1. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Stark Rules (Evasion)

Discussion in 'Pokémon Policy' started by david stone, Apr 27, 2008.

1. david stone

david stone Fast-moving, smart, sexy and alarming.
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Smogon IRC AOp Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

I would like this to be removed from the rules. I don't think that any intelligent discussion should be outright banned because of the topic. If they post with "it shoudl be baned because lance used dt ninjask and it beat me :(((" then infract them with lurk more and delete the post / thread.

I actually don't think I've seen a 'real' discussion of evasion (or OHKOs) for DP, so it's hardly old and tired (considering that the rule has been in place since I started reading Stark...).
  2. chaos

chaos
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Battle Server Administratoris a Programmeris a Smogon IRC SOPis a Contributor to Smogonis an Administratoris a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnus
    Owner

Agree, the less "we dont want you to talk about THIS" stuff we have in the rules the better. It's just kind of petty, and it makes us look like we don't value our community.
  3. X-Act

X-Act np: Biffy Clyro - Shock Shock
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus

Yeah, it's especially frustrating for me since I actually don't agree with banning them.

*gets savagely shot down* >_<
  4. Mekkah

Mekkah
    is a Super Moderatoris a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Staff Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
    Super Moderator

Sure, remove it. I'm sure we can expect a discussion topic with the same old arguments on it soon enough, but it makes sense to not ban it anymore.
  5. david stone

david stone Fast-moving, smart, sexy and alarming.
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Smogon IRC AOp Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

6. Carl

Carl or Varl
    is a Smogon IRC AOp Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Winner

I started my browsing of Smogon today with IS over the other forums so I don't know if anyone has done so yet, but it would be nice if one of our users *cough*Obi*cough* would ease our way back into discussing evasion with an intelligent discussion thread about it. Maybe I'll get to it in a bit if nobody else has.
  7. Toothache

Toothache Let the music play!
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnus

I was actually pondering running a tourney where OHKO moves and evasion moves weren't banned just to demonstrate how effective these strategies are, so I'm in support of this. I'd like to see what comes out of any discussion first though

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)