Starmie (TrickScarf Lead)*

Plus

中国风暴 trademark
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Hello C&C, it's Plus :). This is a set I have been using for nearly a year, and it's been my favorite lead to use by far. Some people who know me might have seen me use this set, or can vouch for its effectiveness as well.

Status: ready for upload? mods can you please check this if it's up to quality, that would be great :)

analysis

[SET]
name: TrickScarf Lead
move 1: Hydro Pump
move 2: Ice Beam / Thunderbolt
move 3: Rapid Spin
move 4: Trick
item: Choice Scarf
ability: Natural Cure
nature: Timid
evs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe

[SET COMMENTS]

<p>With Starmie outspeeding common leads such as Metagross, Infernape, and Azelf, it can Trick its Choice Scarf during their Stealth Rock set-up to lock them into using that, while you proceed to Rapid Spin on the switch. Choice Scarf Starmie also outspeeds some other common Choice Scarfed leads and hits them relatively hard, namely Breloom and Jirachi, the former being OHKOed by Ice Beam and the latter taking roughly 50% damage from Hydro Pump. Hydro Pump is chosen over Surf for the reliable 2HKO on Lead Metagross and Rotom-A, the latter which could be drawn in due to Rapid Spin from Starmie. For the more defensive leads such as Hippowdon and Forretress who are more inclined to switch to a specially-defensive Pokemon such as Blissey, Starmie will almost always Trick a Choice Scarf onto a vital component of a stall team.</p>

<p>Although there are advantages to Tricking Starmie's Choice Scarf onto a lead early-game, sometimes it is best to save the Choice Scarf for late-game, as Starmie makes an effective revenge killer to Pokemon such as Dragon Dance Salamence, Agility Metagross, and Choice Scarf Flygon. Thunderbolt is an option over Ice Beam for revenge killing Dragon Dance Gyarados, as well as hitting certain Pokemon harder, such as Vaporeon, Suicune, and Skarmory.</p>

[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]

<p>Because TrickScarf Starmie is undoubtedly one of the best Rapid Spinners, it can find a spot on both offensive and defensive teams. With Stealth Rock off the field Salamence and Gyarados have a much easier time setting up Dragon Dance. On the other hand, Pokemon such as Blissey can worry less about Spikes and Toxic Spikes being in play, both of which greatly hinder her ability to wall effectively.</p>

<p>TrickScarf Starmie doesn't fare too well against Roserade and Tyranitar, as many lead Tyranitar often carry Pursuit and Starmie's best bet against Roserade is to Trick its Choice Scarf to steal a Focus Sash in order to survive Roserade's Leaf Storm. However, despite being forced out, this still ensures that entry hazards are not set up on the field early-game, and Starmie generally wins against Roserade should it use any other move. Teams that run Choice Scarf Tyranitar can often be tempted to switch into Starmie when it is out against their lead. Should Starmie Trick while the opponent switches into Choice Scarf Tyranitar, then Starmie loses instantly as it is locked into Trick and about to face a Pursuit. Generally, a Pokemon such as Swampert or Jirachi who can either lay Stealth Rock on the field and threaten Tyranitar pair well with TrickScarf Starmie. Roserade leads are handled by Choice Scarf Jirachi fairly well, as it can come in on a Leaf Storm and use Iron Head to force it out through flinch hax. Nonetheless, TrickScarf Starmie is an unexpected and very useful lead for teams looking to prevent entry hazards from being set up, or even removing entry hazards once they've been set.</p>

Hello C&C, it's Plus :). This is a set I have been using for nearly a year, and it's been my favorite lead to use by far. Some people who know me might have seen me use this set, or can vouch for its effectiveness as well.

analysis

[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]

<p>TrickScarf Starmie is an effective and surprising anti-lead that cripples many opposing leads and their switch-ins relatively fast, as well as keeping entry hazards off the field via Rapid Spin. Hydro Pump is preferred over Surf for the chance to 2HKO Metagross and Jirachi leads, while Trick is for crippling the numerous suicide leads in OU, such as Aerodactyl and Azelf. Rapid Spin is essentially the crux of the set, as TrickScarf Starmie is best used to keep entry hazards away from your side of the field.</p>

<p>While outspeeding common leads such as Metagross, Infernape, and Azelf, Starmie can Trick its Choice Scarf during their Stealth Rock set-up to lock them into using that, in which you proceed to Rapid Spin on the switch in. Choice Scarf Starmie also outspeeds some common Choice Scarfed leads in the metagame and hits them relatively hard, namely Breloom and Jirachi, the former who would be OHKOed by Ice Beam, while the latter taking roughly 50% damage from Hydro Pump. For the more defensive leads such as Hippowdon and Forretress who are more inclined to switch to a specially defensive Pokemon like Blissey, Starmie will almost always Trick a Choice Scarf on vital components of stall teams.</p>

[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]

<p>Although Starmie may have its advantages Tricking its Choice Scarf onto many leads early-game, sometimes it is best to save the Choice Scarf late-game, as Starmie makes an extremely effective revenge killer to Pokemon such as Dragon Dance Salamence, Agility Metagross, and Choice Scarf Flygon. Thunderbolt is an option over Ice Beam for revenge killing Dragon Dance Gyarados, as well as hitting certain Pokemon harder, namely Vaporeon, Suicune, and Skarmory.</p>

<p>Because TrickScarf Starmie is undoubtedly one of the best Rapid Spinners in a rather limited pool of Rapid Spinners, it can find its spot on both offensive and defensive teams alike. Salamence and Gyarados are given much leeway in setting up Dragon Dance without worrying of Stealth Rock on the field. On the other hand, Pokemon such as Blissey can worry less about Spikes and Toxic Spikes, both of which greatly hinder her abilities to wall.</p>

<p>TrickScarf Starmie doesn't fare too well with Roserade and Tyranitar as it does with other leads, as many lead Tyranitar often carry Pursuit, while Starmie's best bet against Roserade is to Trick its Choice Scarf to steal a Focus Sash in order to survive its Leaf Storm. However, this still ensures that entry hazards are not set up on the field early-game, and Starmie generally wins out against Roserade should it use any other move. Teams that run Choice Scarf Tyranitar can often be tempted to switch into Starmie when it is out against their lead. Should Starmie Trick while the opponent switches into Choice Scarf Tyranitar, then Starmie loses instantly as it is locked into Trick and about to face a Pursuit. Generally, a Pokemon such as Swampert or Jirachi who can either lay Stealth Rock on the field and threaten Tyranitar pair well with TrickScarf Starmie. Roserade leads are handled by Choice Scarf Jirachi fairly well, as it can come in on Leaf Storm and use Iron Head to force it out through flinch hax. Nonetheless, TrickScarf Starmie is an unexpected and very useful lead for teams looking to prevent entry hazards from being set up.</p>
Hi Plus! Welcome to C&C! Great work on your first set, and I completely agree with this addition to Starmie's analysis. I've used it with great success and it does its job very well.

Good job!

having battled you using this many times, i can confirm that this is a good set

analysis

[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]

<p>TrickScarf Starmie is an effective and surprising anti-lead that cripples many opposing leads and their switch-ins relatively quickly, as well as keeping entry hazards off the field via Rapid Spin. Hydro Pump is preferred over Surf for the chance to 2HKO Metagross and Jirachi leads, while Trick is for crippling the numerous suicide leads in OU, such as Aerodactyl (why wouldn't you just kill it?) and Azelf (same, to a lesser extent). Rapid Spin is essentially the crux of the set, as TrickScarf Starmie is best used to keep entry hazards away from you.</p>

<p>While outspeeding the common leads such as Metagross, Infernape, and Azelf, Starmie can Trick its Choice Scarf during a Stealth Rock set-up to lock the opponent into using that, after which this set proceeds to Rapid Spin on the switch <removed word>. Choice Scarf Starmie also outspeeds some common Choice Scarfed leads in the metagame and hits them relatively hard, namely Breloom and Jirachi, the former who would be OHKOed by an Ice Beam, the latter taking roughly 50% damage from Hydro Pump. For the more defensive leads such as Hippowdon and Forretress who are more inclined to switch to a specially defensive Pokemon like Blissey, Starmie will almost always Trick a Choice Scarf onto a vital component of a stall team.</p>

[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]

<p>Although Starmie may have its advantages Tricking Choice Scarf onto many leads early-game, sometimes it is best to save the Choice Scarf for(/until) the late-game, as Starmie makes an extremely effective revenge killer to Pokemon such as Dragon Dance Salamence, Agility Metagross, and Choice Scarf Flygon. Thunderbolt is an option over Ice Beam for revenge killing Dragon Dance Gyarados, as well as hitting certain Pokemon harder, namely Vaporeon, Suicune, and Skarmory.</p>

<p>Because TrickScarf Starmie is undoubtedly one of the best Rapid Spinners from a rather limited selection, it can find its spot on both offensive and defensive teams alike. Salamence and Gyarados are given much leeway in setting up Dragon Dance without worrying of Stealth Rock on the field. On the other hand, Pokemon such as Blissey can worry less about Spikes and Toxic Spikes, both of which greatly hinder her ability to wall.</p>

<p>TrickScarf Starmie doesn't fare too well with Roserade and Tyranitar as it does with other leads, as many lead Tyranitar often carry Pursuit, while Starmie's best bet against Roserade is to Trick the Choice Scarf to steal a Focus Sash in order to survive its Leaf Storm. However, this still ensures that entry hazards are not put on the field early-game, and Starmie generally wins out against Roserade if it should use any other move. Teams that run Choice Scarf Tyranitar can often be tempted to switch to it when TrickScarf Starmie is out against their lead. Should Starmie Trick while the opponent switches into Choice Scarf Tyranitar, then Starmie loses instantly as it is locked into Trick and about to face a Pursuit. Generally, a Pokemon such as Swampert <removed "who"> or Jirachi, who can both lay Stealth Rock on the field and threaten Tyranitar out, pair well with TrickScarf Starmie. Roserade leads are handled by Scarf Jirachi fairly well, as it can come in on Leaf Storm and use Iron Head to force it out through flinch hax. Nonetheless, (this word doesn't really fit. maybe "overall" ?) TrickScarf Starmie is an unexpected and very useful lead for teams looking to prevent entry hazards from being set up.</p>
fuck you fuzznip i was supposed to be first >:(

Plus

中国风暴 trademark
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Well thanks for the quick edits guys :).

Umbreon Dan: Concerning Azelf and Aerodactyl, you would Trick the scarf first before killing it off twice with Hydro Pump because once you Hydro Pump, they will instantly know that it is scarfed and will proceed to switch into something to threaten Starmie out, while Starmie fails to get the spin in right away and would be forced to switch out later. By Tricking those two, you get to lock them into Stealth Rock and force them out instead, and you effectively cripple those two leads for the remainder of the game. You can even use those leads as set up fodder for sweepers if the opponent is still so assed to set up rocks after that.

Sorry it's late guys and I'm sleepy and all ~_~. I'll try to respond more to you guys tomorrow

red-omit
black-changes/additions
blue-reasons

analysis

[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]

<p>TrickScarf Starmie is an effective and surprising anti-lead that cripples many opposing leads and their switch-ins relatively quickly, as well as keeping entry hazards off the field via Rapid Spin. Hydro Pump is preferred over Surf for the chance to 2HKO Metagross and Jirachi leads, while Trick is for crippling the numerous suicide leads in OU, such as Aerodactyl and Azelf. Rapid Spin is essentially the crux of the set, as TrickScarf Starmie is best used to keep entry hazards away from your side of the field.</p>

<p>With the ability to outspeed common leads such as Metagross, Infernape, and Azelf, Starmie can Trick its Choice Scarf during their Stealth Rock set-up, consequently getting locked into using that move. After which, you proceed to Rapid Spin on the predicted switch. Choice Scarf Starmie also outspeeds some common Choice Scarfed leads in the metagame and hits them relatively hard, namely Breloom and Jirachi, the former who would be OHKOed by Ice Beam, the latter taking roughly 50% damage from Hydro Pump. For the more defensive leads such as Hippowdon and Forretress who are more inclined to switch to a specially defensive Pokemon like Blissey, Starmie will almost always Trick a Choice Scarf onto a vital component of a stall team.</p>

[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]

<p>Although Starmie has its advantages Tricking its Choice Scarf onto many leads early-game, sometimes it is best to save the Choice Scarf for the late-game, as Starmie makes an extremely effective revenge killer to Pokemon such as Dragon Dance Salamence, Agility Metagross, and Choice Scarf Flygon. Thunderbolt is an option over Ice Beam for revenge killing Dragon Dance Gyarados, as well as hitting certain Pokemon harder, namely Vaporeon, Suicune, and Skarmory.</p>

<p>Because TrickScarf Starmie is undoubtedly one of the best Rapid Spinners from a rather limited selection, it can find its spot on both offensive and defensive teams alike. Salamence and Gyarados are given much leeway in setting up Dragon Dance without worrying of Stealth Rock on the field. On the other hand, Pokemon such as Blissey can worry less about Spikes and Toxic Spikes, both of which greatly hinder its ability to wall.</p>

<p>TrickScarf Starmie doesn't fare too well with Roserade and Tyranitar as it does with other leads, as many lead Tyranitar often carry Pursuit, while Starmie's best bet against Roserade is to Trick its Choice Scarf to steal a Focus Sash in order to survive its Leaf Storm. However, this still ensures that entry hazards are not set up on the field early-game, and Starmie generally wins out against Roserade should it use any other move. Teams that run Choice Scarf Tyranitar can often be tempted to switch into Starmie when it is out against their lead. Should Starmie Trick while the opponent switches into Choice Scarf Tyranitar, then Starmie loses instantly as it is locked into Trick and about to face a Pursuit. Generally, a Pokemon such as Swampert or Jirachi who can either lay Stealth Rock on the field and threaten Tyranitar pair well with TrickScarf Starmie. Roserade leads are handled by Choice Scarf Jirachi fairly well, as it can come in on Leaf Storm and use Iron Head to force it out through flinch hax. Overall, TrickScarf Starmie is an unexpected and very useful lead for teams looking to prevent entry hazards from being set up.</p>
Great analysis. I found myself reading it throughout because i barely found any grammatical errors.

Seven Deadly Sins

~hallelujah~
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
While that first sentence needs some work, that's definitely not the way to do it. Try this:

By Tricking its Choice Scarf onto slower leads such as Metagross, Swampert, and Azelf, Choice Scarf Starmie can easily Rapid Spin away the opponent's Stealth Rock while they are locked in. Choice Scarf Starmie also outspeeds some common Choice Scarfed leads in the metagame: Breloom is OHKOed by Ice Beam, while Jirachi is comfortably 2HKOed by Hydro Pump.

Snorlaxe

2 kawaii 4 u
is a Top Contributor Alumnus
[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]

<p>TrickScarf Starmie is an effective and surprising anti-lead who [Pokemon are considered people] cripples many opposing leads and their switch-ins relatively quickly, as well as keeping entry hazards off the field via Rapid Spin. Hydro Pump is preferred over Surf for the chance to 2HKO Metagross and Jirachi leads, while Trick is for crippling the numerous suicide leads in OU, such as Aerodactyl and Azelf. Rapid Spin is essentially the crux of the set, as TrickScarf Starmie is best used to keep entry hazards off of your side of the field.</p>

<p>While outspeeding the common leads such as Metagross, Infernape, and Azelf, Starmie can Trick its Choice Scarf during their Stealth Rock set-up to lock them into using that, in which you proceed to Rapid Spin on the switch. Choice Scarf Starmie also outspeeds some common Choice Scarfed leads in the metagame and hits them relatively hard, namely Breloom and Jirachi, the former who would be OHKOed by Ice Beam, the latter taking roughly 50% damage from Hydro Pump. For the more defensive leads such as Hippowdon and Forretress who are more inclined to switch to a specially defensive Pokemon like Blissey, Starmie will almost always Trick a Choice Scarf onto a vital component of a stall team.</p>

[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]

<p>Although Starmie may have its advantages Tricking its Choice Scarf onto many leads early-game, sometimes it is best to save the Choice Scarf for the late-game, as Starmie makes an extremely effective revenge killer to Pokemon such as Dragon Dance Salamence, Agility Metagross, and Choice Scarf Flygon. Thunderbolt is an option over Ice Beam for revenge killing Dragon Dance Gyarados, as well as hitting certain Pokemon harder, namely Vaporeon, Suicune, and Skarmory.</p>

<p>Because TrickScarf Starmie is undoubtedly one of the best Rapid Spinners from a rather limited selection, it can find its spot on both offensive and defensive teams alike. Salamence and Gyarados are given much leeway in setting up Dragon Dance without worrying about Stealth Rock on the field. On the other hand, Pokemon such as Blissey can worry less about Spikes and Toxic Spikes, both of which greatly hinder her ability to wall.</p>

<p>TrickScarf Starmie doesn't fare too well against Roserade and Tyranitar as it does against other leads, as many lead Tyranitar often carry Pursuit, while Starmie's best bet against Roserade is to Trick its Choice Scarf to steal a Focus Sash in order to survive its Leaf Storm. However, this still ensures that entry hazards are not set up on the field early-game, and Starmie generally wins against Roserade should it use any other move. Teams that run Choice Scarf Tyranitar can often be tempted to switch into Starmie when it is out against their lead. Should Starmie Trick while the opponent switches into Choice Scarf Tyranitar, then Starmie loses instantly as it is locked into Trick and about to face a Pursuit. Generally, a Pokemon such as Swampert or Jirachi who can either lay Stealth Rock on the field and threaten Tyranitar pair well with TrickScarf Starmie. Roserade leads are handled by Choice Scarf Jirachi fairly well, as it can come in on Leaf Storm and use Iron Head to force it out through flinch hax. Nonetheless, TrickScarf Starmie is an unexpected and very useful lead for teams looking to prevent entry hazards from being set up.</p>

Plus

中国风暴 trademark
Edited, thanks everyone, especially SDS. That first sentece was kinda bugging me myself, thanks for the fix.

Flora

Yep, that tasted purple!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
<p>By Tricking its Choice Scarf onto slower leads such as Metagross, Swampert, and Azelf, Choice Scarf Starmie can easily Rapid Spin away the opponent's Stealth Rock while it is locked in. Choice Scarf Starmie also outspeeds some common Choice Scarfed leads in the metagame: Breloom is OHKOed by Ice Beam, while Jirachi is comfortably 2HKOed by Hydro Pump (I think you may want to remove this part; you repeat this the next paragraph like you never said this before so perhaps you might just want to be brief in this first paragraph).</p>

<p>While outspeeding the common leads such as Metagross, Infernape, and Azelf, Starmie can Trick its Choice Scarf during their Stealth Rock set-up to lock them into using that, in which you proceed to Rapid Spin on the switch. Choice Scarf Starmie also outspeeds some common Choice Scarfed leads in the metagame and hits them relatively hard, namely Breloom and Jirachi, the former being OHKOed by Ice Beam, (remove comma) and the latter taking roughly 50% damage from Hydro Pump. For the more defensive leads such as Hippowdon and Forretress who are more inclined to switch to a specially-defensive Pokemon like Blissey, Starmie will almost always Trick a Choice Scarf onto a vital component of a stall team.</p>

<p>Although Starmie may have its advantages Tricking its Choice Scarf onto many leads early-game, sometimes it is best to save the Choice Scarf for the (remove) late-game, as Starmie makes an extremely (remove) effective revenge killer to Pokemon such as Dragon Dance Salamence, Agility Metagross, and Choice Scarf Flygon. Thunderbolt is an option over Ice Beam for revenge killing Dragon Dance Gyarados, as well as hitting certain Pokemon harder, namely Vaporeon, Suicune, and Skarmory.</p>
(space just for easier reading)
<p>Because TrickScarf Starmie is undoubtedly one of the best Rapid Spinners from a rather limited selection, it can find its spot on both offensive and defensive teams alike. Salamence and Gyarados are given much leeway (re-word this... what is it?) in setting up Dragon Dance without worrying about Stealth Rock on the field. On the other hand, Pokemon such as Blissey can worry less about Spikes and Toxic Spikes, both of which greatly hinder her ability to wall.</p>

<p>TrickScarf Starmie doesn't fare too well against Roserade and Tyranitar as it does against other leads, as many lead Tyranitar often carry Pursuit, while Starmie's best bet against Roserade is to Trick its Choice Scarf to steal a Focus Sash in order to survive its Leaf Storm. However, this still ensures that entry hazards are not set up on the field early-game, and Starmie generally wins against Roserade should it use any other move. Teams that run Choice Scarf Tyranitar can often be tempted to switch into Starmie when it is out against their lead. Should Starmie Trick while the opponent switches into Choice Scarf Tyranitar, then Starmie loses instantly as it is locked into Trick and about to face a Pursuit. Generally, a Pokemon such as Swampert or Jirachi who can either lay Stealth Rock on the field and threaten Tyranitar pair well with TrickScarf Starmie. Roserade leads are handled by Choice Scarf Jirachi fairly well, as it can come in on a Leaf Storm and use Iron Head to force it out through flinch hax. Nonetheless, TrickScarf Starmie is an unexpected and very useful lead for teams looking to prevent entry hazards from being set up.</p

Nice set!

SoT

I leave and they change my avatar to this?
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]

<p>By Tricking its Choice Scarf onto slower leads such as Metagross, Swampert, and Azelf, Choice Scarf Starmie can easily Rapid Spin away the opponent's Stealth Rock while the foe is locked in to a single move. With Starmie outspeeding common leads such as Metagross, Infernape, and Azelf, Starmie can Trick its Choice Scarf during their Stealth Rock set-up to lock them into using that, while you proceed to Rapid Spin on the switch. Choice Scarf Starmie also outspeeds some other commonChoice Scarfed leads and hits them relatively hard, namely Breloom and Jirachi, the former being OHKOed by Ice Beam and the latter taking roughly 50% damage from Hydro Pump. For the more defensive leads such as Hippowdon and Forretress who are more inclined to switch to a specially-defensive Pokemon such as Blissey, Starmie will almost always Trick a Choice Scarf onto a vital component of a stall team.</p>

<p>Although Starmie may have its advantages Tricking its Choice Scarf onto many leads early-game, sometimes it is best to save the Choice Scarf for the late-game, as Starmie makes an effective revenge killer to Pokemon such as Dragon Dance Salamence, Agility Metagross and Choice Scarf Flygon. Thunderbolt is an option over Ice Beam for revenge killing Dragon Dance Gyarados, as well as hitting certain Pokemon harder, such as Vaporeon, Suicune and Skarmory.</p>

<p>Because TrickScarf Starmie is undoubtedly one of the best Rapid Spinners from the rather limited selection, it can find its spot on both offensive and defensive teams. Salamence and Gyarados are given much leeway in setting up Dragon Dance without worrying about Stealth Rock on the field. On the other hand, Pokemon such as Blissey can worry less about Spikes and Toxic Spikes being in play, both of which greatly hinder her ability to wall effectively.</p>

<p>TrickScarf Starmie doesn't fare too well against Roserade and Tyranitar as it does against other leads, as many lead Tyranitar often carry Pursuit, while Starmie's best bet against Roserade is to Trick its Choice Scarf to steal a Focus Sash in order to survive its Leaf Storm. However, despite the loss, this still ensures that entry hazards are not set up on the field early-game, and Starmie generally wins against Roserade should it use any other move. Teams that run Choice Scarf Tyranitar can often be tempted to switch into Starmie when it is out against their lead. Should Starmie Trick while the opponent switches into Choice Scarf Tyranitar, then Starmie loses instantly as it is locked into Trick and about to face a Pursuit. Generally, a Pokemon such as Swampert or Jirachi who can either lay Stealth Rock on the field and threaten Tyranitar pair well with TrickScarf Starmie. Roserade leads are handled by Choice Scarf Jirachi fairly well, as it can come in on a Leaf Storm and use Iron Head to force it out through flinch hax. Nonetheless, TrickScarf Starmie is an unexpected and very useful lead for teams looking to prevent entry hazards from being set up, or even removing entry hazards once they've been set.</p>

few changes here and there, it was well written just some minor nitpicks. Ignore my comments on the oxford comma, apparently we use them!!

Thought I might give this a second proofread.

[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]

<p>By Tricking its Choice Scarf onto slower leads such as Metagross, Swampert, and Azelf, Choice Scarf Starmie can easily Rapid Spin away the opponent's Stealth Rock while the foe is locked into using it again [Remove all of this. The following sentence pretty much says what you're saying right now]. With Starmie outspeeding common leads such as Metagross, Infernape, and Azelf, it can Trick its Choice Scarf during their Stealth Rock set-up to lock them into using that, while you proceed to Rapid Spin on the switch. Choice Scarf Starmie also outspeeds some other common Choice Scarfed leads and hits them relatively hard, namely Breloom and Jirachi, the former being OHKOed by Ice Beam and the latter taking roughly 50% damage from Hydro Pump. For the more defensive leads such as Hippowdon and Forretress who are more inclined to switch to a specially-defensive Pokemon such as Blissey, Starmie will almost always Trick a Choice Scarf onto a vital component of a stall team.</p>

<p>Although Starmie may have its advantages Tricking its Choice Scarf onto a lead early-game, sometimes it is best to save the Choice Scarf for late-game, as Starmie makes an effective revenge killer to Pokemon such as Dragon Dance Salamence, Agility Metagross, and Choice Scarf Flygon. Thunderbolt is an option over Ice Beam for revenge killing Dragon Dance Gyarados, as well as hitting certain Pokemon harder, such as Vaporeon, Suicune, and Skarmory.</p>

<p>Because TrickScarf Starmie is undoubtedly one of the best Rapid Spinners from the rather limited selection, it can find its spot on both offensive and defensive teams. Salamence and Gyarados are given much leeway in setting up Dragon Dance without worrying about Stealth Rock on the field. On the other hand, Pokemon such as Blissey can worry less about Spikes and Toxic Spikes being in play, both of which greatly hinder her ability to wall effectively.</p>

<p>TrickScarf Starmie doesn't fare too well against Roserade and Tyranitar, as many lead Tyranitar often carry Pursuit and Starmie's best bet against Roserade is to Trick its Choice Scarf to steal a Focus Sash in order to survive Roserade's Leaf Storm. However, despite the loss, this still ensures that entry hazards are not set up on the field early-game, and Starmie generally wins against Roserade should it use any other move. Teams that run Choice Scarf Tyranitar can often be tempted to switch into Starmie when it is out against their lead. Should Starmie Trick while the opponent switches into Choice Scarf Tyranitar, then Starmie loses instantly as it is locked into Trick and about to face a Pursuit. Generally, a Pokemon such as Swampert or Jirachi who can either lay Stealth Rock on the field and threaten Tyranitar pair well with TrickScarf Starmie. Roserade leads are handled by Choice Scarf Jirachi fairly well, as it can come in on a Leaf Storm and use Iron Head to force it out through flinch hax. Nonetheless, TrickScarf Starmie is an unexpected and very useful lead for teams looking to prevent entry hazards from being set up, or even removing entry hazards once they've been set.</p>
Nice. :)

Colonel M

I COULD BE BORED!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Well since I'm put under a rather absurd process...

...This is uploaded by the way. Moving to the Archives.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)