1. Welcome to Smogon! Check out the Smogon Starters Hangout for everything you need to know about starting out in the community. Don't forget to introduce yourself in the Introduction and Hangout Thread, too!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

[Standard] -- Monsters Mafia Signups (Closed)

Discussion in 'Circus Maximus' started by jigglypuffers42, Nov 4, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jigglypuffers42

jigglypuffers42

Approved by Gmax

Monster Mafia

In a far away world, there were 3 counties. Spanning vast expanses of sand, there were the Desert Mauraders. In the wastlelands there was a tribe known as the Vicious Undead. In the north, there was a large plain inhabited by those depicted by legend, the Overused Monsters. A summit of the commanders of the 3 nations is being held in teh imperial city, where the 3 countries touch. Who knows what'll happen there...

Reasons why this game will be better than Console Wars Mafia:

1) Game design.
    2) Game design.
    3) Game design.
    4) Aura Guardian

The game design is much better, and isn't a 2v1 game, but rather a multi (3) factional game. Also, the aura is with my co-host.

RULES

1. Whilst you are alive you can talk to anyone about the game. Once you are dead you cannot talk to anyone about the game, unless you are mafia and on the same team, in which case you may talk with members of your team only, and only for strategy purposes. Knowledge acquired after death cannot be transferred from a dead player to a living player.

2. Every user has a role PM. Role PMs may not be shown to other users on Day 0, but starting from Night 0 onwards they may be freely distributed. Screenshotting of all forms is banned. If anyone finds a person encouraging others to take screenshots or taking screenshots and showing other people, please be sure to report it.

3. You can paste things told to you by the host. You may fake logs. Do not take pasting of a host conversation as definite proof, these can be faked. If you want to fake a log, feel free to PM one of the hosts for assistance. Impersonation of a host or another user however, is banned at all points. Please do not attempt to impersonate in any way.

4. Each day will have a deadline of 48 hours. You may vote to lynch users during the day by posting "lynch USER" in bold, or "No lynch" if you don't want to lynch anyone (lynch votes will not count if they're not in the correct format!), and if you change your vote, you MUST edit the bolded text out of the old post if you post with a new vote. Once there is a majority as determined by the host, there will be a grace period of 3 hours, and if the majority is still in place after said grace period, the day will end. Please don't ask about when a majority is reached - once it's time for the day to end, it'll end (provided a host is there to update). The game will start on Day 0, and there will be no lynches on Day 0 unlike other days. There will be deaths n0. Day 0 exists for the sole purpose of making fake role pms

4.5. If there's a tie, there will be no lynch.

5. Each night will have a deadline of 48 hours. This gives you 48 hours to send your night action. Please state what you are doing in the PM title, it makes it MUCH easier to handle. Remember that PMs are to be sent to Jigglypuffers42 AND Aura Guardian.

5.5. If you're not going to do anything at night, send a PM titled "Night X - idling". This makes keeping track of things easier and informs me that you're still playing the game.

6. Priorities have been decided beforehand and will not be revealed.

7. This game features items. Items can be used at the same time as regular night actions, unless stated otherwise. You can give an item away during either the day or night, by sending a pm to Jigglypuffers42 and Aura Guardian stating "Night/Day X - Give ITEM to USER." You cannot use an item during the same night you give it away, however you can use an unrelated ability whilst giving away an item. Giving away an item has the lowest priority, and if you are killed/lynched the same night/day you attempt to give away an item, it won't be moved.

8. There is no "Scavenger" ability, and information about items (neither those initially held nor those held upon death) will not be revealed upon a user's death. Stealing abilities should not target a dead user - items go to the killer on death, or go to the official faction leader on lynch. Some items violate this role.

9. "Monster" can mean any monster that fits the theme team. The three villages are: the Desert Marauders, the Overused Monsters, and the Vicious Undead.

10. Only sign up if you know you're going to be at least fairly active. If I notice that you seem to be idle, I reserve the right to have you forcefully subbed out if necessary. I'll most likely nudge first, though.

11. Be careful who you trust. There are ways for win conditions to change during the game.

12. There might be a hidden faction not mentioned in rule number 9.

13. This game features alliances. If the alliance causes your faction to be allied with another, you cannot kill a member of that faction except through inaction. (Votes against allies and kill attempts against them will both fail.)

14. Upon the elimination of a faction, alliances are removed permantently.

15. All roles were written by Jigglypuffers42, though Aura Guardian made a few revisions.

16. There are three very powerful items. These designate the team leaders. They are randomly given to a teammate on death. Due to these items, don’t assume you can lynch a village leader, as these items will prevent it.

Reserves:
    Jigglypuff does not approve

P1
    RBG
    vonFiedler
    Undisputed
    Toothache
    Kharozz
    Anachronism
    PurpleFinger
    Fangren
    Polelover44
    Objection
    Rikheg
    Smashlloyd20
    engineerpikachu
    Flamestrike
    Precipice
    360Swampurt
    iiMKUltra
    Ultra Porygon
    macle
    danmantincan
    Life Admiral

P2
    Fatecrashers
    The Iron Kenyan
    Reyscarface
    Stevensnype
    Phantasia
    Captain Bagman
    Coolking
    Pidge
    Imperfectluck
    Agape
    Altair
    Wickdaggler
    Blue_Tornado
    Theangryscientist
    Shade
    Yeti
    The Lucario Effect
    King Emerald
    Midou
    Gamefreak
    nook
    nachos
    Rodan

P3
    Bunnymaster
    Quagsires

2. RBG

RBG Got a long list of ex-lovers, they'll tell you I'm insane.
    is a Smogon Social Media Contributoris a Super Moderatoris a Site Staff Alumnusis a Smogon IRC AOp Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus
    Facebook Manager

3. Fatecrashers

Fatecrashers acta est fabula
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

4. THE_IRON_KENYAN

THE_IRON_KENYAN 0 vv 0
    is a Forum Moderator

5. reyscarface

reyscarface
    is a Tiering Contributoris Smogon Frontier's Tower Tycoondefeated the Smogon Frontier

ill trust the higher ups that you design good games

p2 lol metroid prime
  6. Steven Snype

Steven Snype
    is a Tutoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

7. vonFiedler

vonFiedler GAMG GRGAK
    is a Community Contributor

p1

Give me the role that wins
  8. jigglypuffers42

jigglypuffers42

btw

<Gmax> btw nice game idea

Oh, and one last thing. I encourage you to pm me with a preferred role. In addition to giving everyone a role they want, it leads to less bitching towards endgame :)
  9. undisputed

undisputed
    is a Tutor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnusis Smogon Frontier's Frontier Lackeyis a Past WCoP Winner

in please p1
  10. tape

tape i woke up in a new bugatti
    is a Pre-Contributor

sadly p2
  11. Captain Bagman

Captain Bagman

12. Toothache

Toothache Let the music play!
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnus

P1, why not
  13. coolking49

coolking49

p2 can i be bigfoot or cyclops? Thank you :)

Yes, it is a joke duh.
  14. Kharozz

Kharozz

15. Pidge

Pidge

p2 !_! give me whatever role, cuz i play them all
  16. Anachronism

Anachronism

17. imperfectluck

imperfectluck
    is a Past WCoP Winnerwon the 4th Official Smogon Tournament

18. MK Ultra

MK Ultra BOOGEYMAN
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnus

19. Foster

Foster

I'll try this out. P1
  20. Agape

Agape

I approve of there being many new game concepts much.

The [experimental] tag is though overused now.

I'll sign up as P2. As I can't be active enough for p1 at the moment :7
  21. Fangren

Fangren

It's been a while since I've been utterly ineffective in a mafia.

P1
  22. Altair

Altair just who is the coon?

p2 gimme wolf >:D
  23. polelover44

polelover44

24. wickdaggler

wickdaggler

25. Objection

Objection

p1, and if I get faction leader status, I will apologise in advance to my faction.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)