[Standard] Pokemon Items Mafia - Game Abandoned

Pokemon Items Mafia:
The Battle of the Bag

Approved by LightWolf

The Pokemon Trainer was annoyed. He had been wandering through Victory Road for hours and had just found a much-needed Full Restore, but his bag was full. Why, thought the trainer, couldn’t I just take everything out of my bag and re-organize it, and make that Full Restore fit? The Pokemon Trainer re-organized his bag and made room for everything, even leaving some extra space for a few more items. But already, there was a problem.

You see, items in the bag aren’t organized into pockets just because it makes it easier for trainers to find what they need. More importantly, it’s because if some items aren’t kept away from the others, the items start to fight. Some items hold grudges against others, and other items have goals they can only achieve by breaking those who stand in their way. The Useless Items want to be taken seriously and not treated as trash; the Overpowered Items want to show their superiority over all the other items in the bag; the Collection of Completely Unrelated Items were rejected by everyone else and are out for revenge. Many items, however, don’t identify with any of the teams, and are willing to work for any of the teams. They are the Helpful Items.

Immediately after reorganizing his bag, the Pokemon Trainer sprayed the Full Restore on his Pokemon, then tossed the used-up canister aside. Good thing it’s biodegradable.
Dear Staraptor Call,
You are the Full Restore.

You’re one of the most annoying, but also useful, items in the game. Right when the Pokemon Trainer brings a boss’s Pokemon down to low health, the boss whips out a Full Restore and undoes all the Trainer’s hard work. In the Pokemon Trainer’s hands, however, you’re a great asset.

During the night, you may PM the hosts “Night X - Undo damage from USER.” If that user kills you that night, you will restore your own health and be revived at the end of the next day.

You are holding the Regirock. If one person holds the Regice, Regirock, and Registeel, something special will happen.

Your semi-holder is Da Letter El.

You are a Helpful Item. You win if you are recruited and the team that recruits you eliminates all threats.
The Pokemon Trainer emerges from the cave at sunset. As night begins, each item begins to plot its next move.

It is now Night 0. Night 0 lasts for 72 hours instead of the usual 48. No kills will take place on Night 0, but users are allowed to share role PMs with whomever they like.

1. Many players in this game will be Helpful Items. Helpful items are similar to the Freelancers in Viva la Mafia, and start the game unaligned. Each Helpful Item starts the game being semi-held by another player, and unaligned with any faction. While semi-held, a Helpful Item can be recruited by being stolen from the semi-holder, but is unaffected by any other item-related action. They cannot be given away, detected with an item-check, etc. Helpful Items become aligned with the first team to steal them from their semi-holders. Only the Helpful Items know their semi-holders.
  2. Like any other item, recruited Helpful Items can be given, received, and stolen. If a Helpful Item is stolen or passed to a member of a different alliance, the alignment of that Helpful Item does not change, so do not assume every Helpful Item your team holds is aligned with you. When the holder of a Helpful Item changes, the Helpful Item and the holder will be sent each other’s user names, but not role names or role PMs. If the holder of a Helpful Item is killed or lynched, any Helpful Items that player was holding are passed to the faction leader. If a Helpful Item dies, his or her true alliance will be revealed. There is no limit to how many Helpful Items one can hold at once.
  3. Any Helpful Items not recruited by the end of Night 6 will be godkilled.
  4. There are also normal items in the game, which are not players and are just like items in every other mafia game. These items disappear after their holders die, and are not revealed upon death or inspection. There is no limit to how many items can be held at once. During the day or night, you may PM the hosts “Day / Night X - Pass ITEM to USER.” This will pass the selected item to the selected user, but has a very low priority. The item in question may also be a Helpful Item. You may pass any number of items, Helpful or not, during each day or night. If a user’s items are stolen when that user is holding both Helpful Items and non-player items, the non-player items are stolen but the Helpful Items are not.
  5. If you wish to make a stealth vote, you may send the hosts a PM during the day stating for whom you are voting and under what conditions. Your vote will be revealed at the deadline. The order of stealth votes is determined by the order in which the PMs are received.
  6. While alive you may talk to anyone about the game. After death, Helpful Items may not talk to anyone about the game. Members of other factions may talk to others about the game, but only to discuss strategy. No information may be passed from dead players to living ones.
  7. The game will start on Night 0. On Night 0, no players can be killed. Night 0 will last 72 hours rather than the usual 48. Players may share role PMs on Night 0.
  8. The game will be hosted by Staraptor Call and Da Letter El. All action PMs must be sent to both hosts. If you choose not to use your ability, you may PM the hosts “Day / Night X - Idling.”
  9. If you want your fake role PM to be checked for consistency with the others, you may send your fake role PM to either host. Do not take spelling or grammatical errors as proof of faking.
  10. No screenshots related to the game may be distributed. Impersonation of any player or host is banned at all points.
  11. You may paste anything told to you by the hosts. However, faking logs is allowed, so do not take conversations with the hosts as definite proof.
  12. Each night lasts 48 hours or until all PMs are received. Extensions may be granted at the hosts’ discretion.
  13. Each day lasts 48 hours or until majority is reached. Once majority is reached, a two- to three-hour grace period will be granted before the next night starts. Majority is determined at the hosts’ discretion. The hosts will not post vote tallies in the thread.
  14. During the day you must bold your vote and use Any Word <User>. To change your vote, you must unbold your original vote and post a new one. You may choose to No Lynch during the day as well, and any votes towards a dead user (if he or she has been godkilled) will be nullified. A tie in the vote will cause neither user to be lynched.
  15. You may target dead users with your abilities, but that does not mean anything will happen.
  16. Priorities are set and kept secret.
  17. The hosts must be notified of any spreadsheets, IRC channels, or Google Docs you create for this game.
  18. #fling is the official channel for the game. IRC use is compulsory for this game.
  19. Users with the “I Could be Banned!” user title may not play. I don’t want my players to be banned in the middle of the game.
  20. You HAVE to be active, if you are caught inactive you will be subbed out almost immediately. IT IS IMPERATIVE that you are active.
  21. If a role PM and the rules clash, the role PM takes precedence.

Alive:

Pyromaniac
wickdaggler
King Emerald
coolking49
Heist
Athasan
Brammi
Engineer Pikachu
Hydrattler
polelover44
Nightmare Jigglypuff
server crash
Insomniac

Dead:
BlisseyofDoom - Master Ball - Ability Checker - Overpowered Items - Killed Night 1
Ditto - Loot Sack - Hooker / Prisoner's Dilemma - Secret Items - Killed Night 1
imperfectluck - Member Card - Inspector / Flavor Faker - Secret Items - Godkilled Day 2
Tsuk - Odd Keystone - Kidnapper - Collection - Killed Night 2
Quagsires - Flame Orb - Action accelerator - Recruited by Secret Items - Killed Night 2
Yeti - Blue Orb - Persuader - Overpowered Items - Lynched Day 3
Thorns - HM03 - Redirector - Overpowered Items - Killed Night 3
reyscarface - Figy Berry - Useless Items - Killed Night 3
GoldenKnight - Dubious Disc - Von Karma - Collection - Lynched Day 4
Fatecrashers - Berry Juice - Inspector - Collection - Killed Night 4
UncleSam - Mind Plate - Alliance checker - Useless Items - Killed Night 4
Smashlloyd20 - Metal Coat - Reverse martyr - Helpful Items - Lynched Day 5

hey guys
Staraptor Call said:
Dear wickdaggler,
You are the Yache Berry.

You weaken a super-effective Ice attack that targets your holder. Though you’re seemingly just an average berry, you ended up breaking Garchomp.

You’re the topic of the famous question “What does Yache Berry do?” Since you’ve gotten accustomed to answering this question, you’ve gained the ability to answer other questions. During the night, you may PM the hosts “Night X - What does Yache Berry do?” In the body of your PM, write a yes-or-no question that does not contain the name of any player in the game. At the end of the night, the hosts will PM you the answer.

You are holding <snip>.

Your semi-holder is <snip>.

You are a Helpful Item. You win if you are recruited and the team that recruits you eliminates all threats.
if you want to know who my semi holder is contact me on the irc

speaking of which can we get a channel for this game
or what

Every item gathered in the main pocket of the bag in the morning. You didn't find any dead items, but after taking a head count, you noticed reyscarface was missing. reyscarface may not talk in the main thread, but can still talk outside of it. With everyone except him gathered, you start your deliberations on which item you like the least. It is now Day 1.

UncleSam

Leading this village
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I am looking for a user with/who is the item: Awakening. If you have this item or know who has it/who is it, please contact me with all due speed so that we can work out some deal.

Oh also Lynch BlisseyOfDoom

deinosaur

now available in lowercase
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
May I ask your reasoning for lynching me?
You asked me a simple question, and I did not know the answer.
I asked you a question, and you did not know the answer.

Is this a logical turn of events? To attempt to lynch someone helpful if they do not know an answer?

What does the Awakening even do?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)