[Standard] -- Monsters Mafia Game Over! Overused Win

well it does state that he gets a second chance if it happens to fail

btw i don't think you're getting my point, i'm only implying it was not affected by my redirect (or rather life's), i'm not questioning your logic or anything

edit: if you meant ally by us working together regardless, it's not like he didn't have to kill me in the end or anything and i guess he didn't want to take chances

vonFiedler

I Like Chopin
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
I didn't want him as an ally. I wanted him dead, and with him gone I could have killed safely on the nights the mafia couldn't.

If it was blocked somehow that night that is total coincidence. It wouldn't have worked against you either way.

shade

be sharp, say nowt
is a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
i mean ally in both senses:

- it prevented vonfielder from getting a recruit early doors
- prevented necessary collaboration between the two parties. it was of mutual interest for the 'wolf' and the a3 to collaborate kills to cause the best spread of damage

lets wait for postgame for most of this stuff though guys

Well that was a fun game. Some problems through (from my end pretty much) did bother me. Here's what I do remember before an official postgame goes up (if one does)

1. Lloyd got killed while I was protecting him. Was I hooked or did it go through my protection (I should have taken the hit and lost my BPV if there was a mistake which I doubt)?

2. Fuck Israel's timezones and my specific internet. I'm trying to be active but it's not easy when 4 PM here is 9 AM in half of America. Not to mention that all of the deadlines came at 5 AM or something and I was usually the reason that they got extended. Sorry about that Jiggly and Aura.

3. I got lynched twice and neither took! Yay!

Well that was a fun game. Some problems through (from my end pretty much) did bother me. Here's what I do remember before an official postgame goes up (if one does)

1. Lloyd got killed while I was protecting him. Was I hooked or did it go through my protection (I should have taken the hit and lost my BPV if there was a mistake which I doubt)?

2. Fuck Israel's timezones and my specific internet. I'm trying to be active but it's not easy when 4 PM here is 9 AM in half of America. Not to mention that all of the deadlines came at 5 AM or something and I was usually the reason that they got extended. Sorry about that Jiggly and Aura.

3. I got lynched twice and neither took! Yay!
@1: You weren't protecting him. You were kidnapped.

Sorry if this has already been said; I am just now getting back from a 5-day trip.

After the double-kill on my faction, all of my hopes were rested upon the fact that polelover was not the killer for the next night, and that the A3 had higher priority than the Overused. I was hoping that lynching polelover would cause Engineer to kill Agape, which would allow shade and I to lynch Engineer the next day (meaning both VU and OUM won), but that clearly did not go as planned. Unfortunately, I did not anticipate that shade was a bg.

In any case, I think that the faction that played the best won (although I don't know how well DM played to be fair). I witnessed the communication problems of my own team first-hand, and was also told about the many end-game blunders of the A3 (Wow, you gave Agape his horns back? really? what an epic failure). The OUM (shade especially) were always planning, and communicated very well. shade also did well to keep important information in only a few hands, whereas my team was far too willing to hand over info to anyone, although I don't think there were too many important leaks. shade's command of the game was quite masterful, so I stand by my decision to vote with the OUM in the end-game.

EDIT: finally, I have a question. When did LifeAdmiral lose his BPV? Why was I not told about that before two of my guys died when I thought we were safe for a night -_-.

Engineer Pikachu

Good morning, you bastards!
is a Contributor Alumnus
Sorry if this has already been said; I am just now getting back from a 5-day trip.

After the double-kill on my faction, all of my hopes were rested upon the fact that polelover was not the killer for the next night, and that the A3 had higher priority than the Overused. I was hoping that lynching polelover would cause Engineer to kill Agape, which would allow shade and I to lynch Engineer the next day (meaning both VU and OUM won), but that clearly did not go as planned. Unfortunately, I did not anticipate that shade was a bg.

In any case, I think that the faction that played the best won (although I don't know how well DM played to be fair). I witnessed the communication problems of my own team first-hand, and was also told about the many end-game blunders of the A3 (Wow, you gave Agape his horns back? really? what an epic failure). The OUM (shade especially) were always planning, and communicated very well. shade also did well to keep important information in only a few hands, whereas my team was far too willing to hand over info to anyone, although I don't think there were too many important leaks. shade's command of the game was quite masterful, so I stand by my decision to vote with the OUM in the end-game.

EDIT: finally, I have a question. When did LifeAdmiral lose his BPV? Why was I not told about that before two of my guys died when I thought we were safe for a night -_-.
I said this already: Giving the Horns to Agape prolonged our longevity. Had polelover sent the PM to both hosts, then Shade would've been kidnapped, allowing us to tie the lynch, kill Agape, kidnap you, etc. etc. and let us win. If we did not hand over the Horns, then we wouldn't been lynched 2 cycles ago. I don't see how this deal hurt us. And:
The scythe may have had something to do with that, but I dunno for sure.
Yes. The Scythe allows kills to go through all "avoider" abilities, which wasn't very clear; it was confirmed to go through hooks and BPVs.

LifeAdmiral said:
oh
shut
up

be grateful you don't need to deal with this bs your whole life

by the way, you forgot the me getting loads of info from you despite you being so-called cautious

So we were partially fucked over by the RNG then when you got the scythe instead of one of us...oh well, we got lucky with lpv passing
He got it when he killed me, luck wasn't really involved at all (though I had gotten myself protected or sent it away during the day instead of waiting till the night like I should have it never would have happened -_-) Also jumping on the GMT-5 bandwagon (though I kinda miss GMT-4)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)