[Standard] MAGMAfia - GAME OVER: Team Wolfsauce (Quagsires/Ditto) Win! Postgame UP

Yeti

dark saturday
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
WELCOME TO MAGMAfia!!
Still approved and P1 list randed by billymills.

The Magmians are a peaceful civilization, dwelling in harmony with their superheated environment. They are composed of all sorts of fire-loving, magma-formed creatures. Their adoration of hot, lava homes has united them into one peaceful group.

Additionally, they have a leader they cherish above all else, who has managed to bring together their slightly-related, Warring Brethren into one big, peaceful happy family.

But their temporary allies are a rather xenophobic group, and if anything happens to the leader who shares such prominent traits of both groups, they will break off and go it alone.

For now, everything is nice. The Lynchpin is alive and well, and the civilization prospers.

However, not everyone is so happy that the center of world commerce is a lava pit...

The Aquanauts want the world flooded, turned to a watery home with underwater civilizations and submarines everywhere. They see no need for all the fire and burning and heat, instead wishing they were the dominant group.

Though they have different ideals, the Electros also want to take the world from Magmians. They want somewhere run entirely on electricity, with sparks and powerlines running everywhere instead of steam and heat power. Some futuristic, gear-oriented, lightbulb-happy society.

These groups have come together, clashing. While the Magmians and their Tentative Allies are stronger now, who knows if the Aquanauts and Electros can beat them together, or off the Lynchpin and take on another force as well?

Of course, there may be some unattached figures milling about, who don't belong to anyone. It's up to you to determine if they exist or not. After all, neutrals DO tend to suck...

The first skirmish is on, and after the mafia goons have fled the scene, a bloody pool lies in the middle square of the Center of the Earth.

After being knocked unconscious and drowned in a bathtub, then tossed out a window, Yeti's dead body lies in the street, the Aquanaut's first unfortunate victim.

Dear Yeti, You are Moltres

One-third of the original legendary trio, which gives you some street cred at the annual Legendary Christmas Bash, you are dat garbage movepool. Articuno has some better swag, and we all know that jewbag overperformer Zapdos gets better every gen, but you’ve always been limited to...Flamethrower. And maybe Solar Beam if someone’s running Sun. Fortunately, the Magmians are all about magma and fire and etc., so your limited ability to only properly use fire moves finally fits in.

Every night, you may PM Yeti and StevenSnype with “NX - Flamethrower dat USER”. You will use your 100% accuracy STAB mite_b_burnin move, one of the few things in your movepool you can work with, to roast that user’s recently-obtained nude pics of Lady Salamence. They will cry for a full day and night that before they could look at the bulbous ‘beauty’ contained in the images, you BURNED that sickness, and be unable to talk to anyone during this time.

You are allied with the Magmians. You win if the Magmians eliminate all threats.
Beside her, with electrodes still sticking out of his neck and electrocuted to death, a sickening scent of crispy, burnt flesh emitting from his charred body, Steven Snype's corpse rests.

Dear Steven Snype, You are the Master

The most sinister Time Lord of all that just does things for the hell of it. You are quite loaded with information and love to play mind games with anyone. For example, you know that you are the only Magmian who does not follow a Fire theme. Oh oops, did I just say that? Maybe you were meant to see this or not. Oh well, it doesn’t matter. It’s little quirks like these that help make up your explosive personality and this last sentence sometimes alludes to a reason as to why they joined Magmians or it might not. You wrote most of these role PMs and used various amounts of flavour in this introductory paragraph. You know to expect anything here from an essay to a “.”

Every night, you may PM Yeti and Steven Snype with “NX - Taking USER’s DNA”. You will take USER’s role PM and mold it into any fashion you want, altering USER’s role into any way, shape, or form possible or impossible.
Since you also like to screw people over if they are being uncooperative, you may also PM Yeti and Steven Snype every other night with “NX - Taking it out on USER” You will godkill USER on a whim.

You know that if anyone has any extra information in their role PM, it would be placed after the action PM like this. You also know that not everyone’s role will stay static throughout the game.

You also know that when Yeti typed up her set of role PM’s, almost half of the role PMs have “StevenSnype” and should not be used as grounds for lynching as Yeti wrote some Magmians and some <snip> and some <snip>.

You are allied with the Magmians. You win if the Magmians eliminate all threats.
The battle for the earth has begun with these casualties. Will you help win, or sit back, idle and hope someone fights for you?

Rules
1. While you are alive, feel free to talk about the game. Once you have died, you may not discuss the game with anyone not allied with you. You may not share information you gained after death no matter what.

2. The game will begin on Night 0. There will be no kills on Night 0. During Night 0, no one may paste their Role PM. Role PMs may be freely distributed starting from Day 1. PM Yeti and/or StevenSnype for help in faking a role PM. Which you probably should do.

3. Do not take grammatical errors in PMs as proof of faking. We are human and can make mistakes. We have tried to keep all text relatively the same, but there may be discrepancies. If you believe there are, PM us and we will correct them. Do NOT correct them yourself. Yeti and Snype both wrote PMs and will both send. There is no set number of sentences for intro or action flavor.

4. You may paste things the hosts tell you, but do not anticipate everything we tell you is true. You can paste fake logs; PM Yeti or StevenSnype for help faking a log. No screenshots. We may lie to you as hosts, especially Snype because he really wants to lie to you.

5. Each Day period will last 48 hours at the start, then be cut to 24 as people die. There are no grace periods. The day will end early if majority is reached on the vote as soon as a host is on to update.

6. We will allow stealth lynching if you can successfully pull this off. Good luck. You'll need it.

7. During the day you must bold your vote and post flavor <User>. To change your vote, you must edit your original post with your new vote. You may choose to No Lynch during the day as well, and any votes towards a dead user (if he or she has been godkilled) will count as No Lynch. If you wish to vote for nothing at that time but have already voted, unbold your original vote and state something along the lines that it is retracted. Any ties will result in a no lynch.

8. Each Night period will last 48 hours or until all PMs have been received. This will be cut to 24 as people die.

9. Feel free to target dead users with your abilities. We cannot say if anything will come of this, and it is very likely nothing will happen. However, there are exceptions.

10. Priorities have been set beforehand. You don't get to know them until the game ends.

11. There are NO items in this game because we always lose track of them anyway and Yeti thinks they're too annoying. Plus TTV Mafia was a piece of trash items-wise. Claiming thief might be stupid.

12. There are no Day Actions in this game. This is why the lynch will end with majority.

13. Inform Yeti and StevenSnype of all channels, spreadsheets, etc. you make for this game. Give us access: ask for our emails, our registered IRC nicks are Yeti and Andrew.

14. IRC will be of great assistance to you in this game and other users may be very annoyed if you don't have it. It's not that hard to gain access to: you never have to pay to use mIRC if you hit Continue twice, Mibbit is free, etc.

15. Send all PMs to Yeti and StevenSnype so we can both update. If you are choosing to idle, please PM "NX - Idling" so we know you are active. You may submit actions on IRC, if you want to confirm kingofko- I mean Snype wrote the right target down you may do so.

16. Be active or get out. You will almost assuredly lose this game if you are not active and anyone who could rely on you will be hampered by your inactivity. We will send a warning PM if you do not show to the channel and/or send a PM. After that, we will sub you out. We will NOT postpone deadlines if you do not meet them unless you ask us to give you an extra hour to discuss/coordinate. We WILL ask for subs on anyone who signed up and didn't get in.

17. If a role PM and the rules clash in something, the role PM takes precedence.

18. We are your hosts and we will be writing the Postgame, so please talk to us about your thoughts on the game. While we cannot confirm or deny any suspicions you may have, we would love to hear them. We would also like reasons for your actions if possible.

19. Your WC does not specify the faction names - assume "all threats" means anyone not on your faction.

20. If you post while silenced/kidnapped/break a restriction/show on IRC in NOC or anything similar you will be godkilled. If you try to obtain Lady Salamence nudes you likely will be godkilled.

21. The official IRC channel will be #MAGMAfia so please join.

22. If you have a non-information role, you will not receive a result unless it fails. If you think you should have received a result PM but did not, you should contact the host that performed the last update, or the other one if they appear to be free to review your case.

GAME-SPECIAL
23. This game was advertised as a 1 village vs 2 mafia game. This may or may not change during the game... It is actually a lynchpin game. There is a third mafia currently united with the village. If the lynchpin is killed, they will split apart into the village and a third mafia. You will know this happens because the lynchpin will be dead. While the lynchpin lives, the village and the third mafia have the same WC and are one team.

24. There may or may not be some unaligned chaps. We all know how crappy most neutrals are so whether there's any or not is up to you to figure out.

25. Remember, no day actions and no items.

26. Upon the lynchpin's death, certain abilities may be gained or lost. These may or may not be visible in inspections before death.

27. There may or may not be misinformation roles in this game, and the hosts will follow whatever misinformation is being spread throughout this game. For those of you that need a bit of spoon-feeding, Yeti and Steven Snype may lie.

28. Images will accompany Role PMs that are posted upon death. They are not sent to you.

29. All village Role PMs were sent by YETI. If you make a fake, remember to change who sent it to you to Yeti, or have her PM you the fake you make to forward.

Playerlist
Walrein-->Jalmont
Quagsires
zorbees-->ginganinja

Dead
Deinosaur / Smokey the Bear / Vanilla-->+5 Voter (unobtained) / Magmians / Beheaded D1

Ace Emerald / Frankenstein / Hooker + Flow Watcher / Electros / Beheaded D2

Hydrattler / A Lava Flow / Reverse Martyr / Magmians / Castrated over Ponylove N2
General Spoon / Fire Belly Salamander / Safeguard / Magmians / Drowned in a Kitchen Sink N2

auramaster / Magma Draik / (Self)-Watcher + Bodyguard / Lynchpin / Electrocuted N3

MK Ultra / Suicune / Bodyguard + Ping Disruptor / Aquanaut / Charbroiled N4
HSA / Zapdos / Bodyguard + Track/Watch Mask / Electros / Castrated for being a brony N4
wickdaggler / Mount Vesuvius / Tracker Twin&Alliance Check / Magmians / Drowned in a Scummy Pond N4

Ditto / Firefish / Lynchguard + Hooker + 1/2 Bodyguard / Team Wolfsauce / Beheaded D5

theangryscientist / Mushu / Bodyguard / Dragons / Castrated for loving ponies too much N5

kok/loudkirbyking / LightWolf / Inspector + Ping Disruptor / Electros / Beheaded D6

Paperblade / Krakatoa / Tracker Twin&Alliance Check / Magmians / Drowned in Snype's urine N6
Flamestrike / Pyrovile / Inspector / Magmians / Hit by a fireball N6

NJig/Empoof / Great White Shark / Hooker + Self-Watcher / Aquanauts / Beheaded D7

Maxim / The Pyromaniac / Vigilante (activated) / Magmians / Castrated for taking pleasure in ponies N7

Tsuk / Sailor Mars / Super Mayor (+10) / Magmians / Castrated for showing affection to haired plastic N8
Lady Salamence / J-Lo / Hooker / Magmians / Hit by a fireball N8
HummingbirdTG / Heat Miser / Bodyguard / Magmians / Drowned in hot sauce N8

askaninjask / Spyro / Safeguard / Dragons / Beheaded D9

Slim Guldo / Ecco the Dolphin / Alliance+Role Check + Hooker + Flow Watcher (activated) / Aquanauts / Beheaded D10

Darkpenguin67 / Magmar / Ping Safeguard / Magmians / Castrated for ponytime N10
Chomz/Jalmont / Arsonist / Backup BG or Vig (Vig activated) / Magmians / Hit by a fireball N10

zorbees/ginganinja / Spike / Inspector / Dragon / Beheaded D11

Walrein/Jalmont / Ho-Oh / Ping / Magmians / Castrated for keeping the wolf alive for ages N11

QUAGSIRES (WATERFIRE) AND DITTO (FIREFISH) WIN!

ROLE PMS ARE ALL OUT. Game is ON. REMEMBER, ALL VILLAGE PMS ARE SENT BY YETI. Snype got home to send the mafias their PMs but DO NOT FORGET HE DIDN'T SEND ANY VILLAGE PMS.

Deadline is in 24 hours due to no sharing role PMs yet or kills so no point in dragging it out. 12/27/11 4PM PST.

Yeti

dark saturday
ALL PMS ARE OUT, DEADLINE IS 24 HOURS. Rand a target if you need to.

PS Village PMs were sent between 4:30 and 5:20 if someone nags you for the time.

Ampharos

tag walls, punch fascists
Alright Magmians, I'm gonna lead this shit to victory. I'll be pasting my PM publically, but for now, I will say that my role name is Ho-oh with a quite easy to prove ability. I would like a role name claim at the very least from all Magmians and Brethren. I would love ability claims, but I can understand some N0 paranoia. [awkward post conclusion]

ADDENDUM: since some are extremely wary unless I post my ability, my ability is similar to anonymous messaging in MP2, except that I don't actually message, just "ping" people.

tl;dr I'm cool claim pls

Ampharos

zorbees is a liar.

Inspector should either check me or check a random, then claim with results. I'm flexible either way. The faster we organize, the faster we can start cleaning people.

GL and have fun all! (New guy here, hope all goes well though!)

@ Walrein: How would we know if you're Magmian or Warring, though, even if you may be village? Ho-oh does, for one, appear warlike, or maybe even fulfilling the criteria of a leader "they cherish above all else", being a legend... Given these doubts though I'm not sure if it'd be good for even village to claim yet, for Magmians' claims might end up falling into the wrong hands?

Yeti

dark saturday
point 1:
"Warring Brethren" is not the name of the village-aligned mafia. They have not been named at this point in the game, nor is their name in the OP. It was simply a reference point.

point 2:
"cherished leader" flavor refers to the LYNCHPIN. Sorry if that wasn't particularly clear. The lynchpin is still the one role you probably want alive more than any other because if the lynchpin dies, you lose the third mafia as allies. Whether Walrein is the lynchpin or not from the flavor of Ho-Oh I cncnd. And he may be with the third mafia, or even the Aquanauts/Electros!!! Who knows. Just wanted to clarify those points that the leader flavor is the lynchpin and the third mafia is unnamed so you can't use flavor to find them as of yet.

Ampharos

If I was lynchpin, I would have to be mentally retarded to claim in public, especially on night 0.

To our mysterious allies: I have every intention of keeping the lynchpin alive for the entire game, so don't be afraid to claim!

To the lynchpin: I understand completely if you are too paranoid to claim, but it would definitely be easier to keep you alive if I knew who you are ;)

Just throwing my support behind Walrein here. Might be a bit early, and I do have a tendency to misplace my trust, but his immediacy in stepping up makes him look genuine in my eyes. His ability sounds a bit vague, though; I'll like to see exactly what it is if he shares his PM tomorrow.

I'm throwing my support behind not-Walrein. I do not trust this guy to lead effectively.

[08:06]GeneralSpoon Unfortunatly my mind is made up
[08:06]GeneralSpoon I do not believe you can effectively lead
[08:06]GeneralSpoon you are what 14?
[08:06]Walrein No
[08:06]Walrein That's kok
[08:06]Walrein I'm 15
[08:06]GeneralSpoon as if it matters

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)