1. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.
  2. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!

Star Wars Mafia Postgame

Discussion in 'Circus Maximus' started by polelover44, Feb 13, 2010.

1. polelover44

polelover44

[​IMG]
    This game was pretty fun to host! I made some first-time host mistakes, i.e. not making Role PMs thorough enough, releasing someone's mafia team in their Role PM upon death, etc.

A note: Thorns was subbed out because he released Jabba's team when I accidentally posted it. Not because he had no time for gaming. Thank you.

The Republic:

Crunchatize Me (lynched Day 1)

He was meant to be the single most useful village role. On Night 0, he got ahead by finding Thorns to be the Emperor. He released his role as inspector early Day 1, along with Thorns' Role PM. He was initially believed, however Thorns pulled off a masterful false claim as Chancellor Palpatine, which got him out of the lynch until the second day. Crunchatize Me attempted to get out of the lynch which seemed determined to be set at him, but, partly due to my failing to include a description of the role in the PM, was lynched.
    They thought he was Darth Yoda:
    Big Image (open)
    [​IMG]

(7/10)

felixmartin (Killed Night 1)
    felixmartin did reasonably well for his first ever Mafia game! As C-3PO, he attempted to anonymously unite the village, but did not, due to the village obviously believing him to be mafia. The vigilantes (Agape and Naruto) killed him Night 1, and that was that.
    5/10

Exarius (Killed Night 3)
    Ex was the first villager death since felixmartin Night 1. He did not publicly claim, and in fact, only died because of a misunderstanding between myself and the Empire. I thought I had written that the item “Lightsaber” was one-use only, but I had, in fact, forgotten to write that. Nevertheless, Ex did well to guard macle.
    6/10

RaRe555 (Killed Night 4)

This was meant to asset the village greatly. Unfortunately, RaRe was forced into slight inactivity during the game, and only voted in the lynch of Crunchatize Me (ironic, isn't it?)
    5/10

macle (Killed Night 5)
    macle did a great job stepping up as village leader upon the death of Thorns. He undoubtedly informed the Vigilantes who to kill (although I'm not 100% sure), and he never failed to lynch a mafia, leading the village excellently. Great job, macle!
    10/10

Raverist (Lynched Day 6)
    Raverist did significantly better than he did in GS Mafia. He had a great role that allows him to act scummy, and still kill a mafia as he goes down. Unfortunately, he shot fellow villager hailflameblast with his last breath. IT'S A TRAP!!!!!!!!!!!
    6/10

hailflameblast (Killed Day 6)
    This was a pretty generic village role. He never managed to steal an item, seeing as there were only three in the game – one was used Night 0, one was held by Alchemator when he died, and the third was elusive, in the hands of the Empire.
    6/10

iss/Knightofthewind (Killed Night 6)

iss/KOTW was a paranoid basic inspector (meaning that every single person showed up as having a random mafia alignment). Iss was inactive and subbed out, KOTW wasn't the most active either, only doing anything at all on the night of his death.
    3/10

Agape (Killed Night 6)
    Agape was the leader of the Vigilante duo. They did a pretty good job, and while Naruto did well in his mafia game, he was overshadowed by Agape's performance. He led the Vigilantes in deciding what to do, and killed the suspicious Knightofthewind on Night 6, even though he turned out to be village.
    (7/10)

Naruto (survived)
    Naruto, a good friend of mine, was a vigilante in his first ever mafia game. He did well as the second half of the duo, especially since it was his first game ever. He kept a low enough profile not to get noticed, but appeared enough to not be suspicious.
    (6/10)

Kakth (survived)
    Kakth attempted to lead upon macle's death, and although he did not follow the unofficial “leading guidelines”, he still managed to lead the village to a victory. The lynch of Raverist Day 6 was unsuccessful, but upon receiving Team Aether's mafia alignment Night 6, lynched him Day 7 for the win, in a mislynch-and-lose situation.
    (7/10)

Class (survived)
    This was a standard bulletproof role. Nothing much to say.
    (5/10)

Jabba The Hutt's Faction:

VObLiTZ (Sacrificed Night 1)
    When blue_light revealed himself as a neutral with a null win condition, VObLiTZ converted him, in his only meaningful act this game, noting that the village would not waste a lynch, nor would the Empire waste a kill.
    (7/10)

Mattimeo (Lynched Day 3)
    Mattimeo was a fun role that I like to call a “lawyer”. This, along with -Mind-'s “framer” role, screws with the inspectors, making them less and less useful (although still useful, only less so). He never redeemed anybody who was inspected, so it didn't work.
    (6/10)

-Mind- (Lynched Day 4)
    This was the opposite of Mattimeo's role. Again, he never framed anybody who was inspected.
    (6/10)

Lord Jesseus (Killed Night 4)
    This was the mafia version of felixmartin's role. Jesseus idled until Night 4, in an attempt to prove to macle that he was really the anonymous message sender. However, he forgot about his teammate, Nook, who was using his uber-ability on macle that night, and died.

Nook (Killed Night 5)
    This was my favorite role in the entire game. This was meant to be used to turn the odds in the mafia's favor – getting the inspector by rampaging the inspection target, or getting the bodyguard by rampaging the inspector (or other village leader). He used it on macle Night 4, and accidentally, Lord Jesseus, his teammate, was the only one visiting macle that night.
    (7/10)

The Empire:

Thorns/Retribution (Lynched Day 2)
    Thorns was revealed by Yoda on Day 1, but managed to get out of the lynch when he posted a masterful false claim, and noted some problems in the Role PMs that Crunchatize Me posted. He was forcefully subbed out when I accidentally posted Jabba The Hutt's faction in VObLiTZ's Role PM, and he noted it, and revealed it to all. You can blame Earthworm.
    (8/10)

Alchemator (Killed Night 2)
    Alchemator was a standard Godfather (mole) role. He had no night abilities, except the mafia's bi-nightly kill. He did pretty well, but died the same night as he received the Dual Lightsaber from West.
    (6/10)

Purple Wobbuffett (Killed Night 4)
    PW was an excellent role, in my opinion. He had the silencer role, which allowed him to silence key townsmen at times, and he held the Lightsaber. The night of his death, he gave his Lightsaber to West, who immediately passed it off to Team Aether.
    (6/10)

West (Lynched Day 5)
    He was a standard Mafia Grunt with Item. His item was a one-time use, and a great item, but sadly was never used. However, he did a good job surviving, keeping a low profile.
    (7/10)

Team Aether (Lynched Day 7)
    Team Aether played excellently, surviving until the end of the game. He kept a low profile until West's Day 5 death, and went on later to kill macle and Agape, bringing it down to 3-on-1. Had the village lynched incorrectly that day, he would have won, but, alas for The Empire, the Republic stood strong.
    (9/10)

Neutrals

AlphaBravo (Died Night 0)
    Poor AlphaBravo. He died Night 0 due to the effect of blue_light's Thermal Detonator, an item that worked Night 0 because it did not have a 100% chance of killing the one it was thrown at. Solo would have been a good wolf, however, as it's easy to claim Republic when you're Han Solo.
    (5/10)

Sledge (Killed Night 1)
    Sledge was supposed to have an interesting role, an inferior sidekick to wolf Han Solo. However, upon Solo's death, the only way for him to win was to kill everybody else. He was killed by the mafia Night 1 for trying to lead the village.
    (6/10)

blue_light (Killed Night 2)
    blue_light was a very interesting role, based off of a neutral “lyncher” role which I found on another site. He threw the Detonator at AlphaBravo Night 0. It exploded, and his target died. However, he was not useless. He claimed, saying “don't waste a lynch/kill on me”, and was recruited by Jabba's Faction. However, he was killed Night 2.
    (7/10)

Awards:
    Best Villager: macle
    Best Empire: Team Aether
    Best Jabba's Faction: Nook
    Best Neutral: blue_light
    Best Sub: Knightofthewind
  2. Alchemator

Alchemator my god if you don't have an iced tea for me when i
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

I think you'll find that Agape killed felixmartin and blue_light because of me :P

And I don't get any points for getting Raverist to kill hailflameblast? :(

I also got blue_light to counterlynch Crunchatize_Me

Nevertheless, a fun game for my first mafia (being N0 randkilled in Battleworld wasn't much fun)
  3. macle

macle ribbit
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Forum Moderatoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

this was an interesting game.

basically if i had time on day 1 i could have stopped the lynch on crunchitize me but he was retarded and broke his posting restriction which didn't help.

also when i said purple weezing and west was mafia i was just bluffing and you guys fell right for it but next time you're function shouldn't claim as inspectors.

honestly i had about 9 inspector claims which was insane.

i'm glad kotw / iss never gave me any results now.

i wish i knew agape and naruto were confirmed cleaned by each other. :(

next i wish hailflameblaster would have voted for west since that made me suspicious of him. :(

also kakth was a real noob at the beginning of the game but he/she slowly improved. Though forgetting to inspect people sucks...
  4. Solace

Solace falling slowly
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

Kakth and I got Class to lynch Team Aether, and I proved my innocence at the end of the game =P

I played pro for only playing mafia irl

This was great pole, especially since it was your first time hosting.

I didn't really know much about the game, so aside from voting for majority lynch and being a vigilante yes-man for agape, i kept a low profile. Apparently that worked, although I didn't think I would be in the survivors. I remember Pole had asked me to lead a lynch, but I chose not to in order to keep a low profile. My noobiness helped me win =o

I also remembered I lied about my role because I wasnt sure exactly what I was doing. I sort of played for myself at the same time as the republic.
  5. Agape

Agape

Fun game despite some errors.

We had some trouble with the kills because I believed Alchemator for a while and didn't tell macle about Naruto (that would've made him give me targets, probably) >_>

Also, did anybody fall for this:

6. Alchemator

I hadn't actually ruled that out lol, really I just planned to abuse you to kill loads of villagers had I not died.

Consider this revenge for you killing me N0 in battleworld >:( xD

EDIT: I'm flattered Team Aether, hopefully we can be in the same team for another game ;)
  7. Team Aether

Team Aether

I was really, really hoping the village would mislynch on the last day so I could win, but they didn't. Oh well. It was fun while it lasted.

I think runner-up for Best Empire goes to Alchemator. He gathered quite a bit of information by interrogating people on IRC.

GG all. Thanks for hosting, polelover!
  8. -Mind-

-Mind-

lol we got sold out, w/e thanks for hosting polelover
  9. macle

macle ribbit
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Forum Moderatoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

actually the empire only told me that mattimeo was mafia. Then i guess who the other ones were and was right. x)
  10. Alchemator

It's interesting to note that in the original Empire Spreadsheet I had Lord Jesseus and Nook marked as Hutt by pure speculation (before someone changed Lord Jesseus'). Team Aether started another spreadsheet, but I don't know the link.

Crunchatize_Me also coughed up the village spreadsheet he had, but it didn't help much.
  11. Zach

Zach

yeah before i died i wasn't sure whether or not to give the spreadsheet i had but it didn't really have much on it so no harm no foul
  12. THE_IRON_KENYAN

THE_IRON_KENYAN 0 vv 0
    is a Forum Moderator

Mace Windu and Luke Skywalker, great jedi marksman
  13. Raverist

Raverist

I indeed did feel I did better here than in GS Mafia, though not by a great deal as I basically bandwagoned.

As for late game, which is where my score likely came from here, initially I had kakth marked as mafia and didn't really expect to hit mafia. Considering the 1 in 7 chance of getting the kill, I was naturally skeptical of who I hit, but eventually followed the advice of kakth and killed HFB with my lynchkill.

I've not much else to say on the subject, but this was a better mafia that I never fucked up, ie by making a false claim so bad it's terribad.
  14. Team Aether

Team Aether

15. Thorns

Thorns

solid hosting for a first-timer by himself! good work
  16. KnightoftheWind

KnightoftheWind
    is a Past WCoP Winner

I personally found the game rather dull, which is why I wasn't very active, but considering you're a bit new to the mafia scene, I can let it slide.
  17. Alchemator

Maybe if you'd participated more it wouldn't have been as dull.
  18. RaRe555

RaRe555

Yeah, I wasn't active =/. It's because my role is mostly used lategame. So i expected to keep a low profile so mafia wouldn't target me, and see if i could help in the end lol, obviously that didn't happen.

Still GJ hosting polelover :D
  19. felixmartin

felixmartin

Why would you want to kill me? I was just trying to unite the republic :(
  20. Alchemator

You were the first villager-looking person I came across looking down the spreadsheet, sorry :(

'twas pot luck. If I'd known that you were the announcer I might have had you killed on purpose though :P
  21. macle

macle ribbit

so

nook and team aether made the same fake role pm...

how?
  22. Team Aether

Team Aether

Polelover gave us safeclaims.
  23. polelover44

polelover44

Yeah I got lazy.
  24. -Mind-

-Mind-

25. Thoughts

Thoughts

I blame my actions on Macle \o/

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)