Stat Specialization Tournament II [Sign-Ups]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Approved by... I don't know, nobody sent me a message. Probably Earthworm though. Get back to me on that.
Stat Specialization Tournament II

Artwork by Scepticallistic (thanks to that nice art project)
Original Tournament by Blackhawk11
The focus of this tournament is to look at Pokémon who are sometimes overlooked. The tournament is ‘standard’ OU, but its gimmick is that you may only use Pokémon whose highest base stat is whichever stat is selected for that round. Did you know that Hariyama's 120 base Attack isn't even its highest stat, or that Durant has 109 Attack and Speed... and 112 Defense?

General Rules
These battles may take place over Wifi or any simulator, as long as both players agree. The suggested simulator to use is Pokémon Showdown.
This will be a 64-player, single elimination tournament.
Teams can only consist of Pokémon whose highest base stat is the one chosen for that round.
Only one Pokémon whose base stats are all identical may be used per team. This is to increase variety.
Pokémon currently in Smogon’s Uber tier are banned.
I highly recommend (but do not require) that the winners should send me logs of their matches; this is to resolve disputes.
If you are ICBB status or are banned from joining tournaments, don’t even think about signing up.

Clauses

Smogon’s clauses will be used. In case you were wondering, they are:

• Species Clause: A player cannot have two of the same pokémon on their team. For example, a player cannot have two Koffing on his or her team.
  • Sleep Clause: A player cannot put two or more different opposing Pokémon to sleep using attacks that induce sleep to opposing pokémon.
  • Evasion Clause: A player cannot increase their Pokémon's evasion stat with a move that specifically increases evasion. Items or indirect boosts do not break this clause.
  • OHKO Clause: Players cannot use Horn Drill, Guillotine, Sheer Cold, or Fissure in any of their Pokémon's movesets.
  • Battle Timeout: If a player exhausts the timer, he/she loses.
Signups
The first 40 (62.5%) spots in the tournament will be given on a first-come, first-serve basis.
The remaining 24 spots will be given out randomly to people who signed up.

Also:Read that rules and guidelines thread. You see it stickied, in the Tournaments section? It's probably a good idea to read it.

FIRST COME FIRST SERVE:
dragonuser
Kennen
MikeDecIsHere
Brap
Eranu
WhiteQueen
Princess Bri
soviet
Blackhawk11
shartruce2
Dude24
lapras6666
Incon
lijero13ss
braveswin11
davidness
ThatsMyLatios
complete legitimacy
Arcticblast
Django
Rupe
Skywayz
TalkingLion
Yehom
Shelmet
Turnip123
kael
Sujiro Kifuja
ZoroDark
Pedrock
Double01
.Robert
Lavos Spawn
Froggy
Pkrs
Level 51
FLCL
Metal Sonic
Joel
DarkLoic

RANDOM.ORG DECIDES YOUR FATE:
CloudBreaker
V4Victini
MadCrazo
pokebasket
Vinc2612
CrashinBoomBang
ala
anno nyme
kokoloko
relaunched
SoulWind
zfs
BurningMan
Jayde
The Unlucky one
The Great Mighty Doom
Radli
Demist
Z-rex
Asek
Wifi UU
zdrup15
FelixMinamimoto
Brotom
Orichalcos Owl
SethZiBritannia
Frizy
-Manu-
Huntofthelion
breh
~GreenCore
MAlkaviano

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)