1. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

[Standard] -- Monsters Mafia Game Over! Overused Win

Discussion in 'Circus Maximus' started by jigglypuffers42, Nov 7, 2010.

1. Engineer Pikachu

Engineer Pikachu Good morning, you bastards!
    is a Contributor to Smogon

lynch Anachronism

Really, shade? You're going to renege on your promise? Hurting your own credibility in a game is just making it harder for you in subsequent games.
    EDIT: Since you're not going to change (looking at the quote), change vote to Lynch Agape
  2. shade

shade sweet like sugar
    is a Forum Moderator

Winning isn't everything, it's the only thing

- Vince Lombardi
  3. Anachronism

Anachronism

Why would you give Agape his item back?
  4. Engineer Pikachu

The Awesome 3 made any [fair] deal so long as we could preserve our longevity short-term (like changing the lynch vote, which was what I did to danman with you). We went against the OM with the VU so that we could survive the lynch. I keep saying "we" instead of "polelover" because without one, the other is effectively spayed and neutered.

Giving the Horns to Agape was the only condition that shade would accept my plan aka tying the lynch, and allowing us to stay alive for another while, albeit not very long (as shown in this lynch). The night-killing spree was his idea. There was only one faction that was not the Awesome's or the Overused. That was your faction, the Undead. I'll admit, we planned it carefully, and shade was right, regardless of his unethical reneging or not: This has come down to a kingmaker.

Anachronism, you have a BPV. You have no night action. In this sense, you are a slightly upgraded villager. If that is so, why is the reason that you have decided to vote the Awesome?
  5. Agape

Agape

Vote polelover44

*insert witty quote in latin here*
  6. Anachronism

Anachronism

Yes, your killing spree worked well, but it still didn't guarantee that I lose. I assume that the Awesome has a higher kill priority than any of the other 3 sides, which means that you will be able to kill Agape or shade, and therefore I might have the opportunity of winning with the Overused at the end. If I were to lynch shade or Agape, I would run the risk of hitting an lpv, and even if I killed Agape then you would kill shade and vote me the next day, and I would lose. This wouldn't have been possible if polelover44 hadn't idled his kidnap tonight, so thank you for that. Your team's series of blunders in the end is also why I won't be helping you in the kingmaker situation. Shade deserves this win, and if I can win along side him then so be it.

Simply because that was the only condition upon which he would tie the lynch doesn't mean that you couldn't go back on your agreement...
  7. Agape

Agape

A kingmaker situation=lose for all sides.

Mafia=politics=backstabbing.

Backstabbing is an educated form of trolling, so mafia=trolling.

Everyone loses their credibility after a few games.

TAIYOHHH!!!!
  8. Blue_Tornado

Blue_Tornado

if i were still the brains behind this bad boy this wouldn't have happened js
  9. polelover44

polelover44

lynch Agape

Anachronism: Agape has a kill every night. We have a kill one of the next two nights. Agape can kill you so much more easily than we can.
  10. Anachronism

Anachronism

That is the logic that has caused you to lose this game. You and I both know your primary target is killers, although you can't win either way tbh. Also, I HAVE A BPV, why would you attempt to dispose of me by any other means than lynch?

Also, you both have a kill tomorrow, the only day that even matters anymore, so your kills are essentially the same for me.
  11. jigglypuffers42

jigglypuffers42

deadline

---------

You killz himz.

48 hours till next deadline; it is worth noting that anachronism will not be present too much in the near future so keep that in mind when contacting him. He has informed me about what he wants to do and I will do so for him (i.e. vote and send in a night action)
  12. Engineer Pikachu

Congratulations, Anachronism. You have just handed the game to the Overused. Sound familiar?
  13. vonFiedler

vonFiedler Visualize It
    is a Community Contributor

pole is a pole
  14. Engineer Pikachu

Was this meant to be in the "polelover, I'm calling you out" thread in Firebot?
  15. Aura Guardian

Aura Guardian

16. jigglypuffers42

jigglypuffers42

Game Over

Game Over

Update will come in an edit

-------------------------------------------

Engineer Pikachu Smashes through the street, eventually coming across shade and agape. Agape leaps into the air to strike Engineer Pikachu, but before he can, Engineer Pikachu Crushes the flames that surround Agape to death. The flames had a name.

But before he can even be relieved for shade's death, Agape's hand impales Engineer, killing him.

Anachronism has just woken up to see agape--the only other one who remains.

It's time to finish this.

They fight each other for 2 days and 2 nights, but, as the sun rises to mark the beginning of the 11th day, Agape is the only man standing.

Overused Monsters Win!

Expect Post game to be up within a week.
  17. polelover44

polelover44

fuck we would have won if I hadn't forgotten to send that PM to AG as well as jiggly

fuck
  18. jigglypuffers42

jigglypuffers42

Dont' worry, that wouldn't have gone without notice in the endgame, although look at this:

If you had kidnapped anachronism, then noone would be lynched, you would kill shade, unless you tried to kill agape and failed. Agape would've killed polelover, so it would have been:

Engineerpikachu, agape, and anachronism.

A3 has higher kill priority then agape, so assuming engineer wouldn't be lynched you would win, but that's an assumption.

In that position anachronism would've been in a kingmaker situation with 2 killers against him. So, basically, you would've won if you sent the pm to ag AND anachronism chose for you to win rather than agape.
  19. polelover44

polelover44

but engineerpikachu had the scythe so the kill on agape would have worked.
  20. Flamestrike

Flamestrike

Scythe didn't work on BG iirc.
  21. shade

shade sweet like sugar
    is a Forum Moderator

22. jigglypuffers42

jigglypuffers42

If scythe killed through bg then it would be by far broken.
  23. vonFiedler

vonFiedler Visualize It

How did you the Vicious Undead fuck this up. I practically gave them victory.

And I was right about knowing who didn't kill me. Cause I'm the one who removed pole's reverse BPV.
  24. jigglypuffers42

jigglypuffers42

Okay, I'd like to add one more thing in:

It is correct i never specified in the item flavor for the scythe that it didn't go through bg, but i thought it was automatically assumed or else it would be incredibly overpowered. You never targeted someone who was a leader, because they might be being bodyguarded, so this also gave me the idea that you knew.

But, with the assumptions aside, i do take blame for not being more specific in the item flavor.
  25. vonFiedler

vonFiedler Visualize It

Why, what exactly did the Scythe say?

The BG ability says that it prevents all kills, unless the Scythe said it had the highest priority or went through BG then why would you think it would?

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)