Approved by LightWolf
Approved by LightWolf
1. In this game, the boundary between life and death is porous. All deadtalking is allowed. In this game, role PMs of dead users are not available immediately upon death. Instead, they are delayed one cycle before being revealed. When users die, the announcements of death are not delayed.
2. The game will begin on Cycle 0. There will be no kills and no lynch on Cycle 0. During Cycle 0, no one may paste the entirety of his or her role PM. Role PMs may be freely distributed starting from Cycle 1. PM Staraptor Call or Lady Salamence for help in faking a role PM. However, the hosts will not actually help you with the role PM, they will simply provide pointers for consistency with the model of the game.
3. Do not take grammatical errors in PMs as proof of faking. We are human and can make mistakes. This is an OPEN THEMED GAME. Role flavor has nothing to do with alliance - Darth Vader could be village and Mario could be mafia. Don’t expect the role PMs to have a consistent theme or even a consistent writing style. There are two hosts in this game, and we will most likely have different ways of writing.
4. You can paste things told to you by the hosts. You may fake logs. Do not take pasting of a host conversation as definite proof, these can be faked. If you want to fake a log, feel free to PM Staraptor Call or Lady Salamence for assistance. However, as said before, the hosts will not actually help, they will simply provide pointers for consistency. Impersonation of a host or another user however, is banned at all points. Please do not attempt to impersonate in any way. You also may not screenshot anything related to the game.
5. Each Cycle period will last 48 hours or until a majority is reached AND all necessary Action PMs are in. A grace period of two to three hours will be allowed in the latter case.
5.1 First rule about majority, don’t ask about majority. Majority is not dependant on the number of players, but the number of votes, which you don’t know, due to different factors affecting votes. So don’t ask when majority is gonna be, or how many votes until majority, and if you think it is majority do not tell me. We’d really rather it isn’t discussed at all.
5.2 No stealth lynching. The whole concept behind the lynch is a democratic process where people use discussion to defeat their enemies. Stealth lynching is metagaming, and the hosts will not tolerate it. We will prevent it at our discretion.
6. When lynching you must bold your vote and use Any Word <User>. To change your vote, you must edit your original post with your new vote. You may choose to No Lynch as well, and any votes towards a dead user (if he or she has been godkilled) will count as No Lynch. A tie in the vote will cause neither user to be lynched.
7. You may target dead users with your abilities. We cannot promise that anything will happen.
8. Priorities are set and will be kept secret. Don't even ask about them.
9. There are no items in this game. We will not prevent you from claiming thief/scavenger, but we do not recommend that you do so.
10. Staraptor Call and Lady Salamence MUST be informed of any IRC channels or spreadsheet/whatever else you create for this game.
11. IRC is compulsory for this game. To show that you have IRC and have read the rules, please include your usual IRC nick in your sign-up post. We reserve the right to sub out users without IRC.
11.1 Staraptor Call can usually be found on #fluodome, #warau, and #smogon. #mafiarising is the game’s official channel.
11.2 Lady Salamence can usually be found on #user and #capasb .
12. If you have any questions about the game, you can find Staraptor Call and Lady Salamence on Smogon, ready to be contacted by PM.
13. Send all PMs to Staraptor Call and Lady Salamence, and if you decide not to use an ability on a given cycle, don't forget to PM the hosts "Cycle X - Idling."
13.1 If you have a kill, you do not have to PM the hosts on the cycles during which this kill is not active.
14. You HAVE to be active, if you are caught inactive you will be sent a warning PM. If you keep being inactive, you will be subbed out without hesitation, please don't make the hosts do this. The consequences of inactivity will be especially bad in this game, for reasons the hosts will not disclose right now.
15. If a role PM and the rules clash in something, the role PM takes precedence. You may not target yourself unless your role PM explicitly says you can.
16. Please talk to us during the game, we get very lonely it will make for a better postgame! Please give reasons for your actions, this will also help.
17. If you are willing to be a sub for the game in case you do not get selected, you may mention that in your sign-up post.
18. If you post in the thread when silenced, break a posting restriction, or fail to vote for the person you were persuaded to vote for, you will be godkilled without hesitation, or a warning.
19. If you have a non-information role, you will not receive a result regardless of whether it succeeds or fails. If you think you should have received a cycle result but did not, you should contact Staraptor Call or Lady Salamence.
20. Do not believe that anything is too unbelievable to be true! In a similar vein, do not use past games which one of us have hosted as a method for disproving a claim. We may not use the same/similar roles.
Da Letter El (P2)
imperfectluck (only if there are 25 exactly)
the sea prince