Starter Overload - Round 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Valmanway

My jimmies remain unrustled
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
In this tournament, you're only allowed to use Pokemon that were starters in Pokemon games, which includes the evolutions of said Pokemon. However, this isn't just limited to the mainstream series, and also includes spin-offs. For reference, here is a list of Pokemon that were starters in Pokemon games, as well as listing which spin-off a Pokemon was a starter in.
Bulbasaur
Charmander
Squirtle
Rattata (Pokemon Rumble)
Pikachu
Vulpix (Mystery Dungeon)
Meowth (Mystery Dungeon)
Psyduck (Mystery Dungeon)
Growlithe (Mystery Dungeon Wii)
Machop (Mystery Dungeon)
Cubone (Mystery Dungeon)
Eevee (Mystery Dungeon / Colosseum / XD)
Chikorita
Cyndaquil
Totodile
Togepi (Mystery Dungeon Wii)
Mareep (Mystery Dungeon Wii)
Elekid (Mystery Dungeon Wii)
Wooper (Mystery Dungeon Wii)
Teddiursa (XD (Was Mandatory To Catch))
Phanpy (Mystery Dungeon)
Treecko
Mudkip
Azurill (Mystery Dungeon Wii)
Skitty (Mystery Dungeon)
Plusle (Pokemon Ranger)
Minun (Pokemon Ranger)
Turtwig
Chimchar
Piplup
Pachirisu (Mystery Dungeon Wii)
Buneary (Mystery Dungeon Wii)
Munchlax (Mystery Dungeon)
Riolu (Mystery Dungeon)
Snivy
Tepig
Oshawott
Axew (Mystery Dungeon 3DS)
Chespin
Fennekin

As for the banlist, there will be no Mega Stones in this tournament, since there are very few Pokemon here if any at all that can take on big threats such as Mega Charizard X and Y, Mega Venusaur, etc.... Additionally, Drought + Chlorophyll are not allowed on the same team, since I feel that Ninetales + Venusaur cores would be too powerful without this rule. Also, I'm aware that Staraptor and Wobbuffet are also candidates for this tournament, but I've chosen to exclude them, since there aren't that many threats that can take them on, and would likely be a centralizing force. Finally, this is a best of 1, standard ORAS OU tournament, so Greninja and Blaziken are banned.

The deadline is Friday, April 10th. VM your opponent asap so you can schedule for a good time and have your battles completed in a timely fashion. Please don't forget to record your match, as it makes it easier to confirm everything.

fleggumfl vs Disenchanted
Metaphysical vs Can-Eh-Dian
Megazard Z vs Fortune
GrimoireGod vs Mysteria
Edwardo M vs jacob
antemortem vs Alf'
SnowCristal! vs VirajVora
Leremyju vs f(x)
NotAGymLdr vs pepe g. (Next Round)
scotti vs Brick Small.
blarajan vs Haunted Diamond
Mael vs Christo The Gr8
TewMew vs Floushaide
Skywallker vs †Blade†
Darkdiglett vs pork chop man
shartruce2 vs Raseri
-Clone- vs Nineage
NicoReaper vs Damnosaur
Level 56 vs Cheek Pouch

Again, the deadline is Friday, April 10th. Have fun!

Last edited:

jake

underdog of the year
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
wait... there are only 19 pairings? how on earth does this tournament proceed from here? pair up 8 and give someone a bye? then you've got nine, so pair up four and give someone else a bye...? Valmanway

Okay, since shartruce2 and -Clone- were the only ones to post after my tagging post, they win by activity. Unfortunately, no one else responded to my post, so those that didn't respond have to disqualified. Round 2 will be posted soon.
even if they're not "keeping up to date" despite not actually being given an alert from your tags in the previous thread, you are going to have to pick winners from those pairings by activity from their VM walls or with a coinflip if no activity is shown / there is an even amount of activity. you can't decide that people who don't respond are ejected, especially if some actually went through and contacted opps to no response.

on top of that, even if people aren't actively checking the round 1 thread (as is unfortunately to be expected from Type B and C tournaments where people have to get off their lazy asses and build teams), someone from the pairing needs to go on if only to preserve an even amount of people in future rounds and make sure the tournament runs smoothly.

i mean, i was given the win by my opponent... and just because i neglected to read the Round 1 thread after being given the win is definitely not a reason to be disqualified haha

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)