

Looks like T-Bolt not having any affect spooked him a bit, so he has switched back to Blissey. Looks like a perfect opportunity to me. Remember how Blissey has Choice Scarf on? Watch what happens.

Gliscor used X-Scissor.
    Blissey lost 17% of its health.
    Blissey used Softboiled.
    ---
    Ghett0 switched in Togekiss (lvl 100 Togekiss ?).
    Pointed stones dug into Togekiss.
    Togekiss lost 4% of its health.
    Ghett0's Togekiss fainted.
    Gliscor used X-Scissor.
    But there was no target!

Switches into Togekiss, whom gets KOed by Stealth Rock.

Gliscor used Taunt.
    Blissey fell for the taunt!
    Blissey used Softboiled.
    Blissey can't use Softboiled after the taunt!

-and Choice-Taunt is complete! Now he cannot use Softboiled! I wonder to myself if he will use Seismic Toss as I switch in Electrode, there is only one way to find out! Switchymon GO!

Blissey used Struggle.
    Electrode lost 4% of its health.
    Blissey was hit by recoil!
    Electrode's Static paralyzed Blissey!

[​IMG](96%)-------------------------(63%)[​IMG](SR)

-and he resorts to Struggling by default thanks to Choice Taunt, plus Static has Paralyzed Blissey! Fantastic! Now, he has two choices, either switch or Blissey goes down. Which will he choose? Lets find out!

Blissey used Struggle.
    A critical hit!
    Electrode lost 8% of its health.
    Blissey was hit by recoil!
    Blissey's taunt wore off!
    ---
    Blissey lost 13% of its health.
    Blissey is paralysed! It can't move!
    ---
    Blissey lost 5% of its health.
    Ghett0's Blissey fainted.

[​IMG](88%)-------------------------------(OUT)[​IMG](SR)

Well, Blissey got paralyzed and beaten by Electrode, hope Porygon Z can grab a win.

Well, the juggernaut is finally down thanks to Choice Taunt! Nice victory for Electrode over the behemoth of a wall. I wonder now what he will bring out next...

Ghett0 switched in Porygonz (lvl 100 Porygonz).
    Pointed stones dug into Porygonz.
    Porygonz lost 12% of its health.

[​IMG](88%)---------------------------(48%)[​IMG](SR)

Porygon Z, huh? I think Electrode has the edge due to speed over PZ. I use Signal Beam, thinking it might KO him, sounded reasonable to me at the time...

Porygonz lost 24% of its health.
    Porygonz used Psychic.
    A critical hit!
    Electrode lost 87% of its health.
    K.S.I.'s Electrode fainted.
    Porygonz lost 10% of its health.

[​IMG](OUT)------------------------------------(24%)[​IMG](SR)

PorygonZ scores a critical Psychic and finishes Electrode! Nice! Which will he bring, Alakazam, or Gliscor?

Me and my big mouth get slapped by a Critical Psychic. Ouch! Porygon Z is weak though, it time to bring Gliscor back in for the kill. Score is 5-4 My lead.
    Gliscor used X-Scissor.
    Porygonz lost 13% of its health.
    Ghett0's Porygonz fainted.

[​IMG](8%)--------------------------------------(OUT)[​IMG](SR)

-Aaaaaaand Gliscor deals the final blow to Porygon Z. Scizor is all I've got, so here goes.
    Porygon Z is out-of-order! A nice victory for Gliscor!

Alright! Now there is only one Pokemon left and it is....Aw crap! Major error in judgment ahead! Be on the look out for this humongous slop!

Ghett0 switched in Scizor (lvl 100 Scizor ?).
    Pointed stones dug into Scizor.
    Scizor lost 12% of its health.
    Scizor used Bullet Punch.
    Gliscor lost 2% of its health.
    K.S.I.'s Gliscor fainted.
    [​IMG](OUT)---------------------------------(3%)[​IMG]

Scizor Bullet Punches Gliscor with a vengeance, knocking him out and securing the win for Ghett0. Why is that you ask? Well, this requires a bit of back story. Originally, Gliscor was a pure Support lead for me, Using Stat Passing with Agility along with Taunt and Stealth Rock. This often caused me to lose many battles that came down tot he wire, because he had no way of hitting back the opponent, even if they were slower than he was.

Alakazam used Guard Swap.
    The Pokemon swapped stats!
    Scizor used Superpower.
    Alakazam lost 54% of its health.
    ---
    Alakazam used Safeguard.
    Scizor used Superpower.
    Alakazam lost 37% of its health.
    ---
    Scizor used Bullet Punch.
    Alakazam lost 9% of its health.
    K.S.I.'s Alakazam fainted.
    Ghett0 wins!

[​IMG](OUT)-------------------------------(3%)[​IMG]

ERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRT~!
    [Game Over]

Winner: Ghett0

I unfortunately recreated the same problem in Alakazam, by giving him no damage moves. Even with the great speed I gave him, he cannot utilize for the pure fact that he could not attack Scizor. Props to Ghett0 for the win.

Props to me:
    -Taking out Porygon Z with Gliscor at 8% health.
    -Thinking of using the Choice Taunt strategy.-Taking down Blissey with aforementioned strategy.
    -Coming so close to beating Scizor with the situation as it was.

My (Fat) Slops.
    -Bringing Primeape out so early without anticipating getting Seismic Tossed to death.
    -Bringing in Electrode against Blissey early on in the battle.
    -Not switching Dugtrio out when Blissey came hailing back in with Softboiled and Counter.
    -Not using T-bolt on Porygon Z instead of Signal Beam.

My Final Comments:
    The battle wasn't spectacular, and there was not much prediction going on. The battle overall was mediocre, but it was a very close match. I have had a few other close games, but not ones that had this much dramatics in it, with Blissey Struggling herself to the Kill Zone, and Gliscor taking down Porygon Z at 8% remaining. This shows my team needs many more improvements to it, since it doesn't really follow a singular theme.

This concludes my first Warstory, as well as my first story with another person. I you did enjoy this at all, I hope took the time to read it all despite it's length.

Good night and/or good morning.

2. XtrEEmMaShEEn3k2

XtrEEmMaShEEn3k2

Pretty awful warstory overall, neither of the players played even remotely well.
  3. Avira

Avira

Then why bother writing a warstory about this?

I agree.
  4. nyczxjay

nyczxjay

I stopped reading at this point and scrolled down to the comments to see if my assumptions were correct. They were. Next time, take a look at the warstories in the archive and see what a good warstory consists of. Picking a better battle wouldn't hurt either.
  5. supermarth64

supermarth64 Here I stand in the light of day
    is a Contributor Alumnus

Terrible warstory. Way too much hax, the other player didn't explain his thought track and it didn't seem like he knew much (Counter vs Alakazam? Seriously? And even Earthquake vs Gliscor). Some of your moves were idiotic, like staying in on Scizor with your Aerodactyl and trying to Signal Beam Blissey.

No. Just no.
  6. reyscarface

reyscarface
    is a Forum Moderatordefeated the Smogon Frontier

Terrible warstory, sorry for being harsh here but this was very bad.

Gliscor lead without Earthquake... an Aerodactyl without Stone Edge, Rock Slide Dugtrio when it can use Stone Edge? Sweet Kiss + Seismic Toss Hustle Togekiss, no attacks CHOICE Alakazam with Safeguard and Guard Swap (what the hell?), Psychic Porygon-z, Primeape without Close Combat and Giga Drain Sceptile when it can use Energy Ball / Grass Knot.

Not only the teams were awful, but the battle was full of terrible moves. The dude left his Taunted Choiced Blissey in to die to Struggle, when he could have switched out to get in later and use Seismic Toss, not only that but using a non damaging move when choiced too? You Signal Beamed Porygon-Z, when Thunderbolt would have done double the damage Signal Beam did, you brought in Electrode when Blissey could have easily standed everything thrown at her. Thunderbolt and EQ aimed at Gliscor, does he know what type is Gliscor in first place? Scizor using Superpower on Aerodactyl of all things when BP hits not only harder, but doesnt drop stats, and he used Superpower on Alakazam too, who resists it and is basically OHKOd by BP. You also kept using Safeguard with Alakazam instead of Tricking Blissey way before... why?! Bringing Electivire in on a DUGTRIO of all things too.

And thats not it, 2 flinches in a row, with a crit thrown in there, and also Porygon getting a match winning crit... hax isnt good to make a warstory of man.

Oh and im laughing at you saying Gliscor getting confused is a glitch, may I know why you say that?

Again, sorry if it sounded harsh, but your teams really need some work, the comments werent good at all, you basically mentioned what you were going to do without explaining WHY, which is what all commentary should say, and there was a lot of horrible moves.

Better luck next time.
  7. Ken Sical Ifreet

Ken Sical Ifreet

I think the 4chan translation after being translated back again into readable English of the part where I said keeping Electrode in against Blissey was futile would be "Oh my God, I am, like, SO STUPID! Why did I do that?!"

@reyscarface: That is because it said that Gliscor is already Confused, when Sweet Kiss had not been used prior to that turn.
  8. JabbaTheGriffin

JabbaTheGriffin Stormblessed
    is a Super Moderatoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Tutor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus
    Battle Spot Leader

Better luck next try!

ps i locked it first jibsy is slow
  9. Jibaku

Jibaku Not taking FS requests atm.
    is a Forum Moderatoris a Smogon IRC SOPis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Winner

To be honest, this was an awful read. I'm locking it before we get a stream of critics

edit: jabba X_X
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)