[Standard] Time Traveling Viking Mafia - Won by Vikings

The Vikings were a great civilization. They conquered much of England. They discovered Iceland. They discovered Greenland. They discovered Canada (I'll admit, not one of their finest discoveries, but that's alright. But what you may now know about them is that they time traveled. Yes. Long ago, the Vikings discovered the Secret of Time Traveling. They visited many civilizations, both past, present, and future, and along the way they incurred much wrath. The Vikings, who had long been torn apart by internal warring, had to band together to face the hordes of enemies after the Secret of Time Traveling. First and foremost, they incurred the wrath of the popular Monty Python troupe, who decided to obtain the SoTT by slipping into their other skins, and becoming the Monty Python and the Holy Grail Characters. They also incurred the wrath of a group of interstellar, intergalactic space people who we will call the Time Travelers, because that's what they call themselves. Each is after the SoTT, but only one can get it. Who will it be?

To clarify: There are two main village factions, the Vikings, and the Monty Python and the Holy Grail Characters, or MPHGCs. The Time Travelers are a smaller mafia-esque faction. There may be others as well, but then again, there may not be. The Secret of Time Traveling, or SoTT, is an item that has no major effect except that your faction must be holding it (and must have eliminated all threats) in order to win. The Vikings start out with the SoTT.

1. While you are alive, feel free to talk about the game. Once you have died in Smogon name and post restrict, you may not discuss the game with anyone not allied with you, save rule 34. You may not share information you gained after death unless your role allows you to, or someone else's role allows them to talk to you.
2. The game will begin on Night 0. There will be no kills on Night 0. During Night 0, no one may paste their Role PM. Role PMs may be freely distributed starting from Day 1. PM Polelover44 and/or Quagsires for help in faking a role PM. Which you probably should do.
3. Do not take grammatical errors in PMs as proof of faking. We are human and can make mistakes. We have tried to keep all text relatively the same, but there may be discrepancies (but not as many as ours past games). If you believe there are, PM us and we will correct them. Do NOT correct them yourself.
4. You may paste things the hosts tell you, but do not anticipate everything we tell you is true. You can paste fake logs; PM Polelover44 or Quagsires for help faking a log. Screenshots are allowed, but these are no more trustworthy than someone saying something.
5. Each Day period will last 48 hours at the start, then be cut to 24 as people die. There is no shortened time for majority because you have Day Actions. There are grace periods as we are working on the update after majority is reached, at a minimum of 1 hour. There is no announcement of what majority is or when its reached. Don't ask.
6. We will allow stealth lynching if you can successfully pull this off. Good luck. You'll need it.
7. During the day you must bold your vote and post flavor <user> OR flavor <alias>. To change your vote, you must edit your original post with your new vote. You may choose to No Lynch during the day as well, and any votes towards a dead user (if he or she has been godkilled) will count as No Lynch. If you wish to vote for nothing at that time but have already voted, unbold your original vote and state something along the lines that it is retracted. Any ties will result in a no lynch.
8. Each Night period will last 48 hours or until all PMs have been received. This will be cut to 24 as people die.
9. Feel free to target dead users with your abilities. We cannot say if anything will come of this, and it is very likely nothing will happen. However, there are exceptions.
10. Priorities have been set beforehand. You don't get to know them until the game ends.
11. There are items in this game. To give your item away, include "Give ITEM to USER" in the body of your PM. Items can be stolen and there is no limit to the number of items that may be held, besides common sense. Item passing is also guaranteed to be the lowest priority, breakable by kills and kidnaps
12. Don't ask what happens to items after someone dies, we'll let you know if you receive the item. There are items in this game that will turn to dust once the holder dies though
13. Inform Polelover44 and Quagsires of all channels, spreadsheets, etc. you make for this game. Give us access: ask for our emails, our registered IRC nicks are Polelover44 and Quagsires.
14. IRC will be of great assistance to you in this game and other users may be very annoyed if you don't have it, to the point of asking you to be subbed out if you don't. It's not that hard to gain access to: you never have to pay to use mIRC if you hit Continue twice, Mibbit is free, etc.
15. Send all PMs to Polelover44 and Quagsires so we can both update. If you are choosing to idle, please PM "NX - Idling" so we know you are active.
16. Be active or get out. You will almost assuredly lose this game if you are not active and anyone who could rely on you will be hampered by your inactivity. We will send a warning PM if you do not send a PM a night/day. After that, we will sub you out. We will NOT postpone deadlines if you do not meet them unless you ask us to give you an extra hour to discuss/coordinate. We WILL ask for subs on anyone who signed up and didn't get in.
17. If a role PM and the rules clash in something, the role PM takes precedence.
18. We are your hosts and we will be writing the Postgame, so please talk to us about your thoughts on the game. While we cannot confirm or deny any suspicions you may have, we would love to hear them. We would also like reasons for your actions if possible.
The win condition for everyone is, "You are allied with the _________. You win when you eliminate all threats.
20. If you post in the thread when silenced or kidnapped, break a posting restriction, n, or fail to vote for the person you were persuaded to vote for, you will be godkilled. We will be making it very clear what you can and cannot do (Spiffy), should one of these actions be directed your way, so you will have no excuse for not following the guidelines.
21. The official IRC channel will be #channel. Failure to join will hurt you badly gamewise and make us and everyone else want you to be subbed out.
22. If you have a non-information role, you will not receive a result unless it fails. If you think you should have received a result PM but did not, you should contact the host that performed the last update, or the other one if they appear to be free to review your case.
23. This is a 1 vs. 2 game. Whether we're telling the truth here or not is up to you to decide
24. The only way to kill during the day is a lynch, and Night Actions affect Night Actions AND items, so if someone is hooked, they will not use their item either.
25. There is a spoon. This is reality, Neo.
26. Aliases are in this game. PM Quagsires and Polelover44 with an alias you wish to use in the game, or a request for us to choose one for you. People must target aliases and people separately, except in lynches
27. You do not die until both your alias and your Smogon name are dead. If your alias dies, you cannot use an item. If your smogon name dies, you cannot use your ability.
28. You may PM Quagsires and Polelover44 daily with, "Day x- Electing <user> as leader of the <faction name>. <User> does not have to be a member of the faction, but he will control the kill for that faction if he gets the most votes and if the faction kills that night. The day's length will not necessarily wait until everyone gets their votes in though, in cases of early updates.
29. Don't break the game.
30. This is an open theme game. While the factions definitely have some sort of connection to their members, there are some who barely resemble their faction's theme
31. Lynching kills the user AND the alias, if one of them is not dead already. Any votes cast for an alias will count for the user, and vice versa. If the user or alias is dead, the vote will go towards whichever is still alive. If both are dead, it counts as no lynch.
32. We are human and can make mistakes, if you're going to bitch and moan about any mistakes we may or may not make, don't bother signing up. That said, I (polelover) will attempt to cut down on the mistakes I made in past games. Please refer to rule #3 if you catch a mistake.
33. EVERYONE has a post restrict corresponding to someone else's role name in their faction. However, we have set this up so that factions cannot unite using these, but at the least you can find an ally. If you break the restriction, see rule 20. We admit some may be interperted in several ways as well, so do not blame us if you misinterpert someone else's post restrict as a different role name
34. Once per game, once at least 10 players are completely dead, you may pm Quagsires and Polelover44 with, "Night X- Broadcast. The text of that pm will be an anonymous message the next day. We reserve the right to refuse to air the message or edit the contents if we believe it directly points to you being the sender (ie no saying I'm not the spy)

Alive: 20

AthenodorosDeinosaur
Blue_Tornado
BrammiStevenSnype
Captain Bagman
Ditto
Fatecrashers
Fire BlastDaenym
HD
Hydrattler
Khz
Lady Salamance
Paperblade
Pyromaniac
Terrador14
theangryscientistUndisputed
Tsuk
Wickdaggler
Wildeep
Yeti
Zorbees

Aliases Alive: 22
Andreaea
Aphakic
Banana Hammock
Baroswitch
Chowder
Colpocele
Contam
Helvella
Human After All
Kraig Galleher
LastStrike
Lyginopteridales
Lyonnais
Mogilalia
Mudsucker
Nonputrescence
Parkeriaceae
USsux
Undermediator
antireaction
antishrike
fluffy

Dead: 3
subphosphate/alias/Grand Moff Tarkin/hook + ability copy/Time Travelers/Smashed to Bits Night 1
LightWolf/user/William the Conqueror/hook/Vikings/Choked and Account Hacked Night 1
Nightmare Jigglypuff/user/Man Who's Not Dead/infinite rogue/Monty Python and the Holy Grail Charaters/Died of Plague Night 1
Galladiator/user/Ivar The Boneless/bodyguard/Vikings/Smashed to Bits Night 2
LifeAdmiral/user/Saint Olaf/reverse martyr/Vikings/Committed Suicied Night 2/alias Reinstruction, Blown to tiny Bits Night 2
ginganinja/user/Arthur, King of the Britains/Negative Mayor/Monty Python and the Holy Grail Characters/Alias Níðhöggr/Lynched Day 3

The game will start on Night 0, when all Role PMs are out.

All Role PMs are out. It is now Night 0. Night 0 will end in 48 hours, or when all actions are received.

Here's the basic format for Role PMs:

Dear <user>
You are <role>,

<flavor>

<ability>

<item>

<post restriction>

<win condition>

<alias>

In some PMs, <user> is the actual user, sometimes it's just <user>.

a fairy

is a Tournament Directoris a Site Content Manageris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Community Leader
Interesting, eh buddy? We shall now pioneer this game, discovering uncharted places and people! We shall prevail!

note: i have this stupid post restriction that requires me to "talk" to something of mine, an imaginary friend, if you will.

zorbees

Chwa for no reason!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Terrador, I insist my penis is quite large! I unclog my nose in your direction, you son of a window-dresser! Now go away, or I will taunt you a second time!

imperfectluck

Banned deucer.
Greetings everyone, imperfectluck here with an important announcement!

I would like all of my fellow Vikings to contact me on IRC at once (I am usually on as imperfectluck in case some of you don't know). Don't worry, you will be in good hands. We don't really have any time to waste since the cycles are rather short, so it would be better for us to assemble as fast as possible. I am Odin, and hold the Secret of Time Traveling.

Greetings everyone, imperfectluck here with an important announcement!

I would like all of my fellow Vikings to contact me on IRC at once (I am usually on as imperfectluck in case some of you don't know). Don't worry, you will be in good hands. We don't really have any time to waste since the cycles are rather short, so it would be better for us to assemble as fast as possible. I am Odin, and hold the Secret of Time Traveling.
Okay, I'm calling BS on that. I actually know who has the SoTT, as I found the info out right after slaying a dragon that was terrorizing a local village. It's not ipl. I'll post my role PM at the first opportunity, but for now, be satisfied with my saying that I'm the BG.

Oh, and I have a post restrict. See if you can guess what it is.

EDIT: @ all those underneath: I know. I was only pretending to sound pissed off. I was also kidding about knowing the status of the SoTT. I really am the BG, though.

Acklow

I am always tired. Don't bother me.
Uh, sorry to butt in on this game, but ipl is obviously trolling. Look at the player list:

polelover44 said:
Athenodoros
Blue_Tornado
Brammi
Captain Bagman
Ditto
Fatecrashers
Fire Blast
Galladiator
Ginganinja
Goldenknight
HD
Hydrattler
Khz
Lady Salamance
Lightwolf
Paperblade
Pyromaniac
Staraptor Call
Terrador14
The_angry_scientist
Tsuk
Wickdaggler
Wildeep
Yeti
Zorbees
If you haven't figured it out yet, he was poking fun at Bass's post in Paper Mario Mafia.

Edit: Thanks Fate, though I intended to directly help out our helpless friend Galladiator, there.

Updating.

You all gather together, both friend and foe alike, all drawn by the want to time travel as well as to completely overwhelm the others, yet none of you having the resources to do so. The night had brought on nonesense, people like Hydrattler talking about friends and French and their lack of masculinity, no one really knew what was going on. In fact, nothing really happened, no one died, it was a pretty boring night.

Until a random football came around and smacked Zorbees in the head, knocking him out. You've all looked at him, some trying to see what he was, but apparently you can't find out! Hopefully he'll be able to talk after he's awake again, which'll probably be at the end of the day or night.

But that wasn't the only event that happened. Besides people going about their business and trying to figure out who their allies were, you all noticed a strawman named Helvella, who seems to have had an encounter with fresh fruit, noted by the coconuts by him, and is unconscious like Zorbees. Whoever it is, they won't be saying much anytime soon, either on IRC or in the thread.

As you all gather around, it seems like you all agree that for this game to end, it would be easiest to decide, person by person, who needs to be killed. Naturally, you all then go off and decide to try and make such alliances.

IT IS DAY 1 ONCE ALL RESULTS ARE OUT. WE WILL LET YOU KNOW WHEN THAT IS. KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON.

Also, if anyone could find the whereabouts of user: Brammi, that would be much appreciated. If he does not reply to me by midday (24 hours), he will be subbed.

Probably should post that ALL PMS ARE OUT

In the future, do not pm Quagsire, pm Quagsires, and send it to BOTH hosts, in case one of us cannot update.

And FAQ will be created soon

Great, now I have two post restrictions.

I've been persuaded to say the following in every post I make for the day:

I'm a village inspector and I found a mafia last night.

Dear <user>
You are Harald 'Klak' Halfdansson,

You are the king of Jutland, but apart from that your life is shrouded in mystery. You have at least three brothers, a father who no one knows the identity of and scores of relatives who probably ruled somewhere at some time. No one knows where or when you died, but some suspect it was the same time your brother died in 837 defending a village from raiders.

At night you may pm Quagsires and Polelover44 with the following, "Night X - Taking <user> as village loot!" After looting an unsuspecting village you will take <user> as a hostage, and they will not be able to communicate with anyone during the next day.

You are holding a sack that contains your loot from previous conquests. Because it contains such envious jewels and treasure once per game you are able to bribe the masses to stop them from lynching you.

Because we know so little about you, you have to keep reminding them who you are. Therefore every post you make in this thread must introduce yourself to remind everyone who you are.

You are allied with the Time Travellers. You win if you eliminate all threats.

Your alias is Nonputrescence.
If what little past experience I have is anything to go by, this could be an attempt to sow mistrust. But apparently the mafia isn't very smart, as I've already claimed BG. (By the way, as promised, here's my PM:)

polelover44 said:
Dear <user>
You are Ivar the Boneless,

You are the son of one of the most ferocious Vikings, and probably the least aptly named of all of his sons, as you were one of the strongest leaders in your crusades against England. While your flexibility is likely the source of your nickname, it doesn't really matter, since you need to continue your crusade against the English and make that crusade have roots now in the past and the future.

At night you may pm Quagsires and Polelover44 with the following, "Night x- ELIMINATE all threats to <user>." You will use your natural offensive skills to attack anyone who might threaten <user>, making all killers want to keep their distance.

<snip>

When you post, you must talk about the many saintly things you've done in your life, since the influence of a good friend has made you quite pious. If you fail to do this or something obviously similar in any of your posts, we have the right to godkill you.

You are allied with the Vikings. You win if you eliminate all threats.

Your alias is <snip>.
Now, as the man who killed Osama Bin Laden (untrue, yes, but how is that not noble?), I feel I can be trusted. (And before you ask about the <snip>s, I've only included relevant info.

Anyway, back to the subject. The mafioso who persuaded me either a) wasn't paying attention on N0; 2) wants to make a random villager seem fishy, or c) is extremely stupid. At any rate, I say we No Lynch until somebody (possibly the real inspector?) comes forward with proof.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)