Stat Switch [Azumarill+Regice Banned]

Woooo reviving ded threads \o/

So, uh, Ledian might actually be good in this meta. 55/110/50/55/30/85 stats aren't bad... but they're very close to it. It can finally abuse that physical movepool and Iron Fist! :D I'm sure a Scarf set would work maybe possibly probably not. It's worth a shot, though, maybe just for the fun of using Ledian.

So, uh, Ledian might actually be good in this meta. 55/110/50/55/30/85 stats aren't bad... but they're very close to it. It can finally abuse that physical movepool and Iron Fist! :D I'm sure a Scarf set would work maybe possibly probably not. It's worth a shot, though, maybe just for the fun of using Ledian.
Not sure how good this thing will be, 110 Attack isn't too overwhelming, and most of the time it'll be running scarf because of its speed, plus its defenses are non-existent.

That's extremely close to what I said. I never said it'd be an amazing mon, it just might be fun to use. At any rate, it's not as bad as it is in the standard metagame.

That's extremely close to what I said. I never said it'd be an amazing mon, it just might be fun to use. At any rate, it's not as bad as it is in the standard metagame.
So it's a gimmick? It doesn't have anything going for it. 4x weak to Stealth Rocks is not good for a Choice Locked Pokemon. It won't survive very long. Plus, it's weak to all forms of status. I don't know how much fun I would have using it.

It's not a gimmick, as it can actually be used on a serious team. It's like a C or D-ranked Pokemon on a viability ranking- while it takes extensive team support to be used, (hazard removers, maybe Sticky Web, etc) it's still a semi-viable and usable Pokemon in the metagame. If you do use Sticky Web, then it can freely run Life Orb. And as for "It doesn't have anything going for it," while base 110 Attack isn't amazing per se, it's not bad either. And when you stack Iron Fist on that it can hit surprisingly hard. You might not have fun using it, but I, for one, definitely will.

80/160/170/60/130/80

The thing that balanced Hoopa-U is gone!!!

Hoopa-U is a Pokémon with an amazing physical movepool, a wonderfull 160 attack stat, a really good 80/170/130 bulk (even when he has no resistances can tank a LOT of neutral hits)

Hoopa-Unbound @ Life Orb
Ability: Magician
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Hyperspace Fury
- Drain Punch
- Gunk Shot
- Zen Headbutt

113/113/95/113/95/75

OMG ban this thing now!! XD

Sure, loses a lot of speed, but who needs that when you have 113 in SpAtk + Contrary Leaf Storm!!!

Serperior @ Assault Vest
Ability: Contrary
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Giga Drain
- Dragon Pulse
- Hidden Power [Fire]

AV Serperior actually seems like a good option IMO, 113/95/95 is quite good, and the only moves that Serperior has to heal itself is Giga Drain, Rest and Synthesis, and Giga Drain is going to heal more than Synthesis most of the time

Fun fact: non invested 113 Spatk Serperior has more Spatk than a fully invested Timid Serperior

Also it could be running lefties with moves like Aromatherapy, Taunt and Glare

Word, because that's what I'm doing right now (because I can)

Charizard is pretty interesting. While Mega Charizard X is pretty much out of the game, both base Charizard and Mega Charizard Y become really good physical walls with the movepool to run a physical set and with pretty good speed.

Charizard @ Charizardite Y
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 252 HP, 252 Atk, 4 Def
Adamant Nature
- Roost
- Dragon Dance / Will-o-Wisp / Tailwind
- Flare Blitz / Fire Punch
- Aerial Ace / Fly / Dragon Claw / Earthquake

A bulky attacking Charizard. Roost is an essential part of any Stat Switch Charizard, by nature as an obvious healing move. Add your choice of other status move - Dragon Dance lets Charizard boost, Will-o-Wisp lets Charizard be even more of a physical wall via burns, and Tailwind is nice support. Then there's the choice of Fire STAB - I'd personally go for Flare Blitz, you can and will heal it off anyway. Then you have other move - aerial Ace and Fly are best STABs, while Dragon Claw and Earthquake are pretty good coverage.

Of course, a pure support set is also possible, and it doesn't (have to) waste your Mega slot!

Charizard @ Charizardite Y / Leftovers / Lum Berry
EVs: 252 HP, 4 Atk, 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Roost
- Will-o-Wisp
- Tailwind
- Dragon Tail

While the Mega Stone is preferable, Leftovers is also good for teams that already have their Mega slot eaten up. Lum Berry is also good for those paranoid about Toxic.

Decided to share some of my old sets from when I was gud at this.

Emboar @ Leftovers
EVs: 220 HP / 36 Atk / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Sleep Talk
- Rest
- Heavy Slam
- Flamethrower

EVs ensure the OHKO on Carbink after one round of LO recoil.

Infernape @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
Bold Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Slack Off
- Will-O-Wisp
- Flamethrower

Some people forget about Infernape's wonky movepool. I decided to put it to use to create a good SR setter for defensive teams.

Kyurem-Black @ Leftovers
Ability: Teravolt
EVs: 248 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD / 4 Spe
Calm Nature
- Ice Beam
- Earth Power
- Roost
- Toxic

One of my favorite stallmons. It can take LO-less Carbink without Stone Edge on 1-on-1 and actually beat it, which is flat-out insane for something weak to both its STABs.

Stall is really fun to use in this meta because of the flexibility you have when choosing your team.

-
-
"Absol:
65/150/60/115/60115 --> 65/60/150/115/150/115"

fix that? (for defensive threats)

And this is really interesting..
Could Azelf become a thing? Its Defense and Special Defense is cool, though its offensive stats are wasted. It can be a bulky utility mon

Sharpedo @ Life Orb
Ability: Speed Boost
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Dark Pulse
- Protect

70/40/120/95/120/95

With a bulk of 70/120/120 can be a decent enough Bulky Attacker with the combination of Speed Boost + good Special Movepool
95 is not exactly AMAZING imo, specially in this meta's standards, but it can have a niche

Sharpedo @ Leftovers/Rocky Helmet
Ability: Rough Skin / Speed Boost
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Impish Nature
- Scald
- Super Fang
- Protect
- Destiny Bond

Kinda like Garchomp, but no x4 Weaknesses, and acces to Scald and Super Fang, and if you want, you can use Speed Boost over Rough Skin to get a faster DB, but you need RH to punish attacks.}

Is kinda gimmick, but can be fun to use :P

Didn't see this in the OP so I figured it was worth noting: Togekiss's stat distribution is now 85/120/95/50/115/80. With that statline you think it'd be a pretty effective Hustle abuser, but unfortunately its physical movepool is very shallow. Still, there's always Banded Hustle Extreme Speed if you want that combination.

Didn't see this in the OP so I figured it was worth noting: Togekiss's stat distribution is now 85/120/95/50/115/80. With that statline you think it'd be a pretty effective Hustle abuser, but unfortunately its physical movepool is very shallow. Still, there's always Banded Hustle Extreme Speed if you want that combination.
No STAB Extreme Speed tho :(

*cries in a corner*

going to post a Stat Switch replay I had on the Random Other Metagames server because I think it was a pretty good match and want to save it: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/rom-statswitch-938

Impressions: Salamence is really good. It's already listed in the OP as a defensive threat, but I think it can do well offensively too thanks to its access to Dragon Dance and the fact that due to how high its defenses are it usually has a pretty easy time setting up. Doesn't have a particularly good matchup against some of the faster offensive threats like Carbink and Aggron, though, but it can hit them hard with Earthquake if need be.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)