[Standard] The Second Invasion of Silph - Game Abandoned

Approved by billymills

The Second Invasion of Silph

1. If you're alive you can chat. If you're dead you can't chat. You Mafia and dead you're still dead. Don't deadtalk EVER.

2. You have your role. You may not quote your role PM until Day 1. Don't screenshot. They can be faked but some people don't know how so no screenshots.

3. Do not ask for assistance in making fake logs or fake role PMs. There is a generic role pm at the bottom of this post, that is the template I will be using for all town roles.

4. During the day everyone who is able may post Vote: User to place a vote on a user you want to see lynched. No other method will be accepted. No <verb> user other than Vote. If you want to unvote then post Unvote, again, no other method will count. You may ask about majority but don't expect an answer. Once majority is reached the game will enter the twilight phase. No unvotes or votes will be counted during this phase. TAKE NOTE: NO GRACE PERIOD. Adjust play accordingly.

5. The Day phase has a deadline of 72 hours on the first day. All other days will have a deadline of 48 hours. These are non negotiable unless there have been quite a few replacements. If there is no outright lynch majority then there is no lynch. Simple.

6. The night phase will always be 48 hours. Same goes as with day in terms of extensions. You are required to send your action in the form of "Night X - Target" if you are not targeting anyone then name your target as either Idling or No Target. Any questions you may have should be put in the body.

7. Priorities for the most part are secret. The action resolution will not change throughout the game.

8. There are NO items outside flavour.

9. All Pokemon released before GenV are possibly in this game. No one has the same Pokemon. I reserve the right to make any Pokemon any Alignment. AN EVIL POKEMON DOES NOT MEAN THEY ARE SCUM. The converse is also true. IN ADDITION: Impersonation will not be accepted.

10. I will prod anyone that hasn't shown action for a whole phase. Two consecutive prods will result in possible replacement. I should be notified of any known absences. PM me saying "V/LA - <time of no activity>

11. Any role you have and haven't seen may be in this game. Nothing is too unusual to be true. There may or may not be experimental roles. http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=8911
Link is so that no role is confirmed for being too new or outrageous. Also check out that wiki for more roles I may or may not have used.

12. IRC is not required but it should be noted that no IRC means you probably wont get very far in this game.

13. I am to be notified and given access of ANY AND ALL IRC channels and spreadsheets. Smogon has very nice postgames. My knowledge of what people are thinking will help make the postgame both interesting and beneficial.

14. If the rules and a PM conflict the PM is always right. In addition I reserve the right to change any rules I deem to be either outdated or have a game breaking loophole. Stealth lynches are allowed so don't ask about them.

15. Failure to adhere to rules will result in your role being changed to Neutral Survivor and you will be instantly Godkilled. Meaning you lose.

When signing up please PM me with a list of five Pokemon. I will try best I can to accommodate one of your choices as your role.

Generic Role PM:
Welcome to work <username>,

The Silph building where you work has been overrun by several evil organisations.

I would say I’m sorry to be hosting this little game of mine at your place of work but frankly, I don’t really care. There are multiple groups of people who are going to be trying to kill you. While watching your workmates get killed by Pokemon may be enjoyable, I’m giving you and your colleagues a chance to save yourselves. You may use your Pokemon to try and stop being overrun by the evil organisations I have let in to the Silph building. You are able to vote during the day to eliminate who you think the bad guys are.

Your Pokemon, ______, <description of Pokemon>. <Role>

As a worker for Silph Co. you win when all threats to your good company are dead.

Good Luck.
Player List:

Alive:

Insomniac
LightWolf
Manafii101
iiMKUltra StevenSnype
Dogfish44
ginganinja DetroitLolcat
Grovyle
smashlloyd
Afroninja22
Quagsires
Aura Guardian
JBCWK
theangryscientist
RaRe555
Server_Crash
Hydrattler
Pyromaniac
Da Letter El
Eo Ut Mortus
Slim Guldo
Lady Salamence
UncleSam
AlphaJolt

Dead:

Elecbound - Electrike - Plasma Bus Driver - Lynched Day 1

Terrador14 - Chinchou - Plasma Paralyzer - Killed Night 1

Game will hopefully start in just over 24 hours.

Role PMs are about to start going out. Once they are all out Night 0 will begin. Please do not post between now and when I start night 0. Thanks lets have a fun game.

Room 31-041, 59 Second St, Goldenrod City
1638 Hours, 19th June

A man dressed in an expensive business suit is at the head of a table with three people each wearing a different coloured suit. One in Red, one in Blue and the last in Grey.

"What I am proposing is an opportunity like no other." The host opened with a smirk on his face, "A prize that none of you could hope to gain without my help."

The men present shifted in their seats. Yet they all gave their host full attention. All of them had reasons to not trust the man who was in front of them. In the case of two of them they had reason to hate each other as well. However the one thing they all had in common was desperation. Each and every one of them had all the power they once held taken away. They also knew that the proposal being presented to them was not one to pass up lightly. Their host continued.

"I am of course talking about full control of the continent encompassing Kanto and Johto."
Everyone froze. Not even the chairs dared creak in light of that statement. The men present were shocked. They knew this was going to be big, but none of them had imagined anything of this magnitude. Their host laughed on the inside. He alone knew what it was going to cost them to 'buy' his offer.

"At 2000 hours, two weeks from today the Silph Co. building will close for the last time. It is on this night that my people will lock down the whole of Saffron City allowing you all a unique opportunity to claim the building as your own and thus gain power over all of the two regions," the host explained before abruptly leaving the room.

None of the men saw the host again. They turned to each other. Without a single word all three simultaneously walked out of the room to organise their plans for the Second Invasion of Silph.

Room 47-148, 4 Twenty-Third St, Castelia City
0257 Hours, 24th February

Plush was about the only way to describe the room. One wouldn't expect such a room in the building had they seen the laboratories and interrogation rooms on the other floors. No this room was made for comfort. Two expensive red leather lounge chairs were the main feature of the room. They sat in front of an all too realistic fake fireplace. There was little else in the room yet it still gave the impression that there was not enough room.

The man from the meeting sat sinking into one of the lounge chairs. His black suit, the only object in the room to not be dark red in colour. A man came through the only door of the room. He walked briskly to the lounge opposite that of the mysterious man. He too was wearing a black suit yet seemed much less at ease in the crowding room.

"Ah my friend. You've been keeping me waiting. I was getting worried." The original man said.

"Hmph, you've never been worried about a thing in your life. You have no children, no partner, as far as I can tell you don't even have a set job. And for the past few years you seem to be in control of at least half the planet. At the very least you have Kanto and Johto tucked away neatly in your sickeningly large pile of assets," came the response from the untidier of the two.

He was afraid. The fear showed in his eyes. Before him sat the man whom he was most scared of, the man who could give him everything, the man who could take the little he had left. He shuddered to think of the memories of his downfall. So close to getting what he had always wanted. He looked up at his guest to find he was the one being looked at. His blood ran cold. This was not going to be a good meeting.

"Are you done reliving your failure of your past or do I have to wait here longer?" He asked without taking his eyes off his host, "I assure you that you do want to listen to me. If you fail to ... be a good boy this will not end well for you. Oh and you will end, you know I can do that."

His smile was malicious. It was the smile of someone who was never going to lose at anything. It chilled his host to the bone.

He continued speaking, amused by the fear that was displayed in the face before him, "I am giving you a chance. A chance to control the world. Thank you for your hospitality. In the file I leave behind is everything you need to know." The man got up and left, dropping a file on the lap of the now trembling man.

The man opened the file and flicked through its contents. He laughed hysterically like a criminal who had just been given the house keys to his prosecutor's home.

Room 11- 001, 1 Silph St, Saffron City
1958 Hours, 1st July

The meeting was running overtime. The were Silph workers from all parts of the building present and none of them knew each other. It was the makings of a disaster. Everyone wanted what was best for their branch of the company and they didn't really care whose pay would be cut for it, provided it wasn't theirs. The worst part was that all of them knew such meetings were needed for the good of the company.

It was at these meetings that almost everything to do with the running of the company was discussed. Today's meeting was especially important as it was the first day of the new financial year. It was precisely at that moment that the city wide alarm bells started ringing. Yet by the time the first person stood up the alarm had stopped. The workers looked around the room warily. Something was amiss.

The sound of a raging Pokemon battle on one of the lower floors sent the workers in to a frenzy. As they all headed for the warp pads that would get them out of the building a literal war was playing out throughout Saffron City. Members from a number of evil organization were fighting each other. The city was in anarchy. Before anyone could exit the building the front doors locked. None could escape. Then as the workers were looking for alternate exits a voice sounded over the building wide intercom.

"This building has been locked down. There is but one way you can escape. No it is not an unlocked door. It is dead. I have let many ... opportunists ... into this building. Noone is leaving until there is one group standing. Everyone is to be in the 11th floor boardroom in five minutes lest my Sniper Kingdra's see you and shoot you with Hydro Pumps."

Everyone in the building entered the boardroom within the time limit. There were more people than before. Some were evil. Noone knew who was on their side though. Everyone was handed a personalized file and left to their own devices. Some went off the the beds on level nine, others decided to go down the fountain in the foyer to think.

The same voice could be heard over the intercom again, "Everyone is required in the boardroom first thing in the morning. My game has begun. May the best team win..." The building was silent. Everyone checked around themselves. Noone was going to be safe. One man sat in a house not far from the Silph building watching a series of monitors showing every room in the building. He alone was enjoying this. He alone knew why this was happening. He alone knew that everyone in that building had been sent there to die.

Night 0 has begun. Send in your actions by 48 hours from this post.

Metopod use Harden!
Metopod use String shot!
Metopod use Fusion Flare on JBCWK?
That's right. I am Metopod. I can "attack" someone during the night. Because I am so slow, it will not do anything, but it will be somehow incorporated into the update. I want claims tomorrow.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)