Star Wars Battlefront

Yea I'm leaning towards four new heroes and four new villains. Otherwise Nien Numb is an absurd choice.

Calling Greedo a hero might be the worst thing Dice/EA has done. He was a bounty hunter for Jabba the fucking Hutt.

We definitely need Chewie in there and they need to add the episode 7 characters into battle of Jakku

Looked at the link and I honestly cannot remember Nien Numb from any of the movies.

Last edited:

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributor
Orange Islands
Star Wars does this alot, creates lots of little characters and doesn't go into much detail.
You are joking right? Pretty much every minor character had a big back story in the now defunct EU canon. Nien ended up being the Administrator of Kessel and ended up being lifelong friends with Lando Clarissian... In the new Canon he is part of the Sullust resistance around the time of Empire Strikes Back and helps one of the characters in Twilight Company. He also pops up again in The Force Awakens. Hell, he even had a sister in the old EU who flew with Rogue Squadron.

All I see is EA getting orders from Disney at the moment. The Battlefront book massively ties into the game at various points (mentions of Outpost Beta and then the appearance of Sullust etc). I believe Greedo shows up in Rebels at points as well, so the new characters aren't that out there from looking at the direction that Disney wants the franchise to go.

Still haven't decided if I'll get the season pass. It's a lot of money for one game in total (£80 [£40 + £40]). I mean chances are we'll get some decent content, but I might get it later in the year if Greedo/Nien turn out to be decent heroes (not that I ever play heroes much).

You are joking right? Pretty much every minor character had a big back story in the now defunct EU canon. Nien ended up being the Administrator of Kessel and ended up being lifelong friends with Lando Clarissian... In the new Canon he is part of the Sullust resistance around the time of Empire Strikes Back and helps one of the characters in Twilight Company. He also pops up again in The Force Awakens. Hell, he even had a sister in the old EU who flew with Rogue Squadron.

All I see is EA getting orders from Disney at the moment. The Battlefront book massively ties into the game at various points (mentions of Outpost Beta and then the appearance of Sullust etc). I believe Greedo shows up in Rebels at points as well, so the new characters aren't that out there from looking at the direction that Disney wants the franchise to go.

Still haven't decided if I'll get the season pass. It's a lot of money for one game in total (£80 [£40 + £40]). I mean chances are we'll get some decent content, but I might get it later in the year if Greedo/Nien turn out to be decent heroes (not that I ever play heroes much).
What I mean is that Nien is such a minor character, I couldn't even remember him from the movies. They may as well add Admiral Ackbar. Maybe Jabba the Hut could work?

Last edited:
There was some sick Hutts in the EU that were fast, buff and killed people by slamming their muscular tails. It would be hilarious for them to do that to Jabba, but he is pretty obese for his species.

jay

I’m thinking bout changing the culture
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
I wasn't that disappointed when I realized that Greedo and Nien Nunb were going to be the first villain and hero released. I play a fair amount of Heroes vs Villains so as long as they function just as well if not better as the other characters in the game I won't mind. I'm sure everyone would have rather had larger characters get released first but I don't think that would be very smart on EA's part.

I wasn't that disappointed when I realized that Greedo and Nien Nunb were going to be the first villain and hero released. I play a fair amount of Heroes vs Villains so as long as they function just as well if not better as the other characters in the game I won't mind. I'm sure everyone would have rather had larger characters get released first but I don't think that would be very smart on EA's part.
So long as they balance it out, I'm fine with it.

We definately need Chewbacca in the near future.

jay

So long as they balance it out, I'm fine with it.

We definately need Chewbacca in the near future.
I'm a bit skeptical about Chewbacca because of the fact he uses a bowcaster and that's already in the game and its kind of ridiculous as it is, and I imagine he'd have a better version of it similar to Han having a better version of the DL-44.

I'm a bit skeptical about Chewbacca because of the fact he uses a bowcaster and that's already in the game and its kind of ridiculous as it is, and I imagine he'd have a better version of it similar to Han having a better version of the DL-44.
Well the DL-44 is in the game and it is Solo's gun as well as a selectable weapon for normal troops. Same with Boba Fett and Leia. If it is too OP they should just base everything off the originals. Maybe they could create new modes to support new heroes/villians and then it would work.

jay

After seeing the DLC trailer I can genuinely say that I'm excited for it. Although after seeing the Greedo gameplay, I think they took the whole "Greedo shoots first" thing a little too far, but it looks like they did a good job putting it together and I'll most likely be purchasing it.

Acklow

I am always tired. Don't bother me.
Greedo is so wacky, I still haven't gotten a hang of his R1. Nien Nunb is op and amazing. The fact that he can drop an infinite amount of proximity bombs around his turret means that nobody can get past him defensively. I can see Nien Nunb being a go to for Rebels on defensive levels like Walker Assault.

Greedo is so wacky, I still haven't gotten a hang of his R1. Nien Nunb is op and amazing. The fact that he can drop an infinite amount of proximity bombs around his turret means that nobody can get past him defensively. I can see Nien Nunb being a go to for Rebels on defensive levels like Walker Assault.
Wait, so you will have to pay for this new pack? And is there only one mode which Greedo and Numb are on?

Last edited:

Acklow

I am always tired. Don't bother me.
Yes, this is a part of the Outer Rim DLC. I have a season pass so I am able to access all the new maps and heroes. Nien Nunb and Greedo are available on all modes where Heroes are available, which includes the new Extraction game mode which is absolutely fun (it's like Walker Assault, but CQC and you get heroes in this mode as well). Also I figured out how to play Greedo and he's the one other Villain who can go toe to toe with Luke Skywalker 1v1 (In fact he can beat Luke so easily it's not even funny).

religiousjedi

Old man.
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Yes, this is a part of the Outer Rim DLC. I have a season pass so I am able to access all the new maps and heroes. Nien Nunb and Greedo are available on all modes where Heroes are available, which includes the new Extraction game mode which is absolutely fun (it's like Walker Assault, but CQC and you get heroes in this mode as well). Also I figured out how to play Greedo and he's the one other Villain who can go toe to toe with Luke Skywalker 1v1 (In fact he can beat Luke so easily it's not even funny).
^Incoming nerf.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)