1. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.
  2. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!

Starship and Friends!(UPDATED)

Discussion in 'BW Other Teams' started by XenoBlade911, Aug 9, 2013.

?

What RMT tier you want next?

Poll closed Aug 13, 2013.
  1. UU

2 vote(s)
    20.0%
  2. NU

1 vote(s)
    10.0%
  3. LC again

3 vote(s)
    30.0%
  4. OU

1 vote(s)
    10.0%
  5. RU

2 vote(s)
    20.0%
  6. Ubers

1 vote(s)
    10.0%
  7. Tier Shift

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. XenoBlade911

XenoBlade911

Hey ladies and gentleman,my name is Xenoblade911 but you can call me John if you want.
    This is my 2nd RMT I make on smogon,and its related to my 2nd favorite tier:LC
    So as always hope you guys like it and I did quite well with it!

[​IMG]

Warstar (Staryu) @ Eviolite
    Trait: Natural Cure
    Level: 5
    Shiny: Yes
    EVs: 236 Def / 236 SDef / 36 HP
    Calm Nature
    - Scald
    - Recover
    - Rapid Spin
    - Ice Beam

This guy is basically the poke I based this team around.Its really speedy and has good bulk and can Rapid Spin.So i made it a fully defensive set with Scald because burns are always nice to get against opposing pokemon,recover for reliable recovery.

Staryu is also what I use to check Archen which is a pain.And its also my main status absorber because I can just switch it out if it gets statused.Overall very good pokemon.

[​IMG]

Jade (Lileep) @ Eviolite (CHANGED) Suggested by The Unlucky One
    Trait: Storm Drain
    EVs: 220 HP / 220 Def / 68 SDef
    Bold Nature
    - Stealth Rock
    - Giga Drain
    - Recover
    - Toxic

Lileep is one of my the best,if not the best,defensive pokeon in the LC tier.this guy can check entire sand teams quite well.You're probably wandering,why Lileep if you are no running sand,well Lileep is my dedicated Stealth Rocker and Physical Wall.The set is pretty standard,stealth rock to support,Giga Drain for some damage and to prevent being Taunt Bait,Recover for reliable healing,Toxic to cripple walls like opposing Lileep,Frillish,Hippopotas and set-up sweepers.

Very good pokemon,better than bronzor in my opinion.

[​IMG]

Homeless (Tirtouga) @ Eviolite (CHANGED)Suggested by Kingler12345
    Trait: Solid Rock
    EVs: 4 HP / 212 Atk / 116 Def / 76 SDef / 100 Spd
    Adamant Nature
    - Shell Smash
    - Waterfall
    - Aqua Jet
    - Stone Edge

Tirtouga is in my opinion the best Shell Smasher,it can take a hit unlike Dwebble,and I have pulled more sweeps with this guy than with Dwebble.The EV spread might be a little odd but it actually works incredibly well.Water/Rock gives me opportunity to take special hits if the opponent has sand up.The set is Shell Smash,to double Attack,Special Attack and Speed,its nice because Tirtouga has a rather lackluster speed and very solid attack stat,Waterfall for a good STAB,Aqua Jet to pick off weakened Pokemon and Stone Miss Edge to hit Flying Types.Now 2 water moves doesnt seem very good but it works quite well.

[​IMG]

Volcarona Wannabe (Larvesta) (F) @ Eviolite (CHANGED) Suggested by The Unlucky One
    Trait: Flame Body
    EVs: 236 Atk / 36 Def / 236 SDef
    Adamant Nature
    - U-turn
    - Flare Blitz
    - Wild Charge
    - Morning Sun

Now I really don't get this.Larvesta is a solid physical attacker and when it evolves its a fucking beast with 140 base SAtk.But I'm going a bit off topic.Larvesta is a good U-Turner because it gets STAB on U-Turn to get momentum going on.The set is quite standard with U-Turn and Flare Blitz for STAB.Wild Charge to hit Water types/Electric Types for SE damage and Morning Sun to get recovery if Im getting low on HP,and Larvesta has a nice ability in Flame Body,as burning physical sweepers is very nice since I render them useless.

Overall very good Momentum pokemon and of course I have Rapid Spin support in Staryu so it doesn't get demolished by Stealth Rocks.

[​IMG]

Foo Hoo! (Mienfoo) @ Life Orb
    Trait: Regenerator
    EVs: 236 Atk / 196 SDef / 76 Def
    Adamant Nature
    - Fake Out
    - Drain Punch
    - U-turn
    - Stone Edge

Mienfoo is great.One of my favorite pokemon in LC.Very viable,very quick,very powerful.The set Im using its pretty standard.Fake Out for decent damage and Flinch,Drain Punch not Hi Jump Kick cause' I dislike Hi Jump Kick,U Turn to gain momentum and get out of sticky situations and Stone Miss Edge to deal with Flying Types and Fire Types.U Turn has also good synergy with Regenerator and with Life Orb.

Overall,very solid pokemon,I always enjoy using it and it does vey well.

[​IMG]

Maiden (Misdreavus) (F) @ Eviolite
    Trait: Levitate
    EVs: 236 Spd / 236 SAtk / 36 SDef
    Timid Nature
    - Substitute
    - Calm Mind
    - Shadow Ball
    - Hidden Power [Fighting]

Last,but not least my spin blocker,and in my opinion the best pokemon of the tier,Misdreavus.If you dont get the name reference,its from the Pokemon Episode Ghost of Maiden's Peak.The set Im using its SubCM which is way better than SubNP.The attacks are Shadow Ball for STAB and HP Fighting to deal with Lileep,Porygon,and Normal Types in general.Misdreavus is a very cool pokemon and it should always be considered.

So thats the team for you guys.As always if you have suggestions just put them on the reply section below.So that's it for my part,hope you guys liked the team.Have a Nice day! Until next time! Peace! PS:Feel free to vote!
    :D

Importable ;)
    Code:
    Warstar (Staryu) @ Eviolite
    Trait: Natural Cure
    EVs: 236 Def / 236 SDef / 36 HP
    Bold Nature
    IVs: null Atk
    - Scald
    - Recover
    - Rapid Spin
    - Ice Beam

Jade (Lileep) @ Eviolite (CHANGED)
    Trait: Storm Drain
    EVs: 220 SDef / 220 Def / 68 HP
    Calm Nature
    - Stealth Rock
    - Giga Drain
    - Recover
    - Toxic

Shelly (Tirtouga) @ Eviolite (CHANGED)
    Trait: Solid Rock
    EVs: 4 HP / 212 Atk / 116 Def / 76 SDef / 100 Spd
    Adamant Nature
    - Shell Smash
    - Waterfall
    - Aqua Jet
    - Stone Edge

Volcarona Wannabe (Larvesta) (F) @ Eviolite (CHANGED)
    Trait: Flame Body
    EVs: 236 Atk / 236 SDef / 36 Def
    Adamant Nature
    - U-turn
    - Flare Blitz
    - Wild Charge
    - Morning Sun

Foo Hoo! (Mienfoo) @ Life Orb
    Trait: Regenerator
    EVs: 236 Atk / 196 SDef / 76 Def
    Adamant Nature
    - Fake Out
    - Drain Punch
    - U-turn
    - Stone Edge

Maiden (Misdreavus) (F) @ Eviolite
    Trait: Levitate
    EVs: 236 Spd / 236 SAtk / 36 SDef
    Timid Nature
    - Substitute
    - Calm Mind
    - Shadow Ball
    - Hidden Power [Fighting]
    Last edited: Aug 11, 2013
    scotti likes this.
  2. XenoBlade911

XenoBlade911

Really,no one plays LC anymore D:
  3. GlassGlaceon

GlassGlaceon

I play LC anymore. It would help if you had a threatlist, bcuz I could see what sets could do better with said pkmn. But overall, a solid looking team
  4. The Unlucky one

The Unlucky one

Hey man, nice to see some new LCers get in this. Your team looks pretty weak to tyipcal Murkrow/Snover/Drilbur teams, accompanied by your usual LC mons. Although you do have a check or two for most of these mons individually, your matchup against common LC cores like NP Misdreavus/Shell Smash Tirtouga and Drilbur/Snover/Mienfoo/Murkrow is pretty bad. For that reason, I think you should Replace Hondour with Eviolite Larvesta which helps you deal with annoying mienfoo's running around while having spin support from staryu. You lose some offensive presence and a matchup to misdreavus so you can probably wear Misdreavus down. If you still feel unsafe though, you can run a SubPayback Mienfoo over your current one, which lets it deal with Misdreavus and give more opportunities for Dwebble to sweep. Lastly, SS Tirtouga is quite a problem, so Lileep or Shroomish can fit over the spot of Bronzor on your team(probably Lileep) Alright so there ya have it, play more LC.

@Below: Well I guess you aren't new to LC like i thought, i meant new smogon LC blood
  5. XenoBlade911

XenoBlade911

After doing testing for about an hour the Larvesta and the Lileep are doing great.Thx for the advice my friend,appreciate it.About the mienfoo I really didnt the set that much but thanks anyway.

:D

Also Im not new to LC. :P
  6. XenoBlade911

XenoBlade911

After testing for a few hours,Tirtouga can take a hit unlike Dwebble.So I decided to change Dweeble to a Bulky SS Tirtouga.Thank for the suggestion,my friend. :D
  7. XenoBlade911

XenoBlade911

Thanks everyone 4 the suggestions,I tested all of them! :D

More suggestions are always welcome!

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)