[Standard] MegaMan Battle Network Mafia - Game over: blue_light and wickdaggler win!

You kind of pissed off everyone in Scilab with your rants, even if it wasn't common knowledge that I was a killer, Scilab still would have supported me in a Kingmaker situation because of how annoyed they were of you.

reyscarface

is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a defending SPL Championdefeated the Smogon Frontier
World Defender
Yo, how do you expect me to do something? He had protections on both nights and days, couldnt do shit to beat blue light here, and instead, after I died, my faction decided to fuck you up instead of blue light, to which I agree completely!!

Pretty sure Rey had the safeguard on him at all times so it didn't even matter.
The fun part is the great Safeguard forgot to Jack In night 0, so he only stopped hooks from me, you guys could have inspected / redirected / jacked me out / etc since Night 2 lol.

Yeti

dark saturday
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
we didn't have a redirector
we didn't want to bother inspecting you
even when we jacked you out n4, you still redirected my kill

not my fault you played like a bad village!!
you entirely ignored the threat of a neutral. you could have at least worked on breaking his LPV and his BPV only worked if he idled if I read that right.

petty little scilab, played like a noob village till the end B)

when interwebs suicided i was like "sadface" because i knew bl/scilab would be more of a problem and less agreeable than him.

but there wasn't really much i could do since we got jewed so badly. self-persuading voter and kill redirector on a bigger faction is jacked up. there wasn't much we could do to fight that efficiently until rey was gone and then we just didn't have the numbers.

macle wasn't even WWW when he tried to lynch rey, we didn't convert him till later. but of course everyone is just too stupid to lead besides you!!

i'm proud we randtargetted the scilab bg #1, vig and inspected rey's twin though. B)

Technically Yeti you were in a stronger position than I was. I don't know about the priorities in this game, wolves don't necessarily have higher priority than mafia in terms of killing like in #fluodome. You were every bit as powerful as me, in fact moreso because your bpv worked even if you completed night actions which made you a much stronger role in a 1v1 fight, but your main downfall was that you were very flamboyant and loud and you drew a lot of attention to yourself. You projected yourself to the so-called lemmings as Public Enemy #1, so you lost in the end because the Scilab only saw you in their line of sight.

Yeti

dark saturday
I only got the BPV just that night though. Which was the only reason I thought, should you have killed Fangren, it was almost assured I'd win.

I was almost positive you and interwebs would have killed before me, but I would have killed before SciLab. And that the priority was set to be such.

When my redirected kill hit wickdaggler his kill still went through. It said in your new PM your priority was the same as his meaning you should've gone before me kill-wise.

I lost partly because rey was convinced you had no kills and probably told the rest of SciLab the same. They thought only I was the threat, whether I had truthfully called them lemmings or not.
(o 5:29:43 pm o) <Palkia> you played it like a village game
(o 5:29:44 pm o) <Palkia> you lost
(o 5:29:46 pm o) <Palkia> accordingly
(o 5:29:50 pm o) <Palkia> congrats ??
(o 5:29:56 pm o) <supermarth64> thanks
(o 5:30:10 pm o) <polelover44> how can you guys not wrap that around your heads?
(o 5:30:15 pm o) <polelover44> there is no mafia and no village
(o 5:30:19 pm o) <reyscarface> rofl we won ^^
(o 5:30:35 pm o) <polelover44> no you didn't lol
(o 5:30:55 pm o) <reyscarface> wanna bet?
(o 5:31:27 pm o) <polelover44> Yeti is lynched today, bl kills, remaining SciLabber is lynched due to bl's mayoral skills
(o 5:31:39 pm o) <Palkia> how do you win
(o 5:31:39 pm o) <reyscarface> hahaha foolish you.
(o 5:31:39 pm o) <Palkia> jw
(o 5:31:47 pm o) <reyscarface> im not telling you of course.
(o 5:31:50 pm o) <reyscarface> youll see soon enough.

he was deadtalking tho but at that point it wasn't really important but still. SciLab didn't think you had kills so I doubt it would have mattered.

I only drew attention to myself to take a lynch instead of one of the other members since I had a LPV and we needed to keep up in #s until rey was gone and couldn't redirect us.

Not to mention most of the claims rey made were entirely unbelievable... who puts 3 inspectors on one faction? And who makes a role like his?

gg to my fellow WWW members. sorry I couldn't do better to save you guys but rey had a solid vendetta against me and it wasn't even due to this game. He was trying to make me lose in Remoraid too even though I was actually a harmless neutral. So it was just unfortunate he went after me with like 3 roles every night. For no actual game reason just because I'm a girl on the internet or some other petty reason ?_?

fool SciLab played the part of a poorly-led village and lost, just like rey's village in Remoraid!!
We lost too because we were just slightly underpowered and our safeguard couldn't stop our kills from being smacked up and neither could our secondary 'hooker'. But tbth SciLab lost so we're cool B)

I'm guessing that the program advance involved the Barrier type chips? Which is weird since I had one of the barrier chips =_=. Care to explain UncleSam?

Edit: Yeti, the Scilab would never lynch you until you were the last person on the WWW, simply because you had the best killing ability in the game (it ignored non-navi, navi) and because if they were to lynch you (they definitely knew you were lynchproof so they wouldn't lynch you anyway since you were inspected) then the WWW kill would be passed on to another mafia member and then they would have to go and find that member which is a lot of work when they can just permahook or perma redirect you to their heart's delight.

Yeti

dark saturday
There were like 4 barrier chips. We had 3 we needed but then they lynched RBG who had 2 and macle had the third. I got 1 barrier, I killed MM87 and got the second barrier, and macle's Holy Panel, and I think it was ABT who I killed for the third barrier.

You must have gotten the barrier chip that either macle or RBG had upon their death or a fourth from somewhere.

But yeah it was a Barrier power advance. Barrier R, Barrier100 R and Barrier*

UncleSam

Leading this village
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I'm guessing that the program advance involved the Barrier type chips? Which is weird since I had one of the barrier chips =_=. Care to explain UncleSam?
Three of the four Program Advances worked in this way: Get 3/4 chips (or 4/5 in the case of the ElementSword). The Chip not used in the Program Advance would disappear when the others combined. The Program Advances went like so:
LifeSword (1-Time Kill, Top Priority): 3/4
Barrier500 (BPV): 3/4
ElementBlade (Nightly Kill, stacks with other abilities, lowest priority for kills): 4/5
Big Heart (1-Time Revive): 3/3

I made it so that the better advances were more difficult to make, which worked out well in the long run I think.

I have a ton more comments to make, but, sadly, for two weeks starting tomorrow my only access to the internet will be via phone (everyone playing WWE can laugh at me as I attempt to play on an iPhone). I should have computer access back by about the 20th of June. Sadly, I am almost done with the Postgame but am not quite finished yet, and I have the SATs tomorrow so I will not be able to finish until losing computer access. I will post those in this thread in about two weeks' time, maybe a little longer.

For what they are worth (and to tide everyone over for the meantime), here are the various spreadsheets for this game:
Overall spreadsheet with roles, priorities, etc.: http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0AnavDj5MUzxydGFOZi1Ka0syQkVaWUtTWnctaDdSTVE&hl=en#gid=0
Spreadsheet with all night actions, day votes, and everything that happened: http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0AnavDj5MUzxydDhjU19WUFdKdjhFM2xIRktiNUFMQVE&hl=en#gid=0
Document with all Role PMs: http://docs.google.com/Doc?docid=0AXavDj5MUzxyZGdrNnM2cjVfMGRweGszaGZn&hl=en

Anyway, good game everyone, I would be willing to host another game if anyone is willing to put up with me, but to be honest I made enough mistakes this game that I feel as if I should give myself some time to think what went wrong with this game through quite thoroughly so I can improve next time. Thanks for playing everyone, and Postgame should be up in a couple weeks!

I would like to mention that I the only thing I ever did in the game was kill Flamestrike. I should get the award for Most Idle.
Yay -_-
Edit: Yeti, the Scilab would never lynch you until you were the last person on the WWW, simply because you had the best killing ability in the game (it ignored non-navi, navi) and because if they were to lynch you (they definitely knew you were lynchproof so they wouldn't lynch you anyway since you were inspected) then the WWW kill would be passed on to another mafia member and then they would have to go and find that member which is a lot of work when they can just permahook or perma redirect you to their heart's delight.
Yeah, this is pretty well spot on. We hoped to keep redirecting the kills, but after rey was jacked out we used Life Sword (program advance) to kill Veed and that was the night we both died.
Speaking of which, I admit, we had a pretty broken faction (three inspects, two bgs, rey's role, and persuader), but to be fair it was as if the rest of the game was centered around beating the broken faction (the unblockable kill being a perfect example of this). But I think it was the play more than anything that tilted the game against us, so good job to all the non-SciLabbers for managing to turn what seemed like a sure win for us into a loss. Also, rey, next time you should consider giving your twin the bg when you still have your bpv, you can argue all you want about double-targeting but in this case it probably would have helped.
Oh, and I couldn't help but laugh at macle when I saw he switched alliance twice, from SciLab to WWW to neutral. We inspected him N2 and I wanted to have the safeguard on him to make sure he stayed on our side, but that never happened

Yeti

dark saturday
Oh, and I couldn't help but laugh at macle when I saw he switched alliance twice, from SciLab to WWW to neutral. We inspected him N2 and I wanted to have the safeguard on him to make sure he stayed on our side, but that never happened
Since the check wasn't an actual power I don't think safeguarding him would have worked. The WWW check wasn't redirectable or hookable so I think it would have converted him regardless.

I wasn't sure if I'd been inspected d1/d2 yet but once I assumed they knew I was LPV I tried to bug them into lynching me..
which worked..
when I didn't want it to

:C

reyscarface

is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a defending SPL Championdefeated the Smogon Frontier
World Defender
Also, rey, next time you should consider giving your twin the bg when you still have your bpv, you can argue all you want about double-targeting but in this case it probably would have helped.
Not only you asked for it, I think MagicMaster did too, im not sure, but in the end I think me and Mattimeo(? or someone else) agreed it was more important to keep me alive due to not only my power, but the knowledge of what was up with the game and that double target could exist. Sadly Neutrals are complete bullshit and now I understand why so many people hate them.

Although i'm not in the game, i just want to point out something really harmful to Unclesam...

you are Ribitta/ToadMan

You are that really pathetic duo from Battle Network 5 that Chaud/ProtoMan was forced to sacrifice himself for. Fortunately, after that you grew a skin and started to actually fight for the cause of SciLab. Your healing songs and annoyingness as a reporter will be your primary asset against the WWW.
Chaud... Chaud...!? It's Baryl / Colonel who saved Ribitta, not Chaud! Urgh. Chaud saved Jasmine / Meddy, not Ribitta / Toad man.

My favorite character has been ruined ><

Ok, back on topic.

So we lost after all. At least the W3 didn't win!

I enjoyed most of the game, with only that one night where I died REALLY pissing me off more than anything else in any mafia game, so I guess I can't really complain.

I have to admit, until the moment reyscarface and whoever was Dr. Hikari died, I never trusted reyscarface 100%. I even talked with Yeti at one point about rey a few nights before that.

I never actually asked rey to have macle safeguarded, although I did call macle an idiot for claiming with such a possibility in his role, even if he did remove it when public claiming. I pretty much knew he had been converted once Yeti started defending him and trying to make him the main village leader.

Just curious, did polelover or blue_light ever use their Jack-In/Out abilities, aside from that one time that's been mentioned on rey?

Btw, I would like to point out that I was in contact with macle since N0. I knew the numbers by N0, knew that macle could be recruited (and therefore had an ally leading the scilab until my unfortunate randlynch of rey), and knew 6/8 of my faction by the time I died.

moot and johann didn't claim while the winning neutral team did, and therefore I assumed, since there were the correct number of claims, that I had unified WWW. Unfortunately, I let them both onto my channel. wickdaggler helped me set it up so I let him in, and wickdaggler was one of only 2 other people on the channel when I asked if I should let blue_light in after showing his role pm (He claimed mayor with lpv after I said "why don't you just claim neutral.")

I attempted to lynch a neutral d1 because I knew that we were outnumbered by the scilab and that there were enough neutrals to cause trouble. I mentioned coordinating lynches because macle probably would have if he was on, since it was the plan to recruit him the next day.

Right before dying, I entrusted the claims to two of the 7 other people on the channel: blue_light and yeti. One of those was obviously a bad idea. After using yeti's alliance check on blue_light and finding that he was a neutral, my faction created an alliance with him because we could both screw each other over.

Unfortunately, while those decisions made sense at the time, they ultimately were a large factor in the victory of wickdaggler and blue_light.

reyscarface, you played well as usual, however I would appreciate if you don't call people dumbasses when they are making a decision that is justified according to the information they have at the time. If you hadn't been such a dick to everyone then maybe blue_light would have worked with you and your "perfect play" might have actually resulted in a win.

It was fun while it lasted, and I would like to thank my fellow players as well as UncleSam and billymills. You 2 did an excellent job hosting. I don't think there were any major mistakes, and that is extremely difficult to do.

The balance of this game was pretty interesting, however in retrospect it seems like the neutrals have it easy when you have 2 broken factions fighting against each other, especially when they were fairly broken too. I really liked all of the "twins" in this game. It must have been cool knowing that there was someone you could always trust!

Well, another game, another d1 death. Maybe I will live long enough to get some experience next time!

Why didn't you just vote yourself? -.-
I mean, if worst came to worst, it would have just caused another lynch to be wasted.

Anyway, yeah, Anachronism, I have your shit.
I'm really surprised you didn't catch this, on RBG and macle's conflicting claims:

RB Golbat's claim said:
You are that deceptive bitch from MegaMan Battle Network 2, who somehow magically became good by the time Battle Network 5 came around. Battle Network 2 was the superior game, however, so we will roll with that (plus you were like WAY cooler as an evil bitch anyways). You are relatively high up in command of the WWW.
macle's claim said:
You have a mixed past. You are the son of evil criminal mastermind Wily, and you have also fought with and against SciLab, but since you were fighting WITH SciLab in Battle Network 5, UncleSam’s favorite game which you were in, for now you are allied with SciLab and determined to aid them as best you can. (Whoo that was a run-on sentence)
-_-

Oh, and just for reference, Battle Network 2 WAS the superior game

Edit: although some of the souls were pretty badass, but there were so many fucking loopholes, and the liberation thing was fucking stupid

That isn't just in the claims wickdaggler. That is also what it says in their real role pms. It would be stupid to put that in your pm without being certain. Apparently UncleSam threw some conflicting information in. However, I suppose that UncleSam's favorite game doesnt necessary have to be the best game in the series.

And anyway, I was right about both of them anyway.

My big mistake was believing YOUR claims. And b_l only claimed to me after I correctly said he was wolf and called him out for it on IRC. He then was like "I'm not a wolf you idiot, I am the WWW mayor." With what looked like systematic death approaching at the hands of Scilab, I decided to trust him.

Also, I am very angry that moot and johann never claimed to me. I put my neck on the line and they can't even give me a stupid role pm. Even a fake WWW claim would have been more helpful! It made us waste endless amounts of time trying to figure out who was truly in our faction.

reyscarface

World Defender
Originally Posted by Fat RB Golbat's claim
You are that deceptive bitch from MegaMan Battle Network 2, who somehow magically became good by the time Battle Network 5 came around. Battle Network 2 was the superior game, however, so we will roll with that (plus you were like WAY cooler as an evil bitch anyways). You are relatively high up in command of the WWW.

Originally Posted by Fat macle's claim
You have a mixed past. You are the son of evil criminal mastermind Wily, and you have also fought with and against SciLab, but since you were fighting WITH SciLab in Battle Network 5, UncleSam’s favorite game which you were in, for now you are allied with SciLab and determined to aid them as best you can. (Whoo that was a run-on sentence)

-_-
reeeeead

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)