Stat-Preference

Same goes for empoleon as he gets defiant along with swords dance a set of waterfall earthquake and drill peck would be good

Okay, I'm just gonna list some things here that I think would be cool.

Shiny Terrakion might be OK with the set of offensive CM, seeing as it gets a great 129 base Special Attack and a respectable 108 base Speed. However, no Rock-type STAB outside of Hidden Power hurts it.

Shiny Snorlax looks very cool as well, with Hyper Voice as STAB and a very expansive special move-pool, including such gems as Ice Beam, Fire Blast, Psychic, Surf, Thunder(bolt), and Focus Blast, although it lacks any way to boost its Special Attack. Gen 1 Stat Preference make it happen.

In the same vein as Snorlax, shiny Mega Lopunny is interesting. 136 Special Attack is nothing to screw around with, and it still gets unresisted coverage with Hyper Voice and Focus Blast.

Shiny Togekiss looks gimmicky, but fun with Hustle and 120 base Attack. Its physical move-pool isn't incredible, but it does have Aerial Ace for a never-miss STAB, Drain Punch for recovery, and Extreme Speed for a little priority.

Snaquaza

KACAW
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Ever regretted the fact that Landorus can't use its higher attacking stat well? Luckily this metagame fixes that!

Landorus (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Shiny: Yes
Jolly / Naive Nature
- Earth Power
- Sludge Wave
- Focus Blast
- Psychic / Gravity / Knock Off / Bulk Up / U-Turn

This set uses Landorus incredible coverage and high powered Sheer Force boosted attacks to break through the opponent. It's basically the same as in OU, but now it has a little power boost! Life Orb is great as it boosts its power but Sheer Force ignore it at boosted attacks. Earth Power is a strong STAB that allows it to KO most things that it hits neutrally. The other slots are for coverage, but honestly you can do with them whatever you want. You can use Gravity to KO stuff like Skarmory that think they can wall you, as well as hit Talonflame and CharY Super effectively. Especially CharY is important 'cause you outspeed it, so if it switches on on Gravity you get a free kill or another free turn. It also boosts Focus Blasts accuracy. Knock Off can be used to knock off items and it's special now, but it doesn't matter too much. Bulk Up is to boost your attacks and U-Turn is to grab momentum. A cool thing about this set is that you force mindgames, as most things that check special Lando can't check physical Lando.

252 Atk Life Orb Sheer Force Landorus Earth Power vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Mew: 242-286 (59.9 - 70.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery.
252 Atk Life Orb Sheer Force Landorus Sludge Wave vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Clefable: 302-356 (76.6 - 90.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery.
252 Atk Life Orb Sheer Force Landorus Psychic vs. 252 HP / 240+ Def Mega Venusaur: 205-242 (56.3 - 66.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO.
252 Atk Life Orb Sheer Force Landorus Focus Blast vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Skarmory: 122-144 (36.5 - 43.1%) -- 98.6% chance to 3HKO after Leftovers recovery <<< Gravity imo

As you can see, it can easily break through some good walls in the metagame. You have to watch out for some new stuff though like Will-O-Wisp, Hippowdon and Skarm, but they are easily KO'd or neutered by special sets, so they're risky counters.

Scizor-Mega @ Scizorite
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpA
Modest Nature
- Silver Wind
- Vacuum Wave
- Ominous Wind
- Hidden Power [Fire]

<- Shiny
Hoopa-Unbound @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Magician
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Hyperspace Fury
- Psychic
- Gunk Shot
- Drain Punch

Tyranitar @ Expert Belt
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 172 HP / 84 Def / 252 SpA
Modest Nature
- Fire Blast
- Ice Beam
- Dark Pulse
- Earth Power

This metagame seems really fun!!! I can't wait for the huge amount of stall teams sets that people may bring with this meta!! (Finally Nidoking has a
good SpAtk combined with sheer force, also Volbeat can use his own SpAtk Boost)

Scizor-Mega @ Scizorite
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpA
Modest Nature
- Silver Wind
- Vacuum Wave
- Ominous Wind
- Hidden Power [Fire]
Meh. No way to boost Special Attack, and Scizor's best moves (U-Turn, Bullet Punch, and Knock Off) are all weakened. If it's not pivoting or setting up (or defogging or healing or dropping hella priority), Scizor doesn't seem all that great, especially not taking up a mega slot.

On the defensive side of things, Mega Scizor traditionally capitalizes on its great typing by having the physical bulk to tank a lot of neutral hits (Fighting, Flying, Rock, and Ground all come to mind). With a specially defensive stat spread, however, I think there are a lot fewer things it can handle. It takes Water, Ghost, and Electric-type attacks better now, but it doesn't have the moves to actually hit those hard back in its Special form.

Incidentally, I'm similarly skeptical of Shiny Skarmory -- all that special bulk is just set to get ruined by the first random Thunderbolt or Fire Blast on your opponent's team. It can only wall special attackers that don't carry those, which means you still need to carry a switch-in for those... just like you would if it was regular Skarmory.

Sometimes things are just better suited to their standard physical/special inclination, you know? No need to be distracted by the (in this case, quite literal) shiny.

canno

formerly The Reptile
here's something that benefits greatly from this meta

Sceptile @ Sceptilite
Ability: Overgrow
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Leaf Blade
- Dragon Claw / Outrage
- Earthquake

This is for all those people who run SD Mega Sceptile. Now that it has 145 base Attack, SD is much more threatening. It has a great coverage move in Earthquake, which complements both its STAB moves very well. While that, outside of Outrage, it lacks a very strong STAB, they are all very reliable and have decent enough attack. It loses a little bit of special defense, but it really doesn't matter since its like 10 base points and scep isn't particularly bulky.

Meh. No way to boost Special Attack, and Scizor's best moves (U-Turn, Bullet Punch, and Knock Off) are all weakened. If it's not pivoting or setting up (or defogging or healing or dropping hella priority), Scizor doesn't seem all that great, especially not taking up a mega slot.

On the defensive side of things, Mega Scizor traditionally capitalizes on its great typing by having the physical bulk to tank a lot of neutral hits (Fighting, Flying, Rock, and Ground all come to mind). With a specially defensive stat spread, however, I think there are a lot fewer things it can handle. It takes Water, Ghost, and Electric-type attacks better now, but it doesn't have the moves to actually hit those hard back in its Special form.

Incidentally, I'm similarly skeptical of Shiny Skarmory -- all that special bulk is just set to get ruined by the first random Thunderbolt or Fire Blast on your opponent's team. It can only wall special attackers that don't carry those, which means you still need to carry a switch-in for those... just like you would if it was regular Skarmory.

Sometimes things are just better suited to their standard physical/special inclination, you know? No need to be distracted by the (in this case, quite literal) shiny.
I know, is quite bad LOL

I wanted to post some sets and this was the first thing it come to my mind XD

P.S. It can boost SpAtk and (and everything else) with Silver Wind and Ominous Wind... yeah this set is awful, fun but awful

Martin

A monoid in the category of endofunctors
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Entei can trade its stats and run a CM set akin to gen 5 ru, which is pretty sweet.

Tbh if this gad been invented before all the fire types got flare blitz it would gave been much more convenient.

Pity Pyroar is stuck with Flame Charge...
=================================
Luxray is pretty interesting in this meta. With access to 120 SpA and Intimidate, it could make for a good pivot and wallbreaker with a set of Thunderbolt, Volt Switch, HP Ice and Superpower. While it sucks that you lose Superpower's old potency, it benefits a lot from gaining this boost to its SpA, allowing it to wallbreak far more consistently. I remember using a similar set in BW NU (the wallbreaker seo on its bw analysis was my first analysis :toast:) and it was reasonably effective there, and im prolly gonna make a point of messing around with it in this if/when this gets coded.

Wait KyuB isn't even mentioned? Wow. Also, Garchomp now has good fire blasts it can use for reasons other than steel/flying birds.

I really like this idea, I did it unofficially, without the stat changes, and I had some fun with it. I used MegaChomp, Togekiss, Delphox (I just like her, okay.), Weavile, Sylveon, and Krookodile. This was just on my own and the mons were bad but I did suprise some people.

bp scrub

rub a dub dub one scrub in a tub
Man, if only Togekiss had its normal typing still. 120 attack + hustle + stab espeed = a ton of damage (remember inheritance lol)

Darmanitan seems like it could potentially be good, having a ridiculously strong SF + LO Fire Blast
To compare:
252 SpA Life Orb Sheer Force Darmanitan Fire Blast vs. 252 HP / 84+ SpD Clefable: 292-344 (74.1 - 87.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 SpA Choice Specs Keldeo Hydro Pump vs. 252 HP / 84+ SpD Clefable: 244-288 (61.9 - 73%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

That's a 20% damage increase, without being choice locked into a move. It also gets usable coverage, like Focus Blast, Grass Knot, and Psychic.

Not completely sure about this, but DNite and Salamence could possible enjoy being specially focused, with both of them having moves like Draco, Focus Blast, Fire Blast, and Salamence having hydro pump/Dnite with Hurriane.

Physical Pidgeot!
Bravest Bird (Pidgeot-Mega) @ Pidgeotite
Ability: No Guard
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- U-turn
- Steel Wing
- Roost
Although it doesn't get the usefulness of No Guard anymore, it may be USEABLE, I just don't suggest it
But maybe this? Probably not
Bat Chansey (Gliscor) @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Earth Power
- Toxic
- Roost
- Dark Pulse

This probably has been suggested already but...

Latios @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Dragon Claw / Outrage
- Earthquake
- Zen Headbutt

Yeah you can't touch Skarmory, but it's the fastest Dragon Dancer bar Mega Salamence. Hits pretty hard too.

This probably has been suggested already but...

Latios @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Dragon Claw / Outrage
- Earthquake
- Zen Headbutt

Yeah you can't touch Skarmory, but it's the fastest Dragon Dancer bar Mega Salamence. Hits pretty hard too.
Since Zen Headbutt doesn't add much to Dragon/Ground coverage, you could also run Roost over it to beat Skarmories without Whirlwind or as the last mon, and just to let it function as a more reliable offensive check to things. Of course, then you can't touch Magnet Rise Klefki or Togekiss, but HP Fire seems bad here, so.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)