[Standard] Paper Luigi Mafia - Fanboys And iiMKUltra Win

And thus started the first day of the grand hunt after the seven Star Spirits. Everyone looked really excited and charged forward, not like there was much to accomplish by that- the road between Toad Town and Koopa Village isn’t a challenging one. There you find a town completely outrun by.. fuzzies. Really now. You’d imagine koopas being a little more strong than that. This fact didn’t bother most of you, nor did the chaos, as you went along, heading for the Koopa Bros. Castle.

Luigi and co. couldn’t just let that fly by, of course, and decided to help. They were seen chasing after some fuzzies into the woods. That’s a bit odd. The bulk of you decide to dismiss even that bother and insist on heading forward, where the same Eldstar confronted them. “You’re halfway there. Congrats. It sure makes me feel good inside how not even one of you could help the poor koopas out.” You roll your eyes, in lack of anything better to say or do.

“Anyway, you had your first vote today. How was it? Fun? I’m actually pretty glad to report that plenty of votes were cast, and that’s a good start to things. But, of course, there are two victims of this, which I will reveal now.”

Eldstar ascended a bit and then, out of nowhere, came a huge fuzzy. Wow. He started bouncing and charging in the group’s direction. It seems that HiipFire, who had tried to retaliate, got hit by the bulk of the attack, an enormous 5 HP worth of unblockable damage! Spiffy, however, got worn out from the fighting, and it doesn’t seem like he’ll be able to use any actions tonight!” The crowd seems pleased from this end result, as they impatiently wait for the end of Eldstar’s little speech.

“Remember- I’m held just a slight walk away from here. You need to rescue me to prove that you’re fitting to enter Star Haven! So I expect you to fight for this cause!” And with that, he flies off. Some more stardust rains away, followed by silence. After a few moments, you return to charging your way towards the Koopa Bros. Fortress... Not before you see Luigi, slightly worn out, with a new face, whom is apparently named Kooper.

“Oh Luigi, there you are.” It was none other than Parakarry. “I got an updated Scavenge List for all to see.”
Scavenge Bank said:
[3] Chill Out - Slows incoming opponents.
[1] D-Down Jump - Ignores Defense.
[1] Dizzy Attack - Makes opponent dizzy.
[1] Double Dip - Increases agility.
[3] HP Plus - Raises maximum HP.
[1] I Spy - Alerts holder of a target's load.
[1] Sleep Stomp - Potentially puts a target to sleep.
[0] Slow Go - Holder becomes sluggish.
[2] Speedy Spin - Raises the holder's speed.
“Additionally, it seems that.. umm, I’d usually name a faction here, but it was surprisingly unclear. So, unfortunately, I don’t know who the strongest faction is. Thought you might want to know.”

And with that, he flies off, leaving the group to continue their adventure... What’s that up in the sky? It seemed like something has left some smoke, and it formed a message!
Hey, this is Quagsires, let's get us koopas organized. Inspect I hope you looked at me/Bass since we're asking publicly for claims, contact me if you did.
And that seems to wrap up the happenings of this day, as the group FINALLY continues their adventure.

It is now Chapter 1 Evening (Night 1), which will end at 8:00 PM GMT+2 (DST, since this wasn’t clear), Monday. No vote this half-cycle, just your ordinary Scavenge/Pass/Action. In addition, here’s your usual summary:

First Place: HiipFire
Second Place: Spiffy (remember that you can still scavenge or pass badges)

[3] Chill Out - Slows incoming opponents.
[1] Dizzy Attack - Makes opponent dizzy.

Strongest Faction: ??? !!!

Also--
Anonymous Message in the Sky said:
Hey, this is Quagsires, let's get us koopas organized. Inspect I hope you looked at me/Bass since we're asking publicly for claims, contact me if you did.
Result PMs are going out, be patient!

Also, I need another sub. I'm actually requesting people to stand up for the position this time, however! Since I won't be on after the time posting, just send a PM my way if you're interested.

uh.. deadline. I've gotten much less PMs this time around and I'm still looking for a sub, but I swore not to extend this half-cycle too, so I'm asking for next half-cycles to go more smooth.

I’m going to limit the storytelling, things are only getting more complicated for me.

You get to the castle, Luigi meets a bob-omb called Bombette and you all confront the Koopa Bros., which are basically a rip off of TMNT, which sucked anyway. You manage to topple them easily and Eldstar is freed. “Great job!”, he directs at the group as he flies off without even saying thanks. Talk about ungrateful.

Despite the lower number of PMs I have received tonight, and the need for a sub or more, many things have happened tonight. There are no casualties, however. Awesome!

Parakarry swoops in to get the gang up to date with whatever was going on. “Scavenge Bank. Read.”

[3] Damage Dodge - Shields better from damage.
[2] Feeling Fine - Stops abnormalities from affecting the holder.
[1] First Attack - Defeats weak targets if attacking swiftly.
[1] P-Up, D-Down - Alters Attack and Defense.
[1] Power Rush - Raises the Attack of a weak holder.
[2] Spin Attack - Defeats weak targets.
[3] Zap Tap - Electrifies the holder.

“Also, I still don’t know who the strongest faction is. Something fishy is going on...”, Parakarry explains, as he flies off once more. You’re left rather confused but with another vote ahead of you, where the first place gets a total of 10 HP worth of unblockable damage.

Almost immediately after, you hear a huge explosion-esque noise. When you arrive at the spot, you notice a note. Of course, you read it.
Anonymous Note said:
Lynch HiipFire.
Informative indeed.

It is now Chapter 2 Morning, in which the groups will head over to Dry Dry Desert in search of the second captured Star Spirit. Since this is a long journey, deadline is.. as usual, 46hr, in 8:00 PM GMT+2, Wednesday. Like I said, I want more activity AND a sub, keep that in mind.

Lots of Result PMs this time around. They’ll take a while.

thank you fatecrashers

Short storytelling time.

You go aboard a train from Toad Town that sends you to the wastelands before the very dry Dry Dry Desert. You make your way through that, confronting what seemed to be a large eagle, while Luigi and Parakarry decided to simply stick together for the rest of the adventure. Really, Parakarry saw this as more of an vacation than anything.

Once they finally reach the desert, they get stuck in a maze of sorts. Well, it’s not really a maze, just an extraordinarily large landscape to explore, but nonetheless, they were lost. This was, of course, Eldstar’s cue to drop by.

“So... how is your adventure going? Having a rough time, I see? Well, you know why I’m here, you had your second vote so now I’m going to inflict damage on the weakest of your little group. Besides, I MAY be able to help you get out of this maze. Maybe.”

A few moments later, Eldstar summons a GIANT POKEY that chases after the group. imperfectluck takes this opportunity to make HiipFire trip, with pretty much the stamp of approval from anyone on the scene. The pokey has its way with HiipFire, leaving only a PM. (Wow, our first death!)
Blue_Tornado said:
You are a Shy Guy.

You have 29 HP, 1 Attack, 0 Defense. Your vote is worth 2 normal votes.

Charge [+0]:
You may use this every half-cycle.

Acrobatic Attack [Non-Damage]:
Your target will lose all Badges they happen to hold. This has a lower priority than thefts but a higher priority than scavenge or Badge pass. You may use this every night.

Acrobatic Diversion [Non-Damage]:
Your target’s defense will be lowered by 2 during the next cycle. If you happen to use this, your vote will lose it’s worth by 1 normal vote. You may use this every night.

You are allied with The Arcade Addicts. You win if your faction is the strongest remaining when The Menaces From Toad Town are eliminated.
zorbees is the next to get injured, stopping him from using any of his actions for the night. “I hope you’re pleased with these results, since you still have a Star Spirit to save!” Eldstar continues, revealing a... glowing walkway, that shows the group to the entrance of a town in the middle of the desert. Wonderful.

Parakarry has a little chat with Luigi as per usual. “Scavenge List is here.”

[3] All or Nothing - Increases Damage if actions are efficient, but...
[3] Defend Plus - Raises Defense.
[1] Dizzy Stomp - Makes opponent dizzy.
[2] Feeling Fine - Stops abnormalities from affecting the holder.
[1] Last Stand - Shields a weak holder better from damage.
[2] Spin Attack - Defeats weak targets.

Also, I STILL can’t figure out who’s leading. I honestly have no explanation to this, maybe you can think of something...” And with that, he flies off.. no wait, he’s staying with us, remember? Neat.

And of course, no day is completed without the usual awkward announcement. This time it again comes from the sky.
Anonymous Message in the Sky said:
...Don't really have anything to say atm.
It is now Chapter 2 Evening, and it will end in 46 hours (8:00 PM GMT+2, Friday). GET YOUR ACTIONS IN, this game is based a lot around activity, and no one’s going to enjoy it if half of you idle! You have today and tomorrow to talk and plot, I honestly don’t see the need for any more.

Results going out, all that jazz.

imperfectluck

Banned deucer.
First off, I'd like to say may I never see HiipFire in another game again. Secondly, I'm the announcer that leaves notes rather than messages in the sky, and I'd like for all Arcade Addicts to contact me before this cycle is over.

I am unhappy with the number of PMs I've received, and therefore decided to take matters into my own hands. I'm prompting anyone who didn't send a PM to do so, and am giving another 24 hours for that purpose. If you don't have a target or don't want to rand, send an idle PM. 24 hours should, however, give you enough time to find a target for yourselves. So don't make them go to waste, please.

This game will not unfold as I wanted (or unfold at all) if this inactivity continues. So if you won't do it for me, do it for your enjoyment itg. Additionally, if I see that these extensions don't cut it, I may take more extreme measures, and none of us want that.

SPEED UPDATE

(SINCE THIS WAS TAKING LONG ENOUGH ALREADY)

You get to the mysterious Dry Dry Ruins (somehow), get a quiet super Super Hammer and absolutely tear through Tutankoopa and his CHOMPS. You free another Star Spirit and everything’s fine and dandy, but as you exit the ruins to see daylight once again, you notice a body... or... what? What is this? It looked more like a stone statue in the shape of a Pokey than an actual body. That’s surely interesting.

That, however, is when you spot a note. Of course, Luigi reads it out loud. It seemed to be the belongings of zorbees!
Blue_Tornado said:
You are a Pokey.

You have 20 HP, 5 Attack, 0 Defense. You have no visible special traits.

Fling [+0]:
You may use this every night.

Block [Non-Damage]:
Your target will be unable to scavenge or pass a Badge. You may use this every half-cycle.

You are allied with The Kammy Koopa Fanboys. You win if your faction is the strongest remaining when The Menaces From Toad Town are eliminated.
You can’t help but feel that the stone statue’s staring at you, oddly enough, but you advance to your next destination- Forever Forest, where the next Star Spirit awaits. You just leave the statue there without further examination, of course, since that’s what all good explorers do.

“Scavenge Bank is here, read up.” said Parakarry.
[1] D-Down Pound - Ignores Defense.
[1] Dizzy Stomp - Makes opponent dizzy.
[3] HP Drain - Leeches HP from targets.
[1] Last Stand - Shields a weak holder better from damage.
[2] Peekaboo - Reveals target's current HP.
[2] Power Plus - Raises Attack.
[1] Power Rush - Raises the Attack of a weak holder.
[2] Shrink Stomp - Shrinks a target.

God dammit I STILL don’t know who the strongest faction is. I’m beginning to give up...” and with that he.. yeah, that’s about it.

Usual random announcement:
Anonymous Note said:
Hi, it's me, imperfectluck. Arcade should contact. Oh, and may HiipFire be eternally flinched by Togekiss.
It is now Chapter 3 Morning, which will last for 24 hours. You know the drill.

So you head off to Forever Forest to go through some annoying maze. Yes, this time it really IS a maze, and I’m sure it haunts some little kiddies even today. Eventually, you reach a mansion. You decide to barge in, finding Super Boots and confronting the held captive Star Spirit in the third floor. There you meet lady Bow.

She won’t give you the Star Spirit, but she agrees on a deal- you help her take down Tubba Blubba, who has been haunting boos.. yes, haunting boos, and eating them, for the last while. She even tags along with you, just to make sure the deed gets done. That’s when you find Eldstar out of nowhere.. again.

“Looks like the vote today was more interesting than usual, I must say. In fact, I was close to calling it a tie! Haha.. but enough of that. Turns out that the bulk of you don’t like Crux. Better do something about that!” And with that, he summons a giant Clubba, that lands straight on poor Crux. Needless to say, the damage (15 to be exact) was enough to take him down.
Blue_Tornado said:
You are a Chomp.

You have 23 HP, 6 Attack, 2 Defense. You have no special traits.

Bite [+0]:
You may use this every cycle.

Ward Off [Non-Damage]:
Any actions that were directed at your target will now hit you. All non-damaging effects redirected this way will disappear completely, and will not hit any of you. You may use this every night.

You are allied with The Menaces From Toad Town. You win if your faction survives when two others are eliminated.
The Clubba then makes its way towards Aura Guardian, stunning him for the rest of the night. Then, as usual, it vanishes. Awesome. “See you tomorrow.”, Eldstar exclaims, and floats away. Perfect cue for Parakarry to inform Luigi that he STILL does not know who is leading. But of course, he doesn’t leave disappointing, as he brings along another Scavenge Bank list.

[1]D-Down Pound - Ignores Defense.
[3] Damage Dodge - Shields better from damage.
[2] Peekaboo - Reveals target's current HP.
[2] Power Plus - Raises Attack.
[0] Slow Go - The holder's actions are of very low priority.
[0] Slow Go - The holder's actions are of very low priority.

And with that you call it a day. Chapter 3 Evening starts now and will end in 46 hours, aka 8:00 PM GMT+2, Wednesday. Get your actions in, please, as those were quite important today! Also, I need a sub.

This line will be edited when all results are out. Edited, all out.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)