[Standard] Shift Mafia cycle 7

Andy Snype

Mr. Music
I would like to nominate Da Letter El for a lynch target. It is in everyone's ('cept for DLE) best interest to lynch him.

I would like everyone to notice DLE was kidnapped during that update.

Da Letter El is happy to return, complete with a new set of fur clothing from a mythical land, Other than that, things seem relatively normal...

Lynching DLE is a strategic lynch. It is in everybody's best interests to defeat the factions that are currently doing better than everyone else. Therefore, nobody should target the mafia nor myself (I'll explain why me later). Everyone knows that there are 24 players itg. You know that iiMK and I are neutrals. For the factions to be even, there has to be one more neutral. So 7 people per faction. Mafia has 5 dead. Town and Village have 2 dead each. Neut 3 is still there. Most of the people on the mafia faction are the more experienced players, such as Yeti, billy, and Spooner. Knowing Quagsires, he would balance out the player skill among factions and neutrals and wouldn't keep DLE on that team too. I can confirm that DLE is not working with me (else I wouldn't be leading the lynch on him). Therefore, he is a member of the Town or Village. Whichever one he claims to not be on would want him dead.

As to why his faction would want to lynch him is that DLE is a well-known player, he would be the #1 choice for a recruiting neutral to pick given his experience. (Hence Shift Mafia). None of the neutrals have a given inspecting role, and by letting DLE live, you are giving the other neutral a chance to see who's what before recruiting. You guys know that his new WC is incompatible to win with the faction WC, so it's in the faction's interest too to lynch DLE.

Some of you want to know, "hey, why not lynch Snype?" I have been hooked for pretty much every cycle so I have not got a single action off (except for a rogue on Yeti and I idled on the recruit first cycle to cherrypick for a leader who would step up.) Whichever faction wants to kill me is either:

a: wasting their time because everyone in this game is harmful
or
b: wants to try to maintain their advantage over everyone else and try to use the one tool that everyone can unite to take out something from the strongest faction (the lynch) and not try to use their faction's kill on me.

Each person should focus on the strongest individual/faction, in this case is by numbers because the numbers control the lynch. Once a faction controls the lynch, it's game over for pretty much everyone. If you waste an action to target someone as a minority, you're going to put yourself behind.

If you think I'm lying, then why would a wolf who has resources oust himself and make himself bait for everyone else to lynch?

P.S: ginganinja is an alliance checker and decided to AC me and tried to take advantage of me.

Da Letter El

Officially internet famous
is a Community Leader Alumnus
"Trust me, I'm a neutral" pretty much sums up your argument. You realize that you had the option of either being ginga's bitch, being lynched, or for trying to push a lynch on someone else and hope you can make factions unbalanced and slip under the radar. Town and Village both lose from lynching me, as it will unbalance the teams. Unbalancing teams is how EVERY SINGLE VILLAGE EVER loses in these games. They get forced into "OH NO, X TEAM HAS THE ADVANTAGE, GOTTA LYNCH THEM" and then never think about neutrals until too late. And in a game with now two confirmed converters? Ridiculous

As for recruiting, there's evidence in-thread of both you and Ahab's conversions. Aslan's story of being FUCKING JESUS would probably be a convincing conversion thing. I am pretty sure there is proof in-thread of you just generally lying. Considering that only 2 of your recruits have died so far (Yeti and Undisputed), even if you idled c0, you most likely have 2 people under your belt at the moment.

You pushing a lynch on me should be proof that I haven't been converted. Thanks for that.

Oh, and

Lynch Stevensnype

Village and Town should know that snype won't be helpful in tiebreaker scenarios by trying to pull this shit.

Andy Snype

Mr. Music
"Trust me, I'm a neutral" pretty much sums up your argument. You realize that you had the option of either being ginga's bitch, being lynched, or for trying to push a lynch on someone else and hope you can make factions unbalanced and slip under the radar. Town and Village both lose from lynching me, as it will unbalance the teams. Unbalancing teams is how EVERY SINGLE VILLAGE EVER loses in these games. They get forced into "OH NO, X TEAM HAS THE ADVANTAGE, GOTTA LYNCH THEM" and then never think about neutrals until too late. And in a game with now two confirmed converters? Ridiculous
First off, I would like to say that this is not a 2-village/1 mafia game. This is a multifaction game, and you are completely disregarding the fact that there is a third neutral in this game. 24 - 2 = 22, which isn't divisible by 3 (The factions have to be initially equal in order to have vote control of the lynch be the same.) 24 - 3 = 21 so 7 players per faction. Also, why should the 3rd neutral be any different from the other two that are confirmed? It would be dumb to have a harmless neut in this game.

As for recruiting, there's evidence in-thread of both you and Ahab's conversions. Aslan's story of being FUCKING JESUS would probably be a convincing conversion thing. I am pretty sure there is proof in-thread of you just generally lying. Considering that only 2 of your recruits have died so far (Yeti and Undisputed), even if you idled c0, you most likely have 2 people under your belt at the moment.
Except if I did have 2 people under my belt, why I would oust myself as a neutral when I could have the 2 people manipulate others to lynch you instead. That is a terrible waste of resources and an extremely stupid play. It's pretty damn obvious I do not have anyone else to do this for me; therefore, I do not have any recruits. You still disregard that there has to be a 3rd neutral in order to balance out the numbers for the factions. And as for your claim that I have recruited someone, I repeat: I have been hooked every cycle after the first one. Therefore, I cannot have recruited anyone.

Second, read that there is no proof that I am lying

You pushing a lynch on me should be proof that I haven't been converted. Thanks for that.

Oh, and

Lynch Stevensnype

Village and Town should know that snype won't be helpful in tiebreaker scenarios by trying to pull this shit.
Village and Town should know though that when a skilled player fails to address a fundamental balance concept brought up against him and tries to lynch the guy that started the motion on him while ignoring the idea, the player's trying to hide something and should not be trusted.

While there is no definite proof that you guys can see that I am not the player with the dead recruits, I would like to point out that if I did have recruits, I would not be the one to publicly post this and explain why we should lynch DLE because it would be stupid.

That being said, everyone should lynch DLE.

Andy Snype

Mr. Music
I GOT MAIL! YAYYYYYY!

GMail said:
Dear Ginganinja.
You are Mokuba Kaiba,

No one cares about you. Seriously. You're just some dumb kid who happens to be related to one of the most powerful and egocentric businessmen in the world, and the resemblance between you two is nonexistent. Honestly, why are you even getting a role pm? You're definitely not on the caliber of the other people in this game, but then again, you are also wherever trouble is to try and fight it unsuccessfully for your big brother and be protected by those who pity you. Hopefully this'll be The Last Battle for you...

You are so pitiful that everyone kidnaps you like you're some red shirt or something, almost like it is a requirement for being evil. Thus, three times this game, you may pm Quagsires with, "Cycle x - be kidnapped by <user>." You will somehow be kidnapped by <user> for the next cycle, unable to talk in the thread, and will also learn their role name and alliance so you can your big brother to kill them later. You also know that while you are kidnapped, no one can touch you with either the hangman's rope or a night action. You must spend two nights without using this ability in order to use it again. If there are 10 or fewer people left, you will not be able to use this ability and instead will gain a different one to compensate. If there are 5 or fewer people alive, you will automatically become unkidnapped and you will be unkidnappable for the remainder of the game.

Additionally, whenever you are not kidnapped either by the ability above or by another ability, you will still be a nuisance to other people, thus making them more likely to want to hurt you due to your annoyances. Thus, you may send a pm to Quagsires every cycle with, "Cycle x - Hang out with my best friend <user>!" You will be around <user> that night and annoy everyone around them to target you with their actions instead of them, as well as annoy <user> so much that they will automatically target you with their action. Friendly bodyguard(s), however, will be unaffected by you being around them and will still protect their target by forcing you to be around them, thus making their protected target have to target you as well.

<snip>

You are currently allied with the Mafia. You win if you eliminate all threats.
have fun guys.

Fun fact: My safeclaim was Seto Kaiba.

Of course, there was Stevensnype, lynched by almost everyone in the game for failure to not exist.

Dear Stevensnype.
You are Aslan,

You are the lion, and probably one of the most important characters in all of Narnia, since you only invented it and killed it and created an afterlife for it. You are the sole hope of Narnia, and no one who lives there can ever hope to do anything without you (and the others are six feet under. Bloody nonbelievers). And thus, you are in this game, fighting for your homeland against all odds and common sense (I’d mention reason, but it seems as though you’ve lost all of that when you made a world by singing.) Somehow, you are without the various animals and friends that seem to keep you company and that you always leave hanging, and thus must begin this conflict alone, although at least someone will recognize you eventually.

You are Aslan. You are Narnia. Thus, it should be common sense that your vote is worth twice as much as anyone else's. It’s only fair...

In addition, you seem to be a natural Christ when it comes to dying, resurrecting yourself and tricking death at every turn, even though Dickinson showed he stopped just for you. Thus, you may pm Quagsires every cycle with, "Cycle x - Bring <user> to the stone table." You will bring <user> to the stone table, and if they kill you that night, it will crack and break apart, allowing you to revive the next cycle as if nothing had happened. However, any abilities gained up until that point will be lost, forcing you to rely on Lucy even further to grow stronger.

Speaking of Lucy, your connection to her will allow you to grow over time. While you know that you cannot win with her as well as her unaware of you even being in this game, you do know that she has an ability that sends people into Narnia, a place where you have appeared frequently. While they are in Narnia, you will speak to them and be able to perfectly replicate anything they can do, using those actions in the future. However, you know there are some abilities that you cannot master, as well as only being able to know the abilities of two people at once. You will also be able to change the abilities by telling the host you will drop one person's abilities that night, however, there is no guarantee as to what you will receive. You will not be able to gain anymore should Lucy die.

In addition, you are always bringing people into Narnia through various gateways, whether it’s through a wardrobe or even something as simple as waiting for a train (without the Inception). Thus, you may pm Quagsires every cycle with, “Cycle x - Have <user> join me in Narnia.” You will have <user> join you in Narnia through some byzantine method and have them so enthralled that they will become allied with you. You have limits to how many people will actually want to stay in Narnia, and thus you may only recruit up to one person from each of the main factions. If <user> dies before you, recruiting another member of the faction is possible, however, should you die before <user>, it will be left up to fate to see what happens. <user> will also only be able to win with you while you are still alive, having their win condition changed until either you win or die. There are, of course, those who will not ever choose to be in Narnia with you and believe it, but you don’t know who those people are. However, you may learn who those people are by watching this action fail when you target them.

Of course, this is all leaving out the fact that you are a lion, and male lions are commonly seen (incorrectly) as hunters. Thus, you may pm Quagsires every cycle with, "Cycle x - mauling <user>." You will maul <user>, who will find it extremely hard to survive an attack by a lion. However, you are somewhat merciful, and thus you may kill once every three cycles. Should you choose not to maul someone during those three cycles, you will be able to at anytime thereafter with that one kill.

<snip>

You are allied with yourself and whomever you recruit. To win, you must eliminate all threats and have your faction survive.
His death makes three little pieces of paper appear near Kingofkongs, New World Order, and Steelguttey, reading:

Had you been alive to see this moment of the valiant sacrifice of Aslan, you would have been so touched by it that you would have had your win condition change to, "You are allied with the <whatever> OR Aslan. You win if either wins.
Speaking of NWO, he's dead with a sword in his gut for insulting another user.

Dear <user>.
You are Domingo Mantoya.

You are the father of one Inigo, whom you saw is finally living happily as the Dread Pirate Roberts before this conflict began, having avenged your death at the hands of a six-fingered man. However, you are not quite satisfied, and wonder if this Magician's Nephew is up to something when he sailed into this conflict, and so you have joined him in fighting father and son, blacksmith and pirate, in order to try and stop whatever menace you two might see here.

Your metalworking skills definitely overpower your fighting skills, however, and thus you are reduced to making swords for your faction, although none as fine as Inigo's. You know that you will be able to make a sword every three cycles, beginning cycle 1, and that each sword will be able to be used to kill others that may threaten you. However, you are not the man you once were, and thus your swords will break apart after going through somebody's flesh. If you shall meet a tragic fate, you are also sure that there will be someone on the faction that will be able to take up your mantle of blacksmith by continuing whatever sword you currently possess nothing but your tools to make swords, and the anvil used for your other action, and these are hardly things that any thief would steal, and are not items in any way. You are lastly aware that almost anyone can use these swords to kill and, although you won't let them out of your sight for anyone to steal them, you can give them to anyone you wish just like an item.

Additionally, you are also a man of some power, as you are able to hit quite hard with a hammer and anvil. Thus, you may pm Quagsires every cycle with, "Cycle x - Drop an anvil on <user>'s head." You will drop an anvil on <user>'s head immediately following the lynch, making them in so much pain and so confused that they will not be able to do anything that cycle other than go home and rest, wherever home is for them.

<snip>

You are currently allied with the Town. You win if you eliminate all threats.
You were most frightened, however, at the death of HSA, thrust with a sword, who had a secret to hide:

Dear HSA.
You are Rachel Dawes,

You are just a small little detective who seems to know more than anyone else, but when you're torn between the white knight and the king, how wouldn't you? It seems sometimes like that's the only reason you continue the work that you do, interrogating criminals and putting them behind bars. Of course, it could only be a matter of time before you have to choose one, but why not have some fun while you still can? It's not like both are here trying to work with you either, so maybe playing the field a bit couldn't help...

You really are somewhat worthless, but people would react to your death quite horribly. Thus, you may send a pm to Quagsires as many times as you wish (Please make it as few as possible) with, "Cycle x - Show to the world <user> is mafia." You will make sure to out <user> as mafia, causing enough pressure from anyone lynching you to at least stop to reconsider whether or not he or she is, but then <user> will kill you, causing an angry mob to kill them as well and convincing them of <user> being mafia. If you do not send this pm at some point before being lynched, a person not in the game will be chosen instead for flavor purposes only. If you send a dead user's name, it will be as if you never sent a pm, since there are no simple ways to make zombies that you know of, and any more complex ways do not have anything to do with this game. This will only work if you are lynched

<snip>

<snip>

You are currently allied with the Village. You win if you eliminate all threats.
First of all, with the death of Batman, you will take up his investigation onto the Smogon name of hte joker. You know he is a killer, and the hint given you this cycle is laughing at you. You have also been horrified over this so much that you have abandoned your faction and become a neutral. You will now kill once every three cycles, and your win condition is now, "You win if no one else is alive." This will be detectable upon inspect.

Second of all, with the death of Dent, you will take up an investigation onto the abilities of the neutral, which you know is a killer who gains a private vote for everyone who does not vote. You now also know that he has a Yakuza ability.
He knew three clues:
  • The Joker was off the player's list
  • lol
  • like to hide in search of the Philosopher's Stone.

And was about to uncover another when he died.

He knew at least the following abilities were on the joker::

• Kill
  • Yakuza
  • Hook
  • Public Speaker
  • Post Restrictor

Oh and a blizzard kept you all in homes like it was some Narnian winter, but you all performed your actions fine afterwards. However, some were seen performing their actions during the blizzard before everyone else...

Items:

Top Hat
The Kid
The Forbidden Fruit
Pokeball
Pistol
Source of the Mysterious Ticking Noise
Nuclear Football

Hi everyone I would like to propose a lynch target. I believe that imperfectluck is this "Joker" neutral and here's why.

1. ipl's not on the player list, yet he's frequently on #alliance.
2. ipl is the only player not on the player list posting while not asking for a sub.
3. ipl signed up for the game.
4. He was given a posting restriction. Notice his post the cycle following Yeti's death. Kind of an out of the blue post if you ask me. And quite random. This begs the question: Why would he have posted that unless he was playing?

While it may not be much, I believe it's enough (and it appears no one has any better ideas)

Therefore, let's lynch imperfectluck

Edit: Oh and during cycle 4 I asked Quagsires about ipl
[20:29] <jalmont> quagsires
[20:29] <jalmont> is user: imperfectluck in this game?
[20:31] <quagsiresaway> Hes not on the playerlist

Hmmm...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)