Ability: Justified
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance / X-Scissor
- Aqua Jet
- Aqua Tail / X-Scissor
- Close Combat

So Shiny Pony becomes a very scary SD sweeper. Aqua Tail is probably preferred over X-Scissor because its dual STAB is really good, but X-Scissor has neat coverage.

Also Azu should always be Shiny because it's a direct buff (60 atk vs 50)

Pony!

Keldeo @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Aqua Jet
- Aqua Tail / X-Scissor
- Close Combat

So Shiny Pony becomes a very scary SD sweeper. Aqua Tail is probably preferred over X-Scissor because its dual STAB is really good, but X-Scissor has neat coverage.

you could say that Keldo having sword's dance is now... Justified:afrostar:

Absolutely love the banner! The metagame looks great too.
These sets are probably worthless gimmicks, but they might work out. I dunno I'm tired.
Charizard @ Leftovers
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly/Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Flare Blitz
- Thunder Punch
- Earthquake

Porygon-Z @ Life Orb
Ability: Download/Adaptability
EVs: 56 Atk / 200 SpA / 252 Spe
Naughty Nature
- Return
- Agility
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam

Nidoking @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Sludge Wave
- Earth Power
- Ice Beam
- Stealth Rock/Substitute/Superpower

It's the same as standard, but with 20 more base Sp. Attack. And if you follow Tim Taylor's philosophy:

Rampardos @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Ancient Power
- Earth Power
- Flamethrower
- Ice Beam/Focus Blast

You're still slow and frail, and you have a bad STAB move, but Life Force (that's what I call it) and 165 Sp. Attack will hurt a lot.

Kit Kasai

Love colored magic
Nidoking @ Life Orb
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Sludge Wave
- Earth Power
- Ice Beam
- Stealth Rock/Substitute/Superpower

It's the same as standard, but with 20 more base Sp. Attack. And if you follow Tim Taylor's philosophy:

Rampardos @ Life Orb
Modest Nature
- Ancient Power
- Earth Power
- Flamethrower
- Ice Beam/Focus Blast

You're still slow and frail, and you have a bad STAB move, but Life Force (that's what I call it) and 165 Sp. Attack will hurt a lot.
252+ SpA (165) Life Orb Sheer Force Rampardos Ancient Power vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Mew: 218-257 (63.9 - 75.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252 SpA (125) Life Orb Sheer Force Landorus Earth Power vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Mew: 242-286 (70.9 - 83.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

:/

252+ SpA (165) Life Orb Sheer Force Rampardos Ancient Power vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Mew: 218-257 (63.9 - 75.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252 SpA (125) Life Orb Sheer Force Landorus Earth Power vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Mew: 242-286 (70.9 - 83.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

:/
Your STAB may be noticeably weaker, but your coverage will be significantly more powerful.

Timid T-Tar gets even better now with a huge SpA
Also, physical regice can be a thing (like stat switch but worse)

Monte Cristo

Banned deucer.
Pony!

Keldeo @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Aqua Jet
- Aqua Tail / X-Scissor
- Close Combat

Dusk mod pony ;-;

But yeah I think X-Scissor is a saving grace for things like Celebi and Latias, I'm still wondering WHY this thing doesn't get megahorn :/.

Shiny Landorus-T + Blissey + Shiny Chansey just sounds scary because Lando lowers foes attack as well so it can take both sides of the spectrum reasonably well

Absolutely love the banner! The metagame looks great too.
These sets are probably worthless gimmicks, but they might work out. I dunno I'm tired.
Charizard @ Leftovers
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly/Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Flare Blitz
- Thunder Punch
- Earthquake
Put a Charizardite Y on that thing instead of Lefties.

Garchomp will definitely be fun in this. Quite a nice special movepool (Draco Meteor, Surf, Fire Blast, Earth Power) and the standard physical sets are still pretty good. Plus, the sprites are so similar that you'll really have to pay close attention to decide whether to send in your special or physical wall. Mixed sets could add to the confusion even more.

Gengar could probably use the sprite similarity to its advantage too. It doesn't have the greatest physical STAB (Shadow Punch and Poison Jab), but it does get some nice moves (elemental punches, Knock Off, Brick Break, Explosion)

EV

Banned deucer.
Garchomp will definitely be fun in this. Quite a nice special movepool (Draco Meteor, Surf, Fire Blast, Earth Power) and the standard physical sets are still pretty good. Plus, the sprites are so similar that you'll really have to pay close attention to decide whether to send in your special or physical wall. Mixed sets could add to the confusion even more.

Gengar could probably use the sprite similarity to its advantage too. It doesn't have the greatest physical STAB (Shadow Punch and Poison Jab), but it does get some nice moves (elemental punches, Knock Off, Brick Break, Explosion)
SubPunch Gengar is back!

Gengar should use Drain Punch over Brick Break imo. It also gets Sucker Punch.

If you're gonna use ChanBliss (this was difficult to make a portmanteau of), you should ALWAYS use shiny Blissey and regular Chansey. Blissey is infinitely better at tanking Knock Off, one of the most popular physical moves in the standard metagame.

That said, I don't recommend using that core. Mixed sweepers can power right through it, and the Fighting weakness in conjunction with zero resists is hard to overlook.

Kit Kasai

Love colored magic
I wouldn't recommend using either shiny chansey or shiny blissey, as the weakness to fighting (MAJOR physical typing) and lack of useful resists, as well as being pretty much completely passive, makes them really hard to use.

Instead, use this one hell of a tank:

Sylveon @ Leftovers
Ability: Pixilate
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Def / 16 Spe
Impish Nature
- Wish
- Protect / Baton Pass
- Return
- Heal Bell / Baton Pass

It's finally here guys: A physically defensive fairy ;___;

edit:

252+ Atk Life Orb Gengar Poison Jab vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Sylveon: 226-268 (57.3 - 68%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
rip lol

If you're gonna use ChanBliss (this was difficult to make a portmanteau of), you should ALWAYS use shiny Blissey and regular Chansey. Blissey is infinitely better at tanking Knock Off, one of the most popular physical moves in the standard metagame.

That said, I don't recommend using that core. Mixed sweepers can power right through it, and the Fighting weakness in conjunction with zero resists is hard to overlook.
You have 4 other Pokemon to deal with the Fighting types and mixed sweepers, so ChanBliss is a great core for stopping everything which isn't a Fighting type or dedicated stallbreaker. I think stall will be a dominant playstyle in this meta since most physical walls can be converted to special walls and vice versa. While there are offensive Pokemon which can be converted the same way, there are many offensive Pokemon whose movepools are geared toward their actual stats and not their shiny stats. A lot of the offensive sets posted here sound cool until you realize they are hopelessly walled by the appropriate pink blob.

Edit: Kit Kasai, that's why I said you have 4 other Pokemon. Of course you aren't going to wall the entire meta with 2 Pokemon.

Last edited:

Kit Kasai

Love colored magic
You have 4 other Pokemon to deal with the Fighting types and mixed sweepers, so ChanBliss is a great core for stopping everything which isn't a Fighting type or dedicated stallbreaker. I think stall will be a dominant playstyle in this meta since most physical walls can be converted to special walls and vice versa. While there are offensive Pokemon which can be converted the same way, there are many offensive Pokemon whose movepools are geared toward their actual stats and not their shiny stats. A lot of the offensive sets posted here sound cool until you realize they are hopelessly walled by the appropriate pink blob.
And then normal keldeo happily tramples over both of them :pimp:

Keldeo @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Secret Sword
- Icy Wind
- Hidden Power [Flying]

(or defiant Thundurus-Incarnate)
Thundurus-Therian @ Life Orb
Ability: Volt Absorb
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Knock Off
- Superpower / Wild Charge
- Taunt / Wild Charge
- Volt Switch

weeeeee

Last edited:
Shiny Mega Gardevoir intrigues me with her newfound ability to tank all priority rather than melting under it, and of course a free firepower upgrade -and access to her own priority in the form of Shadow Sneak.

It's not like I ever ran Psychic or Psyshock on most of my Mega Gardevoir anyway.

Shiny Ferrothorn occurs to me as a nice special wall that can also bolster its HP-restoring capabilities by using Giga Drain. Could have an interesting role for and against rain.

config/formats.js
Code:
    {
        name: "Stat Preference",
        section: "XY Singles",

mod: 'statpreference',
        ruleset: ['OU'],
        banlist: ['']
    },
mods/statpreference/scripts.js
Code:
exports.BattleScripts = {
    pokemon: {
        formeChange: function (template, dontRecalculateStats) {
            template = this.battle.getTemplate(template);

if (!template.abilities) return false;
            this.illusion = null;
            this.template = template;
            this.types = template.types;
            this.typesData = [];
            for (var i = 0, l = this.types.length; i < l; i++) {
                this.typesData.push({
                    type: this.types[i],
                    suppressed: false,
                    isAdded: false
                });
            }

if (!dontRecalculateStats) {
                for (var statName in this.stats) {
                    var stat = this.template.baseStats[statName];

if (this.set.shiny) {
                        var newStat;
                        if (statName === 'atk') newStat = 'spa';
                        if (statName === 'def') newStat = 'spd';
                        if (statName === 'spa') newStat = 'atk';
                        if (statName === 'spd') newStat = 'def';
                        if (newStat) stat = this.template.baseStats[newStat];
                    }

stat = Math.floor(Math.floor(2 * stat + this.set.ivs[statName] + Math.floor(this.set.evs[statName] / 4)) * this.level / 100 + 5);

// nature
                    var nature = this.battle.getNature(this.set.nature);
                    if (statName === nature.plus) stat *= 1.1;
                    if (statName === nature.minus) stat *= 0.9;
                    this.baseStats[statName] = this.stats[statName] = Math.floor(stat);
                }
                this.speed = this.stats.spe;
            }
            return true;
        }
    }
};

Can I bring to your attention Furfrou?

With 75/65/90/80/60/102 stats, it doesn't seem to impressive. However, it becomes a mean physical wall when you take Fur Coat into account. I'll let the calcs speak for themselves;

252 Atk Cobalion Close Combat vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Fur Coat Furfrou: 118-139 (33.3 - 39.2%) -- 13.7% chance to 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 Atk Mega Mewtwo X Low Kick (60 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Fur Coat Furfrou: 102-120 (28.8 - 33.8%) -- 97.5% chance to 4HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 Atk Pixilate Mega Gardevoir Return vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Fur Coat Furfrou: 100-118 (28.2 - 33.3%) -- 92.5% chance to 4HKO after Leftovers recovery (Shiny)

And, just for fun:
252 Atk Deoxys-A Extreme Speed vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Fur Coat Furfrou: 43-51 (12.1 - 14.4%) -- possibly the worst move ever
252+ Atk Choice Band Deoxys-A Extreme Speed vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Fur Coat Furfrou: 71-84 (20 - 23.7%) -- possible 6HKO after Leftovers recovery
And what can Furfrou do back?
0 SpA Furfrou Dark Pulse vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Deoxys-A: 296-350 (122.8 - 145.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)