1. Welcome to Smogon! Check out the Smogon Starters Hangout for everything you need to know about starting out in the community. Don't forget to introduce yourself in the Introduction and Hangout Thread, too!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

[Standard] The Second Invasion of Silph - Game Abandoned

Discussion in 'Circus Maximus' started by Brammi, Apr 8, 2011.

1. Slim Guldo

Slim Guldo

oh, ok then. also did your role make you totally untargetable at night every night or was there some sort of catch which i'm not seeing? being totally untargetable seems kind of broken to me, although i guess if it was the game wouldn't have been approved.

also my role PM for reference:

i have to say i thought the flavour for this game was pretty good, it's a pity we didn't see more of it :(
  2. Nightmare Jigglypuff

Nightmare Jigglypuff

Oh, I didn't want the game to end... Will edit post with my game plan when I can get to a better keyboard.

Now that i'm on a keyboard, i'll inform you of the double crossing plan that was likely to fail. basically, i was dealing with things as they came. Since i knew there was no chance to win, i decided to become a sort of vigilante for the village and they could kill me off when they got rid of everyone else. But then Da Letter El came up to me and put me in a pretty bad situation, pretty much telling me that there was no way to win (i knew that already) and that i should join with him. So once i did join him he told me to kill slim guldo for revenge and stuffs. Anyway, in regards to wrapping things up, sorry Pyro, awesome DLE, and lol to me since i didn't get to do a SINGLE THING!!

Also, should i post the logs DLE?

RATHER IMPORTANT EDIT: you can't call me that DLE.
  3. Da Letter El

Da Letter El Officially internet famous
    is a Forum Moderator

It could randomly redirect to myself. Also rare was completely untargetable and was village. So yeah.

also nightmare jigglypuff and i worked on some fake logs for the lulz; I'll let njiggly talk about it.
  4. LightWolf

LightWolf lightwoof
    is a Forum Moderator

sad fact
    but my backup BG was no fake. Also since the game is over, the first update had the names of all the plasma left in it which I quickly edited out. Didn't sub out to keep a closer eye on the game to avoid such situations.
  5. Slim Guldo

Slim Guldo

oh i didn't even see that rare was untouchable on the spreadsheet (although i don't really like that role either :P)

nightmare jigglypuff - i felt really sorry for you in this game, since i knew full well that your faction was totally doomed and i can't imagine many worse things in mafia than subbing onto a doomed faction, already known to the village!

edit: next time you look here Brammi, could you post your spreadsheet please? would be interesting to see all the actions and stuff imo.
  6. Da Letter El

is a Forum Moderator

Also yes jigglypuff you can post the logs; put them in hide tags though so they dont stretch the thread too much. our plan was pretty funny.

Or you could not explain our plan and try using a similar plan for another game...but i doubt a situation like that will come up again so go for it
  7. Nightmare Jigglypuff

Nightmare Jigglypuff

Okay then, DLE and i came up with logs to fool the village into lynching Aura Guardian (of whom i have a new nickname for. Name is in the logs.) The logs are below

Before Pyro told me who to kill (open)

11:16 Aura_Guardian Hey Nightmare Jigglypuff
    11:16 NJigglypuff good day.
    11:16 Aura_Guardian I see that you subbed into Silph
    11:16 NJigglypuff yep.
    11:17 Aura_Guardian I'm not sure if you already knew this, but
    11:17 Aura_Guardian /cs info #chinchou
    11:17 NJigglypuff oh.
    11:17 Aura_Guardian As you can see, people already know that Grovyle, and hence you, are mafia.
    11:17 NJigglypuff yeah, i've gotten that a lot.
    11:17 Aura_Guardian really?
    11:17 Aura_Guardian Who has told you that?
    11:18 Aura_Guardian Have you been talking with Pyro?
    11:18 NJigglypuff pyro mostly.
    11:18 Aura_Guardian alright
    11:18 Aura_Guardian Well, look, I know you're not in a very good position to win
    11:18 Aura_Guardian and probably an impossible one
    11:19 Aura_Guardian But if you could not tell, I am not exactly the most upstanding member of society either by contacting you
    11:19 NJigglypuff yeah.
    11:19 NJigglypuff so what faction are you then?
    11:20 Aura_Guardian I don't feel I should share that with you yet; I want proof that you're willing to work with us first.
    11:20 Aura_Guardian If that's alright with you.
    11:20 NJigglypuff okay then, what do you want me to do?
    11:20 Aura_Guardian Well, I assume you can kill tonight, right?
    11:20 NJigglypuff you assume correctly.
    11:20 Aura_Guardian I don't need the exact details, a simple yes or no is fine.
    11:20 Aura_Guardian alright
    11:21 Aura_Guardian Well, I think that Slim Gludo would be a good kill
    11:21 Aura_Guardian Guldo*
    11:21 NJigglypuff okay then.
    11:21 Aura_Guardian I have reason to believe that he is allied with the village and it would be helpful to work with you here.
    11:22 Aura_Guardian Has Pyro tried convincing you to kill anyone for him?
    11:22 NJigglypuff not yet.
    11:22 Aura_Guardian alright
    11:22 Aura_Guardian If he does, please ignore him
    11:23 Aura_Guardian we do not need more mafia deaths
    11:23 NJigglypuff if you say so.
    11:23 Aura_Guardian there are 3 mafia dead and 0 villagers; it would be bad to get even more crossfire.
    11:24 Aura_Guardian Anyway, any questions you have?
    11:24 Aura_Guardian besides my faction
    11:24 NJigglypuff not that i know of.
    11:24 Aura_Guardian alright
    11:25 Aura_Guardian If you see me around, feel free to message me then if you have more questions.
    11:25 Aura_Guardian I should probably go now
    11:25 NJigglypuff okay then, see you around.

After Pyro told me who to kill (open)

10:44 NJigglypuff hey a_g.
    10:46 Aura_Guardian hey
    10:46 Aura_Guardian What's up?
    10:46 NJigglypuff pyro gave me a target.
    10:46 Aura_Guardian Who?
    10:46 NJigglypuff eo.
    10:47 Aura_Guardian alright
    10:47 Aura_Guardian Be right back.
    10:48 NJigglypuff okay then.
    10:54 Aura_Guardian Alright, back.
    10:55 Aura_Guardian Did he give you a reason why you should kill eo?
    10:57 NJigglypuff no, i don't think he trusts me.
    10:58 Aura_Guardian Yeah, I think that was pretty apparent
    10:58 Aura_Guardian Especially considering the first two deaths of the game were on your team
    10:58 Aura_Guardian Anyway, please don't kill Eo.
    10:58 NJigglypuff yeah, that's the part that has condemned me.
    10:59 NJigglypuff if you say so.
    10:59 NJigglypuff might i ask why?
    10:59 Aura_Guardian I would appreciate it if you killed Slim Guldo as we said before.
    10:59 Aura_Guardian Because I think it would be better for both of us if you killed Slim Guldo.
    10:59 NJigglypuff okay then, i will.
    11:00 Aura_Guardian I heard a rumor that he was the one that outed your mafia channel to pyro, so that might be a good kill
    11:00 Aura_Guardian You know, enact some revenge or something.
    11:00 NJigglypuff okay then.
    11:01 Aura_Guardian If pyro asks why eo isn't dead in the morning
    11:01 Aura_Guardian Tell him that you were hooked
    11:01 NJigglypuff sounds good.
    11:01 Aura_Guardian Did pyro tell you anything else?
    11:02 NJigglypuff nope, nothing.
    11:02 Aura_Guardian alright
    11:02 NJigglypuff anything else you would like me to do?
    11:03 Aura_Guardian Do you have any night abilities you can do besides kill? Or would you prefer not say?
    11:03 NJigglypuff i have no others.
    11:03 Aura_Guardian ok
    11:03 Aura_Guardian In that case, just kill Slim Guldo and we'll go from there.
    11:04 Aura_Guardian If that's it, I'll talk to you later
  8. Da Letter El

is a Forum Moderator

the monocled a_g is the best nickname
  9. Steven Snype

Steven Snype
    is a Tutoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

10. Quagsires

Quagsires

PM for reference, probably the weirdest PM since I subbed into Hoenn, with a few more spelling errors and the like than normal:

So I was a person who gave 1-time BPV items for a particular type of kill without notifying the person they received them or knowing what type of kill it was.

...Yeah.

AND WHY DIDN'T I GET QUAGSIRE???
  11. Slim Guldo

Slim Guldo

I'm guessing 'kill them stealthily' just meant any night kill.

Also I 100% dislike that plan on the grounds that it involved my death
  12. Nightmare Jigglypuff

Nightmare Jigglypuff

Here's a good question for Slim Guldo, how did you find #chinchou to begin with?
  13. Slim Guldo

Slim Guldo

Basically I'm lazy so I'm just gonna copy the PM I sent to Pyro when I told him.

14. Nightmare Jigglypuff

Nightmare Jigglypuff

... Dang...

Wait!

No, all i can say is dang...
  15. Eo Ut Mortus

Eo Ut Mortus Elodin Smells
    is a Tournament Directoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Site Staff Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

I claimed mostly the same thing to pyro only different char without the conversion part and a WC of freezing three people and was going to convert him this night since he seemed to be accepted by mostly everyone as leader.
  16. Pyromanic

Pyromanic

We were going to kill you. I knew you were the cult leader. I has iimkultra protect me from recruitment. Did your role tell you half of the mafia? That is ridiculously broken.
  17. Eo Ut Mortus

Eo Ut Mortus Elodin Smells
    is a Tournament Directoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Site Staff Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

I don't think it was broken considering a) the existence of a shrink, b) Brammi told me after my recruit failed that there were more people than just those mentioned in my role pm who were immune to recruit, c) I can't kill anyone, d) I don't even know which of those people are mafia and don't think contacting them would've done much.
  18. Lady Salamence

Lady Salamence
    is a Smogon Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

Quite intresting.

I'll post my Role PM.

Exept for the RNG hook on LightWolf, all actions were requested by Pyro.

I killed Terrador.

I was supposed to inspect LightWolf, but the game was cancelled.
  19. UncleSam

UncleSam

Lol tbh Salamence was stronger than Giovanni imo...

Considering Eo couldn't kill I think it was only a matter of time until the village won this game.
  20. Lady Salamence

Lady Salamence
    is a Smogon Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

He picked Dusknoir, I picked Salamence. You do the math.
  21. Brammi

Brammi

Ok a few notes.

1. Recruiter was badly neutered. Cults are horribly unbalanced so I introduced the Neighbourizer role to even it but it tilted it the wrong way. I was told to make it more weak because you gained a doublevote for each of your recruits meaning that without some more anti cult stuff it could easily be broken. So I changed the priorities and made a heap of scenario's immune. I had to stop all mafia's from being recruitable because they were weak and it just backflipped. Names were given to lower the pool. Eo did err when he idled night 0 though.

2. Status: There was going to be an alternate mechanic involving items whivh would have made the whole status thing less of an issue. I apologize to tas and US who got the raw end.

3. Plasma: I'm sorry but there was nothing I could do to save you guys. That ruined alot of the game seeing as that faction had the best likelihood of winning.

4. @ Broken Town: The town was originally under populated so i added a couple more roles. I realised how broken the neighbourizer role was just after starting the game and made an executive decision to immunize Cult, that didn't help because Snype stayed suspicious.

5. Sorry for flaking.
  22. Hydrattler

Hydrattler

heres my role

23. RaRe555

RaRe555

my role:

i was gonna fuck up dle's plans >:D

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)