1. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.
  2. Welcome to the Orange Islands! Please remember to read the rules. Come chat with us on our IRC channel and enjoy your stay!
  3. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!

Starting over your pokemon games...

Discussion in 'Orange Islands' started by DRADE, Feb 25, 2013.

?

Do you start over your games?

1. Yes

80 vote(s)
    69.6%
  2. No

35 vote(s)
    30.4%
  1. DRADE

DRADE

Hey guys, this is just a quick thread to see if anybody else decides to simply start over their pokemon games to have another playthough with different pokemon or if they keep their saved games forever

A simple vote or commented would be awesome
  2. Dre89

Dre89

I start over all the time.

I always play the games with different intentions (eg. monotype, solo, nuzlocke etc.)
  3. Cobraroll

Cobraroll
    is a Community Contributor

I never restart saves. I play pretty slowly, getting somewhat attached to my team and my progress. I don't want to start over, even though I know how lovely the first few steps of the game always feel.
  4. cant say

cant say

I love playing through multiple times, but I always trade my worthy pokemon over to another game so I don't lose them forever. With this I find myself replaying older games more because it's easier to transfer them up from gen 3-4 and 4-5 rather than trade for Pidgeys over and over. So I'm yet to replay BW as I haven't bothered to move all my companions over to BW2, but after my second playthrough I'll probably do it a lot more!
  5. DHR-107

DHR-107 Robot from the Future
    is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Pokemon Researcher

I tend to buy both games and keep one for everything and replay the other with lots of different teams.

Makes the most sense for me because I hate loosing Pokemon, but having a storage game is great. I wish there was another storage game like Ranch that had less restrictions on trading to different cartridges and the like.
  6. TM13IceBeam

TM13IceBeam

I used to restart PTs, but not anymore after it turns out that the DS games are a bunch of bitches and want you to delete save files first -.-"
  7. voltianqueen

voltianqueen

I don't start my games over, since I always get attached to my first file. I stopped buying both versions starting with Sapphire, so I don't have an extra game to restart, but I don't really care since I never really have a desire to.
  8. Darknesscrusher

Darknesscrusher

I do restart them, just to do scrambles and all that kind of stuff.
  9. cantab

cantab

I only restart if I can first remove at least all the important Pokemon, if not the whole lot. My veterans will always have a home on my cartridges.
  10. Celever

Celever

This was funny, my diamond was deleting the data as I clicked on this! xD

Every time I find a new theme to play with; this time it is with possible light type pokemon. My plan is bronzor, shinx, turtwig and chimecho
  11. inanimate blob

inanimate blob

I restart my games like crazy...but I usually have one "anchor game" that I try to keep per generation that I trade good Pokèmon to. Like I'm Gen 3, it was my Sapphire, Gen 4 it was my Pearl, and Gen 5 has been my Black.
  12. PHANTOMxTRAINER

PHANTOMxTRAINER

It depends sometimes. If I feel I accomplished too much in the game, I won't restart it. However, if I feel like I got a bad start, then I will restart. Another however, I feel accomplished to almost anything positive so.. Not too much restarting here! ;P
  13. Zabel Zarock

Zabel Zarock

I can never do it.

I have too many pokemon I want to keep.

Emulation is a different story however.
  14. Dia

Dia

I have a quick question.
    If I send my Keldeo to the dream world, and then restart my file, can I get it back?
    On topic, yeah, all the time. I used to be unable to get event pokemon, so it wasn't a huge deal. Now that I have Keldeo, though, I won't until I can transfer it to another game or (if possible) send it to the DW and then get it back.
  15. Zabel Zarock

Zabel Zarock

I doubt it since it would probably require your original save file's trainer ID.

But don't take my word for it however as I don't know. I'm just making an educated guess.
  16. cant say

cant say

No it doesn't work that way, iirc all you information changes when you restart so you can't link it with your existing global link account which makes you start another.

Try the simple questions and answers thread next time for a quicker/better response
  17. Flareon

Flareon

I do these too.
  18. Flossie

Flossie

I don't restart a game if it has a much loved team on it, but sometimes I get a few gyms into a game and lose interest and will simply restart the game when I pick it up again months later.
  19. Geodude6

Geodude6

This is what I do.
  20. froggy25

froggy25

I restart RBY and GSC from time to time, just to replay these games casually / speedrunning / glitching them depending on my mood
  21. kaps

kaps

I used to all the time, sometimes right after beating the elite four. I always had the most fun playing through the story, and once I believed that was over I had no interest continuing (what's the point of having your 'pokemon friends' if there's nothing to do with them?) that was before I realized there was stuff to do afterwards though, and now I usually try to do some of that stuff before restarting. However, one game I'll never restart is my white version, as that currently has 637 pokemon in the pokedex and many more in the PC. If I want to start a new game on white ever I'll have to either buy an new one or borrow a friends

I also don't transfer my pokemon before restarting, simply because I remember all of the pokemon who didn't have a chance to be saved when I was younger and less caring and I feel that it wouldn't be fair ~
  22. MB Espeon

MB Espeon

I'd love to, but my complete pokédex with perfect trainer card!!!!!!etc.!

I like to have the collections as a record, although one of these days I want to get an extra third or opposite version of each that I'd use solely for replays. If I had the money to blow on it I'd do it.
  23. TyranitarTerror

TyranitarTerror

I do start my games over, though I do not do it much. I only do it to games that do not have anything significant in them. Then I make them awesome and give them serious significance
  24. Texas Cloverleaf

Texas Cloverleaf meh
    is a Forum Moderatoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Server Moderatoris a Contributor Alumnus

this basically

this too
  25. King Serperior

King Serperior

I ALWAYS restart 3-4/7 pokemon games that I have after transferring the successful team to one of the ones I won't restart on.

Just finished a Mono-Ground run of Platnium. Thinking of mono-Normal next.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)