[Standard] Peace NOCed down Mafia - The Bribed Win!

No lynch is only useful when the extra time will help at all.

In all likelyhood, at least 2 villagers die tonight. At best, neither of the twin inspectors dies (thanks a ton for revealing yourself raverist).

I think Acklow has to go.

Lynch TPM

If you are a mafia in an NOC, what are you going to do? A less experienced player is going to bandwagon along and hope not to get noticed. Thats what he was doing, and poking fun is hardly an excuse.

At first look, I don't like a two things from the get go:

1. Raverist and TheLucarioEffect for claiming (Raverist was softclaiming powerrole) and TLE claimed Vanillager). I personally dont see why they should have claimed this early without anything prompting it. I guess we know no one is, well initially, going to target TLE and doc/mafia going to protect Raverist (unless he's doc, then we're fucked)

2. Spiffy's overreaction to obvious random/non-serious votes. It's slightly on the scummy side, but as time goes on we can (hopefully) find out why he reacted the way he did.

Crux

Banned deucer.
At first look, I don't like a two things from the get go:

1. Raverist and TheLucarioEffect for claiming (Raverist was softclaiming powerrole) and TLE claimed Vanillager). I personally dont see why they should have claimed this early without anything prompting it. I guess we know no one is, well initially, going to target TLE and doc/mafia going to protect Raverist (unless he's doc, then we're fucked)
TLE might just have claimed because he's inexperienced. (Which was his reason for lynching fitzy...)

Raverist claiming a village power roll D1 is really fishy though. If I was clean I certainly wouldn't claim a power roll in response to a non-serious lynch vote, especially in a NOC mafia.

My gosh people. The lynch vote on spiffy was just a joke.
Ugh, last time I played with spiffy I was mafia and he was village leader and he got really lucky with his inspections and such, and managed to find my entire team ridiculously fast.
I guess Spiffy was right in calling it a grudge or whatever, because yeah I am a little annoyed with my rotten luck with him, but it's nothing serious, I just like to do a little taunting and poke fun at him from time to time.

Dislike the TPM wagon. Non-serious vote by a town player leads to an early exit, putting us down in numbers. Not the best way to start our game out.

At THIS moment here's a list of players based on posts up to this point (edited as needed til I go through each one and not 100% set in stone.

Prob Town:
Fitzy: getting new player vibes out of him atm, feels town to me. Of course reason for voting TPM isnt 100% true. If I voted someone based on past experience, then I'd lynch Eo every game and BE RIGHT!!!! (not even kidding....)
Billymills: votes dont last long, but is opinionated. Taking time to hunt for mafia. Docs protect him.
TheLucarioEffect: New player, claimed TOO soon, base on inexperience. Nothing fishy yet.
Yeti: She's got strongth, plus the reverse psych idea. with 4 maf recruits, prob 1-2 inexp.

Null:
TPM: Feelin town vibes out of him. Dont like the wagon on him. EDIT: Then again, could be defensive scum. Either way the wagon is bad, he is null
Raverist: Dont like the OMGUS vote on J-Man nor his softclaim on the powerrole.
Coolking49: Dont like the reason for the vote on TPM. I dont think he was trying to go unnoticed. I think you could be.
J-squared: Theory on who boss would recruit can be taken as town trying to get info or scum "fake-finding mafia". Need more time.
Crux: Slight town read on post, but nothing set yet.

Prob Scum:
Spiffy: Overreaction isnt good. Lynching lurkers is bad too. I did that and lost games cause of it.
J-man: Ditto on Spiffy. Overreacted to the first vote.
Acklow: Overly suspicious NL post. Just dont like the feeling from it.

Need to Post Something Soon:
Veedrock, Afroninja99, shuckles my hero: Not posted once itt
Mattimeo, Quagsires, Alchemator, undisput3d: Either only good luck posts or nothing strongly identifying.

EDIT:
Crux said:
TLE might just have claimed because he's inexperienced.
Agree on that sentiments.

Busy at the moment but since I'm being asked to post I'm not going to wait.
Just wanted to say that at the moment, I couldn't tell who was being serious with their lynches. Seemed a few people posted serious lynches after/because of some 'joke' lynches.
Retarded.
We have like 36 hours left, right? If anyone has any serious reasons to lynch someone I may consider it. Until then, No Lynch.

First 0ff, I think the worst thing to do is no lynch so early. After 24 hours or so if we dont have a good suspect then no lynch, but If we have a majority already it will be a waste of time we could be using finding suspects. So people who no lynched please change your vote to nothing and maybe lynch later.

@finn:

I think spiffy had a right to get a bit angry at being lynched like that. However I see your reasoning.

Jman definitely looks odd though.He really had no reason to lynch raverist considering the history of these games on smogon.

also, billy mills looks suspicious, since he seems to be trying to lynch everybody. If he knows who is on his team, he may just be trying to figure out if he can get safely on a wagon, and if not change. Changing votes that much, particularly without reason screams mafia. Id like to see some reasoning.

Alchemator

my god if you don't have an iced tea for me when i
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I see not point in voting No Lynch - as Aura Guardian said, all votes are defaulted as No Lynch on Day 1 anyway...

Then again, whatever floats your boat I guess.

also, billy mills looks suspicious, since he seems to be trying to lynch everybody. If he knows who is on his team, he may just be trying to figure out if he can get safely on a wagon, and if not change. Changing votes that much, particularly without reason screams mafia. Id like to see some reasoning.
I respectfully disagree. Just throwing out names can make people panic and be forced to disclose information. If anything that's helping the village gather information, which the mafia doesn't need. So, I would not just assume Billy mills is mafia because he's throwing out names. In reality, idk where he stands but he doesn't seem like mafia to me on that basis.

I never claimed a power role for the village, I merely stated that my role was quite important to the village in determining whether we could clean someone or not depending on their actions.

As for my reasoning on the potential lynch of J-man, his overreaction and lynching of me over a petty detail of a single word makes him seem perhaps a bit rambunctious. However, as we know at this stage of the game information is sadly lacking on lynch targets. However, with Finn being quite adept at mafia games, it'd seem best we listen to his advice for now. We should also consider the possibility that one of the more experienced players may be the mafia boss or one of the lackeys, as it would seem likely that the already advantageous mafia can run the game like so right now.

2. Spiffy's overreaction to obvious random/non-serious votes. It's slightly on the scummy side, but as time goes on we can (hopefully) find out why he reacted the way he did.
I guess that is a somewhat fair point. The reason why I voted for TPM is because he followed the bandwagon and fell right into billy's trap. However I feel I did overact, as in my most recent post I said that I was "kind of hesitant on voting for TPM" because that is how a newer player would normally act.

Oy... Overreaction is not a good way to suspect someone mafia. If anyone has played with me (Finn), you'll know that i'm ultra sensitive and pounce on things the moment i see them. If anything, i should have been suspect for targeting Raverist and not Billymills because i thought BM was more mafia than Raverist... anyways I think it's quite obvious now to lynch Billymills, who has accused me of being mafia without proof, and has changed lynch targets 3+ times on the whim.

changing vote
Kronwall Check Billymills

Just like to say that despite what Raverist thinks, considering there's more than 1.5 village power roles (and a wolf), this game should play out differently then the other NOCs.

Acklow

I am always tired. Don't bother me.
Well, it seems like placing that "No Lynch" was enough to make me seem suspicious. My reasoning for that was that I didn't know enough, and I didn't want a possible stealth vote (although most people will disagree, mumble, grumble, and comment on how that's suspicious...>.>). Plus I agree with coolking's reasoning.
Anywho, I agree with undisput3d. I think billymills is trying to draw out any information he can by voting for specific users.
So, J-man, voting billymills is really pointless right now. You have no basis for lynching him other than the fact that he has been switching his lynch targets very spontaneously. [Edit: and for the fact that he decided to accuse you. Plus, he's accusing TPM right now, so what's your issue?]

I'm a power role for the village, unlike Jman, who seems ever so shifty. Hell, I'd go as far to say that by lynching J-man, we could only lose out on a basic vanillager, or perhaps even a mafian.

However, terminating me d1 is not a good idea, since I can help clean a villager.
I never claimed a power role for the village, I merely stated that my role was quite important to the village in determining whether we could clean someone or not depending on their actions.
Raverist, if you are not a vanillager, you are a power role, since you are more than just a normal player. So which is it? In the first quote, you said you ARE a power role, but then you claim to not, but your role is important. Don't particularly like those two quotes at all, but considering the player, I wont vote you yet.

I guess that is a somewhat fair point. The reason why I voted for TPM is because he followed the bandwagon and fell right into billy's trap. However I feel I did overact, as in my most recent post I said that I was "kind of hesitant on voting for TPM" because that is how a newer player would normally act.
Oy... Overreaction is not a good way to suspect someone mafia. If anyone has played with me (Finn), you'll know that i'm ultra sensitive and pounce on things the moment i see them. If anything, i should have been suspect for targeting Raverist and not Billymills because i thought BM was more mafia than Raverist... anyways I think it's quite obvious now to lynch Billymills, who has accused me of being mafia without proof, and has changed lynch targets 3+ times on the whim.

changing vote
Kronwall Check Billymills
Overreactions are not 100% scummy. When people are freaking out defending themselves it just means that they are paranoid and afraid to be lynched (as they are a powerrole, newer player and doesnt want to be lynched, and/or scum). At the moment, I saw you two as the best lynches at the moment, but cooling off on Spiffy's account.

I don't like the Billymills lynch at all. He's trying to find bandwagoning scum/obviously scummy reactions to his votes on players. How could he gain role-related info on a lynch like that UNLESS other players join the wagon, meaning other players agree with the train in logic, there-in you actually want to know as well. Pretty much, I honestly believe that billymills is the most actively searching for mafia right now.

As for J-man, I ditest his statements in the last post. Yes, you may over-react and jump on bandwagons on a normal basis, but two things you need to know: 1. This is NOC mafia and 2. That's really not the best town play in ANY mafia game. In Absolution Mafia, that's what endgamed everything. If that's your normal behavior, try to change it, please. Also don't like HIS reasons on the billymills wagon, since it's first a OMGUS vote (OMG you suck cause you voted me) and changing votes on the FIRST day isn't scummy enough to warrant a lynch. As previously mentioned I think he's town, but don't waste a lynch on him.

Not quoting the following, but agree with coolking49's logic (except on billymills) and like undisput3d's post. Mattimeo, thanks for posting :D. Atm, probably prob town, but NL at this moment isnt the best policy yet. Wait til the first 24 hours are up.

Well, it seems like placing that "No Lynch" was enough to make me seem suspicious. My reasoning for that was that I didn't know enough, and I didn't want a possible stealth vote (although most people will disagree, mumble, grumble, and comment on how that's suspicious...>.>). Plus I agree with coolking's reasoning.
Anywho, I agree with undisput3d. I think billymills is trying to draw out any information he can by voting for specific users.
So, J-man, voting billymills is really pointless right now. You have no basis for lynching him other than the fact that he has been switching his lynch targets very spontaneously. [Edit: and for the fact that he decided to accuse you. Plus, he's accusing TPM right now, so what's your issue?]
On Day 1, A_G said that all votes are defaulted to nolynch, so we'd need a majority (or close to it if players keep voting different people) to have the lynch. 5 scum + 1 wolf = still needing 4-5 more villagers to agree. Chances of stealth lynch today are slim to none.

Also want to point out my list, like billymills, is finding reactions and based on the previous posts here are (edit: four) changes to the list:

1. Acklow is moved to prob town. (His actions are town, the timing of the NL needs to wait another 12 hours or so).
2. Alchemator is moved to prob scum. (Hi active lurker)
3. Mattimeo is moved to null. (posts are slight town in them, but again it takes time)
4. coolking49 moved to prob town (liking the attitude)

i don't know... just because everyone says doesn't mean anything. in the last NOC(Lockdown II i think), the mafia controlled the village, and when they were put up for lynch they composed huge defenses and deflected the lynch at inactive players. just a reminder. retract vote for now.

NEVER LYNCH LURKERS (the vig can kill them to help us town, and especially dont lynch alphabravo if he's inactive...X_X).

ONLY LYNCH ACTIVE LURKERS, who only post when either prodded or to prevent so. Usually a sentence and a half, like Alchemator atm.

Alchemator

my god if you don't have an iced tea for me when i
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Oh darn I should flesh out my posts, or I'll get lynched because I don't spam up the thread!

Come on Finn, why should anyone post if they don't have anything to say - you just seem to be trying to get attention off yourself here.

By Finn's logic, I would be a power role for the village, though personally I can't see how my role could be classed as powerful. All it can really do is determine whether or not a lynch was a wise idea, simple as that. It's nothing game-breaking, and certainly nothing lethal to anyone.

Considering numbers, we have a 3 in 10 chance of getting an enemy. That's akin to a basic non Serene Grace Air Slash flinch, which while fair enough isn't the best. The last thing the village needs is to be down from 14 to 11 d2.

By Finn's logic, I would be a power role for the village, though personally I can't see how my role could be classed as powerful. All it can really do is determine whether or not a lynch was a wise idea, simple as that. It's nothing game-breaking, and certainly nothing lethal to anyone.

Considering numbers, we have a 3 in 10 chance of getting an enemy. That's akin to a basic non Serene Grace Air Slash flinch, which while fair enough isn't the best. The last thing the village needs is to be down from 14 to 11 d2.
Don't try and explain away this. you claimed a power role akin to an inspector, and then deny it. which is it?

Personally I think there's a little to much skepticism in this thread to be honest. Pretty much every post has been off hunches, and we don't know what agenda each person has. The only real thing I believe at this point is that Raverist sounds pretty fishy. He's claiming a bunch of things, then counterclaiming, and then saying he was what he said the first time, all the while asking for no lynch vote. Sounds odd to me. And lol at the reason for suspecting alchemator. You're kidding right? xD

Personally I think there's a little to much skepticism in this thread to be honest. Pretty much every post has been off hunches, and we don't know what agenda each person has. The only real thing I believe at this point is that Raverist sounds pretty fishy. He's claiming a bunch of things, then counterclaiming, and then saying he was what he said the first time, all the while asking for no lynch vote. Sounds odd to me. And lol at the reason for suspecting alchemator. You're kidding right? xD
Every post is based off hunches because, aside from voting patterens and behavoir, that is all we can base our lynches on. And when did Raverist claim "a bunch of things"? I think it is obvious what role he is, and he has never lied about it in any way. However, I'll stay silent for now just in case the mafia still haven't figured it out yet.

Since he hasn't posted in the thread thus far, I'll lynch Afroninja22 until he says something contributional. No one bandwagon this either.

Edited because shuckles my hero hasn't been on in two days.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)