[Standard] Lord of the Flies Mafia - The Stranded Win!

I did stuff, died, and still won. God, using my complete shoutiness to fool those mafia hookers into targettin a pointless villager pretty much nightly so that the village inspectors could do their work surely paid off!

THE_IRON_...KENYAN?

Banned deucer.
However, TIk did the dumbest thing ever and claimed PUBLICLY. I mean, I think he was seriously lucky that the mafias had no hooker.

This was a decision based on the player list. If you look at the player list, you will notice that almost all the players are incredibly inexperienced, with more than half with 0-1 games behind their belts. I did not want an inexperienced player leading the village; this almost always ends badly.

I did take into consideration the Hooker "problem". In my 10+ games of mafia experience, along with how many games I have observed in the 9 month period ive played smogon mafia, ive never seen a single game with only one info gathering role that can be used to pin down a mafia and detect liars. Sure ive seen a lot of games with only one inspector, but this doesnt count out Batman, ratatta, the ever common tracker and watcher commonly along with it. There are a lot of ways you can combine roles to make the info gathering as great as a full role pm inspector, and these opportunities are a given in every mafia game in the history of forever.(not exaggerating) I will admit, I may have jumped the gun a little bit when it I posted my role pm to put more weight behind the Unclesam lynch; I really should have posted it only when someone asked; however, I could not think of a more trustworthy and transparent approach to leading the village and tempering the anticipated ferocity of UncleSams defense. (This was spot on B) ) I also figured there would be some kind of safeguarding thingamabop out there that could stack with the bg, as I have never seen or been in a game where those 2 things didnt stack. The risks of a newb leader with me not getting hooked simply outweighed the risks of me leading, getting hooked every night, but using the roles in an optimal way with my experience. I simply did not trust my fellow players to make good decisions.

My inspections were based upon the player list as well. I figured that if I found that one of the more experienced and cunning players(UncleSam, Pidge, GTS, etc.) were mafia, it would cripple the opposition and make BOTH mafias easy pickings(I was 100% correct on this one B) ), and if I found out they were not mafia, they would make fantastic village leader counterparts. I inspected UncleSam first because I thought he was a little bit better than GTS and the only other player I could think of that could match or exceed my skills at this game. I didnt inspect you because you were practically begging for it and said you were a villager that knew a neutral, basically wreaking of mole role(I was wrong on this but honestly that sounds pretty ridiculous.)

As of right now, HFB, you are inexperienced so when you get a few more games behind your belt you should be able to better understand why I have said the things ive said.

UncleSam

Leading this village
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Oh. It's over. Just one thing...why did Pidge get Six points for killing each mafia leader, as opposed to just the original one? That seems to make the wolf want to kill the mafias instead of the village, which was already ridiculously overpowered as is. See:
Corrupt PM said:
Dear Corrupt,
Your team consists of:

KnightoftheWind - Larry Craig - hooker
Millon De Floss - Bernard Madoff - thief
UncleSam - General Zaroff - ability checker
vonFiedler - Cyrus - Prisoner's Dilemma player

Starting on Night 1, the team leader may send a living member of the faction to perform a kill twice every three nights. The team always has a faction leader who must be the user who sends the kill PM, and the leadership is passed down if the leader dies. The primary leader is General Zaroff, and if the current leader dies, the position of leadership gets passed to Cyrus, then Larry Craig, then Bernard Madoff. You know that the village has no watcher, priority changer, question asker, or item checker. You also know that Kitsunoh, Jack Bauer, Bart Simpson, and Tingle are not in the game.
Now, clearly, the wolf of this game was set to kill mafias whenever possible. But was that really fair? 25 player games with two groups of four mafias are hard enough for the mafias to win, why did the village have close to a nightly killer helping them as well? Add on to this that they had a Full PM Inspector, a Bodyguard, a prisoner's dilemma guy, a hooker, a numbers guy to prevent us from claiming harmless neutral, a thief with the ability to kill if he finds an item, a role name inspector....ya, long story short, the mafia was fucked if we didn't rand kill both the inspector and prisoner's dilemma guy early on. I inspected zorbees n0 which was why I had him killed, but we had to settle for hooking the inspector. Also, Raverist, we were hooking both you and DLE (or at least that's what I told people to do) by just having one hooker hook you and the other hook him.

Then, of course, I was forbidden from talking to my teammates when that has never been a rule in any mafia game on Smogon ever. Sigh. Not sure what else I could have done here.

By the way, Johann, you really shouldn't have told me your entire faction and their roles.

And, at shucklesmyhero....really? You screwed over yourself AND us.

Pidge really shouldn't have killed vonFiedler until the next day (he could have won that lynch with his help), but hey, the Stranded had basically won at that point anyway.

Good game all, although I feel my team had the short end of the stick in terms of roles I do not believe any faction played better than the Stranded, so you deserve it (although it was mostly TIK and DLE tbh).

And one last shout-out...
GODDAMNIT TIK WHY THE FUCK DID YOU RAND INSPECT ME THAT SHIT IS GETTING REALLY FUCKING OLD.

@TIK
I didn't really trust you at first since you were very open about your role of being an inspector. Though I might not have as many games as you do under my belt and made several bad mistakes along the way, I still am quite experienced with mafias. The way that you presented yourself at first didn't really make me want to trust you since it seemed like you were a mafia inspector wanting to mole the village. Dale was able to later on prove that wrong by lynching members of both mafia factions. Although, I might have done the same thing in your situation.

Da Letter El

Officially internet famous
is a Community Leader Alumnus
Actually, even with vf's help (even if he were to use his mayor power), you weren't getting majority due to ABT's broken amount of minus votes. Unless pidge chose to randomly kill ABT the night before. Which odds are he wouldnt. And even then, it's a tie for the mafia at best.

And unclesam, your roles were way better than the destructive's imo. Thief > fear dude, the aids guy is only slightly better than a regular hooker, and then your ability checker was way better than just an alliance check.

And to be honest, I would have possibly have been receptive to not lynching darkamber the day that I did, but millon turned down my deal, so i figured all deals were off the table.

This will be elaborated upon in the postgame, but you should probably know that both Game Freak's and Raverist's roles were troll roles.

Game Freak201's importance inspection was false. I used a random.org coin flipper to randomly generate results for him.

Raverist's results were created before the game started, and he would get names that were not in the game no matter who he targeted.

Another troll role was GTS's. The resetter he was trying to find was Game Freak, so he could have accidentally killed a villager if he found Game Freak.

Overall there were a lot of opportunities for the village to mess up, but solid play from the village (ie DLE and TIK) solidified their win. The misinformation roles in the game never really caused much trouble unfortunately.

The mafia factions were intended to be balanced, and they pretty much were. Each side had a pseudo-inspection, a hooker, a dilemma player, a misinformation-spreading role, and a kill manipulation of some sort. Ultimately the differences were in the kill priority, the kill rotation, the dilemma options (fairly balanced), the STD paralysis (which actually never came up the entire game :0), the full-time thief, and lynch manipulation ability + -1 vote item vs delayed kill item.

Also Uncle Sam, you didn't need to claim harmless neutral. The mafias were given safe-claims. All you needed to do was match a role-name with a power and make a credible role pm.

If I were to do this again I would either put in a lot more misinformation roles, reduce the overall size of the village by adding in another neutral, or reduce the overall power of the village.

Raverist's roles were troll roles.
I somehow knew that upon getting my first results and having to defend myself from being lynched, and getting fuck all else afterwards.

Oh well, troll role, and the spate of no responds before my death could likely mean that hookers were trolled. This was fun, and I await postgame.

UncleSam

Leading this village
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
TIK, I am mostly joking, I know you had a good reason to inspect me. That being said, it does irk me a little that I get randomly inspected n0 or n1 pretty much every game (or at least in the last 5 or so).

And honestly, the village didn't have that many broken roles, just too many of them, and too many good ones. If they had like 12-13 men and their hooker had some kind of limitation, this would have been a pretty balanced game, although I do agree that the Corrupt were probably more powerful than the Destructive all things considered.

And DLE, if Millon turned down a deal to not lynch Darkamber/himself, he did so against my advice. I mean, you saw what I told him to forward to you. I lied about Bunnymaster's role because I had deduced he was their Alliance Checker/Fake Item Maker, which I didn't need and thus he was expendable. I told you he was Prisoner's Dilemma in order to get you to take the deal. And then Darkamber wasn't on and yet the hosts called majority. That was really the turning point, because we needed the thief role for as long as possible.

Acklow

I am always tired. Don't bother me.
Well, other than being suspect as a mafian for the majority of the game, I'm glad I was able to survive long enough to finish it. My role was too simple and gives anybody the excuse to use me as lynch fodder. I'm surprised it didn't happen though. Anyways, I kind of just did what I was told and didn't try to get on TIK/DLE's bad side(s). Of course, if BHG had successfully persuaded people to lynch me, well, I guess we would've had another Night, and Pidge certainly would've won. Anyways, this game was the village's once DLE established the last three lynch targets.

I have no doubt that my role had one of the smallest impacts on the game (except late game, but even then...)

I'm lost for words. I probably should've known since it gave me a no when I inspected TIK. Itchni's role didn't seem that important either. Still, I believed it since it gave me positives for Pidge and BlackHatGuy.

Why was this game based on lord of the flies if only 2 roles were from the book? Also, UncleSam I gave you my team because you said you would only cooperate of I gave you that info. I have many comments on this game that I will share in the postgame (there better be one).

Da Letter El

Yeah, TPM was the only person i ever cleaned...I only got 4 inspection results all game, one of which was where pidge redirected me to hd. So the only inspection results I ever got were unclesam n0, shucklesmyhero n2, and tpm n4.

Da Letter El

stopped me from getting hooked every night after I got it, but since you gave it to me on night 1, i didnt have it yet, so I got hooked that night. Night 3 i was redirected, not hooked. I assume the mafias tried to hook me on night 2 when I inspected shuckle, but it clearly didn't work.

Destiny Warrior

also known as Darkwing_Duck
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
@TIK: Well, OK then. The reason I asked was because it seemed a bit odd back then.

Also, I deserve some extra points for managing to detect a false claim N0 :P(KOTW claimed Kit, and I guessed it was a safe claim).

EDIT: Falsifying information bit was pretty good. I should use that line in the future.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)