1. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

[Standard] Mafia Rising signups

Discussion in 'Circus Maximus' started by Staraptor Call, Aug 2, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Staraptor Call

Staraptor Call

Mafia Rising
    Approved by LightWolf
    Rules:
    1. In this game, the boundary between life and death is porous. All deadtalking is allowed. In this game, role PMs of dead users are not available immediately upon death. Instead, they are delayed one cycle before being revealed. When users die, the announcements of death are not delayed.

2. The game will begin on Cycle 0. There will be no kills and no lynch on Cycle 0. During Cycle 0, no one may paste the entirety of his or her role PM. Role PMs may be freely distributed starting from Cycle 1. PM Staraptor Call or Lady Salamence for help in faking a role PM. However, the hosts will not actually help you with the role PM, they will simply provide pointers for consistency with the model of the game.

3. Do not take grammatical errors in PMs as proof of faking. We are human and can make mistakes. This is an OPEN THEMED GAME. Role flavor has nothing to do with alliance - Darth Vader could be village and Mario could be mafia. Don’t expect the role PMs to have a consistent theme or even a consistent writing style. There are two hosts in this game, and we will most likely have different ways of writing.

4. You can paste things told to you by the hosts. You may fake logs. Do not take pasting of a host conversation as definite proof, these can be faked. If you want to fake a log, feel free to PM Staraptor Call or Lady Salamence for assistance. However, as said before, the hosts will not actually help, they will simply provide pointers for consistency. Impersonation of a host or another user however, is banned at all points. Please do not attempt to impersonate in any way. You also may not screenshot anything related to the game.

5. Each Cycle period will last 48 hours or until a majority is reached AND all necessary Action PMs are in. A grace period of two to three hours will be allowed in the latter case.

5.1 First rule about majority, don’t ask about majority. Majority is not dependant on the number of players, but the number of votes, which you don’t know, due to different factors affecting votes. So don’t ask when majority is gonna be, or how many votes until majority, and if you think it is majority do not tell me. We’d really rather it isn’t discussed at all.

5.2 No stealth lynching. The whole concept behind the lynch is a democratic process where people use discussion to defeat their enemies. Stealth lynching is metagaming, and the hosts will not tolerate it. We will prevent it at our discretion.

6. When lynching you must bold your vote and use Any Word <User>. To change your vote, you must edit your original post with your new vote. You may choose to No Lynch as well, and any votes towards a dead user (if he or she has been godkilled) will count as No Lynch. A tie in the vote will cause neither user to be lynched.

7. You may target dead users with your abilities. We cannot promise that anything will happen.

8. Priorities are set and will be kept secret. Don't even ask about them.

9. There are no items in this game. We will not prevent you from claiming thief/scavenger, but we do not recommend that you do so.

10. Staraptor Call and Lady Salamence MUST be informed of any IRC channels or spreadsheet/whatever else you create for this game.

11. IRC is compulsory for this game. To show that you have IRC and have read the rules, please include your usual IRC nick in your sign-up post. We reserve the right to sub out users without IRC.

11.1 Staraptor Call can usually be found on #fluodome, #warau, and #smogon. #mafiarising is the game’s official channel.

11.2 Lady Salamence can usually be found on #user and #capasb .

12. If you have any questions about the game, you can find Staraptor Call and Lady Salamence on Smogon, ready to be contacted by PM.

13. Send all PMs to Staraptor Call and Lady Salamence, and if you decide not to use an ability on a given cycle, don't forget to PM the hosts "Cycle X - Idling."

13.1 If you have a kill, you do not have to PM the hosts on the cycles during which this kill is not active.

14. You HAVE to be active, if you are caught inactive you will be sent a warning PM. If you keep being inactive, you will be subbed out without hesitation, please don't make the hosts do this. The consequences of inactivity will be especially bad in this game, for reasons the hosts will not disclose right now.

15. If a role PM and the rules clash in something, the role PM takes precedence. You may not target yourself unless your role PM explicitly says you can.

16. Please talk to us during the game, we get very lonely it will make for a better postgame! Please give reasons for your actions, this will also help.

17. If you are willing to be a sub for the game in case you do not get selected, you may mention that in your sign-up post.

18. If you post in the thread when silenced, break a posting restriction, or fail to vote for the person you were persuaded to vote for, you will be godkilled without hesitation, or a warning.

19. If you have a non-information role, you will not receive a result regardless of whether it succeeds or fails. If you think you should have received a cycle result but did not, you should contact Staraptor Call or Lady Salamence.

20. Do not believe that anything is too unbelievable to be true! In a similar vein, do not use past games which one of us have hosted as a method for disproving a claim. We may not use the same/similar roles.

Signups:
    Reserved
    :
    Da Letter El (P2)

P1
    :
    Bob Squob
    dak
    Maxim
    Acklow
    Destiny Warrior
    billymills
    imperfectluck (only if there are 25 exactly)

P2:
    Aura Guardian
    Darkpenguin67
    Blue Tornado
    theangryscientist
    the sea prince
    Paperblade
    Tsuk
    General Spoon
    HSA
    Steven Snype

P3:
    Quagsires
    Ditto
    Walrein
    LifeAdmiral
    Cereza
    ginganinja
    KingofKongs
  2. Quagsires

Quagsires

3. Ditto

Ditto /me huggles
    is a Tournament Directoris a Forum Moderatoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

p2 now that I died N1 of Alliance.

IRC name: Ditto

EDITED!
  4. Steven Snype

Steven Snype
    is a Tutoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

i believe i'm p2 since i died n1 of that beginner game i subbed into.
  5. Bob_Squob

Bob_Squob

6. Mekkah

Mekkah
    is a Super Moderatoris a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Staff Alumnusis a Smogon IRC SOp Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
    Super Moderator

my IRC nick is Gmax|afk
  7. Walrein

Walrein

Gdi I wish I wasnt p3 because this looks awesome.
    Oh yea, I'm Walrein on IRC.
  8. Aura Guardian

Aura Guardian

P2 since I signed up for handicapable

EDIT: and my IRC nick is Aura_Guardian
  9. Darkpenguin67

Darkpenguin67

Edit:P2(Since I didn't get into Handicap mafia)
    IRC Nick: Darkpenguin67
  10. Lady Salamence

Lady Salamence is a three-dimensional retard.
    is a Smogon Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

cleared my inbox

but i should've saved a few couple...

<Quagsires> Save as a .txt then delete

<LadySalamence> too late

oh well
  11. LifeAdmiral

LifeAdmiral

P3, got into Handicappable. And for the record, it's LifeAdmiral, not Life Admiral or Life_Admiral.
  12. Blue_Tornado

Blue_Tornado

p2, will edit according to handicapped mafia edit: i didn't get in, so i'm p2

i go by the name blue_tornado
  13. theangryscientist

theangryscientist

EDIT: subbed into handicapable, so withdrawing signups into this
  14. Da Letter El

Da Letter El Officially internet famous
    is a Forum Moderator

15. Cereza

Cereza Tastes Like Candy

16. the_sea_prince

the_sea_prince

P2... ill be phoenix on irc... or pheonix...
    EDIT: i'm now P1 because i just subbed out of luigi ansion mafia
  17. ginganinja

ginganinja Dating Haunter
    is a Forum Moderatoris a CAP Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

P3

IRC nick the obvious ginganinja
  18. kingofmars

kingofmars
    is a Past SPL Winneris a VGC2 Winner

19. Paperblade

Paperblade

p2, IRC nick is the same as my username here
  20. Tsuk

Tsuk

p2

tsuk
  21. Maxim

Maxim

P1

IRC: Maxim_6
  22. Staraptor Call

Staraptor Call

I still don't have enough people to start the game. I'm extending the deadline by 24 hours. If I still don't have enough people by then, I'll postpone the game until one of the current games finishes.
  23. General Spoon

General Spoon

p2

IRC nick is "GeneralSpoon"
  24. Acklow

Acklow

Might as well join. I was going to do Handicapable Mafia, but some stuff came up.

P1 and IRC nick is obviously "Acklow".

Question though: What amount of players need to be in this game to get it going?
  25. Lady Salamence

Lady Salamence is a three-dimensional retard.
    is a Smogon Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)